Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Question for all
casper Posted: Fri Aug 27 17:07:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ok...enough about this trivial crap like who's going to be running the country for the next 4 years I have a real problem. A friend of mine owed me money which she didn't have, so she gave me an old VW Beetle instead ('70) the thing is both pans are rusted out as well as the heater channels. So here is my question (I know NOTHING about cars by the way) does anybody know if a)it's worth the money to fix and b)how much should I be charged to get it fixed. I just know I'd take it to a body work place and get completely ripped off because I have no clue what would be a decent price. anybody? anybody? :)

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Aug 27 18:24:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>ok...enough about this trivial crap like who's going to be running the country for the next 4 years I have a real problem. A friend of mine owed me money which she didn't have, so she gave me an old VW Beetle instead ('70) the thing is both pans are rusted out as well as the heater channels. So here is my question (I know NOTHING about cars by the way) does anybody know if a)it's worth the money to fix and b)how much should I be charged to get it fixed. I just know I'd take it to a body work place and get completely ripped off because I have no clue what would be a decent price. anybody? anybody? :)
>
If it runs ok, then it's probably worth fixing. Find someone who has a body shop at home and get him to do it.
There's plenty of those guys around. Just make sure you see some of his work before you let him work on your car. old vw beetles are worth fixing.
Is it a super beetle ?

DanSRose Posted: Fri Aug 27 18:38:01 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sell it on eBay. They'll buy anythnig there.

Mesh Posted: Fri Aug 27 18:48:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  True. I saw a half eaten turkey sub from Subway for sale on there once. And someone bought it.

Puck Posted: Fri Aug 27 20:55:43 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I saw a half eaten turkey sub from Subway for sale on there once. And someone bought it.

It was worth it.

casper Posted: Sat Aug 28 14:30:11 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  nope...not a super :)

and thanks for buying that sandwich puck...it helped put my kids thru college

Puck Posted: Sat Aug 28 14:36:10 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>and thanks for buying that sandwich puck...it helped put my kids thru college

Anytime you have leftovers from a meal, send'em my way. I'll put your grandkids through college too.

antartica Posted: Sat Aug 28 17:07:22 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey casper. go for it dood!
if i could i'd love to get an old VW Kombi!

Cytherean Posted: Sun Aug 29 00:49:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I say, strip it down, hawk the parts, and buy yourself somethin' nice.

Mesh Posted: Sun Aug 29 01:45:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sell drugs.

FN Posted: Sun Aug 29 06:24:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Don't know much about cars but I do know there are a lot of people who would pay big money for a classic. The longer you keep it the higher the price will go.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]