Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

ARGH! Impossible!
innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Jul 15 00:47:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ok. I understand I am a newb. (or n00b if you're THAT cool) I understand I've only been posting for three days. But I seriously have a big OCD problem I've got to talk about.

Well, I'm not REALLY OCD. I think...

Anyway, my problem is this-

I love reading and commenting on poetry and stories and shiz like that. But the only way to comment on anything is when it's posted here on the boards. But the thing is... Ok, the THINGS ARE-

1. What if I wanna read more stuff by the same person? And wanna comment at that?
2. What if I wanna post all of MY stuff? I already felt bad about flooding the myGT section. I can't flood the Poetry board, or I'll be swimming in pools of my guilt forever!

So my idea/ question is this.

Would it be possible to maybe come up with another forum section/ section board where people can post ALL of their stuff and then we comment on ALL of it? Er... some of it?

Like, say there is no new forum section. So we decide to put it in poetry. Is it OK if the Subject is the username and in the first post, it's all their poetry? And then every post following that is a collection of comments by every OTHER user on those pieces? And then everyone won't have to flood the poetry boards with five or six posts of different poems at a time/ they can get a massively awesome commenting page all to themselves??

Or am I just retarded? ><

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Jul 15 00:48:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Crap! This was supposed to go into Poetry too! Hot dang- i AM retarded!!

Kira Posted: Thu Jul 15 01:07:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dude, chill out. Post your poetry.

The Poetry category could use the action and I doubt anybody cares if you flood it. We can view-all the sucker if we're dying to see some old verse.

Kira Posted: Thu Jul 15 01:25:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  But yo don't flood five newest threads or I will personally hunt you down and cut your shoelaces!

Now for your hazing(sp?)... Um... Recite the Singaporean national anthem and "Stuff I Wish For, Dreams I Dream" from memory, while balancing a cup of scalding hot tea on your head and holding a pig.

(Welcome.)

marsteller Posted: Thu Jul 15 01:47:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  seem more hyper than ocd to me. but im not a doctor.

FN Posted: Thu Jul 15 04:10:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm guessing that most of the stuff I wrote is in the poetry section somewhere, or used to be.

Before the great and evil thread holocaust that is.

*shudders*

DaveHill Posted: Thu Jul 15 04:18:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just post it. Flood the forum. Flood the entire fucking planet, which is bound to happen anyway. Manmade destruction is so much more beautiful. Don't mind me.

choke Posted: Thu Jul 15 04:52:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  if you want more of the same person, get in contact with them? Theyre bound to have more work floating round somewhere. And that way you can email them or whatever with your comments..

And dont worry bout flooding!

FN Posted: Thu Jul 15 07:16:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If you want more from the same people just look in their MYGT?

Nikki Posted: Thu Jul 15 07:19:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  WELCOME InnocenceNonus!!!! :-)

dan632 Posted: Thu Jul 15 08:46:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i know what you're talking about, like a LJ that only GT members can use or sumthing? sounds kinda groovy

FN Posted: Thu Jul 15 10:10:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LJ?

erikagm Posted: Thu Jul 15 11:47:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  live journal

FN Posted: Thu Jul 15 13:09:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And here I was, thinking we'd get some GT-only lick jobs, whatever those might be.

DanSRose Posted: Thu Jul 15 13:15:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Does anyone else have a livejournal account?

Mouse Posted: Thu Jul 15 13:39:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, I've been thinking something like the comment forums beneath each work on this art site;
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/elfwood.html
would be good for myGT.
Would that even be do-able?

I think it's better when people post several of their poems in one thread, though not in one post.
I would like it if every time a new poem was posted in myGT it was posted in a thread.

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Jul 15 22:58:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>I think it's better when people post several of their poems in one thread, though not in one post.
>I would like it if every time a new poem was posted in myGT it was posted in a thread.

Good idea, Mouse!

choke Posted: Fri Jul 16 22:54:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>Does anyone else have a livejournal account?

yes

innocenceNonus Posted: Sat Jul 17 15:21:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have a xanga... Anybody else have THAT?

Well... I also have a LJ, but I don't use it...

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]