Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Be careful!
Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 22 12:56:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Finally (about damn time), the Supreme Court overruled the Texas Patient's Bill of Rights, so that people can't sue HMOs for not covering treatment a doctor prescribes as medically necessary. Funny thing about that.

Back in 1997, George Bush was governor of Texas (unless my dates aren't straight [catch the joke?]). When the Texas legislature tried to pass the patient's bill of rights, Bush tried rather hard to stop the bill. But as even Republicans were against him, it passed without his signature.

Here's a quote from Bush during his campaign in 2000:

If I'm the president, we're going to have emergency room care, we're going have gag orders, we're going to have direct access to OB/GYN. People will be able to take their HMO insurance company to court. That's what I've done in Texas and that's the kind of leadership style I'll bring to Washington... I do support a national patient's bill of rights. As a matter of fact, I brought Republicans and Democrats together to do just that in the State of Texas to get a patient's bill of rights through.

Hmm... And later, the Bush administration opposed the law in front of the Supreme Court. Bush sided with Aetna Health Inc. and Cigna HealthCare, who, by the way, gave him about 1,700,000 dollars during his campaign for president.

And seven HMO executives were among people that gave Bush over 100,000 dollars each during his campaign.

addi Posted: Tue Jun 22 13:12:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That's the final straw! I've changed my mind! I'm not going to vote for Bush!

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 22 13:17:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thank you Mr. Addison. I knew that if I could change just one person's mind about things, I would have succeeded.

Zacq Posted: Tue Jun 22 14:34:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Rather than starting another political thread I'll post this here.

http://www.thepoorman.net/archives/002789.html

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]