Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Bible Belt
harlot Posted: Sun Aug 15 23:54:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I hate where I live, and I'm going to complain by giving this link so you can see my everyday hell, where culture makes no impact.

enjoy our trip to the, sound effects please...Bible Belt.

harlot Posted: Sun Aug 15 23:56:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  whoops forgot the address
here:
http://lubbockonline.com/stories/081404/loc_0814040038.shtml

innocenceNonus Posted: Mon Aug 16 00:31:39 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't understand... Your area seems normal.

In mine, whores go to the local MEGAchurch dressed in tube tops, skimpy skirts, and fake tans. Everyone is middle class if not upper middle class or high class. I live in the land of country club Hell.

Wanna know how much my area sucks?

My church has automated paper towel dispensers, a track, soccer fields, a dance room, a basketball court, showers, and self-foaming soap dispensers.

I like the church because it has good programs, but the materialism is ridiculous in my area. We have a couple of PS2s just lying around in the Youth House. Everyone here is Molly Ringwald in Breakfast Club. Everyone here has Daddy's money. The few kids that don't are the outcasts, or the ones that don't say anything.

A very conservative area whose new generation likes to vandalize public property for fun. Kids who pick on the special education students. Kids who drive around in their SUVs, Jeeps, and convertibles.

These kids- they commit sexual harassment. But as long as they're on the football team, the school officials either turn a blind eye or pass it off as harassment- something they only get ISS for.

Trust me- there are several areas FAR worse in the US than yours. You may live in the Bible Belt, but I live in the richest, most materialistic suburbian Hell out there. The land of American Dreams Come True... And country club cults.

Come visit my area- 23 TOTAL black kids in the school f 2500+. Majority white. The top minorities in my school?? Jewish (if that even COUNTS) and Eastern Asian. No filipinos or Thai kids or Laotians. Just about that many blacks.

DanSRose Posted: Mon Aug 16 04:24:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Jewish does count, especially in your area, which as WASP-y as they come (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant). Areas like isolate and torment any outsider, and we Jews are always convinient.

FN Posted: Mon Aug 16 08:16:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Haha, see, nobody, really, nobody, would ever call something "a pagan sculpture" over here for real and actually make a fuss about it.

How an industrialised country can still be in the middle ages regarding some aspects of life is beyond me.

libra Posted: Mon Aug 16 09:29:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm so glad I live where i do.

harlot Posted: Mon Aug 16 10:15:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh innocenceNonus, you just described a very large chunk of Lubbock. Especially my neighborhood. The area where I live has thins thing called UNIT yard of the month, given to the nicest kept lawn and garden etc. Well nobody works on thier lawn themselves, the pay to have it done, but all the credit goes to the home owner rather than the company that does the lawn. Also your whole thing about school, and the lack of minorties also hits close... my elementry had 2 black people and 5 mexican, and until i was in 7th grade I never saw an Asian person except on tv. We share the same hell...

DanSRose Posted: Mon Aug 16 11:10:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You act like this is a unique hell. This hell is Middle America.
I thank God every day that I was born and raised in NYC, where it happens just the same but everyone acknowledges it and makes it change as a living breathing organism of the region at large. Also, there are a lot more organisms than just this.

Nikki Posted: Mon Aug 16 11:53:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  blah blah blah blah new york city...blah blah blah blah

Nikki Posted: Mon Aug 16 11:54:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  harlot said:
>I hate where I live, and I'm going to complain by giving this link so you can see my everyday hell, where culture makes no impact.
>
>enjoy our trip to the, sound effects please...Bible Belt.

yes...I guess you're saying, you find it hard to be gay???

Nikki Posted: Mon Aug 16 11:55:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
the richest, most materialistic suburbian Hell out there. The land of American Dreams Come True... And country club cults.
>
>Come visit my area- 23 TOTAL black kids in the school f 2500+. Majority white. The top minorities in my school?? Jewish (if that even COUNTS) and Eastern Asian. No filipinos or Thai kids or Laotians. Just about that many blacks.

are you saying "look at me! I'm rich, but I'm also Jewish?"

mat_j Posted: Mon Aug 16 12:07:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Crazy neo Rome

harlot Posted: Mon Aug 16 13:49:49 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nah nikki, i'm straight, except when i have too many drinks in me, but then again, everyone kinda wavers at that point. Although if any of you are MTV watchers, about 2 years ago they did come and see us to help with the sex problem in Lubbock. We had our own little 2 hour special because we have the highest STD and teen pregnancy rate in Texas, as well as some other larger cities. Yeah, i'm not saying that as if i'm proud but hey, it's where Buddy Holly came from. Here where I live, when we had sex ed, they could not mention condoms, birth control, or lubricant type stuff because our school system only believes in abstenence because the bible says so.

innocenceNonus Posted: Mon Aug 16 18:36:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>are you saying "look at me! I'm rich, but I'm also Jewish?"

Actually, we're over 7,000 dollars in debt, I'm Asian, and Protestant. I don't have a car, my dad's close to losing his job because his company any day might go under, and I have to listen to kids my age complain about not being allowed to party on weekends and their boyfriends taking advantage of their sluttiness.

You don't pay attention to my other posts, do you??

innocenceNonus Posted: Mon Aug 16 18:38:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  harlot said:
>Oh innocenceNonus, you just described a very large chunk of Lubbock... We share the same hell...

Lol. Actually, I found out one thing. I'm in GA- the nice southern heart of the Bible Belt. No wonder everywhere I turn, there's bound to be a bunch of conservatives.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just a little desettling... the lack of diversity.

So is it ANY mystery why I wanna go to school on the West Coast??

Asswipe Posted: Tue Aug 17 01:42:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  but all in all, everywhere serves the magical cheesy gordita chrunch.

Nikki Posted: Tue Aug 17 07:26:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>Nikki said:
>>are you saying "look at me! I'm rich, but I'm also Jewish?"
>
>
>You don't pay attention to my other posts, do you??

Not yet...:-) but I well

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]