Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Fable
jandercoop Posted: Thu Jun 24 22:02:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For those of you you haven't heard of this game, about .002% of the gaming population, It's a game that with every action comes a consequence

marsteller Posted: Thu Jun 24 22:03:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  very descriptive.

jandercoop Posted: Thu Jun 24 22:06:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  have you heard of it, it was once called project ego, and was slated to be an xbox launch game. 3 years later...

Mouse Posted: Thu Jun 24 22:32:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've never heard of it...
What genre is it? More info, please.

jandercoop Posted: Thu Jun 24 22:44:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Okay, its the first game that allows COMPLETE customization of the main character.
Like Knights of the Old Republic, you can choose to be good, evil or shades in between.
You may master the art of the blade and be bulkier and stronger,
you may learn to use the bow and be faster and leaner,
you may master the art of the arcane and lay down your foes with your powerful spells.
It's and RPG that every RPG gamer has been waiting for.

jandercoop Posted: Thu Jun 24 22:46:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh, its coming out in September, too.

Asswipe Posted: Thu Jun 24 23:11:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jandercoop said:
>Okay, its the first game that allows COMPLETE customization of the main character.
>Like Knights of the Old Republic, you can choose to be good, evil or shades in between.
>You may master the art of the blade and be bulkier and stronger,
>you may learn to use the bow and be faster and leaner,
>you may master the art of the arcane and lay down your foes with your powerful spells.
>It's and RPG that every RPG gamer has been waiting for.
>

i'll take world of warcraft, thanks though

Mouse Posted: Thu Jun 24 23:15:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jandercoop said:
>Oh, its coming out in September, too.
How did you hear about this game? And may I ask where you found out so much about it before it has come out? Is it coming out on PS2 as well?

Asswipe Posted: Thu Jun 24 23:25:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ooh, girl gamers rock=D

Mesh Posted: Thu Jun 24 23:25:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I almost never play games. But if I get a chance to play it, I will give it a try. If its really good, then it might be one of the very few games that I buy.

Only games I have right now are Max Payne and Half-Life. Both of which I really enjoyed.

Zacq Posted: Thu Jun 24 23:29:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The point of Fable is that all your actions in some way affect your own body and how other characters act around you in the future. If you mug little old ladies, then people will be afraid of you. If you sally forth to save the day you're respected.

I'm gonna go sally forth now.

Hooya!

jandercoop Posted: Thu Jun 24 23:36:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>jandercoop said:
>>Oh, its coming out in September, too.
>How did you hear about this game? And may I ask where you found out so much about it before it has come out? Is it coming out on PS2 as well?

There are many sources and its been in the news or 3 years. And no, unfortunately it will not come out for PS2. Or at least for a while.

Mesh Posted: Thu Jun 24 23:37:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jandercoop said:

And no, unfortunately it will not come out for PS2. Or at least for a while.

Well consarnit all to flimmflammin hell!

FLIMM FLAMMIT!!!!!

Mouse Posted: Thu Jun 24 23:42:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>ooh, girl gamers rock=D

Damn right we do. ;) Sailovzi is a gamer girl too, I go to her house to play cause I don't have a platform of my own. I like watching others play even more than playing. There's something communal in yelling at things to die beside your friend whose actually killing them. Man, now I miss my sister. :'(
I command you all, go forth and play Xenosaga!

Mouse Posted: Thu Jun 24 23:44:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>jandercoop said:
>
> And no, unfortunately it will not come out for PS2. Or at least for a while.
>
>
>Well consarnit all to flimmflammin hell!
>
>
>FLIMM FLAMMIT!!!!!

What he said!

Kira Posted: Fri Jun 25 00:03:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am leery of this term 'gamer girl.'

*Leers.*

But aye, games are a delightful way of wasting time.

Will check out Fable if a bag of money falls on my head around the same time it comes out.

Mesh Posted: Fri Jun 25 00:04:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Funny, the way bags of money do that.

Mouse Posted: Fri Jun 25 00:11:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wish bag of money would fall on my head, then I'd buy a PS2 of my very own.
*buries her face in a playstation magazine*

Mesh Posted: Fri Jun 25 00:14:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So mouse, decided on a new haircolour yet?

I have thought about buying an xbox, but I dont think it would be money well spent since I rarely play games. But then again, there are some games only out on Xbox that I would actually like to play.

Perhaps, I just go beat someone up and take theirs?

What does a used Xbox run for?

FN Posted: Fri Jun 25 05:45:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Only play PC games, mostly RTS and Shoot 'em ups.

Mouse Posted: Fri Jun 25 11:30:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>So mouse, decided on a new haircolour yet?
No, not yet. I'm considering letting my hair grow out in it's natural color. *gasp*
>
>What does a used Xbox run for?

I did a quick search and it looks like a used Xbox runs about $130, don't hold me to that though.
I don't understand the whole Xbox vs. PlayStation war, everytime I turn around some dope is yelling about the evils of Xbox. Who cares, anyway?
I've never played an Xbox so I don't know if I like them, I figure if I play it and like it it's just another thing I can't afford that I'll start wanting. It annoys me that some games only come out on one system, it doesn't make sense to market things like that.
Sailovzi, I knew you would be leery of the term, but I consider it a respectful one. That's why I would apply it to you, but not myself. Because gamer girls are awesome, I'm just a girl gamer, different thing.

jandercoop Posted: Fri Jun 25 12:08:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have played all of them so far, and they all have there benefits and disadvantages. XBOX runs games at higher frame rates and you don't need a memory card unless your going to bring the memory to someone elses house.
PS2 plays DVDs without something else you need to buy
Gamecube's loading is much faster than to two of them.

jandercoop Posted: Fri Jun 25 12:12:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  so basically none of them are better than the other. However gamecube doesn't have the ability to play DVDs while XBOX and PS2 do, and it doesn't support DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1, except thats the only system Mario, Link and the rest are on.

Mark Posted: Fri Jun 25 14:09:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  imho PC ownes all

jandercoop Posted: Fri Jun 25 14:14:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  pcs are very good and are better than the other three, but the good ones are very expensive.

jandercoop Posted: Fri Jun 25 14:17:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:
>The point of Fable is that all your actions in some way affect your own body and how other characters act around you in the future. If you mug little old ladies, then people will be afraid of you. If you sally forth to save the day you're respected.
>
>I'm gonna go sally forth now.
>
>Hooya!

Another thing i found out, when you opt to do a quest, you can gain more experience by "bragging" about how you'll accomplish the quest. You can opt to defeat the boss without pants on if you wish.

ANother thing is that you can wear a staggering variety of clothing, including dresses.

jandercoop Posted: Fri Jun 25 14:22:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  

>Another thing i found out, when you opt to do a quest, you can gain more experience by "bragging" about how you'll accomplish the quest. You can opt to defeat the boss without pants on if you wish.

Its called the boasting factor or something.

Zacq Posted: Fri Jun 25 16:26:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  SNES is, and will always be the greatest console of all time.

And I'm saying this in a pantless fashion.

Mouse Posted: Fri Jun 25 16:37:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:
>SNES is, and will always be the greatest console of all time.
>
>And I'm saying this in a pantless fashion.

LOL!
Educate a novice, Zacq, what's SNES?

Zacq Posted: Fri Jun 25 16:46:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>LOL!
>Educate a novice, Zacq, what's SNES?

I'll have to take off my shirt for this one.

SNES is the Super Nintendo Entertainment System - the system that came after NES (try to figure that one out.) It was primarily 2D, except for a couple valiant attempts by games like Yoshi's Island which tested your depth perception on the final boss. Thanks to SNES, many people (at least in the United States) refer to all videogames as nintendo, or nintendo games, like how Kleenex became the name associated with tissues.

There's my shpeil. SNES has so many great games, and I've had one for almost ten years (I'm guessing here) and it's given me almost no problems.

zander83 Posted: Fri Jun 25 17:15:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i think everyone refers to games as nintendo games because of the nes...

the nes was the system in its heyday... still play it today... its games are still better then most "modern" games... and the nes is what older people identify most when discussing videogames mostly because it was so immensely popular...

Puck Posted: Fri Jun 25 23:01:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jandercoop said:
>It's and RPG that every RPG gamer has been waiting for.
KOTOR was the RPG I had been waiting for. I heard there would be another one.

I tried Mafia and Hitman on PS2, but they crashed often, so I quit.
Morrowind:ES3 was almost the best RPG ever (to me) until it crashed every time I got into it, and the inventory looks crappy, but I like how you could try to kill anyone, steal anything, and pretty much do anything.

I don't like the term "gamer" either. It makes me think of Vamp., Dungeons and Dragons, M:tg, and Warhammer.
"Video Games" has always been what I called them. I bought a SNES four years ago from my neighbor, because he needed cash for pot.

Why does nobody evermention the Sega Mastersystem('87)...the jaguar,or the neo geo! It seems that it did the same thing as the dreamcast...well the mastersystem didn't totally screw Sega. I've never seen a platform with games built in: no cartridges/cds/cards/net, other than the mastersystem
http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&SQL=PS

Some of my fav. games are the old crappy ones for the PC: Castle of the Winds; Spear of Destiny and Wolfenstein; Goblins 1 and 2.

I once filled my x-box's hard-drive completely with music, just to see how much would fit. Don't ask, 'cuz I don't remember.

jandercoop Posted: Sat Jun 26 10:10:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have KOTOR too. its great, but i don't like how no matter what you do, your still going to go to all the same planets. And yes, there will be a second KOTOR. You start out as Jedi. and finally they made the jedi robes flow. Theres not much different from the first game.

I'd like to play Morrowind, however i can't get a copy and the combat system sucks. Think of Morrowind a little less open ended a little more successful at combat and third person perspective, and you'll get Fable.

jandercoop Posted: Sat Jun 26 13:15:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  check these out

www.benisaac.com
www.krankzinnigstudio.com

If the last one doesn't work, search for Super Mario Reloaded on Newgrounds

FN Posted: Sat Jun 26 16:17:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.abandonia.com

Loads of old dosgames, am playing Settler 2 Gold Edition again at the moment.

jandercoop Posted: Sat Jun 26 23:20:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:

>I command you all, go forth and play Xenosaga!

Ahh, yes ive played that, way too cinematic, good fighting, though.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]