Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Fave bands/ artists?? Latest stuff people should check out??
innocenceNonus Posted: Sat Jul 17 16:07:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think the thread title is pretty self-explanatory. Anyway, since I'm fairly new, I wanted to get to know everyone's music tastes... Because, well... yeah. Music is important.

For me, favorite/ well-liked bands/ singers are as follows (there're a LOT)- Brand New, Taking Back Sunday (Yes, I know they're rivals), Flogging Molly, Queen, Elvis, Damien Rice, The Shins, Postal Service, Dandy Warhols, Sigur Ros, Metric, VonBondies, Aerosmith, Rooney, The Starting Line, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs (though I have yet to get their new CD), The Distillers, Alicia Keys, Outkast, NoFX, Coldplay, Dido, Norah Jones, Joss Stone

New stuff that I really like and stuff that I think people should check out: Franz Ferdinand, Modest Mouse, Bright Eyes

I have weird tastes in music... >< So... yeah.

innocenceNonus Posted: Sat Jul 17 16:08:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This was supposed to be under songs/ lyrics. Dang it. Sorry, everyone!

Zacq Posted: Sat Jul 17 16:15:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My favorite band is the White Stripes, by far, and I have too many other bands to list. Bands, though, that I'm starting to listen to now are A Perfect Circle, Propagandhi, They Might Be Giants, and Mad at Gravity.

Does anyone listen to O.A.R.? I'm going to their concert in a few weeks.

Chaos Posted: Sat Jul 17 17:12:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i couldnt pick a favorite band.

but the genre would be classic rock,
this includes anything from my grandmother's tastes to my father's tastes.

i dont know, it just seems to have more depth and passion to it than modern stuff.

Mesh Posted: Sat Jul 17 17:15:48 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>This was supposed to be under songs/ lyrics. Dang it. Sorry, everyone!

LOL dont worry about it, I cant tell you how many times I did that when I first started posting.

Mesh Posted: Sat Jul 17 17:17:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The man in black, Johnny Cash.

Go now, and buy At Folsom Prison.

FN Posted: Sat Jul 17 19:11:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  K's Choice

One of the greatest Belgian bands ever, they split up though but awesome lyrics/music/vocals.

marsteller Posted: Sat Jul 17 19:30:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  O.A.R. is amazing live. just good drinkin/partyin music. seen em 3 times, never disappoint. new stuff sounds a little too produced for me though, i like their old stuff better

Asswipe Posted: Sat Jul 17 20:41:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsteller said:
>O.A.R. is amazing live. just good drinkin/partyin music. seen em 3 times, never disappoint. new stuff sounds a little too produced for me though, i like their old stuff better

speakin' of them, they're playing at jones beach august... 8th or something around there. you want to go?

Covester Posted: Sat Jul 17 20:54:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dropkick murphys, godspeed you black emperor, joy division, wilco, the revolting cocks, pigface, and failure are a few.

platypusboy Posted: Sat Jul 17 21:02:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The Mars Volta, At the Drive-In, Slipknot, System of a Down, The Postal Service, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mudvayne, Dashboard Confessional, Cursive, Green Day, Weezer, Bright Eyes, and others.

I like a lot of different kinds of music, but the band I enjoy the most is The Mars Volta. Cedric Bixler's voice is intoxicating, and Omar Rodriguez is a modern guitar god.

Zacq Posted: Sat Jul 17 21:20:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:

>speakin' of them, they're playing at jones beach august... 8th or something around there. you want to go?

Can't be then, that's when I'm seeing them at the Oakdale in Connecticut.

Mark Posted: Sat Jul 17 21:23:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  KISS, Dire Straits, Queen, Metallica. those are my most favorite bands. Other bands I like are Nightwish, Tristania, In Flames, Ancient Rites, Heideroosjes (dutch punk band) and many others.

choke Posted: Sat Jul 17 22:17:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my favourites at the moment are Tool and Disturbed. I have many many more im tempted to list but my hands are sore and my memory is failing

Mesh Posted: Sat Jul 17 23:48:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Rammstein, Meshuggah, Pantera, Black Sabbath, Daft Punk, Motörhead, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Danzig, Six Feet Under, BÖHSE ONKELZ, Sepultura, Cream, Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Thats a muh fuhkin start right der.

choke Posted: Sat Jul 17 23:57:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Rammstein, Meshuggah, Pantera, Black Sabbath, Daft Punk, Motörhead, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Danzig, Six Feet Under, BÖHSE ONKELZ, Sepultura, Cream, Lynyrd Skynyrd.
>
>
>
>Thats a muh fuhkin start right der.

Ooo mesh perhaps you can help me. My sister gave me a green cd with no case (dont ask) and wings on it. It says 'In Loving Memory Dana' on it and i love it, but noone can tell me what it is. A friend suggested it -might- be Sepultura, does it sound familiar to you?

Mesh Posted: Sun Jul 18 00:10:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  could be. max's stepson i think, named dana, was killed.

somethin like that.

choke Posted: Sun Jul 18 01:45:37 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>could be. max's stepson i think, named dana, was killed.
>
>
>somethin like that.
>
cool thanks, ill have to get some more of their music

Mark Posted: Sun Jul 18 04:34:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>my favourites at the moment are Tool and Disturbed.
I saw Disturbed live last year. They sure give away a great show :)

libra Posted: Sun Jul 18 12:10:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The Postal Service, Death Cab for Cutie, Radiohead, Coldplay, Green Day, Nirvana, A Perfect Circle, The Strokes, The Vines, The White Stripes, Matchbook Romance, Abandoned Pools, Jimmy Eat World, Yellowcard, Something Corporate, Dashboard Confessional, Broken Social Scene, Weezer, The Black Eyed Peas, N.E.R.D...

That's me going through my cds and picking out my current favorites...But the most favorite always changes for me...so that's harder.

mat_j Posted: Sun Jul 18 15:52:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bob Dylan

iggy Posted: Sun Jul 18 22:00:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the chanz and mat j duo

Archangel Posted: Sun Jul 18 22:05:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Check out www.lobsterrecords.com, for those Pop among us, they were the first ones to sign Yellowcard before Capitol got 'em.

Check out Staring Back and Park, those are two of my favs.

Archangel Posted: Sun Jul 18 22:07:52 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I forgot to mention they always have good downloads from thier bands without any hassle.

innocenceNonus Posted: Mon Jul 19 13:37:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wow... so a bunch of us have similar tastes... which is pretty cool.

I had a kinda-crumpled Atreyu- The Curse bumper sticker... anyone want it?? I'll mail it to you. lol.

choke Posted: Tue Jul 20 00:33:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>Wow... so a bunch of us have similar tastes... which is pretty cool.
>
>I had a kinda-crumpled Atreyu- The Curse bumper sticker... anyone want it?? I'll mail it to you. lol.

yes!

DaveHill Posted: Tue Jul 20 03:56:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Jeez....

I'll just the list the bands i've currently got on my iPod :

A Perfect Circle, Aereogramme, Air, At The Drive-In, Bush, Chevelle, Christiansen, Coheed and Cambria, Coldplay, Death Cab For Cutie, Deftones, Elbow, Face Tomorrow, Far, Glassjaw, Green Lizard, Idlewild, Incubus, The Mars Volta, Muse, Nada Surf, Nirvana, Novastar, Oceansize, Poison The Well, Radiohead, Rage Against The Machine, The Revolution Smile, Rival Schools, Snow Patrol, Sonic Youth, Sophia, Sparta, Starsailor, Thursday, Tool.

Basically, i enjoy listening to both Mara and Libra :P

libra Posted: Tue Jul 20 11:37:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DaveHill said:
>Jeez....
>
>I'll just the list the bands i've currently got on my iPod :
>
>A Perfect Circle, Aereogramme, Air, At The Drive-In, Bush, Chevelle, Christiansen, Coheed and Cambria, Coldplay, Death Cab For Cutie, Deftones, Elbow, Face Tomorrow, Far, Glassjaw, Green Lizard, Idlewild, Incubus, The Mars Volta, Muse, Nada Surf, Nirvana, Novastar, Oceansize, Poison The Well, Radiohead, Rage Against The Machine, The Revolution Smile, Rival Schools, Snow Patrol, Sonic Youth, Sophia, Sparta, Starsailor, Thursday, Tool.
>
>Basically, i enjoy listening to both Mara and Libra :P

we do all like similar things, and reading yours and mara's lists reminded me of other bands i've been listening to... I've got Radiohead, Coldplay, Nada Surf, Chevelle, Idlewild, Coheed and Cambria, Taking Back Sunday...

and now i'm going to limewire the ones whose music i don't have...

FN Posted: Tue Jul 20 11:38:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't like any of those actually.

More of a techno-lover.

libra Posted: Tue Jul 20 11:57:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I don't like any of those actually.
>
>
>More of a techno-lover.

you'd get along well with my friend Erin...who has opened my closed mind to techno

FN Posted: Tue Jul 20 12:27:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, learned a few of my friends to appreciate techno as well.

It's not the crap that they play on mtv and shit like that.

DaveHill Posted: Thu Jul 22 03:31:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>we do all like similar things, and reading yours and mara's lists reminded me of other bands i've been listening to... I've got Radiohead, Coldplay, Nada Surf, Chevelle, Idlewild, Coheed and Cambria, Taking Back Sunday...
>
>and now i'm going to limewire the ones whose music i don't have...

You naughty....you know, i just bought Longwave's new Life Of The Party EP. On the back it actually fucking has the FBI logo and some lines of legal crap informing me copying,downloading etc. is prohibited etc. etc. Think someone over there at the FBI needs a long vacation.

libra Posted: Thu Jul 22 11:28:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DaveHill said:

>You naughty....you know, i just bought Longwave's new Life Of The Party EP. On the back it actually fucking has the FBI logo and some lines of legal crap informing me copying,downloading etc. is prohibited etc. etc. Think someone over there at the FBI needs a long vacation.

hehe.

I do buy a lot of actual cds. I just don't want to buy them if i'm not sure whether the money spent is going to be worth it...its like stealing a car to test drive it before buying it...

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Jul 22 20:36:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>innocenceNonus said:
>>Wow... so a bunch of us have similar tastes... which is pretty cool.
>>
>>I had a kinda-crumpled Atreyu- The Curse bumper sticker... anyone want it?? I'll mail it to you. lol.
>
>yes!

Lol. first dibs!! YES!! Address?? (I live in the States btw... -.- And in reference to being American-

Yes, I think Bush is an idiot. Yes, I dislike America's Gov. No, I don't hate living here. Yes, I am an american citizen.

In my mind, America sucks because of the government. But hey- land is land and I was born and raised here. Plus, family.

My dream place to live... an island with undiseased monkeys where I can make friends with them and live with them and eat bananas all day... That'd be rather awesome. Unfortunately, that's probably not gonna happen. Realistically, I'll be sloshed into the suburbs. -.-)

So yeah, address?? E-mail me with it or post it.

Puck Posted: Fri Jul 23 11:13:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't believe in having a fav artist (I'm moody). But, I can give and overview of my recent prefered tunes that I haven't/won't mention in the "fav lyrics/songs" post.
Ben Folds, Radiohead, VNV Nation, Neuroticfish, Local H, Weezer, Belly, Brand New, Postal Service, Nirvana, Blue October, VAST, Finger 11, Cake, Smashing Pumpkins, Gin Blossoms, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Boxcar Racer, Dashboard Confessional, Bowling for Soup, Placebo...

Only in certain moods: Marilyn Manson, Stabbing Westward, Pink Floyd, Slipknot, They Might Be Giants, Tool... I've lost interest in most older and/or heavy bands I once listened to.

Some Highlights:
Apollo 440-Don't fear the reaper
Chevelle-One lonely visitor
New order-Confusion; Elegia
Paul Simon- the sound of silence
prodigy-voodoo people

Cheating Kay
My bro got me into them and dragged me to a show of theirs...at a starbucks. I feel so dirty because of it, but it was cool. I'm not sure what to call them. Not hard, just loud at times. I prefer their slower quieter songs. Check out Sword Sword.
http://www.houseoftears.com/sound/cheating_kay/audio.HOTS004.html

elemenohpe Posted: Thu Aug 5 22:09:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I definately recommend Head Automatica, a side-project featuring Daryl from Glassjaw and Dan The Automator. Their debut album, 'Decadence', will be released August 17th and will also be made available via iTunes and other online retailers on August 10th. Check out their pureVolume site for some free MP3s. http://www.purevolume.com/headautomatica

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]