Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

What is peace?
Renegade Posted: Mon Jan 24 19:51:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  People want peace, but what is it? Is it simply an absence of conflict or is it something deeper?

lazyelephant Posted: Mon Jan 24 19:55:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Renegade said:
>People want peace, but what is it? Is it simply an absence of conflict or is it something deeper?

to me, peace is like serenity. i think people want to not be at war all the time, and i think that a sense of peace involves a sense of security and therefore brings about happiness to a degree. but if everything was peaceful, it would be boring. i know it goes deeper than this for me, but seeing as how i have to eat dinner, i'll comment later.

Silentmind Posted: Mon Jan 24 20:27:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  AS humans, we will never have peace.

thecitizen Posted: Mon Jan 24 20:27:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  peace is balance for me, we will never have peace anywhere it would have to come from every human being. We are too selfish, too careless, too naive.....we will have to give up many things we do not wish to..

Puck Posted: Mon Jan 24 20:27:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think this needs to be broken down. International peace? Peace among humans? Peace among carbon-based life forms?

Or is that your question?: How far does man want this peace to go?

Asswipe Posted: Mon Jan 24 20:46:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Peace is best defined by it's opposite, war. You all know what war is, the lack there of is peace.

libra Posted: Tue Jan 25 01:59:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>Peace is best defined by it's opposite, war. You all know what war is, the lack there of is peace.

but without war, things can still be unfair. Is it simply a lack of warfare? because even then, we will have so many problems to deal with.

iggy Posted: Tue Jan 25 05:15:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  peace - leunig

peace is my drug
it stops the pain.
in safe reflecting rooms
or in a lane
or in a park
i will lie
and get some peace
and get high
if it's pure
and there's lots of it about
i overdose
and pass out
and dream of peace
my favourite thing,
when nobody wants me
and nothing's happening.

iggy Posted: Tue Jan 25 05:21:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i think the above poem is what peace means to me

Zacq Posted: Tue Jan 25 16:19:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Peace can only be brought about by the end of class warfare. Kill the burgeoiueioius! Viva la Revolucion! Marx! Marx! Marx!

Ahem, sorry, that was my spleen talking.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]