Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

What's up?
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Jun 30 20:26:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello all. There are a few I'd like 2 get off my chest. 1st. Have any of U run into complete moronic adults who know zip? If U have feel some sympathy. Yesterday at work there was a guy volunteering. I had to update him on everything. I'm unsure which rock he is living under. Then, maybe it was the fact that he hated to read (he stated do himself), or maybe it was the fact that he didn't really mind or care that he was stupid. Huff. `kay. I'm all better now.

addi Posted: Wed Jun 30 20:46:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I HATE adults!

Zacq Posted: Wed Jun 30 20:51:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, I know this guy named G. Dubya B. that really has no idea what's going on and is in charge of all these really important decisions and stuff. And he doesn't read either.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Jun 30 20:57:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah I know about Dubya. The guy I was talking 2 would probably give Dubya a run 4 his money though.

Kira Posted: Wed Jun 30 22:07:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well, morons come in all shapes and sizes. I just take comfort from the thought that, if I'm already so far ahead of someone who is twenty years other than I, how awesome will I be in twenty years? DuDe!

Zacq Posted: Wed Jun 30 22:23:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The best, of course, is adults who act like all people who happen to have traveled around the sun fewer times then them should blindly submit to their authority, but then complain about the government in a blatently hypocritical fashion.

Mouse Posted: Wed Jun 30 23:55:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have a great fear of morons. If anything destroys this world before it's time it will be them. I can't understand not taking an active interest in the world around you.
Of course, I also fear that my mind is too much of a sponge and what I hear becomes part of me before I have a chance to filter it for falsehoods.

Asswipe Posted: Thu Jul 1 00:55:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>I have a great fear of morons. If anything destroys this world before it's time it will be them. I can't understand not taking an active interest in the world around you.

on the copy machine at work there's a quote from... someone saying something along the lines of, "nothing will let evil triumph over good faster than smart men doing nothing." or something along those lines... fits into not taking action and blah blah, yeah.

>Of course, I also fear that my mind is too much of a sponge and what I hear becomes part of me before I have a chance to filter it for falsehoods.

i think i know what you're talking about. sometimes words come out of my mouth and then an instant later i say to myself, "wait a minute, i don't believe that"

DanSRose Posted: Thu Jul 1 01:39:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I personally am miffed with people who can't, for some reason, use proper English while typing. A typo is fine, but real language and words makes things, well, understandable and makes them look that much smarter.

choke Posted: Thu Jul 1 06:08:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>I personally am miffed with people who can't, for some reason, use proper English while typing. A typo is fine, but real language and words makes things, well, understandable and makes them look that much smarter.

ohhhh my bad :P

choke Posted: Thu Jul 1 06:17:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  in reply to Cherry (welcome by the way) i think i would have been more likely to sympathise with the adult who couldnt do anything, because noone likes to be in a situation where they are totally hopeless. It would have also been worse for him being taught by a younger person because thats against the natural order of things isnt it? I would have felt bad just teaching him, because with every word his pride is failing and he is being degraded. I kinda feel bad for the guy and i dont even know him..

I could be proven wrong. He could be an asshole.. im intrigued! I must know more!

addi Posted: Thu Jul 1 07:23:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I guess I would broaden the scope of things and say that I have problems dealing with moronic people in general, not just adults.
The funny thing is I'm sure that some of the moronic people I'm referring to think they're wise and I'm the idiot.

....and maybe they're right

antartica Posted: Thu Jul 1 08:03:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well i don't think it could be put in a better way than Al has:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

addi Posted: Thu Jul 1 08:29:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  what an excellant quote

Makes me wish I could have had a long conversation with the man about life and the universe over coffee

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]