Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

college
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Aug 11 21:07:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I was jus twondering who went to or is in college. I'm starting monday at a local cummity college and I'm nerve- wracked.

FN Posted: Wed Aug 11 21:19:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Starting in a month

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Aug 11 21:24:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Where? community or state?

dan632 Posted: Wed Aug 11 21:33:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  who took the cookies from the cookie jar?

FN Posted: Wed Aug 11 21:39:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Every school here is open for everybody.

So I'm guessing it would be state in your terms. From what I've heard in america that equals crap most of the time (relativly speaking when compared to private ones) but my sources might be wrong, so dunnow.

Very high-quality educational system over here though since every school is a state school and shitloads of money are being spent on education here (and rightfully so). It's one of the biggest state expenses.

The one I'm going to is one of the biggest/renowned schools in the country. Should be alright.

Visited it today, friendly people in a not-faked kind of way, big buildings and excellent material/computer classes and so on. Was pretty impressed.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Aug 11 21:44:34 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>The one I'm going to is one of the biggest/renowned schools in the country. Should be alright.
>
>Visited it today, friendly people in a not-faked kind of way, big buildings and excellent material/computer classes and so on. Was pretty impressed.

*Goes off to pout* Where I'm at quality in anything in the college would be laughed at at. It would be an actual expense and who would want to go to such lengths. *Hmmhp*

Kira Posted: Wed Aug 11 21:55:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I almost went once. It was an accident. Long story.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Aug 11 21:58:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>I almost went once. It was an accident. Long story.

Yeah, I know. I heard the story I believe vaguely short version.

Mesh Posted: Wed Aug 11 22:00:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Booo uni. Booooo.

The End.

Jasdev Posted: Wed Aug 11 22:19:25 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Im in college now. My 3rd day. Not too bad. My roomates forced me to drink booze. Only know a handful of people and learnin to use the pesky macs. Not too bad. Just abit boring at night when youd rather be doing something interesting.

breeze Posted: Wed Aug 11 22:38:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  starting my 5th year in fall, my final year of a 5 year program... jumped around from college to college too many times. I love school, though. It's fun.

DanSRose Posted: Thu Aug 12 00:48:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm going to be starting my senior at University of Maryland in 2 weeks.
My little tips:
Don't waste your time drinking. You waste too much time doing it. Going to the parties and clubs for the fun of it is one thing, but binge drinking is blech.
Take it slow and look at Everything, or you'll realize half way down the road all things you missed out on doing. All classes, all sports, all extra activities, Everything with a capital E.
Stay in shape. Go to the gym. Workout. Hike. Bike. Run. Walk. Jog. You'll feel better, look better, and worry less. You'll also eat less.
Don't just read books that are required. Always have an outside book on hand. That is what really makes you learn and grow.
Also, branch out. Take classes outside of your major as much as possible. If you are a comp sci/math/engineering/business, take a poly sci or lit or anthro class. Dabble in as much as possible. You enjoy your classes more and, more importantly, you enjoy yourself more.

Asswipe Posted: Thu Aug 12 01:31:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'll be a senior at a state college in NY, SUNY geneseo. it's fun, this is my first year where i'm looking forward to the classes more than the partying. don't listen to Dan, you need to experience that stuff, have fun; there really is nothing like beligerantly drunk nights romping around town.

my advice would be, and it's not advice but moreso a heads up... if you start off w/ a declared direction, w/ a major, then your course load will be far more balanced than if you go in undeclared.

Posted: Thu Aug 12 02:40:38 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  University of Windsor
Honours (Honors, for you yankees) Philosophy.

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 12 08:22:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If by college you mean university yes, yes i have been and i enjoyed every bloody minute of it ;-)

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 12 08:33:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>University of Windsor
>Honours (Honors, for you yankees) Philosophy.

hmmm poofter eh?

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 12 08:34:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nah i'm only kidding, that was rude.

jennemmer Posted: Thu Aug 12 11:04:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Finished 5 years of university (no private institutions here) and, being the glutton for punishment I am I'm back again for courses as of Sept 9th. Grad school this time though.

Only difference thus far: getting asked to call all my professors by their first name and get invited to the departmental halloween/christmas/etc. parties.

Sounds like a good upgrade to me ;)

booby-trap Posted: Thu Aug 12 11:39:53 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  is anyone studyin scandinavian languages? ill be at the univ this fall

libra Posted: Fri Aug 13 21:23:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Every school here is open for everybody.
>
>So I'm guessing it would be state in your terms. From what I've heard in america that equals crap most of the time (relativly speaking when compared to private ones) but my sources might be wrong, so dunnow.
>

That's not quite true, and i'm not trying to defend state schools cause i'll most likely be going to one. There are some bad state schools, i'm sure, just like there are bad private schools. In california there are a TON of state schools, and a lot of them are really really good.

cajnpalt Posted: Mon Aug 16 14:45:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I went to community college (south mountain community, maricopa community college district...the biggest community college district in the US)
I got my Associate's degree in Civil Engineering.

Then I made the *mistake* of attending Arizona State University and earned my Bachelor's degree in Justice Studies.

I agree with Libra...you have to do much research into schools. You'd be surprised with the education you'd get from a smaller school or a state school.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]