Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Thinking Spots
Cytherean Posted: Wed Sep 8 22:38:40 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think best when I'm mowing the lawn and taking a dump.

Where does most of your thinking take place?

iggy Posted: Wed Sep 8 23:45:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  there's a little spot in my room where i sit and just think and smoke. that's my little thinking spot.

i think of my concepts and ideas for work while i drive...

and there's a couch in my office where we just sit and talk and think of ideas...

Rei_Dentrick Posted: Thu Sep 9 00:02:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The shower is for considering things that I want to write about.

Kira Posted: Thu Sep 9 00:29:18 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LA Road and the shower... which is why I play music in the shower to distract my brain, so I don't run out of hot water before I can even cream-rinse. :P

jennemmer Posted: Thu Sep 9 00:33:00 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I tend to think best about tough stuff when walking, something about the forward momentum of my feet helps my brain.

Mesh Posted: Thu Sep 9 01:26:51 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The shower.

the kitchen floor.

kurohyou Posted: Thu Sep 9 01:29:55 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Driving, though I should be paying more attention. Considering that I hit a median last week because I wasn't paying attention. Blew out my tire, fracked the crap out my rim and my alignment is all fracked up.

Sometimes in the shower, but not too often.

libra Posted: Thu Sep 9 02:15:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Shower or lying in bed before i fall asleep. Most of the time i come up with ideas for english essays, etc, when i'm in the shower or laying in bed. Then i forget them by the time i get out or wake up or whatever.

DanSRose Posted: Thu Sep 9 02:31:21 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The shower- it's big and it helps when I need to pace.
The general road- driving always helps.
Outside the campus chapel- the view is amazing and I can pace around it.
The track- for pacing.
Against my bed with a rubber/tennis ball- the bouncing helps.
In a local coffee shop and another that is in Annapolis, over looking the bay- very inspirational, like the chapel.

DanSRose Posted: Thu Sep 9 02:41:13 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And the pool too- swimming helps to an unbelievable degree. Let your mind swim.

"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming..."

Mark Posted: Thu Sep 9 03:32:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When sitting relaxed in the train or when walking

Dancer Posted: Thu Sep 9 06:28:24 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In the train when i go work and off work. either that, or in my bathroom when i shit.

mat_j Posted: Thu Sep 9 06:36:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The can is a popular option for me too, i can spend hours in there, my family know when i'm about to have a bath now as i take at least three books (of differening genre), a note pad, an assortment of pens (so i don't get bored with one type) usually a copy of EMPIRE/ Sight and sound magazine and if i can my sisters little radio CD player and Puccini, theolonius monk, Dylan, Tom Waits or Pogues CDs with me.

talking to my pal Jasco is good fo0r ideas too cause we'll both criticse each other as equally as praise

My room obviously as it is the hub of devious schemes

The train and just wandering around the city in general

Posted: Thu Sep 9 14:19:16 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  daydreaming waiting for my next class to start at the university, or during office hours where nobody comes to visit me.

Nikki Posted: Thu Sep 9 14:20:36 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :-(

FN Posted: Thu Sep 9 14:41:41 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I do a lot of thinking in my bath and my bed and during nightly walks on my own.

FN Posted: Thu Sep 9 14:53:26 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Some fun facts:

During those walks I have been attacked by 3 different dogs in the last month alone.

choke Posted: Thu Sep 9 16:17:31 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Some fun facts:
>
>During those walks I have been attacked by 3 different dogs in the last month alone.

I used to do a paper run, kick them in the jaw and they'll never bite anyone again.

I think in my room, because my room is me. I can't imagine it being any different, and I can't understand how people can live in a room they have put no influence on.

I also think when I'm outside, I'll just sit down on a bench and watch things happen around me

Spee Posted: Thu Sep 9 16:56:58 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The best ideas and thoughts come to me when walking, and the worst in bed at night.

Kira Posted: Thu Sep 9 18:29:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I got bitten by a dog on my bike once, by sneak-attack. Little runt continued to threaten me as I tried to turn back and its owners looked on from their lawnchairs. Morons never did pay my medical bill!

I forgot the bed thing. I'll sometimes keep myself up for hours from thinking too hard, hehe.

Aeon Posted: Thu Sep 9 19:56:30 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think best in my car or when I'm completely alone. Which rarely happens now except when I go off for a drive by meself.

Aeon

CorDrine Posted: Thu Sep 9 20:58:02 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Long walks.
And by the sea side with the wind in my face.

jasco1982_2000 Posted: Thu Sep 9 21:00:08 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

talking to my pal Jasco is good fo0r ideas too cause we'll both criticse each other as equally as praise

Thanks dude... Its good we can help each other out and I am itching to read your new script. PS read the rest of NDE this weekend when I am at my dads. Doing my civic duties.

For me the best times for thinking is when I am walking. As Jennemmer said earlier it is something about the forward momentum that gets the brain ticking.

I seem to seep into a daydream and think of ideas for stuff weather it is writings or adventures or people when I am walking. It is a sure way of getting to my destination without hastle. However my time getting there is alway doubled. As a result I am always l8 for things.

My room is another place where I like to sit and think about things. Especially the one in my parents house as opposed to the one I have in uni. Probably cos there is less hustle and bustle going on.

My garden is another. From my garden perch I can see the mountains in all their beuty surrounding the valley in which I live. (As long as some punk kids havent burned them). The mountains have always been a place of beuty mystery and wonder for me since I was a child.

FN Posted: Thu Sep 9 21:25:33 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>I got bitten by a dog on my bike once, by sneak-attack. Little runt continued to threaten me as I tried to turn back and its owners looked on from their lawnchairs.

Yeah well it was around 2-3 in the morning yesterday and I just left a friend's house but there's an empty patch of land in front of his house and I heard some dogs barking and saw 2 of them running towards me from out of the dark and barking at me and biting/threatening me. 2 other guys that left along with me were about 2-3 metres behind me so the dogs just focused on me and my friends just stood there cursing lol.

Then the owner apparently came running after the dogs so I shouted to him that I was going to snap his dogs' necks by kicking them on the head/in the face if they didn't back off.

It scares the shit out of me how freakishly relaxed and focused at the same time I get at times like that. Dunnow what causes it but it's probably better than running off screaming like a little girl when agressive dogs are around.

Anyway, so the guy starts shouting at me to leave his dogs alone (while they're snapping and barking at me in what seemed like a bloodthirsty rage at the time lol ;o) and I ask him if he's ever seen a dog fly and that I'd make an example of the smaller one for the bigger dog so he started freaking out even more that if I'd hurt his dogs I'd have to deal with him. Some people just have no sense of humour.

The guy has some balls, I'll give him that, bearing in mind that he was somewhere in his late forties I think, with me being a guy in the prime of his life basicly along with 2 other about 20 year old friends in the middle of the night in a dark street. I wonder what this guy was thinking making threats to people who might as well have been overly agressive or something. Perhaps it's because I have such a kind and empathising face *sigh* lol.

But I mean seriously, what the fuck did he expect me to do? He was acting like I was attacking the dogs and not the other way around. The irresponsible fuck didn't even have leashes for his dogs with him. He didn't expect to meet anybody I guess

So the thing went on for a while with me verbally abusing the guy (which I actually enjoyed but I tend to go a little overboard with it if I get agitated) for not keeping his dogs at bay and him shouting at his dogs to stop while threatening me and my friends still cursing thinking I'd get ripped to shreds lol.

In the end I decided to restrain myself from throwing more figurative shit at the guy since he could have been a neighbour of the friend who's house I just left and he had probably seen me leave so I didn't want to cause any trouble for my pal and his family.

The guy finally got his dogs under control again and I walked home just a tad faster than usual lol.

The end.

innocenceNonus Posted: Fri Sep 10 19:44:17 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Shower... in the morning when I'm putting on clothes and looking in the mirror... walks... and in bed right before I fall asleep.

Puck Posted: Sat Sep 11 04:13:14 2004 Post | Quote in Reply  
  futon
papasan
lake

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]