Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

what is really beleivable....
antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:39:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  or Petition to God ptII

http://www.gillismagic.com/lifting.html

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:43:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm pretty sure I could ligt her with a crane and a hook around her neck.

It's easy to lift her when she does a little jump, even if it is unnoticed.

It is however very hard to lift somebody that way when they don't play along.

And it's a show, which should say all there is to say about it.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:44:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LOL... See? Some people can simply do stuff by willpower...

Although I still think those that don't publicize themselves are a lot more believable...

And to answer your reply, Cristophe, he only used to do it for old family friends or his own family. He didnt want to make money out of it. He just wanted to show people he cared for that we can do anything we set out to do and that we have no limitations whatsoever when it comes to ourselves.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:46:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And no, he wasnt a motivationalist, although I now realize I kind of made him sound that way. LOL

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:46:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:
>LOL... See? Some people can simply do stuff by willpower...

and i do beleive this stuff... hence the reason i've yet to rebutt ya on the levitation thing...

a man can make himself light enough to walk over eggs......

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:47:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>a man can make himself light enough to walk over eggs......

That's because egg shells are geodesic domes and can take a lot of pressure if applied correctly.

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:48:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:
>antartica said:
>>a man can make himself light enough to walk over eggs......
>
>That's because egg shells are geodesic domes and can take a lot of pressure if applied correctly.

yes and i have seen with my own eyes, the person walking behind him got yolk between his toes......

but i agree on the domes, you CANNOT crack an egg with 2 fingers if you tried squeezing it on both ends

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:50:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:
>That's because egg shells are geodesic domes and can take a lot of pressure if applied correctly.

Interesting.

Must check that out.

antartica Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:52:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Interesting.
>
>
>Must check that out.

it's true....

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:53:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>Zacq said:
>>antartica said:
>>>a man can make himself light enough to walk over eggs......
>>
>>That's because egg shells are geodesic domes and can take a lot of pressure if applied correctly.
>
>yes and i have seen with my own eyes, the person walking behind him got yolk between his toes......
>
>but i agree on the domes, you CANNOT crack an egg with 2 fingers if you tried squeezing it on both ends

depends on if you make your fingers flat or pointed. I have craked eggs by doing that if I apply enough pressure to a room-temperature egg with my middle finger and my thumb.

FN Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:54:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Will check it tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm out of here.

It was fun.

See you all and think of me once in about 9 hours while I'm doing my physics exam (need 5% to pass, had 95% in first semester so it's not really that big of a deal, but still ;o)

Bye

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 15 17:54:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When I was a wee one, a friend of mine for science put a large stack of encyclopedias on several egg shells. It was nifty.

erikagm Posted: Tue Jun 15 18:09:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Will check it tomorrow.
>
>In the meantime, I'm out of here.
>
>It was fun.
>
>
>See you all and think of me once in about 9 hours while I'm doing my physics exam (need 5% to pass, had 95% in first semester so it's not really that big of a deal, but still ;o)
>
>Bye

Good luck (even if you don't believe in it) Christophe!

I hope you do a lot better than 5% though... Your intellect demands it.

Mouse Posted: Tue Jun 15 19:11:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>See you all and think of me once in about 9 hours while I'm doing my physics exam (need 5% to pass, had 95% in first semester so it's not really that big of a deal, but still ;o)
>
>Bye

I'll be asleep in nine hours, or so I hope, so I'll wish you luck now. Though I'm sure you won't need it. Sleep well.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]