Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Movies
Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Jul 1 21:42:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So, I was wondering if any1 has seen a real good movie lately. There really isn't anything good. Besides the Michael Moore movie.

Mouse Posted: Thu Jul 1 23:05:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Not to hassle you or anything, dear, but this ought to be in Movies/TV.

The only movies I've seen promos for recently that looked interesting were fluffy stuff. Comedies with close to borderline lame humor.
I think the last movie I saw in theaters was Man on Fire.

libra Posted: Fri Jul 2 00:21:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lost in Translation, Thirteen, City of God, Casablanca, and Fairenheit 9/11 were the last movies i've seen...they're all really good.

dan632 Posted: Fri Jul 2 02:15:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i am kinda hanging out for the movie Garden State, it looks just gravy!
and the Director's Cut of Donnie Darko coming out soon as well

antartica Posted: Fri Jul 2 02:24:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  last one i caught was "Japanese Story" with Poppy...

both of us entered the theatre ready to read subtitles and was blown away by the aussie accent!

but was a great show...

before that was Shrek 2 =)

libra Posted: Fri Jul 2 04:24:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dan632 said:
>i am kinda hanging out for the movie Garden State, it looks just gravy!

oo, i really really want to see that

dan632 Posted: Fri Jul 2 05:03:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>dan632 said:
>>i am kinda hanging out for the movie Garden State, it looks just gravy!
>
>
>oo, i really really want to see that

yeah, written and directed by Zach Braff

antartica Posted: Fri Jul 2 08:39:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  bugger.. bugger... bugger.....

i left dingapore before S2 opened and i guess i gotta go look for a DVD or something to catch it before it get's stale....

Zacq Posted: Fri Jul 2 15:00:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I rewatched the movie Snatch, which continues to be awesome in every way.

Be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm.

zander83 Posted: Fri Jul 2 15:58:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  spartan was enjoyable(watched it last night).,,, mystic river is okay...

the searchers is a good pre-spaghetti western...

apart for that... tough to say... girl with a peal earring is enjoyable enough

Puck Posted: Sun Jul 4 03:46:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dan632 said:
>and the Director's Cut of Donnie Darko coming out soon as well
*drools*
How exactly does one suck a fuck?!
I'm impatiently waiting for Ender's Game and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Snatch and/or Lock stock and two smoking barrels are always solutions to my boredom. (I noticed that the diamond went from being 86 carats to 84) Not that Lost in Translation isn't good, it just deserves to be seen in an uncommon mood, if that makes any sense.
"Save your breath for cooling your pooridge."

Jakob the Liar, The Professional, LA Confidential, Highlander...

If any of you ever have a chance to see Cool World, I must discourage you from doing so. It's like Super Mario Brothers in the style of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but a lot worse. I've seen crappier "movies", (like Terror Toons, Splatter University, Slumber-Party Massacre 2) but it's not even close to being worth the time wasted watching it.

TwoPillows Posted: Sun Jul 4 08:24:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  worst movie i ever saw was Satan's School for Girls, with Shannon Dohurty, Which I guess says it all

antartica Posted: Sun Jul 4 08:57:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hello TwoPillows....

dan632 Posted: Sun Jul 4 09:06:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  heya 2 pillows, you don't really need 2, only one person can have their head on the pillow at a time

TwoPillows Posted: Sun Jul 4 10:32:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello. I find this forum highly entertaining.

addi Posted: Sun Jul 4 10:42:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  TwoPillows said:
>Hello. I find this forum highly entertaining.

welcome 2 pillows!
stick around awhile...it will get less entertaining.

saw Farenheit 9/11 last night. theatre was so packed that I had to find a single seat and sit next to a stranger.
During one segment of a mother who broke down when she lost her soldier son in Iraq I started to tear up and felt like a complete moron (it's a guy thing). I tried to pretend there was something in my eye after a while so the guy next to me wouldn't call me a wimp.

webmaster Posted: Sun Jul 4 10:51:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yesterday, I bought 'Some Kind of Wonderful', 'Biloxi Blues' and 'Top Secret'. Been searching for these three for years, and managed to find all three DVDs in one single day. Feels damn good. :)

dan632 Posted: Sun Jul 4 10:58:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  y'all gotta see The United States Of Leland, 'tis well good-likes it much!

chickenhed Posted: Thu Jul 8 21:24:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When I was away in Toronto recently, staying with my friend Jennie who scored a job working in the Lush on Queen, I spent considerable time watching DVDs.

I saw "catch me if I can" for the first time, which was throughly enjoyable, probably one of Speilberg's best. Not that that is difficult: I have beef with any film-maker that goes out of his way to push those sentimental buttons, 'cept maybe Ken Loach, but his films are just icky.

Also, saw "Bande a parte" and "jules et jim", garnering much inspiration for a feature idea that has been floating around in my head for many years. French New Wave R0x.

Also saw "Secret Window", which was amusing for like ten minutes, but only for Johnny Depp looking really scruffy. He still remains one of the only guys I would gladly give head to. It kinda went all typical thriller then. *yawn*

libra Posted: Thu Jul 8 22:22:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chickenhed said:
>Also saw "Secret Window", which was amusing for like ten minutes, but only for Johnny Depp looking really scruffy. He still remains one of the only guys I would gladly give head to. It kinda went all typical thriller then. *yawn*

ahhh, johnny depp.

yea, that movie was only semi interesting because of him, other than that it was predictable and didn't have a lot of imagination to it...

Puck Posted: Fri Jul 16 22:40:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Roaming the mall yesterday, I snagged Clerks, Invader Zim: Vol.1, Breakfast Club, and Spider used on dvd at Gamestop formerly Babbages.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]