Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Leaving the Forum
Christian Posted: Thu Jul 1 09:16:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey guys, after many many months of being on here, I'm getting the impression from some of you that you don't want me here. Asswipe is just one of several examples, and it seems one can't just "be" by his standards I must be a good writer and express myself better,(if this is what the forum is about, np, I understand),...and it's possible he may defend against this...I really dunno... But I wanna be here, since I really enjoy it, and like "attempting" to share my ideas, and I'm sorry I'm not real good at that.. and get lots of care and support from some of you, too...luckily, for these, we've established "outside" contact too, so we can continue to chat, email and meet.

I realize how self-absorbed this is...but, hey, I'll be honest...I'm feelin' the bit "kiss off" lol...so here's the deal: regarding my leaving the forum...if I get many responses, saying "yes" then I'll leave...'k? Hope to hear from you guys. Thanks all.

antartica Posted: Thu Jul 1 09:26:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey dude...
wtf's going on here? c'mon. it canna be all too bad aye?

shit happens...
but only because of assholes...

mat_j Posted: Thu Jul 1 09:33:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You can't just leave the forum, it doesn't happen like that. You walk away from the computer then fall asleep. Jason Q comes to you in a dream and gives you an afterdinner mint (you know the kind in the black paper wrappping which people always leave in the box with no mint in) and you wake up and start posting again.

addi Posted: Thu Jul 1 09:36:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't understand a lot of your posts Christian, but that's mostly my problem.

Stay

and I think you are taking asswipe a little too seriously. He is an equal opportunity offender, and I really don't think he meant it personal towards you. He just speaks his mind, which can sometimes come off as a little abrasive.

libra Posted: Thu Jul 1 10:03:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  no christian. you can't leave. don't take asswipe seriously, and i hope nothing i said was involved in this decision. Some forummers don't get along with others, but that's no reason to leave, especially since you get along well with so many of us.

webmaster Posted: Thu Jul 1 11:00:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What you are trying to do is illegal. I will loose the GT Police upon you.

novemberrain Posted: Thu Jul 1 11:04:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  webmaster said:
>What you are trying to do is illegal. I will loose the GT Police upon you.

They can borrow my handcuffs...

libra Posted: Thu Jul 1 11:04:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hehehe, yay JQ.

sweet p Posted: Thu Jul 1 11:51:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  C'mon Christian, hang around longer!
You don't want to go off and leave us here forever!

Zacq Posted: Thu Jul 1 13:02:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Don't leave me alone with all these crazy people! NO!!!

DaveHill Posted: Thu Jul 1 13:24:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Seems like you're losing this battle.
Life-long imprisonment at GT for all losers :P

Mouse Posted: Thu Jul 1 13:35:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  webmaster said:

How long is the training process for the GT Police?

Come on, Christian, don't go. If I left when people hurt or disagreed with me I'd be long gone and this place would end up devoid of life and interesting banter.
Asswipe can be brutal sometimes, but none of us have gotten on him to leave, what makes you think you have to?

Mark Posted: Thu Jul 1 13:40:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christian said:
>if I get many responses, saying "yes" then I'll leave...'k?
No

Kira Posted: Thu Jul 1 15:13:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Chill out, don't leave.

Asswipe Posted: Thu Jul 1 17:03:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  god damn, i rule.

i've no personal grudge against you, man. i can't say i like you very much but i don't really care, really. all i can say is that most of my words towards you have been deserved, either as response to you straight out insulting me or just needing a good kick in the teeth. of course, that's just my opinion, and, as you can see, the rest of the people here seem to value your opinion, or virtual company, or whatever. basically... do whatever the hell you want.

grow a damn backbone and learn to laugh at yourself. you'll see how much fun it is to laugh at you.

choke Posted: Thu Jul 1 19:06:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey, its not possible. Dont even try. I did and look at me now :P

kurohyou Posted: Thu Jul 1 19:34:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The sharing of ideas is, in my mind, an neutral endeavour for me. You set forth your idea in the open and allow it to be critiqued. To do so is to risk being hurt, being told you're wrong, being justified in your belief, and at times being supported 100%. I seek the ideas of others and to share my own. And whether one of my posts gets 10 responses or 120, I simply seek the input from others, be it good or bad.

Expressing one's ideas is a learning process. But your idea's are your own, whether you have difficulty expressing them or not. Learn, practice, read. Be patient. I have days when I can't form a coherent thought, hell this could be one of those posts for all I know. Keep trying.

I've found that this forum is a good mix of people willing to support me, and people who will shred me given the opportunity. But that is not why I come here. Encased within these cyberspace walls are ideas, thoughts and motives beyond my own mind. That is what I seek when I come here. I don't seek approval, I don't seek distain, I seek ideas from others and a place to share my own. I've personally found it here.

Consider what it is that you seek before you decide to leave. I think you should stick it out, take the good, take the bad, and learn from them all.

In my mind your ideas are just as valuable as Asswipes, Addison's, or anyone elses on GT.

Just my thoughts, take them for what they are worth.

addi Posted: Thu Jul 1 20:03:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>In my mind your ideas are just as valuable as Asswipes, Addison's, or anyone elses on GT.

you speak wisely, young grasshopper

*I'm sure everyone's ideas are more valuable than mine right now. They've depreciated over the years and haven't held their value well. I'm currently having a 2 for 1 sale on my ideas if anyone's interested : )

misszero Posted: Thu Jul 1 21:15:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  man, your birthday was in the very first birthday post. everyody forgot that i even existed.... that's it, I'm leaving and I'm never coming back! *sobs*

But dude, are you just looking for validation with this thread? not to pick on you, (I do it too....) but maybe you want to hear how much we want you to stay. which is fair enough, we all have those times in our lives where we need to hear nice things about ourselves.

addi Posted: Thu Jul 1 21:26:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:

> we all have those times in our lives where we need to hear nice things about ourselves.

i like you a whole lot, Ms. Oh : )

antartica Posted: Fri Jul 2 00:18:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  webmaster said:

yo G'man...
god had spoken.... stay

erikagm Posted: Fri Jul 2 21:28:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Tsk...

If I'd thought of leaving the first time hif or Christophe started picking on me I wouldn't have lasted 2 days...

Now, you might just have been wanting some attention, Christian, and that's fine... But I think leaving the forum is your own choice, and you shouldn't rely on others' opinion to make that decision...

That said...

Puck Posted: Sat Jul 3 06:56:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When I first hit a newbie thread, I believe that I was told that I could never leave, so neither can you.

misszero Posted: Sat Jul 3 14:19:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i like you too addi.

Mouse Posted: Sat Jul 3 15:01:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>When I first hit a newbie thread, I believe that I was told that I could never leave, so neither can you.

And it's true, you know. Instant life sentance, only thing that can get you out is the death of a computer or the loss of an internet connection.
Speaking of which, Cherry_Moon killed her computer so she'll be absent for an undetermined amount of time.

Maya Posted: Sun Jul 4 09:50:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My irregualr visits will mean that i never find out if you left or not...dont go! Its not worth leaving, this place is special to each of us in different ways anmd we all make it what it is. ....

marsteller Posted: Sun Jul 4 10:23:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>But dude, are you just looking for validation with this thread?

antartica Posted: Wed Jul 7 04:46:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well... fr wat i know so far about the people here in this forum is that no one needs validation

but then again there be times when we post comments where we may (or may not regret)

but this is a rare place which does not have moderators, no way to edit nor delete postings.. and is good!

so as in life. we'd have to be pretty careful as to what we say.... we may not mean it then. or may say things that can get misinterpretted by the reader...

remember... on the internet, no one can hear you scream...

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]