Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

I'm going to Chicago!!
choke Posted: Sat Jan 29 20:20:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  As most of you know I'm going on an exchange to the USA in August, I have just heard from my host family for the first time and I'm going to be living in Wilmette!! Anyone around there? Illinois or something??

Aeon Posted: Sat Jan 29 20:25:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  NOT ME!

innocenceNonus Posted: Sat Jan 29 20:29:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maybe, depending on how much money i get from the schools i applied to.

Posted: Sat Jan 29 20:56:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I go to Chicago regularly. it's about 4 hours from Detroit, and you guys have excellent spectator sports facilities.

I have an Informal Logic conference at UofChicago and will be staying with my cousins in Hyde Park in late May, if you're around.

jennemmer Posted: Sun Jan 30 04:52:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I will be living just outside of Chicago (Darian/Woodridge area) from the beginning of May until the end of August or so. I don't know what contact info I'll have there yet but the e-mail addresses and MSN address I have now will still work. :)

sweet p Posted: Sun Jan 30 18:58:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ohhh, I love Chicago.
I wish I were going!

Maybe I will come visit you anyway.
: )

I promise we'll do fun things and never ever watch Fear Factor.

Christian Posted: Mon Jan 31 14:31:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Chicago? naw...i don't wanna get "gunned down," maimed, raped, robbed or murdered. I'll stay here...GOOD LUCK, staying alive, you'll need it...and a BODYGUARD to boot!

choke Posted: Mon Jan 31 15:08:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christian said:
>Chicago? naw...i don't wanna get "gunned down," maimed, raped, robbed or murdered. I'll stay here...GOOD LUCK, staying alive, you'll need it...and a BODYGUARD to boot!

Christ. Thanks a bunch.

Sailovzi - Yay for no fear factor!!

choke Posted: Mon Jan 31 15:12:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>
>Sailovzi - Yay for no fear factor!!

Good god. I think I should go back to bed. I meant Sweet P. Sorry!! I got the S right at least?

jennemmer Posted: Mon Jan 31 16:40:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christian said:
>Chicago? naw...i don't wanna get "gunned down," maimed, raped, robbed or murdered. I'll stay here...GOOD LUCK, staying alive, you'll need it...and a BODYGUARD to boot!

Nah, I didn't find it to be that scary a place. As long as you stay north of the U of Chicago and all that I don't think it's any worse than any other city. Then again l lived in the suburbs and only went to Chicago proper evenings and weekends.

(hee hee... I always found the surrounding area being called "The Chicagoland Area" pretty funny. Chicagoland sounds like a theme park)

Kira Posted: Mon Jan 31 19:32:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>choke said:
>>
>>Sailovzi - Yay for no fear factor!!
>
>Good god. I think I should go back to bed. I meant Sweet P. Sorry!! I got the S right at least?

LOL. I'm glad you corrected yourself or I'd've spent ages trying to figure that out.

How long will you be staying in the US?

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 1 10:12:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nope wont be anywhere close to Chicago. Depending how things go, I might be live in Frakfurt by August. Ahhh I love that country, I'd pick it over my homeland anyday.

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 1 10:14:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  But HOORAY for you Choke, thats awesome. I hope your time in US are as fun as mine. Lot of great things here all over the country. Maybe they woult to take you on some sort of small vacation or something so you could see some more than just the Chicago area.

choke Posted: Wed Feb 2 00:44:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm going to be there for a year :D

Yeah I'm hoping I'll get to see more of the US but hell im stoked with Chicago :D

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 2 11:59:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>But HOORAY for you Choke, thats awesome. I hope your time in US are as fun as mine. Lot of great things here all over the country.

I shoulda have said, except for Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Missourii, Iowa and Arkansas.

DAMN YOUS ALL!!!!

Christian Posted: Mon Apr 11 14:30:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm going now sniffle sniffle...cause my best friend in the whole wide marshmallow world doesn't believe I am who I say I am...sniffle sniffle bye bye cruel world

Mesh Posted: Mon Apr 11 17:26:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wait a minute. What?

beetlebum Posted: Mon Apr 11 17:33:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm confused too.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]