Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Drive By Fruiting!
addi Posted: Thu Jul 1 08:26:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I always loved that scene in Mrs. Doubtfire when Robin Williams throws a lemon at Pierce, hits him in the head, and then acts all concerned and mutters something about a "drive by fruiting!"

Anyway I've noticed a trend here of what I call "drive by posting" by several past regulars (no names...you know who you are)
Explanation:
It's stopping by the forum, quickly posting responses to several threads, and then dissapearing as fast as you showed up... for days, weeks, or months, only to repeat the process over again down the road. It's like your here, but you aren't, if that makes sense.

What can I do about it?
zippo!

Just wanted to officially register my beef, and say that it's great with all the newbies adding their fresh voices, but I don't like the long passages of time that go by without hearing from so many of my origonal buds here on GT. : )

antartica Posted: Thu Jul 1 08:37:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ok we get your cow?

so whats your crib?
LOL... juz kidding...

yeah. it is true eh. lotsa of the old plonks and plinks have seem to have become phantom plankers!

hey kids... time to come home!!!

DaveHill Posted: Thu Jul 1 08:42:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *bows head in shame*

ah well, i'm just lazy. And most of the time i decide NOT to add a sarcastic comment to otherwise quite normal conversations.
That's my excuse. (excuse?)

DaveHill Posted: Thu Jul 1 08:44:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And then there was that happy incident where i deleted all my cookies (not chococlate chip, those little files on my harddisk silly :P) and couldn't remember my password. Woke up this morning and remembered it...(as in : opened the confirmation mail :D)

misszero Posted: Thu Jul 1 08:51:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *gets all guilty and hot under the collar*

you're not scolding ME are you, mr addi?

antartica Posted: Thu Jul 1 08:55:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>*gets all hot under the collar*

oh boy.......

addi Posted: Thu Jul 1 09:11:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DaveHill said:
> And most of the time i decide NOT to add a sarcastic comment to otherwise quite normal conversations.

lol
this place thrives on sarcasm, and the normal conversations here never last long before they turn very Abby Normal.

anyway I was just bitching and moaning. everyone has things come into their lives that head them off in new directions. You shouldn't make this place too high of a priority. The ebb and flow of life I guess.

Mostly I was just trying to say I'm seeing some of the "core" group when I first came aboard slowly fade away, and I don't like it.

peace

misszero Posted: Thu Jul 1 09:13:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh mr addison, i have a number of bones to pick with you...

but i'm just driving by

(and hey, that's MY faviourite scene in mrs doubtfire, btw)

addi Posted: Thu Jul 1 09:23:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:

>you're not scolding ME are you, mr addi?

How could I ever scold Jizzy red?!

libra Posted: Thu Jul 1 10:15:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey addi, am i doing that? cause it feels like i'm here, cause i'm reading everything, but i can't tell whether i'm posting as much as i used to...most of its just that i don't have as much time to actually sit down and formulate ideas and words to respond to things...I know what you mean though addi, i don't like seeing GT change either...

jennemmer Posted: Thu Jul 1 10:45:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'll admit that I'm guilty. I think that as the average age group of the people here moves from late teens into early twenties it is only natural life is going to steal us away from here every now and again. I know personnaly I have been a seasonal regular here for two years and over that time have lived in three different places.

The thing I like about this forum though is that when I get the chance to drop by there are familliar names in the crowd and there are still great discussions going on. I really look forward to seeing where people are in another 2 or 3 years.

addi Posted: Thu Jul 1 10:45:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>hey addi, am i doing that?

Why, yes you are, a little.

but you have an excused absence due to the new love interest in your life.
In the GT forum bylaws, section IV, article 8, paragragh 16, it states...

"Any plinker involved in a new relationship may lower her posting quota without reprimand due to the importance of meeting said plonkers physical needs for a period of up to one year, or untill they've done the wild thing, whichever comes first."

Jason will verify this..it's all twoo!

libra Posted: Thu Jul 1 10:49:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i hope i never leave gt. i want to be here when i'm forty, talking about my kids with all the other gt parents...

novemberrain Posted: Thu Jul 1 11:02:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Guilty. Lock me up officer. No, no, I have a pair of handcuffs, thanks.

I hate it that I can't be here as much as I used to. So yeah, when I do get a chance to visit...I tend to do a driveby posting because I'm not sure when I will be able to get back. There are rare occassions where I can stay for a while (see threads with Mouse and Erika *evil grin*)

(BTW- Erika is on vacation. She will be back. Yes, that was a threat.)

I'll try not to be so much of a phantom anymore. Cause I really miss it here.

novrain
who probably going to get a dishonorable discharge from addi's army

"It wasn't me! It was the one armed man!"

addi Posted: Thu Jul 1 11:08:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:

>who probably going to get a dishonorable discharge from addi's army

it hasn't come to that yet ; )

but I'm keeping an eye on you, and Ludwig is keeping a handcuff on you for some reason

cajnpalt Posted: Thu Jul 1 11:09:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like to think of myself as that old lady sitting at the back of the bar, in the corner booth. You know her...she's just there hanging and chilling drinking her beer and watching all the new folks come and go. How long has it been since this forum started? I agree with Libra, I hope this place is up and running for quite a long time.

Drive by fruiting...i love that!

webmaster Posted: Thu Jul 1 11:10:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Jason will verify this..it's all twoo!

Indeed, indeed. Now I have to go and pull the dusty old GT Bible from the shelf. I can't remember much of what is said in there. I do recall 'no swearing' and 'no sex', but doesn't seem like anyone's abiding by *those*. You're all going to hell.

addi Posted: Thu Jul 1 11:17:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  webmaster said:

> You're all going to hell.

LOL!

Thus spoke god
we're doomed!

libra Posted: Thu Jul 1 11:19:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>webmaster said:
>
>> You're all going to hell.
>
>LOL!
>
>Thus spoke god
>we're doomed!

i've always thought hell would be more fun...the cool people are there

novemberrain Posted: Thu Jul 1 11:27:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  webmaster said:
>addison said:
>>Jason will verify this..it's all twoo!
>
>Indeed, indeed. Now I have to go and pull the dusty old GT Bible from the shelf. I can't remember much of what is said in there. I do recall 'no swearing' and 'no sex', but doesn't seem like anyone's abiding by *those*. You're all going to hell.

where am I going and why am I in this handbasket???

sweet p Posted: Thu Jul 1 11:49:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi Addi.
I know you were referring to me too.

: P

I have two jobs. One outside [where there are no computers] and one in the mall [which I HATE and have to travel an hour to get home -where there is a computer- from].

And at the moment, my family is going crazy. My love life is messed up. AND the urgency of my university decisions is getting serious, quickly... and I continue to be confused and more indecisive than ever.

Usually, the weekends are my GT time but last weekend was the cottage, the weekend before it was camping. Tonight I am going to The Tragically Hip concert and from there, going camping AGAIN.

I don't know how to NOT be a drive-by fuiter. : (

PS. Today is an exception. It is CANADA'S BIRTHDAY!! So I got the day off work and get to chill at home and play on the computer.

jennemmer Posted: Thu Jul 1 11:55:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  >PS. Today is an exception. It is CANADA'S BIRTHDAY!! So I got the day off work and get to chill at home and play on the computer.

To: Sweet P and all other fellow canadians. Happy Canada Day!!!

and please go see some fireworks for me or something, I'm out of the country and so it's just a normal day down here :(

sweet p Posted: Thu Jul 1 11:58:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>I'm out of the country and so it's just a normal day down here :(

OH NO!!

I will light an extra sparkler just for you!

Perfect day for a Hip concert, eh? Everyone will be in their hockey jerseys and waving the flag.

: )

yay!

[Happy Canada Day to you tooooo].

jennemmer Posted: Thu Jul 1 12:02:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  >I will light an extra sparkler just for you!

Yay!!! :)

>Perfect day for a Hip concert, eh? Everyone will be in their hockey jerseys and waving the flag.

I'm sooooo jealous ;)

addi Posted: Thu Jul 1 12:04:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>I don't know how to NOT be a drive-by fuiter. : (

I don't like it, but it's only cuz I'm selfish and like having you around here.
Anyhoo, better to be "drive by" than "no by" i say.
And like I said earlier, you've got some much bigger things going on in your life anyway. It's very understandable your reduction in posts. I work in front of a computer almost 9 hours every work day, so it's easy for me to check in. I know others here are in a much different situation.

Enjoy the holiday P. Hope you are happy with the election results from the other day too.

Mouse Posted: Thu Jul 1 13:20:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *wonders if this applys to her*
I don't suppose it does, I am still a newbie after all.
But if you are going to blame anyone for my absence, blame my father and the season.

libra Posted: Thu Jul 1 15:51:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>jennemmer said:
>>I'm out of the country and so it's just a normal day down here :(
>
>OH NO!!
>
>I will light an extra sparkler just for you!
>
they made fireworks illegal where i live, isn't that sad!?

Mouse Posted: Thu Jul 1 20:28:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Anything that leaves the ground or spins is illegal here. All that's left for private displays is sparklers and such. :(

Mouse Posted: Fri Jul 2 14:21:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:
>There are rare occassions where I can stay for a while (see threads with Mouse and Erika *evil grin*)
>
*Grins evily as well* Drat, now it's an auto-reponse!
I can just picture us standing around grinning evily and not knowing why we started. :P

erikagm Posted: Fri Jul 2 21:24:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'll plead guilty on the count of disappearing on account of not being in town and not having an internet connection (or a computer) anywhere but work...

So, that said... I go read another thread... hehehe

addi Posted: Sat Jul 3 09:08:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  speaking of fruity
where is Christophe?

anyone know the status of Mesh and his army adventure?

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Jul 3 09:59:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've been in "drive-by" mode lately. Big changes going on in the office, but that will calm down in a few weeks, and really big changes in my personal life as well.
My soon-to-be third wife, Deb, and I are beginning construction on our new dwelling. She has acquired her Mom's old house and we are adding three new rooms to it and doing extensive remodelling throughout. As this is going on, I must still run my house and keep the yard up (a full acre) too.
This requires pretty much all of our time when we are not a work.
The drive-by's are just my way of letting you guys know that I'm still around and thinking of you, even though I don't have the time to post anything insightful, I can still get in a zinger here and there. Even now, I'm supposed to be working on my tractor so I can get the grass cut today, before going over to the other house to supervise a tree-stump removal. But it's Saturday morn and I have to be on GT. It's mandatory you know.

addi Posted: Sat Jul 3 11:31:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thanks, hif. that's really understandable. Just keep sending us zingers when you can.
After the dust settles in the future you'll be looking for any excuse to log on to GT just to escape wife #3 for a while : )

don't tell her i said that

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Jul 3 12:04:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The office is going to be incorporated into the the family/tv room, so I can do the GT thing and watch tv at the same time !
whoopeeeeeeeee ! !

antartica Posted: Sat Jul 3 13:07:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>The office is going to be incorporated into the the family/tv room, so I can do the GT thing, watch tv and at whoopeeeeeeeee ! ! the same time !

didn't have to know the whoopeeeeee part... =P

novemberrain Posted: Sat Jul 3 20:14:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>novemberrain said:
>>There are rare occassions where I can stay for a while (see threads with Mouse and Erika *evil grin*)
>>
>*Grins evily as well* Drat, now it's an auto-reponse!
>I can just picture us standing around grinning evily and not knowing why we started. :P

hehehe
we don't need a reason to grin evilly. It makes people think we are up to something. :)

antartica Posted: Tue Jul 6 03:54:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  y'know how we seem to have some up with names for a whole lotta people and the different genders and all that...

plonkers, plinkers, plankers, phantoms, king thong, Chook-miester... amongst sooo many others

how about having a name for these drive by's?

DBF? sounds wierd...
fruiters?

or he heh heh.... fruits?

addi Posted: Tue Jul 6 08:12:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like DBF, as in...

"Dat plinker's always pulling a DBF here and hitting us plonkers in the crotch with limes before she disappears back into the shadows."

what's a Chook-miester?

and did we say a planker was a bi-sexual?

antartica Posted: Tue Jul 6 08:20:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>I like DBF, as in...
>
>"Dat plinker's always pulling a DBF here and hitting us plonkers in the crotch with limes before she disappears back into the shadows."
>
> what's a Chook-miester?
>
>and did we say a planker was a bi-sexual?

hahaha... i realised tt King Thong's not been posting much, was hoping his bionic chook sense would pick up chook being used... LOL...

planker... damn... OH! they the ones who on the "plank" not knowing whether to take the plunge into this nut house or just lurk in the shadows... just in front of them phantoms...

DBF's cool... i was thinking of "fruit" in the other sense of the word... haha... but we'll play nice here ; )

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Jul 6 08:30:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am the Chook-meister !
I am also King Thong !
I am the GT'r of many names and I am ruler of all the known universe !
All who bow and capitulate before me will be rewarded in the new empire of the thongs and those who do not will be forced to lay wet in the sand and then forced to walk for miles, thereby sawing themselves in half.

addi Posted: Tue Jul 6 08:33:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  have you been sniffing wood glue again, hif?

antartica Posted: Tue Jul 6 08:33:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>All who bow and copulate for me will be rewarded in the new empire of the thongs and those who do not will be forced to lay wet in the sand and then forced to walk for miles, thereby sawing themselves in half.

ooh... naughty naughty!

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Jul 6 08:44:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>All who bow and copulate for me will be rewarded in the new empire of the thongs and those who do not will be forced to lay wet in the sand and then forced to walk for miles, thereby sawing themselves in half.
>
>ooh... naughty naughty!
>
Heheh, I like that one much better !
Bring me Sweet-p. . . .NOW !

antartica Posted: Tue Jul 6 11:17:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hope you run fast P...

take off while we hold papa thong down... haha

alrighty kids. i'm outta here... heading back for some bangers and mash... =)

g'nites all

Mouse Posted: Tue Jul 6 11:50:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>I like DBF, as in...
>
>"Dat plinker's always pulling a DBF here and hitting us plonkers in the crotch with limes before she disappears back into the shadows."

Uh oh, he's giving me ideas.
No, that's not a bag full of limes behind my back. *grins evily*

antartica Posted: Mon Jul 12 11:12:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>Uh oh, he's giving me ideas.
>No, that's not a bag full of limes behind my back. *grins evily*

oh boy! mouse's makin' lemonade!!!

Puck Posted: Fri Jul 16 23:02:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>It's stopping by the forum, quickly posting responses to several threads, and then dissapearing as fast as you showed up... for days, weeks, or months, only to repeat the process over again down the road.

Hey, If I could I'd be on here constantly, falling asleep waiting for anyone to say anything. Whenever I'm here, I'm at my dad's house and I'm usually only here on fridays. That's my excuse. I'll be moving soon and I'm not sure how it'll affect the frequency of my posting.

webmaster said:
>>You're all going to hell.
Cool. I've been damned by the Lord of gt. Should I feel good or bad?

Libra said:
>they made fireworks illegal where i live
I wish they were illegal here. I was into that stuff when I was younger, but I'm no longer entertained by simple unintelligible lights and sounds. Now, I'm annoyed with it all...and the pollution. I like to be able to walk down the street and not have a cloud of smoke blind me. I do enjoy the bottle-rocket and snapper fights though.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]