Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

book that kerry wrote
simonvii Posted: Mon Aug 23 16:58:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kerry wrote a book in the 70's called (i believe) "the new soldier", the cover of which displays an upside-down US flag and a mock picture of the raising of the flag at iwo jima...supposedly the book heavily criticizes the american military and kerry's fellow soldiers, whom he claims to have served with so honorably...anyway apparently the book is out of print and the only way to get a copy is on ebay for like $1000.00, and even though john o'neill and his publisher offered to reprint the book - they were denied. why? because if anyone in present-day america saw kerry's real lack of respect and regard for our troops then, at a time he claimed them as comrades, there would be no denying his lack of true commitment to them now or in the future...
as a side note, john o'neill just wrote a book with 60 other vets who served with kerry called "unfit for command", where many of kerrys claims are exposed as either half-truths or just blatant lies...anyone who thinks they're on some secret agreement with bush listen to this: all of the authors proceeds from the book go to charity to support the families of military personell overseas...so these vets have nothing to gain except retribution for kerry smearing their name in the mud for political gain...

DanSRose Posted: Tue Aug 24 00:59:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *yawn*
I'm becoming disappointed in this season of Six Feet Under. Alan Ball should put down the pot and start writing non-crappy stuff.

DanSRose Posted: Tue Aug 24 01:03:57 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That's to make a point, you know, that there are other things out there that can and do drive the world.
Literature, entertainment, art, philosophy, travel, nature, meteor showers, world wide epidemics, new recipes.
I'd love to show a few people a new piece I'm working on. A short little one, a detective in a confessional.
But no.

Zacq Posted: Sat Aug 28 18:38:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think Kerry doesn't want the book out because he said many things that horribly, were true, and as the American public in general doesn't know them or chooses to ignore them, it would not be in his best interest to be knwon as saying them.

The country has basically gotten to a point where no politician can criticize any soldier without losing their position, even when they're telling the truth.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Aug 28 19:07:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:
>I think Kerry doesn't want the book out because he said many things that horribly, were true, and as the American public in general doesn't know them or chooses to ignore them, it would not be in his best interest to be knwon as saying them.
>
Yeah, that's it, Kerry wants to protect his fellow countrymen from the awful truth.
Do you realize how stupid that sounds ?

Zacq Posted: Sat Aug 28 19:21:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Yeah, that's it, Kerry wants to protect his fellow countrymen from the awful truth.
>Do you realize how stupid that sounds ?

Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Sorry, little programming joke. Anyway, and it's sad I have to clarify, if people found out what Kerry said, they would think it to be untrue and Kerry a horrible person because this country has become one where any attack against any soldier is not tolerated.

Zacq Posted: Sat Aug 28 19:31:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:

> Yes, that's exactly what I said.

That was unexpected. I had a little programming joke as I mentioned right after, but it got taken out - but when I just went to quote myself, I could see it. Cool. Ignore that, by the way.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]