Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

friends or foes. by insomnia
antartica Posted: Mon Jul 12 04:43:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hi insomnia... hope you dun mind me "borrowing" your peice for the forum =P thanks...

friends or foes.
by insomnia

5 Jul 2004
you know, sometimes i ask myself why my friends are like fads. it's like a passing shower. first, you think you have the most beautiful thing in your palms and the next moment, it's gone.it's not gone with the wind or anything like that. it has no magnitude, it has no direction. nothing. and you have the slightest idea how the relationship vanished. that really sucks in case you dont know.

i used to think that god was cruel - he'd take away your old friends whenever he gave you new ones. and awhile ago, i was still pretty convinced by that analogy. . . . . .

for the rest of the writing pls goto...
http://www.generationterrorists.com/cgi-bin/mygt/members.cgi?profile_id=1586§ion=2&category_id=1587&article_id=4351

ok. now you've all read it...
how many peeps here can say that they really have a "friend".

and we're not talking about the "i-know-his/her-name-so-they's-my-friend"

we're talking about the kind where you can call at 3am when you have problems, talk till 7am... where if they can would call in sick for work just to spend time with you...

Nikki Posted: Mon Jul 12 07:29:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hi Antartica,
that is a wonderful thought. friends of the heart. the kind that will call in sick to be with you. I had a friend just like that and she died suddenly in a storm at sea. my heart was broken and i still have not found another soul like that. thank you for sharing the thoughts and links :-)

antartica Posted: Mon Jul 12 07:37:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>hi Antartica,
>that is a wonderful thought. friends of the heart. the kind that will call in sick to be with you. . . . . .

heya Nikki... been a while eh?

yeah.. i was farting about the site at work and say Insomnia's new article on myGT... and well... it's good =)

dunno if anyone noticed so thought i'd put it up... n mebbe she'd come in as well...

yep... i'm proud to say i've got a coupla of these kinda friends... of which there are a coupla on the site as well...

now i can die contented =)

Mesh Posted: Mon Jul 12 07:37:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've got a friend in jebus.

Hes gone recommend me up to the spirit in the sky.

Mesh Posted: Mon Jul 12 07:39:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mostly my family are those types of friend.

mostly my sister, to be more exact.

but my lovely missy is a good friend as well.

Nikki Posted: Mon Jul 12 08:06:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:
>>
>yeah.. i was farting about the site at work and say Insomnia's new article on myGT... and well... it's good =)
>
>dunno if anyone noticed so thought i'd put it up... n mebbe she'd come in as well...
>
>yep... i'm proud to say i've got a coupla of these kinda friends... of which there are a coupla on the site as well...
>
>now i can die contented =)

Well I'm just glad that someone ELSE has those kinds of friends and that they mean so much! :-)

Hi Meshuggah!

Mesh Posted: Mon Jul 12 08:12:59 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi nikki

antartica Posted: Mon Jul 12 08:37:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>Well I'm just glad that someone ELSE has those kinds of friends and that they mean so much! :-)

thanks Nikki... =)

addi Posted: Mon Jul 12 10:08:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:

>Well I'm just glad that someone ELSE has those kinds of friends and that they mean so much! :-)
>
>Hi Meshuggah!

Hi Nikki!
Will you be my bestest friend too?!!!
Please!!!!!! :-)

Nikki Posted: Mon Jul 12 10:17:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sure ya know!! (hugs addison)

erikagm Posted: Mon Jul 12 11:35:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *raises hand*

i have friends like that... And they've already missed work days for me...

addi Posted: Mon Jul 12 12:14:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  just so we can clear the air, stikki. you knew I was just joking, right?
I don't really dislike you, I mean, I don't even really know you. On the other hand based soley off your postings I can't say I like you much either. In fact, you seem kinda schitzo, immature, and spiteful to me. And if evey rotten thing you've said about others here was "just a joke", then I say you're sense of humor is deeply twisted.
I just felt bad after that last post with you thinking I actually wanted to be good friends with you. Have a day!
Sincerely, Addi : )

FN Posted: Mon Jul 12 12:20:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My brother is that kind of a friend to me.

He's 14 years old right now but you probably wouldn't notice it if he was replying to something instead of me.

Don't know if that says a lot about him or it says a lot about me lol.

Come and think about it I haven't really changed my way of thinking since I was about 14 either.

Nikki Posted: Mon Jul 12 13:39:20 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Sincerely, Addi : )

You can be my TEDDY BEAR? but only if ya wanna? and hey please oh please stop the name calling. hah as in give it a rest? ok? :-)

Mouse Posted: Mon Jul 12 14:04:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  All of my friends are like family to me, I have known most of them since a was seven or so. We have corrupted each to our liking over the years. ;)
I have a small, close, circle of friends.

Jasdev Posted: Mon Jul 12 14:54:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  5th July - its on my birthday. Was looking for something significant that happened on this date.

kurohyou Posted: Mon Jul 12 18:56:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have a few close friends. Friends who seem to call me at 3:00am with their problems. It seems as though peoole can talk to me. I however, don't know that this behavior would be returned, if I were the one in need of an ear at 3:00am. I'm sure it would, but I don't like burdening my friends with my negative energy or my problems, part of a communication problem I have.

My journal, or GT serves as my outlet at 3:00am and I need to vent.

But I am reminded of this quote, though who says it escapes me right now...

A friend is someone who will help you move;
A GOOD friend is someone who will help you move a body.

erikagm Posted: Mon Jul 12 19:02:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You know kuro, we have sort of a short story here in Mexico that runs on those same lines, and its meant to show you what a true friend is...

Kira Posted: Mon Jul 12 20:06:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I got one!

Woohoo!

baristapro Posted: Mon Jul 12 20:40:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I've got a friend in jebus.
>
>Hes gone recommend me up to the spirit in the sky.

(chorus)
Spirit in the sky!

Mouse Posted: Mon Jul 12 23:57:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>I have a few close friends. Friends who seem to call me at 3:00am with their problems. It seems as though peoole can talk to me. I however, don't know that this behavior would be returned, if I were the one in need of an ear at 3:00am. I'm sure it would, but I don't like burdening my friends with my negative energy or my problems, part of a communication problem I have.
>
I seem to have the same thing going on. I'm a vault for secrets and a shoulder to lean on to everyone I love, but I hesitate to share my own burdens. I want to be able to ask for help with anything, I guess my pride is in all the wrong places.
Mouse

Mesh Posted: Tue Jul 13 00:16:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  when a friend needs something or is in trouble I am always more than willing and ready to help them best I know how. Wouldnt have it any other way.

But like a couple others have said, I tend not to ask for help in return. If somethings wrong or I need someone to talk to I just hide it and say everthing is fine.

antartica Posted: Tue Jul 13 00:57:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hello Jazdev!... happy belated b'day...
so how many candles this year?

*i'm off to the birthday thread!

kurohyou Posted: Tue Jul 13 10:54:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ant,

Love your pic. Puss in boots was definatly the highlight of that movie. I couldn't stop laughing.

kurohyou Posted: Tue Jul 13 22:28:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ironically, one of the people I had considered a good friend at the beginign of this year, has in recent weeks, culminating tonight, shown that she may not be as good a friend as I thought.

I went to a company softball game, she was one of the only people I knew there who was not playing. Her change in demeanour has followed the inception of a new love interest. He was accompanied by him, and I by my wife and kids.

I would have gotten a warmer response from a firing squad I fear. She said nothing when I point blank addressed her, saying hi, hows the game going, she shot a few small remarks in my general direction, her boytoy said nothing, and they left without so much as a see you later, or a go to hell.

I have no intention of losing sleep over this, but my number of friends may have decreased by one.

Just as well, too many and its hard to keep in touch with all of them.

kurohyou Posted: Tue Jul 13 22:30:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Spelling correction:

2nd Paragraph, last sentence. She was accompanied by him, and I by my wife and kids.

My bad, thought that should have some clarification.

antartica Posted: Wed Jul 14 02:50:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey Kurohyu... thanks... i love pussy too.. oops.. i mean puss in boots... and the show was good =)

btw... are you japanese? or...? pardon me if i'm too inquisitive...

well... is always good to have "friends"... but i beleive that true close friends. if you can keep count on 1 or 2 hands... is already the world in your hands... i can barely fill one... and i'm already very thankful for them..... =)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]