Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Chicago
jennemmer Posted: Tue Jul 6 14:30:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey all,

I am in the Chicago area for the duration of the summer and was wondering if there is anyone who lives here or who has visited who can fill me in on the "must see" attractions around.

Also, I saw my first 4th of July fireworks the other day and I'll admit I've never seen the like... crazy!

addi Posted: Tue Jul 6 15:17:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  have just done the normal tourist things there, Jen.
Don't leave without visiting the Chicago Museum of Art
Eating Chicago Style Pizza in the "Loop"
Listening to some soulful live jazz at a downtown club.
I've heard there are some nice places to visit/walk around by the lake shore

erikagm Posted: Tue Jul 6 15:35:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maybe you could shoot an ex gf in cicero, il while youre there...

libra Posted: Tue Jul 6 16:00:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  pull a ferris bueller

jennemmer Posted: Tue Jul 6 16:15:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>pull a ferris bueller

Was that Chicago?!? Hmm... I'll have to watch that again.

As for shooting people... sorry, think that's off the list ;)

erikagm Posted: Tue Jul 6 16:31:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  tsk... quite a shame... how about a bomb then? hehehehe

or some funky contraption designed to make her life miserable in some way, you choose...

novemberrain Posted: Tue Jul 6 18:47:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:
>tsk... quite a shame... how about a bomb then? hehehehe
>
>or some funky contraption designed to make her life miserable in some way, you choose...

gee, erika, I'm getting this vague sense of bitterness from your general direction. Tell us how you really feel ;-)

erikagm Posted: Tue Jul 6 20:16:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Long story. Too long for a post. Maybe I'll tell you in messenger someday...

mat_j Posted: Wed Jul 7 09:18:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You could pull a High fidelity and buy a record store and employ jack black and that moby lookalike guy to work there.

libra Posted: Wed Jul 7 10:14:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>You could pull a High fidelity and buy a record store and employ jack black and that moby lookalike guy to work there.

ooo, do that...

TwoPillows Posted: Wed Jul 7 11:33:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, do it, because that would make it a lot easier for me to find jack black, and force him to impregnate me.

sweet p Posted: Thu Jul 8 02:10:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Of all the cities I have ever visited, Chicago is really close to favourite.

A few things I enjoyed:

Radom meals at little delis.

Walking along Michigan Avenue - I like seeing city buildings and the water come together.

Jazz bars/restaurants - You CANNOT go to Chicago and not experience one of these.

The Art Institute of Chicago - They have some of the greatest European paintings. Seurat's famous "Sunday on La Grande Jatte" and a bunch of Monet AND Van Gogh's "The Bedroom" as well as his "Self Portrait" and works by Degas, Renoir, Gauguin, etc. The other collections are nice as well :)

Museum of Science and Industry as well as the Feild Museum. - I didn't have enough time at either of these places BUT you will see the largest T-Rex in the world, "Sue" at the Field Museum.

Navy Pier - Don't know what it's like in the summer, but I imaigine it is quite nice at this time of year. With the gardens to walk through and the big Ferris Wheel.

Sears Tower - When I went, it was too foggy to see anything but I would go back and try again.

Shedd Aquarium - The penguins are the best.

The Magnificent Mile - Was also very nice. Though, shopping isn't really what I consider fun. The walk is what I liked best. But when I went, I was there for the first snow fall and Christmas lights were up and it was very beautiful.

AND the last thing I will mention was one of my favourite activities.
The Untouchables Tour - They take you along on a bus and show you the Capone territory. All of key spots and important building like the site of the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre. They have toy guns and fun music. But I like the mob and Al Capone stories and you might not be too interested
....But they even give you free cigars and carnations and prizes for trivia at the end!

P.S.
Whatever you do, STAY AWAY from White Castle. You would know that we don't have those in Canada and you might be tempted to test it out. Don't.
D i s g u s t i n g.

addi Posted: Thu Jul 8 07:42:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>Whatever you do, STAY AWAY from White Castle.

LOL it's true. Mexican's have a saying; You can drink the water in Chicago, but don't eat White Castle burgers!
Eat too many of those and you'll never be able to create atoms, you'll only be creating indigestion.

It wouldn't be natural if I let a post go by without commenting on the two new pics. I'm a visual person...God help me, but it's true!!

Jenny, that's a nice pic and a first for you i think. I'm assuming that's your pretty smile in the background cuz you have a scholarly look about you. Who's the lil' one?

And Sweet; Finally, a view of your backside! I'm speechless, and there's a big lurid smile on Ludwig's face. It may be enough to lure him back to the drawing board : )

antartica Posted: Thu Jul 8 08:53:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  here addi... be a darling and pass this bucket to Lewdwig.. oops i meant Ludwig... his drool is getting all over the floor... =P

addi Posted: Thu Jul 8 09:06:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you are so thoughtful! that is drool in the bucket, right? : )

(it is Ludwig that's the horndog you know. P's photo does nothing for me. I'm beyond such base emotions)

Ed Posted: Tue Mar 28 09:00:49 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :P !!!
White Castle rox my sox, biznatches

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Mar 28 10:09:06 2006 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey, White Castle Burgers are great.
I actually pass three White Castles on my little commute to work every morning.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]