Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Favourite Food
CorDrine Posted: Tue Sep 7 00:31:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When you were young, say 5, 6 years old? What was your favourite food or drink? Do you still like them now?

Ever eaten your favourite so much that you threw up and now never touch it?

CorDrine Posted: Tue Sep 7 00:35:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The reason I'm asking is because I am very deprive of my favourite food right now --> EGGS! due to some bird flu scare in the region :( I realize I have gone a week without my protein source, and its driving me mad!

When I was a kid, I love fried eggs with cheese! Or fried eggs with soya sauce. Basically, just fried eggs. When I can't have that, boil eggs, steam eggs, and almost any eggs will do (except century eggs)

Favourite drink --> ribena!

And food I've eaten till I was sick? Chocolate ice cream with banana. Durians. And Fried Koay Teow. I still eat them today though.

Dancer Posted: Tue Sep 7 01:02:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i remembered when i was little, i eat this donut from Kingston everyday, on my way to kindergarten. and i love drinking vitagen! don't miss them though..guess my tastes have evolved.. however i missed Klim powdered milk. i think it has been taken off the shelves.

oh yes, and i so miss the eggs! instant noodles don't taste the same anymore!

and i swore never never ever to touch long island from zouk anymore. it's a nightmare.

CorDrine Posted: Tue Sep 7 01:07:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dancer said:
>i missed Klim powdered milk. i think it has been taken off the shelves.
>
Oh man! I hate Klim! My mum never disolve it properly for me! There's always little ball of powder milk in my milk! P-ui! Hate it! Hated milk when I was a kid! But I love fresh milk now

>oh yes, and i so miss the eggs! instant noodles don't taste the same anymore!
>
Yeah man, love those noddles still!

Kira Posted: Tue Sep 7 01:09:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  French-cut potato fries. Yes. No.

Eggs are one of those things I'm not too fond of, but eat anyway. I had boiled duck eggs with Mouse once and loved them. My favorite eggs are the Cadbury (Cadberry?) mini kind. ;)

libra Posted: Tue Sep 7 02:33:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  French Fries and chocolate. Mmm. I also love peaches.

I like bready things...i love good french bread, muffins, croissants, cake, brownies...those kinds of things. They're my weakness.

I don't remember what i liked the most as a kid. i remember liking fruity candy a lot more back then, but now its not worth it unless its chocolate.

webmaster Posted: Tue Sep 7 03:06:15 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Rowntrees Jelly Tots. Very difficult to find them here in Singapore now.

girl Posted: Tue Sep 7 04:14:27 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  spaghetti bolognaise was my favourite as a kid
and i still love it now

choke Posted: Tue Sep 7 06:06:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  cheeseburgers, lemon meringue pie, popcorn chicken, subway cookies, and lollies. Always lollies.

choke Posted: Tue Sep 7 06:08:54 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oops i thought it was favourite foods now :P

As a kid, lollies. That's about it. I got tested for diabetes every 3months, because of the suspicious lolly consumption :P

Drink? Hmmm. Was milo, then I spewed it up once and the milk had seperated from the milo and it came out in white lumps and brown water. Never again.

iggy Posted: Tue Sep 7 06:29:03 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  junk-fucking-food....

health bloody authorities lies...

live to eat!

Mouse Posted: Tue Sep 7 10:45:19 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>French-cut potato fries. Yes. No.
>
>Eggs are one of those things I'm not too fond of, but eat anyway. I had boiled duck eggs with Mouse once and loved them. My favorite eggs are the Cadbury (Cadberry?) mini kind. ;)

I miss my ducks, their eggs tasted better than chickens and they weren't as mean, I'll have to get more of them next spring.

I was racking my brain for this one but I finally remembered one of my favorite foods. Jerusalem artichokes, we grew them in our garden. I haven't had access to them since we left that house. I don't remember anything else in particular but I'm sure there were a lot of different things, my mom was a great cook.

erikagm Posted: Tue Sep 7 10:52:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I used to love sunny-side-up eggs as a kid... then got hepatitis from eating bad molluscs and was forbidden to eat them. I craved them so! Then, when I was better, I tried them and hated them... yech

To drink, I think it was rice water... You know, the kind where you soften rice in water and then blend it with evaporated and condensed milk, with lots of cinnamon. Had too much as a kid though, and hate it now.

I also used to love this nestle powdered cereal called "cerelac" here in mexico. They had discontinued it, then they brought it out again, but it's more like flakes instead of powder now... And doesnt taste the same...

And I cant believe I'm hearing someone from the other side of the world talk about milo... It's been discontinued here for a while now, but I still remember it...

sweet p Posted: Tue Sep 7 11:57:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:
>"cerelac"

*gasp*
CERELAC!

They totally ruined it now.

Is your rice water the same as arroz con leche? I love that stuff too.

erikagm Posted: Tue Sep 7 12:10:23 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nope, arroz con leche is a dessert, kind of like a pudding... it tastes pretty similar though, now that you mention it, but rice water is basically the following

You let a cup of rice soak overnight in water or milk.
Next day, you blend it with a can of condensed milk, a can of evaporated milk, cinammon, and more water til it has a watery consistency. Add sugar to personal liking.

that's it, for the most part...

erikagm Posted: Tue Sep 7 12:11:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>*gasp*
>CERELAC!
>
>They totally ruined it now.

Yeah, I agree with you, although I'm surprised someone else knows it! Hehehe

I used to eat it by the spoonfuls, without milk... I could eat a whole can of the stuff in one sitting...

Ah... The good ol' days...

Mark Posted: Tue Sep 7 16:09:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  As a kid I used to eat candy called "spekkies", I have know idea what to call them in English... Anyway,ate it too much once, became sick of it and today I still can't eat them.

trogdor57 Posted: Tue Sep 7 21:54:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Tacos... always has been, still is. MMMMMM..... Could go for some right now....

Dancer Posted: Tue Sep 7 22:13:42 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CorDrine said:
My mum never disolve it properly for me! There's always little ball of powder milk in my milk!

haha exactly why i like Klim!

antartica Posted: Tue Sep 7 22:32:07 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  tequila

sweet p Posted: Tue Sep 7 23:46:45 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:
>although I'm surprised someone else knows it! Hehehe

My family is Ecuadorian...I grew up on that stuff : ) We used to be able to buy it here in a small area of Toronto called Kensington Market [one of my favourite places]. They now sell the new stuff but it's just not the same.

And of course I know what arroz con leche is! I just never heard of the rice water...I'm gonna ask my grandma : )

erikagm Posted: Wed Sep 8 10:39:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:

>And of course I know what arroz con leche is! I just never heard of the rice water...I'm gonna ask my grandma : )

They call it either "agua de arroz" or "agua de horchata"... ask her about those... hehehehe

addi Posted: Wed Sep 8 14:18:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  for breakfast I loved hot chocolate with buttered toast that I would dunk in the chocolate. I made me the man I am today : )

for lunch I remember loving my mother's home made macaroni and cheese (not from a box). I still make it.

GT poll
Have you ever experienced a hurricane or orgasm?

sweet p Posted: Wed Sep 8 14:37:05 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:

>They call it either "agua de arroz" or "agua de horchata"... ask her about those... hehehehe

K, I will!
Unfortunately, Hurricane Frances is trying to blow her and my grandpa away so I have to wait til they get back to Toronto...stupid storm. [Though, I actually really like storms...but when they aren't holding my family hostage].

addison said:
>hot chocolate with buttered toast that I would dunk in the chocolate.

SO delicious.
My grandma also used to give me a small cup of cafe au lait and that was even better than the hot chocolate.

mat_j Posted: Wed Sep 8 19:19:29 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Anybody ever have Farley's Rusks or was that a UK thing, those things with milk were the bomb, I think McVities or one of the other Biscuit Nazis have robbed them now and reports from a ladyfriend of mine clainm they're not a shadow on what they were.

One thing i've noticed about this thread is people are saying that things now are not as good, i wonder how true that is. Is it because certain ingredients are not used anymore due to distribution changes or banning under hygiene laws.

Maybe it's because like me you can taste anymore due to excess consumption of various adult beverages and non candy based cigarettes??

Gee i missed steamed pies, i don't think cafes in this country are allowed to make em any more, steamed pies were gorgeous

hey addi did you ever try mammoth?

Kira Posted: Wed Sep 8 20:14:46 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I loved those candy cigarettes. And I didn't grow up to be a chain smoker, so fearmonger legislation addicts can shove it...

mat_j Posted: Wed Sep 8 20:33:56 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>I loved those candy cigarettes. And I didn't grow up to be a chain smoker, so fearmonger legislation addicts can shove it...

Ironically enough i was never keen on em and i am

spooky eh!

addi Posted: Wed Sep 8 22:21:50 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>hey addi did you ever try mammoth?

hey mattie_j you mean the stuff that fell from heaven to the wandering Israelites?

hey mattie_j...you complete me : )

*everytime I look at the banjo pic I smile

mat_j Posted: Wed Sep 8 22:35:47 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>mat_j said:
>
>>hey addi did you ever try mammoth?
>
>
>hey mattie_j you mean the stuff that fell from heaven to the wandering Israelites?
>
>
>hey mattie_j...you complete me : )
>
>
>*everytime I look at the banjo pic I smile

Note how i have semi long girl hair in the pic too, all this time ribbing you and i was in the same boat!!!

Actually i haven't had long hair now for a while but eh!

Mouse Posted: Thu Sep 9 00:47:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>I loved those candy cigarettes. And I didn't grow up to be a chain smoker, so fearmonger legislation addicts can shove it...

I've never even seen a candy cigarette. o_o
Now I want sugar, consarn it! Bad Mouse.

When I was little I used to dig up wild carrots and pick wild strawberries, play under thickets and splash in streams. God I miss being a child. *sigh*

Mesh Posted: Thu Sep 9 01:21:04 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cocaine mixed with pixie dust and the magic coo coo.

addi Posted: Thu Sep 9 07:46:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>Note how i have semi long girl hair in the pic too, all this time ribbing you and i was in the same boat!!!

lol

Arnold would call us girlie men

I still keep mine fairly long. I have a few gray ones popping in, but for the most part my hair is still light brown and as plentiful as when I was a teen. Thank god. It's the one physical characteristic I admit I'm vain about.

I cut it short once, but immediately started thinking like a republican, which scared the shit out of me, so I will always keep it long from now on.

*Plus, like Samson, it's the source of my secret sexual powers. So secret that nobody knows about them... including me.

Keep strumming your banjo friend : )

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]