Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Dear Susan...
antartica Posted: Tue Jun 8 05:19:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dear Susan:

I know the counselor said we shouldn't contact each other during our "cooling off" period, but I couldn't wait anymore. The day you left, I swore I'd never talk to you again. But that was just the wounded little boy in me talking. Still, I never wanted to be the first one to make contact.

In my fantasies, it was always you who would come crawling back to me. I guess my pride needed that. But now I see that my pride's cost me a lot of things. I'm tired of pretending I don't miss you. I don't care about looking bad anymore. I don't care who makes the first move as long as one of us
does. Maybe it's time we let our hearts speak as loudly as our hurt. And this is what my heart says...

"There's no one like you, Susan." I look for you in the eyes and breasts of every woman I see, but they're not you. They're not even close. Two weeks ago, I met this girl at Ithaca Bar and brought her home with me. I don't say this to hurt you, but just to illustrate the depth of my desperation. She was young, maybe 19, with one of those perfect bodies that only youth and maybe a childhood spent ice skating can give you. I mean, just a perfect body. Jugs you wouldn't believe and an ass like a tortoise shell. Every man's dream, right? But as I sat on the couch being blown by this stunner, I thought, look at the stuff we've made important in our lives. It's all so superficial. What does a perfect body mean?

Does it make her better in bed? Well, in this case, yes. But you see what I'm getting at. Does it make her a better person? Does she have a better heart than my moderately attractive Susan? I doubt it. And I'd never really thought of that before. I Don't know, maybe I'm just growing up a little.

Later, after I'd tossed her about a half a pint of throat yogurt, I found myself thinking, "Why do I feel so drained and empty?" It wasn't just her flawless technique or her slutty, shameless hunger, but something else. Some feeling of loss. Why did it feel so incomplete? And then it hit me.

It didn't feel the same because you weren't there, Susan, to watch. Do you know what I mean? Nothing feels the same without you. Jesus, Susan, I'm just going crazy without you. And everything I do just reminds me of you.

Do you remember Carol, that single mom we met in Upper Side last year? Well, she dropped by last week with a pan of lasagna. She said she figured I wasn't eating right without a woman around. I didn't know what she meant till later, but that's not the real story. Anyway, we had a few glasses of wine and the next thing you know we're banging away in our old bedroom. And this tart's a total monster in the sack. She's giving me everything, you know like a real woman does when she's not hung up about her weight or her career and whether the kids can hear us. And all of a sudden she spots that tilting mirror on your grandmother's old vanity. So she puts it on the floor and we straddle it, right, so we can watch ourselves. And it's totally hot, but it makes me sad too. 'Cause I can't help thinking, "Why didn't Susan ever put the mirror on the floor? We've had this old vanity for what, 14
years, and we never used it as a sex aid."

Saturday, your sister drops by with my copy of the restraining order. I mean, Vicky's just a kid and all, but she's got a pretty good head on her shoulders and she's been a real friend to me during this painful time.

She's given me lots of good counsel about you and about women in general. She’s pulling for us to get back together, Susan, She really is. So we're drinking in a hot bath and talking about happier times. Here's this teenage girl with the same DNA as you and all I can do is think of how much she
looked like you when you were 18. And that just about makes me cry. And then it turns out Vicky's really into the whole anal thing and that gets me to thinking about how many times I pressured you about trying it and how that probably fuelled some of the bitterness between us.

But do you see how even then, when I'm thrusting inside your baby sister's cinnamon ring, all I can do is think of you? It's true, Susan. In your heart you know it. Don't you think we could start over? Just wipe out all the grievances and start fresh? I think we can.

If you feel the same please, please, please let me know, otherwise, can you let me know where the remote control is.

John

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 8 05:35:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>If you feel the same please, please, please let me know, otherwise, can you let me know where the remote control is.
>

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aeon Posted: Tue Jun 8 11:08:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've seen this somewhere around here before.

iggy Posted: Tue Jun 8 20:42:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  u have. cos i posted it

Mouse Posted: Tue Jun 8 21:55:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Waste of bandwidth, ant.
Not only is that quite gross, but it's lurking around on a forgotten thread.
Mouse

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 8 22:21:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  where in sam hell is hypocrite and howitzer? I miss those two

libra Posted: Tue Jun 8 23:46:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>where in sam hell is hypocrite and howitzer? I miss those two

same here.

Hypocrite is doing well, i check her livejournal every once in awhile...

iggy Posted: Wed Jun 9 03:32:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>meshuggah said:
>>where in sam hell is hypocrite and howitzer? I miss those two
>
>same here.
>
>Hypocrite is doing well, i check her livejournal every once in awhile...

is she married yet?
the last i heard/read... she was supposed to.

addi Posted: Wed Jun 9 07:30:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  while were on the topic of more missing persons...

SntSaturn
Jennemmer
SocialyD
Malik
m*a*s*

and who we need to see more effort from in order to make this months posting quota. Their production has been slipping and we won't make the bonus(in no particular order):

SweetP, misszero, marsi, novrain, dancer, panther, sailovzi, trogdor, Jesus, maya, JAZER, Paulo, lethal poppy, simonvii,puck, webmaster, erik and his sister erika, libra

i'm sure I missed some too

oh, yeah
who we need to hear less from:
Addison

Mesh Posted: Wed Jun 9 07:34:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:

>who we need to hear less from:
>Addison
>

and meshuggah.

FN Posted: Wed Jun 9 07:35:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>addison said:
>
>>who we need to hear less from:
>>Addison
>>
>
>
>and meshuggah.

and Christophe

addi Posted: Wed Jun 9 07:40:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lol

yeah, i know I've been hogging some major bandwidth here.
I'm making a concerted effort to slow down and ride in the backseat
...at least for a short while ; )

libra Posted: Wed Jun 9 11:33:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>
>is she married yet?
>the last i heard/read... she was supposed to.

not yet. but she's going to get a bunny this week.

Kira Posted: Wed Jun 9 15:39:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What the deuce? I've been posting like a maniac. It's making me paranoid. *Smirk*

FN Posted: Wed Jun 9 15:53:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>not yet. but she's going to get a bunny this week.

Her boyfriend will be pleased.

antartica Posted: Wed Jun 9 16:46:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>meshuggah said:
>>addison said:
>>
>>>who we need to hear less from:
>>>Addison
>>>
>>
>>
>>and meshuggah.
>
>
>and Christophe

and antartica

Mouse Posted: Wed Jun 9 19:56:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>while were on the topic of more missing persons...
>
>SntSaturn
>Jennemmer
>SocialyD
>Malik
>m*a*s*

bluellama, momo, and Paulo have dropped off as well. There were others I was thinking of just recently but I don't remember who. We should form a search party and find out where they all went.
Mouse

mat_j Posted: Wed Jun 9 20:16:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Paulo is alive and well and busily commuting betwixt Dre central command (our house) and his parents house.

Tonight he was on a date with this girl who's like a year older than him and it's excited him considerably.

He briefly returned to make sure me and Lee (AKA the anubis guy who posts here time to time) had taken the rubbish out. We hadn't.

After proceding to remove the bags from our garden and into the lane then came into the living room where he was questioned as to his dates appearance and putoutability.

After the ribbing he informed me that he would return tomorrow for a light snack and discussion on a project we are writing.

That is the news on Paulo

iggy Posted: Wed Jun 9 21:00:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>Christophe said:
>>meshuggah said:
>>>addison said:
>>>
>>>>who we need to hear less from:
>>>>Addison
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>and meshuggah.
>>
>>
>>and Christophe
>
>and antartica

nad that mofo posting bitch chanz. he should just take his bloody posting whore ways to hell.

iggy Posted: Wed Jun 9 21:03:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
a*s*
>
>bluellama, momo, and Paulo have dropped off as well. There were others I was thinking of just recently but I don't remember who. We should form a search party and find out where they all went.
>Mouse

momo is doing well. got a new job and promotion too, which means she is actually doing work for once.

she does come in here once in a while to spy on us (especially me... she thinks i pick up strange people here)

but she knows what's going on.
beware

iggy Posted: Wed Jun 9 21:04:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>libra said:
>>not yet. but she's going to get a bunny this week.
>
>Her boyfriend will be pleased.

what's this thing about?
women ditching marriage for bunnies.

bloody feminism

Mouse Posted: Wed Jun 9 23:59:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chanz said:
>Christophe said:
>>libra said:
>>>not yet. but she's going to get a bunny this week.
>>
>>Her boyfriend will be pleased.
>
>what's this thing about?
>women ditching marriage for bunnies.
>
>bloody feminism

You misunderstand entirely, he must first withstand the test of the bunny to prove he will make a suitable mate.
I don't get rabbits, they're always so mean and yet they have this cute and fluffy rep.
Mouse

Mesh Posted: Thu Jun 10 00:16:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  momo is watching?

HEY MOMO WHATS GOING ON?!?!?!?!

Speak to me!

sweet p Posted: Thu Jun 10 02:37:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:

>and who we need to see more effort from in order to make this months posting quota.
>SweetP

I'm here! I'm here!

I guess I am just quiet these days...I waste all my conversation on my dog and my little sister.
I am extremely bored.
[Can't wait til July when I will have a full time job and not some silly shift work].

heheheh HI MOMO!!!

Kira Posted: Thu Jun 10 02:52:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yo Mo! Whaha.

addi Posted: Thu Jun 10 07:39:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>I'm here! I'm here!

good, but we're a little dissapointed in the Canadian branches production. We need a full days work out of you. Your first quarter levels have dropped off from 2003, and that's just not acceptable. : )

>I guess I am just quiet these days...I waste all my conversation on my dog

coversations with dogs are never wasted. Some of the best advice I get is from my pooch. Once, at band camp, I was distraught and a smart weiner dog told me to drink from the toilet bowl, and then lick my b*lls. It really helped!

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jun 10 08:11:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And one time, when I was in band camp . . .lol

misszero Posted: Thu Jun 10 08:27:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the backseat, eh addi?

you know, that's just BEGGING for a reply from jizzy red.

addi Posted: Thu Jun 10 08:36:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:

>you know, that's just BEGGING for a reply from jizzy red.

lol!
if it will help increase our production from the Aussie District I'll take one for the company in the butt!

*gets down on knees and starts begging to Ms. Oh

antartica Posted: Thu Jun 10 10:29:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>*gets down on knees and starts begging to Ms. Oh

heheh... be careful of what you wish for... you may just get it...

addi Posted: Thu Jun 10 10:36:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>heheh... be careful of what you wish for... you may just get it...

LOL
wrote and then deleted 3 replys to this one

think i'll go with...
no comment

sweet p Posted: Thu Jun 10 14:29:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:

>Your first quarter levels have dropped off from 2003, and that's just not acceptable. : )

I am trying to sort out my future hahah. It sounds so lame and is very hard for me to do...because I don't plan very far ahead.

I realised I don't know what I want to do with school/life/etc. I like too many things and nothing all at the same time and I've already switched my majors in school so many times I need to stick with ONE and I can't make up my mind.

Instead of exploding, I try to keep these things to myself until they are sort of under control and then I just get quiet.....

> Once, at band camp, I was distraught and a smart weiner dog told me to drink from the toilet bowl, and then lick my b*lls. It really helped!

Oh my.

addi Posted: Thu Jun 10 14:33:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>I am trying to sort out my future hahah.

take your time. it's an important thing to sort out.
I'm still trying to sort mine out

>Oh my.

Oh, Dear.

sweet p Posted: Thu Jun 10 14:39:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:

>take your time. it's an important thing to sort out.

I want to be a professional student : ) Hahaha
Except I hate exams.

I just can't imagine having to wake up every day for work at the same time and doing that for the rest of my life. I guess I need to find something I LOVE.

>Oh, Dear.

Oh dear is right.

Mesh Posted: Thu Jun 10 15:43:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  for sweet p and addison

Go ahead, talk to your dogs
Border collie has 'vocabulary' of 200 words
Rico can learn the names of unfamiliar toys after just one exposure to the new word-toy combination.
The Associated Press
Updated: 12:36 p.m. ET June 10, 2004WASHINGTON - As many a dog owner will attest, our furry friends are listening. Now, for the doubters, there is scientific proof they understand much of what they hear.

German researchers have found a border collie named Rico who understands more than 200 words and can learn new ones as quickly as many children.

Patti Strand, an American Kennel Club board member, called the report “good news for those of us who talk to our dogs.”

“Like parents of toddlers, we learned long ago the importance of spelling key words like bath, pill or vet when speaking in front of our dogs,” Strand said. “Thanks to the researchers who’ve proven that people who talk to their dogs are cutting-edge communicators, not just a bunch of eccentrics.”

‘Thanks to the researchers who’ve proven that people who talk to their dogs are cutting-edge communicators, not just a bunch of eccentrics.’

— Patti Strand
American Kennel Club

The researchers found that Rico knows the names of dozens of play toys and can find the one called for by his owner. That is a vocabulary size about the same as apes, dolphins and parrots trained to understand words, the researchers say.

Rico can even take the next step, figuring out what a new word means.

Equivalent to toddler
The researchers put several known toys in a room along with one that Rico had not seen before. From a different room, Rico’s owner asked him to fetch a toy, using a name for the toy the dog had never heard.

The border collie, a breed known primarily for its herding ability, was able to go to the room with the toys and, seven times out of 10, bring back the one he had not seen before. The dog seemingly understood that because he knew the names of all the other toys, the new one must be the one with the unfamiliar name.

“Apparently he was able to link the novel word to the novel item based on exclusion learning, either because he knew that the familiar items already had names or because they were not novel,” said the researchers, led by Julia Fischer of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig.

A month later, he still remembered the name of that new toy three out of six times, even without having seen it since that first test. That is a rate the scientists said was equivalent to that of a 3-year-old.

Rico’s learning ability may indicate that some parts of speech comprehension developed separately from human speech, the scientists said.

“You don’t have to be able to talk to understand a lot,” Fischer said. The team noted that dogs have evolved with humans and have been selected for their ability to respond to the communications of people.

Not unique to humans?
Katrina Kelner, Science’s deputy editor for life sciences, said “such fast, one-trial learning in dogs is remarkable. This ability suggests that the brain structures that support this kind of learning are not unique to humans and may have formed the evolutionary basis of some of the advanced language abilities of humans.”Perhaps, although Paul Bloom of Yale University urges caution.

“Children can understand words used in a range of contexts. Rico’s understanding is manifested in his fetching behavior,” Bloom writes in a commentary, also in Science.

Bloom calls for further experiments to answer several questions: Can Rico learn a word for something other than a small object to be fetched? Can he display knowledge of a word in some way other than fetching? Can he follow an instruction not to fetch something?

Fischer and her colleagues are still working with Rico to see if he can understand requests to put toys in boxes or to bring them to certain people. Rico was born in December 1994 and lives with his owners. He was tested at home.

Funding for this research was provided in part by the German Research Foundation.

Oh, and I have a Border Collie, and he IS very smart and seems like he knows a lot of words.

Mesh Posted: Thu Jun 10 15:46:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  RIP Ray Charles.

Keep on smilin bro.

addi Posted: Thu Jun 10 17:18:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thanks mesh.
i plan to continue my long one way conversations with the canine world. turns out their good listeners

*Sweet P
Do something you love
Find someone you love
you'll be happy

Mesh Posted: Thu Jun 10 18:47:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:

>*Sweet P

>Find someone you love

yes. and when you find them, dont let them slip away.

it'll haunt you for a long time. wondering what might have been.

god damnit.

on a light note, hooray for more free pizza for meshuggah!!!

misszero Posted: Sat Jun 12 03:51:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  careful what he wishes for, eh?

oh the possibilities

Mesh Posted: Sat Jun 12 03:52:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The dumber people think you are,
the more surprised they'll be when you kill them!

antartica Posted: Sun Jun 13 02:12:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>careful what he wishes for, eh?
>
>oh the possibilities

and what might be going through your mind.......?

misszero Posted: Mon Jun 14 02:27:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh, you know... the usual.....

antartica Posted: Mon Jun 14 04:22:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>oh, you know... the usual.....

hmmmm.....

sweet p Posted: Mon Jun 14 13:10:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:

>*Sweet P
>Do something you love
>Find someone you love
>you'll be happy

Hehe, not so easy.

I'm happy right now though! And that's all that matters : )

sweet p Posted: Mon Jun 14 13:11:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:

>yes. and when you find them, dont let them slip away.
>
>it'll haunt you for a long time. wondering what might have been.

: (

I'll remember that.

antartica Posted: Mon Jun 14 13:12:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  which brings to mind a question
do you all agree with this one:

"if you're not with the one you love, love the one you're with"

i don't

addi Posted: Mon Jun 14 13:15:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>do you all agree with this one:
>
>"if you're not with the one you love, love the one you're with"

only if you have to pay for it. otherwise leave it alone.

addi Posted: Mon Jun 14 13:19:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and yes, before I'm accused of infecting young impressionable minds, the above was a joke.

antartica Posted: Mon Jun 14 13:20:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>and yes, before I'm accused of infecting young impressionable minds, the above was a joke.
>
>

innocent me.... lil Ant.... i will now be scarred ad traumatised for life.... =P

sweet p Posted: Mon Jun 14 13:23:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hahaha...

And no, I don't like that saying, Ant. It is dumb. But there are some exceptions to my rules and I am sure that if the situation called for it, I might follow the saying...

Like lets say...if there were no other people left on the planet : )
heh...I dunno...love is weird...and so are people. You might not be with the one you love but have tricked yourself into thinking you love them...

Mouse Posted: Mon Jun 14 15:08:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>addison said:
>>and yes, before I'm accused of infecting young impressionable minds, the above was a joke.
>>
>>
>
>innocent me.... lil Ant.... i will now be scarred ad traumatised for life.... =P

Ditto. *giant innocent eyes*

Paulo Posted: Sat Jun 19 06:59:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I return! My absence has been down to a number of factors.

1) I'm forgetful, when I think i've checked GT in the last three days, it has in fact been 3 weeks at least.

2) I've been coming back and forth between the Dre and me parents home in anticpation of moving back and because living in the Dre gets very expensive.

Actually thats about it really. I'm glad to hear news of my dating life has spread. Apparently i've gained quite a reputation by doing not a lot, as people I haven't seen in months are coming up to Mat and asking him about my seedy sex life ... ah well, can't hurt can it.

On the subject of Mat_J the internet has been cut off in the Dre because none of us have paid the bills, which is why he has been absent recently.

FN Posted: Sat Jun 19 07:40:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lol

wb

Mesh Posted: Sat Jun 19 07:42:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hahah good job on keeping up with your bills ;)

tell mat_J mesh said hey.

and welcome back, sir Paulo.

addi Posted: Sat Jun 19 10:03:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Paulo said:

>On the subject of Mat_J the internet has been cut off in the Dre because none of us have paid the bills, which is why he has been absent recently.

thank you, Paulo. Great to hear from you. I was wondering about mat's absence. Next time you see him please knee him in the groin for me. Bless you.

Mouse Posted: Sat Jun 19 10:14:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Addi! Oh dear...
I think I'd shrivel up and die without my internet connection. O.o

Anyways, welcome back Paulo!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]