Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Poll question: Organ donor?
Puck Posted: Thu Jan 27 17:08:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Why or why not?

addi Posted: Thu Jan 27 17:31:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I already have it on my drivers licence that I'm a donor. If I go suddenly, some lucky plonker is going to get one hell of an organ...and my heart too.

Howitzer Posted: Thu Jan 27 17:37:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ha, good one. i am one because i want to be cremated anyhow, and i wont be needing them. i also knew a girl really well with Wilson's disease and barely got the liver she needed to live, and i figure that might be me on one side or the other.

FN Posted: Thu Jan 27 18:40:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In Belgium, everybody is automaticly an organ donor unless you specificly request not to be one and carry around a card or your family refuses it once you're dead.

thecitizen Posted: Thu Jan 27 19:12:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I do not mind donate my organs. I want to be cremated too.
But usually people who don't, just don't want to cut out in pieces or think because you can donate your organs doctors won't make same effort to save your life and take whatever is left useful and let you die. Which makes me wonder....but either way material life is not that important for me and if I am that f'ed up, then is ok if I die. I don't care if I am MacDonals material either..but don't bury me!!

lazyelephant Posted: Thu Jan 27 19:15:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm undecided. i don't know. i could save a life, but most of my organs are shitty anyway, so i don't know how much good it'll do. this is a deep subject for me, so i go no further. i'll prolly say one way or the other as i'm in the process of dying what i want done. but that's if i can still talk by that time.

what about you puck?

Puck Posted: Thu Jan 27 19:24:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thecitizen said:
>I don't care if I am MacDonals material either..but don't bury me!!

heh heh. If that was an option, I'd do it. Maybe I could sell my body to cannibals through ebay.

I don't care. I'd like to die in such an extravagent way that there wouldn't be much left that could be salvaged, but if not, then they can have whatever is still works.

thecitizen Posted: Thu Jan 27 19:45:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey, Puck didn't though of that! there are so many sick people outhere..might work!

Puck Posted: Thu Jan 27 19:57:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thecitizen said:
>Hey, Puck didn't though of that! there are so many sick people outhere..might work!

But I'd have to sell myself in advance, so I could enjoy the money while I'm alive.

libra Posted: Thu Jan 27 20:11:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have the little pink sticker on my drivers license. I'd want to be cremated, and even if i was buried, i wouldn't need any of my organs then. I'd like to know I'm helping someone.

thecitizen Posted: Thu Jan 27 20:13:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, that's the best part..the issue would be the appraisal, you know, keep it in good shape not to fat not to skinny. Or we can just sell by the pound though.. Better yet(I see big bussiness here)Organs by importance! muscle and fat by the pound, bones by size how about that!

Puck Posted: Thu Jan 27 20:22:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thecitizen said:
>how about that

OH, the options! I was thinking of selling the muscle at typical store price per pound. That's like $130 (random price assignment).

As for the major organs...it's like winning the lotto and dividing the winnings.
I'd donate a few. Sell a couple. Lose one in a bet. Lose another in a bet...

thecitizen Posted: Thu Jan 27 21:15:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well, I cannot count on the muscles though or the fat I am some skinny girl..but the organs. Hell yeah! I never drink, don't smoke, everything in good condition..I have some good stuff.

(Just in case. Interested, anyone?)

Puck Posted: Thu Jan 27 21:21:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  thecitizen said:
>(Just in case. Interested, anyone?)

I think that Mouse is/was shopping for some extra parts.

Ahriman Posted: Thu Jan 27 21:30:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't know, I would like to be mummified. They would have to take the organs out, but they would be placed in jars. I would have to rise from the dead and kill anyone that used them. I'll just do the world a favor and keep 'em. Nah, I'm donating.

Asswipe Posted: Thu Jan 27 21:32:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sadly, by the time i'm done with mine, i won't have many that others will want. if they do then they can have them.

Mesh Posted: Thu Jan 27 23:25:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  As it is with Asswipe, so it is with me.

I am officially an organ donor, but I doubt if mine would be of any use to anyone who needed them. I dont know, maybe my eyes are still good. I know my Liver and Lungs sure as hell arent.

Silentmind Posted: Fri Jan 28 02:34:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If mine are useful to someone, and it could save their life...why not? I'll be dead, so I won't need them. At least then a part of me will live on; ensuring that one more person survives.

beetlebum Posted: Fri Jan 28 02:43:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't know. I worked in an ICU for two years and on a telemetry floor, and when people die, those organ donor reps are *vultures.* I saw way too many moms, dads, husbands, wives, kids have mental breakdowns because five minutes after their family member's death, someone wanted to whisk the body away. Ugh.
Since it isn't going to affect me emotionally, I have no problem with it. And I know my mom and dad are cool with it, so that's no problem. But if I marry someone who isn't, then I'll respect that. As much as I don't mind helping other people by handing over organs, I don't want to screw over someone close to me who does care for whatever reason.
:)

Mouse Posted: Fri Jan 28 23:34:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>thecitizen said:
>>(Just in case. Interested, anyone?)
>
>I think that Mouse is/was shopping for some extra parts.

Yeah, I'm still on the look out for a replacement ribcage. I found a few places that had them, but they were all too big and too pricey. No one carries small unless it's a petite small. :(
By the way Eileen, I saw some host bodies fairly cheap at bodiesforless.com The variety was kind of slim though. How picky are you?

Gerald

Puck Posted: Sat Jan 29 01:02:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>By the way Eileen, I saw some host bodies fairly cheap at bodiesforless.com The variety was kind of slim though. How picky are you?

1)*sigh*
2)What units are used to measure pickiness?

Mouse Posted: Mon Jan 31 17:52:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>2)What units are used to measure pickiness?

It's a fairly loose scale there's, meh, whatever, picky, pickier, pickiest and no-way-in-hell-you're-gonna-please-me.
Mouse

kurohyou Posted: Mon Jan 31 21:17:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When I was younger I would say no. I'm leaving this world with everything I came into it with.

Now that I'm older and my views of the world have changed I can't say that I would have a problem with it. Though I suppose that if someone could be saved it would be worth while. Given that I probably won't need them when I'm dead that is a good reason to let them go on even if the rest of me does not.

I have not made any proactive move to change this on my license as of yet. Perhaps I will later. I guess I'm probably closer to undecided than either a yes or a no.

For what its worth...

Puck Posted: Mon Jan 31 23:50:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>The variety was kind of slim though. How picky are you?

Since I've never been body shopping, I'll just browse a bit, first, and maybe try on a few

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 1 10:20:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Can Penii be donated?

Puck Posted: Tue Feb 1 17:27:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Will it really mighty my penis, man?

You're sitting on a gold-mine, Trebek!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]