Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Petition to God
antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 03:15:20 2004  
  http://www.petitiononline.com/stopgod/petition.html

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 15 03:35:51 2004  
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3791795.stm

trogdor57 Posted: Tue Jun 15 11:21:23 2004  
  Oh, C'mon....

Signing a petition?! What's the point of that?

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 11:27:42 2004  
  Same point as praying I guess.

At least "he" could read this.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 15 11:30:22 2004  
  It's just to have as a back up hard copy in case we need to defend ourselves on judgement day
: )

trogdor57 Posted: Tue Jun 15 11:32:10 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Same point as praying I guess.
>
>At least "he" could read this.

But I wonder, does God have DSL or Dial-up...?

But seriously, telling him not to do bad things won't do any good cuz he doesn't do any bad things.

John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the fullest."

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 11:39:10 2004  
  Yeah trog, it's more likely that "he" has mindreading powers.

If you believe "god" has put everything into action and created life, "he" also created the misery resulting from it, therefor "he" has at least done 1 bad thing.

Christophe 101: "I didn't squash that bug, I only put my foot down real hard on top of it."

trogdor57 Posted: Tue Jun 15 11:47:18 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Yeah trog, it's more likely that "he" has mindreading powers.
>
>If you believe "god" has put everything into action and created life, "he" also created the misery resulting from it, therefor "he" has at least done 1 bad thing.
>
>Christophe 101: "I didn't squash that bug, I only put my foot down real hard on top of it."

You can't give god folly for our own mistakes.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 11:51:23 2004  
  Why give him credit for our good deeds then?

Double standards.

libra Posted: Tue Jun 15 11:53:32 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Why give him credit for our good deeds then?
>

I agree christophe
I hate the way people treat bad luck as something that they caused, but if anything good happens, its all because of god...can't the good and bad be our own doing...or just a coincidence...

addi Posted: Tue Jun 15 11:55:16 2004  
  trogdor57 said:

>You can't give god folly for our own mistakes.

he's right, chris. Your taste in suits is not god's fault.

(But I do suspect god is behind this whole reality TV craze)

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 11:58:12 2004  
  Hahaha hey stay away from the suit.$

Think what you want man it seems to work it's magic where it needs to ;o)

mtutimmy Posted: Tue Jun 15 11:58:56 2004  
  so I think this is going to start another debate over religion and whether there truly is a god and so on and so forth. So now you all get to hear my thoughts. There really isn't any "proof" that god exists or not. The Bible is infallible just like any other book written by man... it's full of bias and half truths.

libra Posted: Tue Jun 15 11:59:31 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Hahaha hey stay away from the suit.$
>
>Think what you want man it seems to work it's magic where it needs to ;o)

hehe, i like it...

mtutimmy Posted: Tue Jun 15 11:59:52 2004  
  I meant fallible, sorry about that.

trogdor57 Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:00:29 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Why give him credit for our good deeds then?
>
>Double standards.

Because God embodies all that is good in the world, he wants us to succeed, and he will often give us a little boost. He also hates to see us suffer, so he tries to give us a push away from danger. The problem is that some people ignore that. It's not his fault, it's ours. It all goes back to freedom of choice.

DanSRose Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:01:23 2004  
  I want an invisibility cloak. That would be so cool.

You can't see me.

trogdor57 Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:02:44 2004  
  DanSRose said:
>I want an invisibility cloak. That would be so cool.
>
>You can't see me.

That's kinda random, but hey, whatever.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:07:12 2004  
  trogdor57 said:
>Because God embodies all that is good in the world, he wants us to succeed, and he will often give us a little boost. He also hates to see us suffer, so he tries to give us a push away from danger. The problem is that some people ignore that. It's not his fault, it's ours. It all goes back to freedom of choice.

That's all very nice trog.

Now tell me how you know all of that.

People told you, ok.

Who told those people.

The bible, ok.

Who wrote the bible.

Other people, ok.

Who told those people.

"Jesus", ok.

Who told "Jesus".

God?

How did "god" tell "jesus"?

Sounds like a pretty weak strategy if you're omnipotent anyway.

Would be a lot better to pass out some fliers.

libra Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:08:21 2004  
  DanSRose said:
>I want an invisibility cloak. That would be so cool.
>
>You can't see me.

me too, that'd be fun.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:08:27 2004  
  If "god" exists he probably isn't as potent as he wants everybody to believe he is ;o)

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:09:06 2004  
  libra said:
>me too, that'd be fun.

But people want to see you.

And I'm not talking to you anymore.

*more bombs on canada post haste!*

trogdor57 Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:10:09 2004  
  Christophe said:
>trogdor57 said:
>>Because God embodies all that is good in the world, he wants us to succeed, and he will often give us a little boost. He also hates to see us suffer, so he tries to give us a push away from danger. The problem is that some people ignore that. It's not his fault, it's ours. It all goes back to freedom of choice.
>
>That's all very nice trog.
>
>Now tell me how you know all of that.
>
>People told you, ok.
>
>Who told those people.
>
>The bible, ok.
>
>Who wrote the bible.
>
>Other people, ok.
>
>Who told those people.
>
>"Jesus", ok.
>
>Who told "Jesus".
>
>God?
>
>How did "god" tell "jesus"?
>
>...
>
>
>
>
>Sounds like a pretty weak strategy if you're omnipotent anyway.
>
>Would be a lot better to pass out some fliers.

Ok, looks like we've hit the fast forward button here.

One: Jesus never had a thing to do with the writing of the Bible.

Two: God and Jesus did talk. He was part of God, so he was able to talk to him.

Three: Does anyone even read flyers anymore?

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:12:10 2004  
  So "go" and "jesus" were one.

How do you know?

Would you believe me if I told you I used to be part of a 2-headed ogre?

What makes "jesus" more credible than me?

The guy wore a gawn for fucks sake.

If people act like jebus did in his day they put them in a padded room.

libra Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:15:10 2004  
  Christophe said:
>
>If people act like jesus did in his day they put them in a padded room.

what if all the crazy people really are messengers of some god or another and we're locking them all up instead of being 'englightened.' Sucks for us.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:18:56 2004  
  What if some of those guys are actually the reincarnations of napoleon?

Or what if some of them are actually ducks!

Quickly! To the sanitorium! We must throw them in a pond!

trogdor57 Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:20:03 2004  
  Christophe said:
>So "go" and "jesus" were one.
>
>How do you know?
>
>
>Would you believe me if I told you I used to be part of a 2-headed ogre?
>
>What makes "jesus" more credible than me?
>
>
>The guy wore a gawn for fucks sake.
>
Gawn?
>
>If people act like jebus did in his day they put them in a padded room.

The only way to know is to read the Bible. If you can't trust in that, then you really have no reason to believe it, other than the thousands of accounts of people who have experienced the power of God.

libra Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:21:43 2004  
  trogdor57 said:
>
>The only way to know is to read the Bible. If you can't trust in that, then you really have no reason to believe it, other than the thousands of accounts of people who have experienced the power of God.

when really they just accidentally left the gas on the stove on and didnt realize it...

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:36:06 2004  
  Exactly.

The only way to know is to read the bible which was written years after the guy died.

If he ever existed.

Do this test for me with your church group or whatever:

Take one person and seperate them from the group and tell them az story you wrote down (don't let them read it, you just read it to them)

Make it something like "There was a guy who was riding a dark blue bike and got hit by a light red car. There were very long skidmarks, several metres (or feet, you pick) long. The police hasn't really found out what happened yet but they assume that the car had to turn away because of a stray cat. The bike wasn't damaged too bad but there was a serious dent in the car and the guy who rode the bike had some nasty cuts and broke a few bones. The driver of the car got away with a hit on the head as he slammed the brakes. Bystanders say the guy who rode the bike had had a bit too much to drink and should have been a bit more carefull as well."

Not a very long and detailed story, read it to somebody and have them tell it to another person seperatly, then that person tells it to another one and so on untill it has been told on about 10 times.

Once everybody has heard it let the last person tell the story in front of the group.

Then take what you learned from that and apply it to what you know about the bible.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 12:39:13 2004  
  There are thousands of neurotics as well.

I'm telling you I am the son of god. He has had contact with me and told me to show you how powerful he is that he can even turn me into a believer by appointing me as his messenger.

He said you have to worship me daily and send me half of what you earn for the rest of your life so I can keep spreading the word.

If you don't believe me than tell me why you believe the bible and why not me.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 15 13:10:44 2004  
  Christophe said:

>If you don't believe me than tell me why you believe the bible and why not me.

cuz everybody knows the real god wouldn't touch that suit you're wearing!
: )

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 13:40:31 2004  
  -Zacq speaks on the topic of God.

Does God have free will? If God is omnipotent, he must of course have free will. But then, God should also, as an omnipotent being, be able to see into the future. That would mean he could see into his own future, and therefore wouldn't have free will.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 13:50:08 2004  
  Hmm.

I like that zacq.

Will have to steal it for use in later conversations.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 13:53:17 2004  
  addison said:
>cuz everybody knows the real god wouldn't touch that suit you're wearing!
>: )

Haha actually somebody off the schoolstaff told me today that I looked like I should have been elected this weekend.

Imagine the evil grin on my face.

All the pieces are falling into place.

Muhahahahaha

I'm so evil.

Mark Posted: Tue Jun 15 14:21:20 2004  
  trogdor57 said:
>Christophe said:
>>Same point as praying I guess.
>>
>>At least "he" could read this.
>
>But I wonder, does God have DSL or Dial-up...?
>
>But seriously, telling him not to do bad things won't do any good cuz he doesn't do any bad things.
>
>John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the fullest."
well...he lies. He loves all people, those who believe in him and those who don't ...therefor her destroyed Sodom and Gommorah.

and on a side note: The God from the bible doesn't know everything:
Genesis 3:9 But the LORD God called to the man, “Where are you?”

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 14:27:49 2004  
  Here's an example of inconsistency with the Bible. When is the devil first mentioned?

It seems that good and evil are things that have always existed and that humans have always known about them, but that is not true. In fact, (and this may be not exactly correct, but pretty much) before 600 B.C. Israelites didn't even have the concept of true evil. Sometime around then they were being persecuted by the Babylonians and the Persians freed them and allowed them to be religious again. The Persians influenced the Bible because they did have 'evil,' at least as a literary concept or something like that. Satan began sort of as God's assistant who informed God what we've done wrong while God was sleeping. Eventually he became the actual person who punished humans, and hell developed.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 14:29:37 2004  
  Ok I know religion is a hell of a topic to make friends with (kind of like politics, huh?) but here's my idea in a nutshell

There is a ruling force in the universe, but it doesn't acknowledge being either sex, and it doesn't acknowledge prayer or anything. It's the force of nature. Any other "gods" or whatever you choose to call them, were created by humans.

And to those people who say and claim that they had "miracles" performed?

I tell them there is such a thing as universal karma, where if you want something hard enough, and have enough good karma to deserve it, you get it...

Same for "bad luck". It's just something you bring onto yourself.

And yes, I was brought up a catholic, yes, I was baptized and did my 1st communion and went to catholic school like a good little girl.

That didn't stop me from reading the bible enough times to finally grasp the gist that it was written by HUMANS a long time ago, and that those humans might just have been crazy schizophrenics who "heard voices from beyond" and "saw visions"

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 14:38:02 2004  
  Karma?

Wtf...

So you're saying if something bad happens to somebody it is because they wanted it to happen or deserved it and vice versa?

Again, wtf?

There's so much to bring against that kind of reasing that i don't know where to start.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 14:41:54 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Karma?
>
>Wtf...
>
>So you're saying if something bad happens to somebody it is because they wanted it to happen or deserved it and vice versa?
>
>Again, wtf?
>
>There's so much to bring against that kind of reasing that i don't know where to start.

I called it "karma" because that is how it's widely known. And yes, something bad happens to somebody because they deserved it or wanted it to happen or somebody else wanted it to happen to that person... Of course, that somebody else will eventually get their comeuppance as well...

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 14:49:38 2004  
  I see.

So deformed babies or handicapped babies get born because of their own fault or somebody wanted them to?

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 14:58:44 2004  
  Ok deformed or handicapped babies are born that way because it's "the parents' cross to bear" (quotes from the bible or bible thematic phrases are sometimes useful)

Or, if you believe in reincarnation and the subsequent bettering of the souls because of it, it could be because that soul did something crappy in a previous incarnation or because it is their way of growing in this lifetime, their lesson to learn. Overcome adversity.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 15:03:38 2004  
  The parents' cross to bear?

What does that have to do with the suffering of the child.

So the fault can be passed on through others as well even though you have nothing to do with it?

Ok, so handicapped children have been miserable people in earlier life. Reincarnation huh, how do you explain a growing population with reincarnation.

Why care for them then and just not shoot them if that is what they deserve.

Sorry, but the whole karma thing is full of crap and I can't believe anybody not thinking that after 5 minutes of even shallow thought.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 15:11:29 2004  
  *shrug*

As I said, religion is something you dont win a lot of friends over, especially if one has differing views from other people.

On a personal note I've found that most of what I just said generally turns out to be true... But I respect your opinion... I don't respect the opinion of those who say the bible is the law, however. It has even larger gaps than those you say you have found with -my- beliefs...

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 15:17:15 2004  
  Hmm.

I respect your right to have a different opinion but I don't respect the opinion itself.

Opinions are not to win friends with but when there are so many flaws to point out I do think you should do some serious thinking.

I honnestly cannot comprehend how anybody can come to such conclusions in a way that they see as logical.

Even logic seems to be a very relative thing.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 15:38:40 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Even logic seems to be a very relative thing.

Isn't -everything- relative, in some way or another?

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 15:39:57 2004  
  No.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 15:44:13 2004  
  Now... Cristophe, you're very good at poking holes at other people's beliefs, but I haven't seen you post what -you- believe in... I'm sure some of us would be able to poke some holes into -your- beliefs, as well.

There are gaps to be seen everywhere. Even the strongest foundation has a weak point, it's only a matter of finding it.

Mark Posted: Tue Jun 15 15:47:04 2004  
  erikagm said:
> (quotes from the bible or bible thematic phrases are sometimes useful)
hmm...not good...Using quotes from the bible when they come in handy... One should read the damn book, and only use quotes to show it's flaws (ok...doesn't sound nice, I know)

Mouse Posted: Tue Jun 15 15:53:59 2004  
  addison said:
>cuz everybody knows the real god wouldn't touch that suit you're wearing!
>: )

Don't dis the suit, the suit is snazzy and spiffy. Not that I care or anything...

I don't believe in any deity, for every god ever dreamed up was made of the wills of the men who built their creeds.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 15:56:22 2004  
  Wolffie said:
>erikagm said:
>> (quotes from the bible or bible thematic phrases are sometimes useful)
>hmm...not good...Using quotes from the bible when they come in handy... One should read the damn book, and only use quotes to show it's flaws (ok...doesn't sound nice, I know)

LOL... I'll quote (or misquote inadvertantly, at times) from anything if I find it useful in the context of a conversation...

And I do find numerous flaws in the bible, don't misunderstand that... In fact, I believe that the generally known version of the bible we all know at this time is not even close to what the original version used to be...

My father is a Mason (not in the construction-worker sense, if you know what I mean) and he taught me several things, among which are certain things of common belief amongst certain people and one of them is that the -real- version of the bible is kept only at the vatican and is known as the "black bible". Apparently, a long time ago, when the people did not accept the "fact" that if "the general public" got to know the bible, they would go crazy, the church decided to create a modified version which would keep people under their rule. In olden times, the bible was only reserved for the use of the church, in case you didnt know...

And I've written enough for this post...

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:15:36 2004  
  God is me.

God is all that is evil. He is omnipotent, therefore he knew lucifer would rebel beforehand, and he knew of all the evil things that men and "demons" would do throughtout the ages. And he is all powerful, yes? So then he had the power to stop it I would guess.

But he let all of the evil happen anyways.

God is all that is light and good.

God is all that is dark and evil.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:16:14 2004  
  erikagm said:
>Now... Cristophe, you're very good at poking holes at other people's beliefs, but I haven't seen you post what -you- believe in...

What do you want to know?

>I'm sure some of us would be able to poke some holes into -your- beliefs, as well.

Could be but I doubt it and that's not the case, it doesn't change anything about the validity of yours.

>There are gaps to be seen everywhere. Even the strongest foundation has a weak point, it's only a matter of finding it.

That's no excuse for saying a sinking boat isn't leaking.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:22:28 2004  
  And again you very cleverly wrangled out of stating your beliefs...

You dont need me to ask specific questions in order for you to be able to state your beliefs, so just do.

And Meshy, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but you're not. :P

LOL

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:24:11 2004  
  I have believes and opinions concerning just about any subject you can come up with.

Try me.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:24:54 2004  
  Christophe said:
>>There are gaps to be seen everywhere. Even the strongest foundation has a weak point, it's only a matter of finding it.
>
>That's no excuse for saying a sinking boat isn't leaking.

And I never said it wasn't. I simply stated that ALL boats have leaks, if you look hard enough. (to use your analogy)

My beliefs may have shaky foundations, but they're mine, and I believe fervently in them, just as I believe there is no heaven or hell, everything there is (at least in this lifetime, and maybe quite a few afterwards) is here on earth, so your present lifetime can be your heaven or hell. You make of it what you will.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:26:29 2004  
  Christophe said:
>I have believes and opinions concerning just about any subject you can come up with.
>Try me.

Oh God. I'm not about to try to get your opinions by interrogating you. How boring. It's a lot more fun if you just state them yourself, or is it that you just dont want to do so openly to avoid having holes identified in them?

:P~~~

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:28:05 2004  
  Haha.

Do I hear a challenge?

Well I think you can guess my religious views, so really, just name a subject, you don't even have to pose a question, and I'll try and tell you what I think about it.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:29:38 2004  
  Mouse said:
>Don't dis the suit, the suit is snazzy and spiffy.

See addi, and libra said so as well :op

Mark Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:31:21 2004  
  erikagm said:
>Wolffie said:
>>erikagm said:
>>> (quotes from the bible or bible thematic phrases are sometimes useful)
>>hmm...not good...Using quotes from the bible when they come in handy... One should read the damn book, and only use quotes to show it's flaws (ok...doesn't sound nice, I know)
>
>LOL... I'll quote (or misquote inadvertantly, at times) from anything if I find it useful in the context of a conversation...
>
>And I do find numerous flaws in the bible, don't misunderstand that... In fact, I believe that the generally known version of the bible we all know at this time is not even close to what the original version used to be...
>
>My father is a Mason (not in the construction-worker sense, if you know what I mean) and he taught me several things, among which are certain things of common belief amongst certain people and one of them is that the -real- version of the bible is kept only at the vatican and is known as the "black bible". Apparently, a long time ago, when the people did not accept the "fact" that if "the general public" got to know the bible, they would go crazy, the church decided to create a modified version which would keep people under their rule. In olden times, the bible was only reserved for the use of the church, in case you didnt know...
>
>And I've written enough for this post...
>
holding something away from general public is a standard move for the Vatican. They did it with the dead sea scrolls or with the third secret of Fatima (the latter was publiced in 2000, but wasn't as shocking as the Vatican said it would be...)

lol...and about rewriting the bible. a recent version like one from 1995 is way different in comparison with one like publiced around 1900 even some of the 10 commandments are different...

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:33:22 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Hahaha hey stay away from the suit

only the EU?????

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:33:25 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Mouse said:
>>Don't dis the suit, the suit is snazzy and spiffy.
>
>See addi, and libra said so as well :op

By the way, it -is- a nice suit. And youre quite good looking, if not exactly my "type" LOL.

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:34:35 2004  
  Does anyone want to know the meaning of life? I'll tell you, but only if you can come up with the right question.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:35:10 2004  
  erikagm said:
>Christophe said:
>>Mouse said:
>>>Don't dis the suit, the suit is snazzy and spiffy.
>>
>>See addi, and libra said so as well :op
>
>By the way, it -is- a nice suit. And youre quite good looking, if not exactly my "type" LOL.

Thank you, that must have given addi the deathblow. ;o)

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:36:11 2004  
  so refresh my memory...

how hot is that burrito again?

Mark Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:36:15 2004  
  Zacq said:
>Does anyone want to know the meaning of life?
To let our species survive...as we are still animals

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:36:16 2004  
  antartica said:
>Christophe said:
>>Hahaha hey stay away from the suit
>
>only the EU?????

Gotta start somewhere and I would be satisfied with the EU as well.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:36:57 2004  
  Wolffie said:
>Zacq said:
>>Does anyone want to know the meaning of life?
>To let our species survive...as we are still animals

that's no answer to the meaning of 'life'.

that's an answer to the meaning of an individual life but not life on a grand scale.

There is no meaning.

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:37:15 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Gotta start somewhere and I would be satisfied with the EU as well.

LOL!!!

lemme know when ya gets to asia... i may very well migrate to antarCtica....

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:37:27 2004  
  Wolffie said:
>Zacq said:
>>Does anyone want to know the meaning of life?
>To let our species survive...as we are still animals

Sorry I wasn't really asking, I wanted to see if anybody knew the question.

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:38:31 2004  
  Zacq said:
>Sorry I wasn't really asking, I wanted to see if anybody knew the question.

life is the little bit of light from dropping out of our mother's womb and into the grave.....

Mark Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:38:31 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Wolffie said:
>>Zacq said:
>>>Does anyone want to know the meaning of life?
>>To let our species survive...as we are still animals
>
>
>that's no answer to the meaning of 'life'.
>
>that's an answer to the meaning of an individual life but not life on a grand scale.
>
>
>There is no meaning.
hmm...there is no meaning...no point in living than, is there? Why don't we kill all of us...

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:39:04 2004  
  Christophe said:
>that's an answer to the meaning of an individual life but not life on a grand scale.

Really? You think there is some particular meaning of your life other than to be born, age, and die, but that life overall has no meaning?

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:39:42 2004  
  Why would we?

I enjoy life.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:41:10 2004  
  There is no -real- point in life...

The point of life, is, as it implies, living. To live it the best you can, that is an individual point of life, just as someone can choose to live the most miserable life they can...

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:41:20 2004  
  Man has tried for centuries upon centuries to discover the meaning of life, but the reason they've been unable to is because nobody noticed that the question itself didn't make much sense. The 'meaning of life' is simply its definiton.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:41:53 2004  
  Zacq said:
>Christophe said:
>>that's an answer to the meaning of an individual life but not life on a grand scale.
>
>Really? You think there is some particular meaning of your life other than to be born, age, and die, but that life overall has no meaning?

The meaning of an individual lifeform is to reproduce because that's what evolution has made it to be.

Those we didn't act like that didn't live on, simple as that.

That doesn't mean there is a meaning to it, it's simple logic.

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:42:05 2004  
  erikagm said:
>There is no -real- point in life...
>
>The point of life, is, as it implies, living. To live it the best you can, that is an individual point of life, just as someone can choose to live the most miserable life they can...

How can there be no point if the point is living?

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:43:02 2004  
  And, just so Addi can truly be finished off...

Yes, Christophe, I think you are very handsome, and I am saying that although I only like girls...

Not liking guys does not preclude me from admiring physical beauty... And a compliment to a straight guy, coming from a lesbian, means a LOT.

LOL

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:43:23 2004  
  Christophe said:
>The meaning of an individual lifeform is to reproduce because that's what evolution has made it to be.

Evolution doesn't 'make' anything. It's just a term representing the probability of types of creatures surviving.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:44:10 2004  
  Zacq said:
>erikagm said:
>>There is no -real- point in life...
>>
>>The point of life, is, as it implies, living. To live it the best you can, that is an individual point of life, just as someone can choose to live the most miserable life they can...
>
>How can there be no point if the point is living?

You answered your own question on your previous post.

There is no real point. There is a meaning, but not a point.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:44:48 2004  
  Zacq said:
>Evolution doesn't 'make' anything. It's just a term representing the probability of types of creatures surviving.

Evolution makes everything simply because it weeds out the shapes that don't fit so evolution molds lifeforms.

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:45:08 2004  
  erikagm said:
>You answered your own question on your previous post.

I wasn't asking the question to find it out, I was curious about other people's responses.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:45:38 2004  
  erikagm said:
>Yes, Christophe, I think you are very handsome, and I am saying that although I only like girls...

This is either a very good thing or perhaps I have a very feminin look ;o)

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:46:15 2004  
  Christophe said:

>This is either a very good thing or perhaps I have a very feminin look ;o)

can i go puke now?

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:46:39 2004  
  Zacq said:
>erikagm said:
>>You answered your own question on your previous post.
>
>I wasn't asking the question to find it out, I was curious about other people's responses.

I meant your question that read

"How can there be no point if the point is living?"

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:46:59 2004  
  TROG WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO!!!!!!!

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:47:06 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Evolution makes everything simply because it weeds out the shapes that don't fit so evolution molds lifeforms.

But you're talking about evolution like some invisible force that alters life to fit its will. It's just an example of probability called evolution because species supposedly 'progress,' though because all do it none really progresses toward anything.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:47:41 2004  
  Christophe said:
>erikagm said:
>>Yes, Christophe, I think you are very handsome, and I am saying that although I only like girls...
>
>
>This is either a very good thing or perhaps I have a very feminin look ;o)

Definitely not femenine... On the contrary, but as I said, being a lesbian does not preclude me from admiring male beauty.

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:48:10 2004  
  meshuggah said:
>TROG DID YOU GO HELL!!!!!!!

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:48:44 2004  
  Erika, I was saying that you said there is no point to life but then said the point to life was living. That's inconsistent.

And I never should have mentioned that suit was spiffy.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:49:11 2004  
  Zacq said:
>But you're talking about evolution like some invisible force that alters life to fit its will. It's just an example of probability called evolution because species supposedly 'progress,' though because all do it none really progresses toward anything.

It isn't an invisible force, you can see it all around you and it isn't a force either it is a chainreaction.

They don't progress towards anything that's the whole point, evolution doesn't mean there is an ending it means that the lifeforms that suit the current situation live on, others don't, and that's that.

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:50:21 2004  
  Thanks for rewording it Christophe.

Anyway, if there's no meaning to life what happens when we die?

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:50:37 2004  
  erikagm said:
>Definitely not femenine... On the contrary, but as I said, being a lesbian does not preclude me from admiring male beauty.

That's definately one of the best compliments I have ever had.

You have my gratitude.

And I thought I had an ego before ;o)

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:51:22 2004  
  Zacq said:
>Thanks for rewording it Christophe.
>
>Anyway, if there's no meaning to life what happens when we die?

Nothing.

It's over when you die.

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:52:18 2004  
  Christophe said:

>It's over when you die.

do not pass go
do not collect $200

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:53:18 2004  
  It seems to reason that if anyone really, truly believed that after death they would cease to exist in any way shape or form, thinking about it would drive them insane.

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:53:56 2004  
  Zacq said:
>thinking about it would drive them insane.

and in what way have we all really been sane?

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:54:34 2004  
  It's similar to religion. Anyone who actually believes in going to heaven and God would never sin except for maybe in moments of extreme emotion. Other than that, they would always be happy because pain and suffering would be irrelevant.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:55:09 2004  
  Zacq said:
>It seems to reason that if anyone really, truly believed that after death they would cease to exist in any way shape or form, thinking about it would drive them insane.

Well, at times life itself is enough to drive anyone insane, isn't it?

(and it already has, to a lot of people)

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:55:20 2004  
  lets try this on for size...

sex is evil
evil is sin
sin is forgiven
so
sex is in

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:55:49 2004  
  Zacq said:
>It seems to reason that if anyone really, truly believed that after death they would cease to exist in any way shape or form, thinking about it would drive them insane.

It doesn't drive me insane at all.

Mesh Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:56:33 2004  
  antartica said:
>lets try this on for size...
>
>sex is evil
>evil is sin
>sin is forgiven
>so
>sex is in

tried it on for size, and, yep, it fits. Perfectly,

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:56:56 2004  
  meshuggah said:

>tried it on for size, and, yep, it fits. Perfectly,

i'm with you bro =)

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:57:04 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Zacq said:
>>It seems to reason that if anyone really, truly believed that after death they would cease to exist in any way shape or form, thinking about it would drive them insane.
>
>It doesn't drive me insane at all.

That's because crazy people don't know they're crazy, Cristophe dear. LOL

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:57:53 2004  
  erikagm said:

>That's because crazy people don't know they're crazy, Cristophe dear. LOL

ya suddenly reminded me of k-pax

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:57:55 2004  
  Christophe said:
>It doesn't drive me insane at all.

Does it at least make you a little concerned that everything you ever do is irrelevant because you will cease to exist and it will be like before you were born forever?

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 16:59:21 2004  
  Zacq said:
>Anyone who actually believes in going to heaven and God would never sin except for maybe in moments of extreme emotion. Other than that, they would always be happy because pain and suffering would be irrelevant.

Again something I'll have to steal from you ;o)

I completely agree.

People believe (in whatever it is) because they hope to get something out of it, going to heaven or whatever, but if they'd really be completely convinced they would "sin" anymore.

The fact that they still do is one of the most obvious examples of the inexistance of "god" because even the most die-hard believers aren't raised above the animal level and still act out of egocentrism and "sin".

Which isn't a bad thing by the way.

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:01:18 2004  
  Also, 'sin' is only a term that represents actions that go against what we believe to be the progression of humanity.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:01:39 2004  
  Zacq said:
>Does it at least make you a little concerned that everything you ever do is irrelevant because you will cease to exist and it will be like before you were born forever?

It doesn't, honnestly, why would it?

Why do people need a reason to live.

Is it so hard to accept that there is nobody looking out for you and you have to deal with your own problems yourself?

Kira Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:01:58 2004  
  Zacq said:
>Man has tried for centuries upon centuries to discover the meaning of life, but the reason they've been unable to is because nobody noticed that the question itself didn't make much sense. The 'meaning of life' is simply its definiton.

Are you saying the meaning of life is to search for the meaning of life?

This thread is going too fast, dangit.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:02:25 2004  
  Christophe said:
>People believe (in whatever it is) because they hope to get something out of it, going to heaven or whatever, but if they'd really be completely convinced they would "sin" anymore.
>
>The fact that they still do is one of the most obvious examples of the inexistance of "god" because even the most die-hard believers aren't raised above the animal level and still act out of egocentrism and "sin".
>
>Which isn't a bad thing by the way.

But, if we take into account what the bible says (yeah, I know, I know :P) then God created us to his/her image and so then that would mean that God sins too and that he doubts of God's existence as well, so he doesnt -really- believe in himself??? LOL. One more little oxymoron from the bible for you peeps.

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:02:32 2004  
  Zacq said:
>Also, 'sin' is only a term that represents actions that go against what we believe to be the progression of humanity.

progression?
hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:03:23 2004  
  erikagm said:
>But, if we take into account what the bible says (yeah, I know, I know :P) then God created us to his/her image and so then that would mean that God sins too and that he doubts of God's existence as well, so he doesnt -really- believe in himself??? LOL. One more little oxymoron from the bible for you peeps.

so are we really what we eat???

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:04:08 2004  
  I think I just made myself dizzy over my last post...

*sits down and shakes her head to get the confusion out*

Oh man, this thinking business is -hard- at times, isn it? LOL

(and yes, Cristophe, I was being sarcastic, I was not implying I am a moron who can't think, just in case you wanted to drag that out to death)

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:05:50 2004  
  Christophe said:
>It doesn't, honnestly, why would it?
>
>Why do people need a reason to live.
>
>Is it so hard to accept that there is nobody looking out for you and you have to deal with your own problems yourself?

There is no 'reason' to live. Reason isn't reality in nature. But the fact that someday you will not exist should concern you.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:06:04 2004  
  And to return to the point of the thread, I would make a different petition to "God"...

"Please make Addison wear less makeup in his pic"

Amen

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:06:12 2004  
  erikagm said:
>But, if we take into account what the bible says (yeah, I know, I know :P) then God created us to his/her image and so then that would mean that God sins too and that he doubts of God's existence as well, so he doesnt -really- believe in himself??? LOL. One more little oxymoron from the bible for you peeps.

There is no reason to take the bible into account. If you take the bible into account you have to take the faerietales in the books of the Grimm brothers into account as well. There is no reason why one would be above the other.

I don't see any logical reason for the existance of a god or higher power.

And logic is still my weapon of choice.

Next to sarcasm, ofcourse.

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:07:00 2004  
  antartica said:
>progression?
>hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Yea, I never signed the social contract. I want my anarchy back.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:07:29 2004  
  Christophe said:

>Thank you, that must have given addi the deathblow. ;o)

to the contrary, i think it's a very smart looking suit! Someday when I'm big I want one just like it!

and any compliment given to Christophe is a compliment to me
likewise, any criticism to christophe is a criticism to christophe

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:07:39 2004  
  'I never signed the social contract' should be the anarchist motto.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:08:03 2004  
  Christophe said:
>erikagm said:
>>But, if we take into account what the bible says (yeah, I know, I know :P) then God created us to his/her image and so then that would mean that God sins too and that he doubts of God's existence as well, so he doesnt -really- believe in himself??? LOL. One more little oxymoron from the bible for you peeps.
>
>There is no reason to take the bible into account. If you take the bible into account you have to take the faerietales in the books of the Grimm brothers into account as well. There is no reason why one would be above the other.
>
>I don't see any logical reason for the existance of a god or higher power.
>
>And logic is still my weapon of choice.
>
>Next to sarcasm, ofcourse

Christophe... What you said is exactly the point I was trying to make... Don't just read the beginning of my posts and try to hack me down with them, read the whole thing. It's a lot more fun...

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:08:54 2004  
  erikagm said:
>Oh man, this thinking business is -hard- at times, isn it? LOL

Lol. I thrive on it and you seem to do so as well :o)

>(and yes, Cristophe, I was being sarcastic, I was not implying I am a moron who can't think, just in case you wanted to drag that out to death)

I'm not implying you are a moron either. I just think that you have some double standards going on or think around subjects you have decided not to touch because some stuff when questioned and logically analysed, like karma, collapses on itself.

The only question is: do you have the will/strenght/courage/whatever not to think around some things you doubt but have made yourself believe that you are sure of them.

If you get what I'm saying.

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:09:13 2004  
  If God were omnipotent he wouldn't be able to 'sin.' A sin is something wrong in God's eyes, and if God could do anything, he would never set standards for himself.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:10:08 2004  
  addison said:
>Someday when I'm big I want one just like it!

Haha, low blow addi ;o)

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:10:40 2004  
  Even if God weren't able to see into his own future for some reason, he would be able to see the results of creating humans, so why would he do it? In fact, why would he ever do anything at all?

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:14:43 2004  
  Christophe

I get what you're saying, indeed I do.

But logic isnt everything, as I have found out...

I guess my life has been a bit more diverse and more in contact with so many different cultures/views/events that I have incorporated things that have been proven right by experience but that looked at along with other things may not seem too coherent.

Have you ever seen a cat driven mad by a mere look? Have you ever seen anyone truthfully resuscitated outside of an emergency room? Have you ever seen a person levitate right in front of your eyes and no tricks involved?

I have.

Hence my beliefs.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:15:00 2004  
  erikagm said:

>"Please make Addison wear less makeup in his pic"
>
>Amen

And AMEN to that!
It's killing my eyes!

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:16:41 2004  
  addison said:
>And AMEN to that!
>It's killing my eyes!

you're looking pretty tonight! =P

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:18:05 2004  
  erikagm said:
>Have you ever seen a cat driven mad by a mere look? Have you ever seen anyone truthfully resuscitated outside of an emergency room? Have you ever seen a person levitate right in front of your eyes and no tricks involved?

Levitation? When you were a little kid simple 'magic tricks' (sort of an oxymoron) seemed amazing. But they quickly were revealed as the tricks they are. Now there is a somewhat more advanced trick and you assume because it doesn't seem to make any sense it's magic?

Kira Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:18:43 2004  
  I know I've signed this thing before, but I can't remember where or when... I think Clinton was in office.

I think it's funny that some of the atheist undersigned say it's pointless... can't play along with a little joke. :P

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:19:36 2004  
  And the most annoying religious people are ones who overcome something by a miracle and assume it was because of an act of God. When faced with a much larger number that failed along a similar path, they assume God works in 'mysterious ways.' In reality, they are alive because according to probability, some people will survive miraculously.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:20:11 2004  
  erikagm said:
>Have you ever seen a cat driven mad by a mere look?

It probably was the chili.

>Have you ever seen anyone truthfully resuscitated outside of an emergency room?

It wasn't, and even if I had that would be no reason to "believe" in whatever, people can be pretty hard to kill.

>Have you ever seen a person levitate right in front of your eyes and no tricks involved?
>
>I have.

I doubt you have.

Probably was the chili.

There are people who have seen statues cry blood as well you know, and how many people have been abducted by aliens, and so on.

People sometimes start to "believe" after a near-death experience, which can be completely explained as well.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:21:16 2004  
  I have never been tricked by "magic", not even when I was a child.

And no, I don't simply assume something is "magic" because I can't understand it.

I'm talking about seeing someone you know very well, who eats at your house regularly, levitate in front of your eyes, and being able to touch and look for a plausible answer to what you're looking at and not finding it.

And no, I wasn't drunk and I wasn't stoned or any of your other little cute explanations.

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:24:31 2004  
  Okay, then what do you think was causing the levitation?

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:24:57 2004  
  I know how to make an elephant disappear.

Seriously, I'm not impressed.

I can imagine stuff like that having a serious impact on you, but I do have some questions about it:

How well do you REALLY know the person in question, how old were you when it happened, was it repeated, was it supposed to be voluntarily, was it in a well-lit room, was it part of a ritual of some kind, did you walk entirely around the "levitated" person, was it appointed as something divine, was it mentioned to exist before it happened, stuff like that.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:27:48 2004  
  antartica said:

>you're looking pretty tonight! =P

why, thank you. (dries a tear)I try you know. I just want to be appreciated. Is that asking too much!!

(chanz is gonna rake the both of us over the coals i hope you know!)

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:28:52 2004  
  I have no plausible answer for that, which is where my beliefs that there may be something else out there -and I'm not saying "god" here- generate from.

If I go into a maybe semi-scientifical explanation, I would maybe have to theorize that the person can manipulate gravitational forces with his willpower?

But then that would seem too farfetched for -your- beliefs.

Or I could use chinese philosophy and say that this person has reincarnated enough times to be at a higher plane of existence than us, and is only here to show us that we can do it too, so we'll strive to better ourselves.

But you wouldnt go for that one, either.

We just have to realize that there are simply things out there that are REAL and -can't- be explained. And we have to live with that.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:31:55 2004  
  Tell me then why such things have never been documented.

In this day and age everything gets filmed, photographed, examined and documented, how come stuff like that always manages to evade common scrutiny and detection.

And like Zacq said, it's not because you don't understand something that it's magic, a higher power, or whatever.

People used to think volcanoes erupted when the earth was pissed off or that lightning bolds were to punish people.

Did it happen on familiar grounds for you?

If you say the person could have done it by willpower why not show the world then and get the whole thing over with.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:32:12 2004  
  there's been some unexplained levitation in my shorts a few times

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:32:22 2004  
  Christophe said:
>I know how to make an elephant disappear.

Yeah I saw Copperfield do it too. It's not what I'm talking about
>
>Seriously, I'm not impressed.
>
I imagined you wouldnt be.
>
>I can imagine stuff like that having a serious impact on you, but I do have some questions about it:
>
>How well do you REALLY know the person in question,
**Known him since I was 6

how old were you when it happened,

**I was 17

was it repeated,

**On several occasions, with the same result. Levitation.

was it supposed to be voluntarily,

**Yes

was it in a well-lit room,

**In my home's living room, and yes, definitely very well-lit.

was it part of a ritual of some kind,
**No

did you walk entirely around the "levitated" person,
** Yes, and I swooped my hands all around him to, and i even touched him and tried to push him down. I couldnt.

was it appointed as something divine,
** Most certainly not.

was it mentioned to exist before it happened,
**huh?

stuff like that.

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:33:57 2004  
  addison said:
>chanz is gonna rake the both of us, i hope you know!

ooooh.... is that a promise
hahaha

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:34:46 2004  
  addison said:
>there's been some unexplained levitation in my shorts a few times

You're aproaching the age where you wish there would be some levitation going on.

Take the blue pill and you'll see how deep the rabithole goes.

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:35:27 2004  
  Christophe said:
>People used to think volcanoes erupted when the earth was pissed off or that lightning bolds were to punish people.

And then they would throw virgins in the volcano to please the gods.

Seems like quite the waste.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:35:41 2004  
  Did it always happen on the same spot

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:36:11 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Take the blue pill and you'll see how deep the rabithole goes.

Red pill was to the Matrix.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:36:19 2004  
  Zacq said:
>Christophe said:
>>People used to think volcanoes erupted when the earth was pissed off or that lightning bolds were to punish people.
>
>And then they would throw virgins in the volcano to please the gods.
>
>Seems like quite the waste.

They probably selected the nasty looking virgins.

Or perhaps they blamed it on the chili.

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:37:01 2004  
  addison said:
>there's been some unexplained levitation in my shorts a few times

didn't ask, didn't have to know....

but now you mentioned it... were there any BAAaaad folks around then? : P

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:37:09 2004  
  Zacq said:
>Christophe said:
>>Take the blue pill and you'll see how deep the rabithole goes.
>
>Red pill was to the Matrix.

Yeah, I was talking about the matrix geek boy.

Here, have a lightsaber.

;o)

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:37:24 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Tell me then why such things have never been documented.
>
>In this day and age everything gets filmed, photographed, examined and documented, how come stuff like that always manages to evade common scrutiny and detection.

***The reason none of this was done was because the person did not want to become, as you said, "part of common scrutiny" to avoid being considered a circus freak.

Maybe that's the main reason most people than -can- do these things, avoid publicizing them... Pretty logical, huh?

>
>If you say the person could have done it by willpower why not show the world then and get the whole thing over with.

And I think I already answered this. Just imagine, (and this is a strictly for-example-scenario) if you could conjure flames through simple thought, would you really want the general public to know, so some government agency could lock you up and study you til you died?

(and yes, I -did- get this last idea from the movie "firestarter" LOL)

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:37:53 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Or perhaps they blamed it on the chili.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's not the chili it's the chapstick.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:39:54 2004  
  erikagm said:
>Maybe that's the main reason most people than -can- do these things, avoid publicizing them... Pretty logical, huh?

No, they're circus freaks because it isn't well documented.

If he didn't want anybody to know he'd just stay with his 2 feet on the ground, if he did show it to anybody he could just as well do it in a lab.

>And I think I already answered this. Just imagine, (and this is a strictly for-example-scenario) if you could conjure flames through simple thought, would you really want the general public to know, so some government agency could lock you up and study you til you died?
>

I'd make a crapload of money with it.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:40:31 2004  
  Christophe said:
>Did it always happen on the same spot

It was usually in the living room, once it happened in the dining room, but i had him levitate in a hallway once, on a whim, just to make sure he could do it without him being pre-prepared. He would just sit on the floor, close his eyes, and it happened. Wherever you wanted him to do it. And whenever you asked him.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:41:52 2004  
  antartica said:

>but now you mentioned it... were there any BAAaaad folks around then? : P

Damn you! No, no Baaaahing around, but I do seem to remember a connection between "it" levitating and looking at certain plinker avatars : )

The thread has reached it's limit of 150 postings.
If you still have something to say, it is either a very interesting topic, or (more likely) you're trying to flood the GT server.
In any case, please start a new thread.

[ Start new thread ]