Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

US Election 2004
innocenceNonus Posted: Tue Aug 24 21:33:12 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just curious, are YOU (reader) planning to vote by way of "lesser-of-the-two-evils" or actually by "i-like-the-man-and-think-he'd-make-a-good-president" ?


 
ifihadahif Posted: Tue Aug 24 21:56:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>Just curious, are YOU (reader) planning to vote by way of "lesser-of-the-two-evils" or actually by "i-like-the-man-and-think-he'd-make-a-good-president" ?
>
Why not "I like the man and think that he's already been a good president" ?


 
Kira Posted: Tue Aug 24 22:00:35 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The second one.


 
Zacq Posted: Tue Aug 24 22:04:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>innocenceNonus said:
>>Just curious, are YOU (reader) planning to vote by way of "lesser-of-the-two-evils" or actually by "i-like-the-man-and-think-he'd-make-a-good-president" ?
>>
>Why not "I like the man and think that he's already been a good president" ?

Do you have to be so argumentative?


 
innocenceNonus Posted: Tue Aug 24 22:44:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>innocenceNonus said:
>>Just curious, are YOU (reader) planning to vote by way of "lesser-of-the-two-evils" or actually by "i-like-the-man-and-think-he'd-make-a-good-president" ?
>>
>Why not "I like the man and think that he's already been a good president" ?

Well, "he'd-make-a-good-president" can go either way. It's pretty neutral. If you really wanna be a stickler it can be, "I-like-the-man-and-think-he'd-be-a-good-president-next-term."

But saying "he's already been a good president" implies what candidate you're voting for. And that wasn't what I was trying to find out... lol. I'm trying to maintain SOME sort of anonymity... at least for your choice.


 
Zacq Posted: Tue Aug 24 23:21:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If I could, I would for Jon Stewart for president, because he is easily one of the smartest, most well-informed people I've ever seen. However, I'd have to settle with Kerry, because he went on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.


 
DanSRose Posted: Tue Aug 24 23:40:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm voting for Kerry because I support his issues.


 
Zacq Posted: Wed Aug 25 00:13:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well I would vote for him on is environmental policies alone, because above all else it is important that we provide future generations with, well, a place to live.


 
libra Posted: Wed Aug 25 02:15:09 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the lesser of two evils. Kerry.

Bush is, to me, entirely terrifying. It stuns me every day that that moron actually is our president. It shouldn't though, seeing as I've never really had much faith in the human race. But I guess this is a new low.


 
dan632 Posted: Wed Aug 25 03:42:44 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Vote for Daniel, President in 2004/2005.


 
Zacq Posted: Wed Aug 25 10:21:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So did anyone see John Kerry on the Daily Show last night?


 
casper Posted: Wed Aug 25 11:06:32 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>I'm voting for Kerry because I support his issues.

which ones? it seems to me his issues just happen to coincide with everyone he comes in contact with...


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 25 14:24:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>DanSRose said:
>>I'm voting for Kerry because I support his issues.
>
>which ones? it seems to me his issues just happen to coincide with everyone he comes in contact with...
.
Must have been when he was for the war before he was against it eh ?


 
zander83 Posted: Wed Aug 25 22:06:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So did anyone see John Kerry on the Daily Show last night?

Yeah I saw it... I don't think i ever saw a more wooden performance on the daily show ever...

if i were to vote in the states(im not a US citizen) i don't know who i'd vote for... i honestly don't care about alot of the issues... the only im interested in is the economic issues(i.e. deficits, social security solvency, medicaid and medicare solvency and taxes). I could never ever vote for someone who supports deficits... of course both candidates would have a deficit.. so i'd vote bush since if im going to suffer the deficit might as well have my tax cuts(i'm speaking as if i were an american...)


 
FN Posted: Wed Aug 25 22:34:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A deficit isn't always bad, it keeps intrest rates low, good if you need a loan.


 
Zacq Posted: Thu Aug 26 09:12:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  zander83 said:
>so i'd vote bush since if im going to suffer the deficit might as well have my tax cuts(i'm speaking as if i were an american...)

Um, yeah, if you were an American you'd know that you'd do much better off with John Kerry. Unless of course you're in a family that makes over 200,000, in which case I don't think you'd have much of a right to complain.


 
casper Posted: Thu Aug 26 09:40:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:
>zander83 said:
>>so i'd vote bush since if im going to suffer the deficit might as well have my tax cuts(i'm speaking as if i were an american...)
>
>Um, yeah, if you were an American you'd know that you'd do much better off with John Kerry. Unless of course you're in a family that makes over 200,000, in which case I don't think you'd have much of a right to complain.

lol...i must not be an american then since i don't know that ;) i've gotten higher pay raises ever since bush came into office (clinton started the raises but the benifits programs are better under bush) but that's just my corner of the world...but i assure you i don't make anywhere near 200 grand a year :) (i don't think i've made 200 grand in my lifetime ;))


 
ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 26 11:28:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:
>zander83 said:
>>so i'd vote bush since if im going to suffer the deficit might as well have my tax cuts(i'm speaking as if i were an american...)
>
>Um, yeah, if you were an American you'd know that you'd do much better off with John Kerry. Unless of course you're in a family that makes over 200,000, in which case I don't think you'd have much of a right to complain.
>
You have no idea what you're talking about. The rich still pay all the bills here. They pay 65% of all taxes paid.
Bush's tax cuts put money back in my pocket and Kerry will only raise taxes.


 
FN Posted: Thu Aug 26 15:26:06 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What good are tax cuts if you don't have any good social security


 
Mouse Posted: Thu Aug 26 15:52:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm still on the fence.


 
casper Posted: Thu Aug 26 15:54:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>What good are tax cuts if you don't have any good social security

who doesn't have social security? people have been complaining about our social security ending since i began working 11 years ago....it's still kickin...and if you take that money you are saving in taxes and put it in investments then you are just that much better off


 
casper Posted: Thu Aug 26 15:54:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>I'm still on the fence.

say hi to kerry for me while you are there :)


 
ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 26 16:19:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>Mouse said:
>>I'm still on the fence.
>
>say hi to kerry for me while you are there :)
>
LMAO


 
Mouse Posted: Thu Aug 26 16:57:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>Mouse said:
>>I'm still on the fence.
>
>say hi to kerry for me while you are there :)

I'll do that, casper. :) Shall I give your regards to Michael Badnarik as well?


 
casper Posted: Thu Aug 26 16:58:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>casper said:
>>Mouse said:
>>>I'm still on the fence.
>>
>>say hi to kerry for me while you are there :)
>
>I'll do that, casper. :) Shall I give your regards to Michael Badnarik as well?

nah...it'd take too much effort to yell that far into left field from where you are sittin ;)


 
casper Posted: Thu Aug 26 17:11:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>Mouse said:
>>casper said:
>>>Mouse said:
>>>>I'm still on the fence.
>>>
>>>say hi to kerry for me while you are there :)
>>
>>I'll do that, casper. :) Shall I give your regards to Michael Badnarik as well?
>
>nah...it'd take too much effort to yell that far into left field from where you are sittin ;)

i'm just kidding by the way...to tell the truth i havn't bothered to follow his views seeing as how his chances of winning are just slightly higher than mine :)


 
Zacq Posted: Fri Aug 27 15:54:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Bush's tax cuts put money back in my pocket and Kerry will only raise taxes.

Where exactly have you heard evidence Kerry is going to raise taxes?


 
innocenceNonus Posted: Sat Aug 28 20:13:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've heard evidence that if Bush is elected, we get a nice little draft. And several other things that won't make anyone happy. (Can't remember them all, but I do remember the draft part. And frankly, I don't want any of my friends dying.)

Taxes don't bother me as much as a draft does.


 
casper Posted: Mon Aug 30 09:14:28 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>I've heard evidence that if Bush is elected, we get a nice little draft. And several other things that won't make anyone happy. (Can't remember them all, but I do remember the draft part. And frankly, I don't want any of my friends dying.)
>
>Taxes don't bother me as much as a draft does.

there's no need for a draft. first of all nobody in the military wants a draft because personally i don't want anybody watching my back that didn't volunteer for that shit. secondly when the shit hits the fan plenty of people will volunteer. look into how many people joined the military right after 9/11. all that draft talk is just propoganda and rumors


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]