Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

Am I Wrong?
Aeon Posted: Sun Jun 6 23:31:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Am I wrong to love good music? To believe that Chris Cornell and Maynard James Keenan's lyrics are genius? To feel that music is the poetry of the soul?

Am I wrong to think that true love exists? To want to hold fast to the romantic ideal that there is someone out there for everyone?


The answer: Yes.


 
DaveHill Posted: Mon Jun 7 02:13:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The Chris Cornell part is dubious yes :P


 
dan632 Posted: Mon Jun 7 04:44:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  maynard's lyrics are good, he sings like a rabbit in a blender though


 
Mesh Posted: Mon Jun 7 04:45:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  which makes it all the better.

because hey, you add some spices, and rabbit stew.


 
FN Posted: Mon Jun 7 11:01:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I believe in true lust.


 
casper Posted: Mon Jun 7 11:05:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I believe in true lust.

hmmm...i don't think i've ever came across fake lust before...well...maybe if you ask some of my exes...


 
FN Posted: Mon Jun 7 11:37:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>Christophe said:
>>I believe in true lust.
>
>hmmm...i don't think i've ever came across fake lust before

My point exactly.

Have seen plenty of faked love though.


 
antartica Posted: Mon Jun 7 15:46:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>Have seen plenty of faked love though.

simple... men give love for sex
women give sex for love...

welcome to the real world for those of you who think otherwise


 
Asswipe Posted: Mon Jun 7 17:09:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>Am I wrong to love good music? To believe that Chris Cornell and Maynard James Keenan's lyrics are genius? To feel that music is the poetry of the soul?

i'd say you're wrong here. i'd equate listening to good music, the musical part of it, to getting a massage; purely physical pleasure. unless you're a music major and can consciously appreciate the mechanical aspects of the rhythms/chords/whatever.

and "poetry of the soul" is just redundant 'cause lyrics are no different then poetry.

>
>Am I wrong to think that true love exists? To want to hold fast to the romantic ideal that there is someone out there for everyone?

i'm a believer that there is someone out there for me, but to find 'em and appreciate them, i think i need to know myself better, something that i think very few people ever accomplish. in my "love book" it's damn easy to get your name written down w/ a sweet smile and a nice ass... sadly, yeah.


 
choke Posted: Tue Jun 8 05:15:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :') Maynard is amazing.

Never heard of that other guy.

Cant agree on the love thing (shit) though :P


 
Christian Posted: Wed Jun 9 07:20:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>Christophe said:
>>I believe in true lust.
>
>hmmm...i don't think i've ever came across fake lust before...well...maybe if you ask some of my exes...

Hey Casper...long time no see how goes it dude?


 
Mouse Posted: Wed Jun 9 19:42:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon dear, you don't sound very happy of late. How is life treating you? Are you okay?
Mouse


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jun 9 19:56:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>Aeon said:
>>Am I wrong to love good music? To believe that Chris Cornell and Maynard James Keenan's lyrics are genius? To feel that music is the poetry of the soul?
>
>i'd say you're wrong here. i'd equate listening to good music, the musical part of it, to getting a massage; purely physical pleasure. unless you're a music major and can consciously appreciate the mechanical aspects of the rhythms/chords/whatever.
>
>and "poetry of the soul" is just redundant 'cause lyrics are no different then poetry.
>
what about music with no lyrics ?

>>Am I wrong to think that true love exists? To want to hold fast to the romantic ideal that there is someone out there for everyone?
>
>i'm a believer that there is someone out there for me, but to find 'em and appreciate them, i think i need to know myself better, something that i think very few people ever accomplish. in my "love book" it's damn easy to get your name written down w/ a sweet smile and a nice ass... sadly, yeah.

well said.


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]