Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Is this slow...?
erikagm Posted: Mon Jun 21 18:15:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I mean, things around here were animated a few days back, and I thought that with the return of hif and all, things would be at an ever more hectic pace, almost impossible to follow...

But alas, that was not to be, and this forum is moving slower than a snail in slow motion...

Mesh Posted: Mon Jun 21 18:37:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah that happens from time to time.

Its like a cycle. This places explodes with activity for a while, and then, just like that, things die down...

I dont know if people get all posted out or what.

Kira Posted: Mon Jun 21 18:37:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Pace varies. Some days we'll get a couple hundred posts with ten or twelve different people in the discussion, other days... you're lucky to get twenty new posts.

Newcomers like you tend to liven things up too. When Trogdor came around we were all in a tizzy, gangin' up on him. ;)

erikagm Posted: Mon Jun 21 18:47:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So does that mean I'll slowly adapt and become a slow poster like yourselves?

*envisions a future as a slow poster*

NOOooOOOOOooooOOoooooOOooooOOOOoooOoOOooOOOOOOoOoOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marsteller Posted: Mon Jun 21 18:51:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the slow posters are the ones who actually have real things going on in their lives.

FN Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:15:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>the slow posters are the ones who actually have real things going on in their lives.

Lol. Why all the bitterness my friend.

Getting tired of the minimum wage manual labour?

marsteller Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:17:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i make better than minimum wage. but getting tired of a lot of stuff.

FN Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:18:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>i make better than minimum wage. but getting tired of a lot of stuff.

Beer, drugs and/or suicide is the solution.

marsteller Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:18:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and the comment about the lives thing is something i've noticed for a long while. from this end, anyway, forum activity goes way up when there's nothing going on in the real world.

erikagm Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:18:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>the slow posters are the ones who actually have real things going on in their lives.

Tsk tsk

Either that, or you have more kids than you can handle... LOL

I post a lot because I have waaaaay too much time on my hands. I'm at work and people here undermine my capacity.

Do I care?

Nope.

Same wages but double the playtime than my fellow co-workers. LOL

marsteller Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:19:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, drinkin plenty of beer, been laying off the drugs for a while, but the suicide thing's not for me. im too sexy to die this young.

marsteller Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:19:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:
>I post a lot because I have waaaaay too much time on my hands.

yep, there you go.

marsteller Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:20:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  not that having too much time is neccesarily a bad thing.

FN Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:20:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah well I agree that I tend to spend more time on here when I have nothing better to do since when I have nothing planned I talk to my friends on msn so I combine that with this site.

erikagm Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:21:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Actually it's kind of nice, being underrated...

I can get away with murder and play dumb about it... LOL

I've found through experience than letting your superiors know you are smarter than they are is *not* the way to ingratiate yourself with them, and will probably cost you your job... So, my motto? Do just a tad work less than your boss.

Unless your boss' boss is in for a visit at your office, then, do double...

LOL

marsteller Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:23:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:
>I've found through experience than letting your superiors know you are smarter than they are is *not* the way to ingratiate yourself with them

fuck ingratiation....better to let people know where they really stand. if my boss is a dumbass, i'd rather have him know it. bad enough i've got to work for the fucker, might as well bring him down just a small notch.

marsteller Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:24:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ok.....heading to the gym, might be back late tonight for more....probably not, as i've gotta slave away all day again tomorrow. nigger in white man's skin

erikagm Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:26:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>erikagm said:
>>I've found through experience than letting your superiors know you are smarter than they are is *not* the way to ingratiate yourself with them
>
>fuck ingratiation....better to let people know where they really stand. if my boss is a dumbass, i'd rather have him know it. bad enough i've got to work for the fucker, might as well bring him down just a small notch.

Oh I -tell- him to his -face- he's a dumbass, I just don't show it to others, (except his other subordinates)... That's what gets you into trouble...

And I dont like the "n....r in white man's skin" phrase... Why not use "slave" instead of a race-related slur?

Zacq Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:46:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I basically post more when I'm on the computer more. During the summer I spend more time 'getting into mischief with me' friendies then going online.

Mouse Posted: Mon Jun 21 19:55:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Things do tend to go fairly slowly, unless there's a debate going on, of course. ;) The only reason I don't post nonstop is that I can't be online nonstop.
I agree that the pace changes, largly depending on what time it is in what time zone.

marsteller Posted: Mon Jun 21 21:30:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sorry if i offended....i don't really use the word as something hateful, more as a descriptive noun.

choke Posted: Tue Jun 22 04:26:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i think many people post only when there's something worth talking about.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]