Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

please dont vote.......
simonvii Posted: Sun Aug 8 12:05:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  please dont do what all the morons i know are doing and vote kerry just because they want bush out of office - they dont even know what kerry stands for, they are simply voting AGAINST bush and not FOR anybody...how foolish is it to vote for one just because you dont like the other? what kind of country is this where we simply accept the lesser of two evils? so stupid.......


 
FN Posted: Sun Aug 8 12:08:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What kind of country is it where you can only chose between 2?


 
simonvii Posted: Sun Aug 8 12:21:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>What kind of country is it where you can only chose between 2?

exactly.......

and what kind of citizens allow it to go on?


 
Kira Posted: Sun Aug 8 12:48:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There are three candidates - at least. I don't know if the Greens have rustled up a candidate this election.

If you don't want Bush, vote for Badnarik.

Not evil at all.


 
DanSRose Posted: Sun Aug 8 16:46:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Okay, that'll work if everything was simple and equal, which it's not. Right now, we are in a situation where one evil is really really evil, and the other isn't that evil. It's moderate- not too liberal, not too conservative, just there in the middle, which is a good place. That really really evil can win and probably will if people don't realize that this really really evil has not just his own self-interest in mind, but (as White House insiders are saying) this really really evil thinks he's on a mission from God. That he's acting as the moral conscience of the world and it should bend to his will.
(There was a better source to this article, but this is the first one I found)
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4921.shtml

Yes, if things were good and the election was won by a popular vote, but they're not and it's done by the electoral system. Unfortunately, it's come down to a survival issue.


 
kurohyou Posted: Sun Aug 8 18:08:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I read in "The Onion" a couple months ago that "the vast majority of americans don't know who to vote against." Made me laugh.

This will be the first election in my 8 years of eligibility which I plan on taking part in and I must confess that it is confusing to figure out where to place your vote. And after a time it seems as though it won't do any good anyway so what is the point.

I guess what I don't understand is why there is so much vocal anamosity against our current president. I'm not saying he's done a stellar job, but I don't know that he has really done a bad job either. It seems that if you go back in history, every president we've had has not done a pefect job of doing his job.

There just seems to be so much anger and bitterness aimed at Bush, and I don't really understand why.

I agree, we need to vote for the most qualified person for the job, and if the American populus decides that it is John Kerry then Great, if they decide its George Bush then great. I don't think "anyone but Bush" is a viable canidate and will create more problems in a long run.


 
FN Posted: Sun Aug 8 18:35:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://images.indymedia.org/imc/melbourne/bushwhacked2mgjth2.mov

Pretty funny.

And yeah it's a fake I know stay cool.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Aug 8 18:43:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>What kind of country is it where you can only chose between 2?
>
It starts off with 15-20 and gets narrowed down to two.
It's a good system and has worked quite well for the last 230yrs or so.


 
FN Posted: Sun Aug 8 19:04:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, this thread proves it.


 
mat_j Posted: Sun Aug 8 20:09:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I consider myself a tactical voter, i have no party affiliation as such but I'll do anything to keep the conservative party out of my valley (which isn't hard considering there's an old saying here that says if Labour put a donkey up for election it would still get in).

However, In America right now the choice runs like this (as far as my snooping can see anyway) the entire right will vote more or less for BBQ Bush. The mods and the Liberal will divide their votes between Kerry and Badnarik. Voting Badnarik could split the vote enough for BBQ to get back into office.

My advice

DO NOT VOTE FOR BADNARIK he WON'T win. THERE IS NOT A CHANCE IN HELL OF HIM WINNING. There's a better chance of the ghost of John Quincy Adams getting in than that feller. So come election day don't waste your vote, vote for John Kerry, make the second Bush a one termer and condemn the family to history!



 
zander83 Posted: Sun Aug 8 20:13:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I kind of agree with what a canadian politician said about the recent canadian elections... he was talking about how no one wants to go vote because its demoralizing to vote for the lessor of two evils...and he made this point... if your choosing who is going to lead a country, make important decisions etc. trying to minimize evil is something fairly important... heres the thing though with the states(canada too) the party lines haven;t really changed(although i never thought id see the day a conservative would say deficits don't matter... but what the hell do i know)..

So you know what vote... even if you just want to vote for no one(write anything on the ballot etc) at least express yourself... even if its saying i don't like the candidates...


 
mat_j Posted: Sun Aug 8 20:16:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like your style Zander, i got so pissed off in recent local elections at the series of stuffed shirts they put up, i drew a line right through all the boxes and went home to drink juice. I felt good about it.


 
Asswipe Posted: Sun Aug 8 20:59:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hrmmm... i really havn't thought much about who i'm gonna vote for. I don't really care too much really as neither men are too different in their ideals.

i'm curious why everyone keeps referring to them as evil... could someone share some info on the evilness?




 
Kira Posted: Sun Aug 8 21:43:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Everyone has that wasted vote crap backwards.

Vote for someone you hate and fear? That's a waste.

It's crazy. Voting for non-people. Not-Bush. Not-Kerry. Non-votes. Lies and games that don't work.

Instant run-off voting sounds better and better all the time...


 
antartica Posted: Mon Aug 9 01:30:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  slick for president...

(those of you reading a certain comic strip regularly will know what i mean)


 
DanSRose Posted: Mon Aug 9 02:34:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In my book, if you choose not to vote, you lose your right to complain about the politics for the next 4 years. It's like not doing your jury duty, then complaining about the OJ Simpson verdict.
If you choose to remove yourself from the system, then whine that system does not respect you, you become a hypocrite and I have no repect for you.
You honestly analyze your choices, the system, and what you can do. Then you make your choice. You choose so your voice and your issues can be heard and respected. Voting for a third party in Europe or Israel is a viable and reasonable option, but here in the States, it's laughable. The third parties here in the US represent the most extreme points of both sides, sometimes at the same time even. Right now, it's a choice about what you could do to change the nation in the best possible way and unless you can actually get everyone (and I do mean everyone) from your schools to vote Green Party, it ain't happening. Anyway, Kerry appears to be the better all-around candidate, and that's why I'm voting for him.

Kerry- A moderate democrat from New England.
Bush- From the extreme right-wing flank of the Republican Party. From Texas.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Mon Aug 9 07:04:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>In my book, if you choose not to vote, you lose your right to complain about the politics for the next 4 years. It's like not doing your jury duty, then complaining about the OJ Simpson verdict.
>If you choose to remove yourself from the system, then whine that system does not respect you, you become a hypocrite and I have no repect for you.
>You honestly analyze your choices, the system, and what you can do. Then you make your choice. You choose so your voice and your issues can be heard and respected. Voting for a third party in Europe or Israel is a viable and reasonable option, but here in the States, it's laughable. The third parties here in the US represent the most extreme points of both sides, sometimes at the same time even. Right now, it's a choice about what you could do to change the nation in the best possible way and unless you can actually get everyone (and I do mean everyone) from your schools to vote Green Party, it ain't happening. Anyway, Kerry appears to be the better all-around candidate, and that's why I'm voting for him.
>
Well said !

>Kerry- A moderate democrat from New England.
>Bush- From the extreme right-wing flank of the Republican Party. From Texas.
>
Kerry moderate ?
LMAO



 
mat_j Posted: Mon Aug 9 07:11:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>Everyone has that wasted vote crap backwards.
>
>Vote for someone you hate and fear? That's a waste.
>
>It's crazy. Voting for non-people. Not-Bush. Not-Kerry. Non-votes. Lies and games that don't work.
>
>Instant run-off voting sounds better and better all the time...


By voting for Badnarik you are voting for someone you hate and fear, Li'l Georgie Bush and the GOPettes


 
mat_j Posted: Mon Aug 9 07:15:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>DanSRose said:
>>In my book, if you choose not to vote, you lose your right to complain about the politics for the next 4 years. It's like not doing your jury duty, then complaining about the OJ Simpson verdict.
>>If you choose to remove yourself from the system, then whine that system does not respect you, you become a hypocrite and I have no repect for you.
>>You honestly analyze your choices, the system, and what you can do. Then you make your choice. You choose so your voice and your issues can be heard and respected. Voting for a third party in Europe or Israel is a viable and reasonable option, but here in the States, it's laughable. The third parties here in the US represent the most extreme points of both sides, sometimes at the same time even. Right now, it's a choice about what you could do to change the nation in the best possible way and unless you can actually get everyone (and I do mean everyone) from your schools to vote Green Party, it ain't happening. Anyway, Kerry appears to be the better all-around candidate, and that's why I'm voting for him.
>>
>Well said !
>
>>Kerry- A moderate democrat from New England.
>>Bush- From the extreme right-wing flank of the Republican Party. From Texas.
>>
>Kerry moderate ?
>LMAO
>

Next to BBQ he is


 
DanSRose Posted: Mon Aug 9 11:46:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That Bush-Kerry thing was written in haste. An outline to another part, but that part was stupid. I just forgot to erase it.

Also, I have never heard of Badnarik.
.............................

Okay. Now I do. I did a quick Google search and, hey!, I've learned something. He's all over the board, leaning way right with the 2nd Amendment, and way left on others.
Actually, if, you know he was a Real player, I'd actually vote for him. He proposes crime control policies that work (some from studies from my university- Go Terps!) and pro-gay marriage.
But he's not. He's not even going to be a the debates, as of right now. I can't take him seriously.




 
DanSRose Posted: Mon Aug 9 11:49:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  How about this?

http://www.georgewbush.com/
http://www.johnkerry.com/index.html
http://www.badnarik.org/

Now, make up your mind, dammit.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Mon Aug 9 12:07:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>>
>>>Kerry- A moderate democrat from New England.
>>>Bush- From the extreme right-wing flank of the Republican Party. From Texas.
>>>
>>Kerry moderate ?
>>LMAO
>>
>
>Next to BBQ he is
>
Nah, during his tenure as a senator, his voting record is even more liberal than Ted Kennedy's.
He has voted against every single military appropriation that occurred during his tenure as a senator.
He has voted for every single tax increase that has occurred during his tenure as a senator.
He has voted against every single tax break that has occurred during his tenure as a senator.



 
FN Posted: Mon Aug 9 12:17:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah if he votes against tax breaks and for increases he must be a bad guy.

What's wrong with people, how do you think the state finances their stuff?

Over here there's a 21% tax on everything you buy (except stuff like food, that's 11%), about 40-50% of the wage is taxed as well, and about 30-35% of the profit companies make goes to the state too.


If you want tax breaks, perhaps tone down a bit on the "defence" first. Or try cutting into the social security. Lol.


 
simonvii Posted: Mon Aug 9 12:55:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>It starts off with 15-20 and gets narrowed down to two.
>It's a good system and has worked quite well for the last 230yrs or so.

whoa nelly!!!
any system of government where out of its 256 million or so "represented" adherents more than one of their presidents comes from the same family, is corrupt...damn neopotism


 
simonvii Posted: Mon Aug 9 13:00:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>In my book, if you choose not to vote, you lose your right to complain about the politics for the next 4 years.

whoa nelly!!! (again)
i dont agree with the whole system - if i felt like somebody actually represented and served my ideals like they are supposed to then maybe i wouldnt complain...its not the candidates themselves i complain about doing a bad job, its the fact that as a citizen i am only given the choice to vote for these two idiots who represent me in no way whatsoever...when these non-options are the only options I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN...ill not be one to fall in line at the illusion of representation......


 
Asswipe Posted: Mon Aug 9 15:01:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  simonvii said:
>DanSRose said:
>>In my book, if you choose not to vote, you lose your right to complain about the politics for the next 4 years.
>
>whoa nelly!!! (again)
>i dont agree with the whole system - if i felt like somebody actually represented and served my ideals like they are supposed to then maybe i wouldnt complain...its not the candidates themselves i complain about doing a bad job, its the fact that as a citizen i am only given the choice to vote for these two idiots who represent me in no way whatsoever...when these non-options are the only options I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN...ill not be one to fall in line at the illusion of representation......

what ideals do you believe in that are superb to the ones stressed under the current system? and why are they superb?


 
simonvii Posted: Wed Aug 11 12:54:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:

>what ideals do you believe in that are superb to the ones stressed under the current system? and why are they superb?

for instance - what would i rather see from the government, more money going to funding for education and improvement in terms of quality of life (aka programs and such to help people who aren't rich politicians) or millions and millions of dollars being spent on trips to take color pictures of the dirt on mars?


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]