Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Poll Response
baristapro Posted: Sun Jul 11 19:21:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  <i>If you could change your partner without any consequences to your existing relationship, would you?</i>

I'm sorry, but I just have to nit pick on this one, because it's impossible.
Change how? Because every change has some sort of a 'consequence'. To change one's partner, is to change the relationship in itself. Whether it be the way you look at them, to the way you interact with them, something would be different.
If you wanted your partner to be less demanding, then the consequence would be that they are less demanding.
I don't know. I found the question to be a little arbitrary.

choke Posted: Sun Jul 11 20:53:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  haha oops i took it the wrong way i think, i thought it meant change yur partner as in swap them for someone else, without them getting angry :P

doesnt apply to me either way though

webmaster Posted: Mon Jul 12 00:17:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry for the vague question. The reason for posing this poll question was because I realised that some couples, even after their feelings have faded, or if they meet someone else they like, still stay together because they don't want to be the guilty party who initiates a break up. The crux of the question was whether you would choose to end the relationship if you were not burdened by stuff like making the other person sad, or having to explain it to the people around you.

iggy Posted: Mon Jul 12 00:34:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  strange.

that already happened

antartica Posted: Mon Jul 12 00:34:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  HI hypocrite!

welcummmm back!

hows you been doing?

DanSRose Posted: Mon Jul 12 01:10:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I thought it was a dumb question, so I didn't answer it.

libra Posted: Mon Jul 12 03:57:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey hypocrite, its good to see you back

jennemmer Posted: Mon Jul 12 11:18:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  webmaster said:
>Sorry for the vague question. The reason for posing this poll question was because I realised that some couples, even after their feelings have faded, or if they meet someone else they like, still stay together because they don't want to be the guilty party who initiates a break up. The crux of the question was whether you would choose to end the relationship if you were not burdened by stuff like making the other person sad, or having to explain it to the people around you.

How about when your feelings haven't so much faded as you realise theres a lot of issues you need to deal with and you can't do that when you're together...

erikagm Posted: Mon Jul 12 11:27:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>haha oops i took it the wrong way i think, i thought it meant change yur partner as in swap them for someone else, without them getting angry :P
>
>doesnt apply to me either way though

I took it that way too... I might have been mistaken judging from other's posts...

baristapro Posted: Mon Jul 12 20:28:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  webmaster said:
>Sorry for the vague question. The reason for posing this poll question was because I realised that some couples, even after their feelings have faded, or if they meet someone else they like, still stay together because they don't want to be the guilty party who initiates a break up. The crux of the question was whether you would choose to end the relationship if you were not burdened by stuff like making the other person sad, or having to explain it to the people around you.

Yeah, I can dig that. I suppose any question that's a 'yes' or a 'no' has to be vague in some aspects.
I guess it's just that I'm feeling cynical that I had to argue with it.

baristapro Posted: Mon Jul 12 20:28:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh and hello everyone :)

addi Posted: Mon Jul 12 21:10:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hypocrite said:
>Oh and hello everyone :)

Good to see you here again, you drive by fruiter : )

*don't make me explain

Kira Posted: Mon Jul 12 21:19:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>
>*don't make me explain

You keep making this hooey up Addi, don't complain when you have to explain!

Haha I rhymed.

*Stalks off grumbling.*

-Cynic Sailovzi

addi Posted: Mon Jul 12 21:52:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Hypocrite said:
>>Oh and hello everyone :)
>
>Good to see you here again, you drive by fruiter : )
>
>*please make me explain

Mesh Posted: Tue Jul 13 00:18:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hypocrite said:
>Oh and hello everyone :)

Hiya there yous. Welcome back here.

Was thinking about GT and how it was when I first started lurking in the forum, and wondered where had hypocrite gone to.

baristapro Posted: Tue Jul 13 14:17:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:

>Was thinking about GT and how it was when I first started lurking in the forum, and wondered where had hypocrite gone to.

I was having adventures...Someday I shall tell the tale...

antartica Posted: Wed Jul 14 04:06:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  heh... write a book hypocrite... ; )

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jul 14 17:40:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Would this be an inappropriate time to begin a discussion about Hypocrite's nipples ?

FN Posted: Wed Jul 14 19:06:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Haha.

Wb hif, how has your time off been?

Puck Posted: Fri Jul 23 08:51:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  webmaster said:
>The crux of the question was whether you would choose to end the relationship if you were not burdened by stuff like making the other person sad,

My last break-up- I thought that I would make a mix-disc of songs about break-ups and write "take a hint" on it, but then, after a second or two, I realized that I couldn't do something that evil...so I emotionally alienated her to show her that something was wrong. Then when she brought up the idea to break-up, I ended it.
I guess my answer is yes and no. It seemed that it was a clean break, but later she told me about how sad she was. I'd hope any ex of mine wouldn't be bitter after dating me.

Within the next few months, my mother is moving a half hour away from civilization as I know it and I'll be following along. I'll be going to another school so, I'll be putting some distance between me and my gf. When I told her about it all, I told her to leave me if she couldn't handle it, but I wouldn't break up with her. She replied, saying that she wouldn't leave me, no matter how much the distance sucks.
I'm not sure if that fits the question, because I wasn't breaking up with her and I can't see myself doing so either. I was just giving her the opportunity to get out of the relationship easily if necessary.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]