Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Insomnia and Migraines
DanSRose Posted: Thu Feb 3 09:34:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Does anyone know if there is a correlation?
Also, any folk remedies you guys and gals know? For either? More for migraines, but I'll take either right now.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Feb 3 10:20:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yup, there is a definite correlation.

I've had migraines since I was 8... and my mom tried *everything* before getting me migraine medication. You just need to try stuff until you find something that works... yoga, meditation, routine (routine is really important, even for older people. grin). Chamomile tea does it for me usually.

However, I do take Maxalt... the best stuff ever... if you would ever consider taking something like that.

But the other thing you need to figure out is whether or not the migraines/insomnia is stress related or if it seems pretty random, because you treat those migraines differently. If it is stress related, well, the only thing that is going to help is lifestyle changes.

:) Good luck, because migraines/insomnia BLOW to the nth degree.

(By the way, if you get auditory/ocular hallucinations like I do (i.e. sound of a jet running through your head, orbs of light in front of you) then shut off all lights immediately and go to bed. Otherwise, you'll just vomit and it'll get progressively worse until you fall asleep exhausted.)

And in any case, what have you tried?

mat_j Posted: Thu Feb 3 11:34:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In old man meshuggah's almanac of ailments he recomends to cure a really bad migrane you should hammer a nail through your testicles, works a charm apparently

Aeon Posted: Thu Feb 3 12:43:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Tried it. Worked. The searing pain and immense blood loss took my mind off the pain in my head.

THANKS MESH!

FN Posted: Thu Feb 3 12:46:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Look what I learned to do:

http://users.telenet.be/bloodthirster/Christophe.avi

Yes, I am that fast.

Imagine what else those fingers can do, ladies.

*evil grin*

I just know you all want some of this.

Zacq Posted: Thu Feb 3 14:53:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Tell me right now how you do that or you'll find an tired guy with a migraine poking you with a cattle prod.

Or something more weird.

FN Posted: Thu Feb 3 16:22:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lol.

I made you some tutorial movies

If you have media player, put the speed on slow, you can see it better that way.

http://users.telenet.be/bloodthirster/Christophe1.avi

http://users.telenet.be/bloodthirster/Christophe2.avi

FN Posted: Thu Feb 3 16:43:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://users.telenet.be/bloodthirster/Christophe3.avi

This one is in a larger resolution, but a larger file as well but perhaps it's a bit more clear.

Zacq Posted: Thu Feb 3 18:12:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  How long did it take you to get good at that?

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Feb 3 19:34:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Look what I learned to do:
>
>http://users.telenet.be/bloodthirster/Christophe.avi
>
>Yes, I am that fast.
>
>Imagine what else those fingers can do, ladies.
>
>*evil grin*
>
>I just know you all want some of this.

All you're doing is holding the cards behind your hand between the fingers so no one can see it. Do that with a frisbee or an elephant and MAYBE I'll be impressed.

XP

Just playing, Christophe. It's a CHARMING talent.

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Feb 3 23:23:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  By the way, I believe there is a correlation. [So much with staying with the thread topic.] Every 2/3 days I don't get enough sleep and stay up really late [2 AM/ 3 AM late], I always get a really bad migraine. Happens every time.

kurohyou Posted: Thu Feb 3 23:40:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have had insomnia for as long as i can remember. I generally get between 2 and 4 hours of sleep per night, good sleep where I'm not tossing and turning. On good nights I can manage 6 hours but I don't sleep that well.

If I'm traveling all bets are off, On a two day road trip I will generally get two to four hours for the duration of the trip. I don't sleep well in hotel rooms.

I get migraines every once in a while but I've never looked for a coorelation. I've come to accept my sleeping patterns as the way of things and haven't done a whole lot to change them.

For what its worth...

FN Posted: Fri Feb 4 05:49:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:
>How long did it take you to get good at that?

About 10 to 15 minutes.

red Posted: Fri Feb 4 07:58:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello everyone.
I suffer from migraines, and have found it is linked to how much sleep and nutrition my body gets. Lack of water and exam week is the worst.
The night before, I stayed up to finish some coursework due in the next day. I only got 3 hours of sleep. When I got home, I could feel a major migraine coming, so slept 13 hours last night.
There was a show on BBC a few days ago, it had some interesting stuff:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/sleep/index.shtml

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 4 08:51:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I used to suffer from migraines.
When it was discovered that my blood pressure was dangerously high and started meds for that, my migraines went away.
My doctor said that the migraines we probably not caused by the high blood pressure, but that quite often, the same meds are used to treat both.
How nice for me.
He also told me that chocolate can be a trigger for migraines in a lot of people. That really sucks.

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 4 12:13:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey its Red!

Aeon Posted: Fri Feb 4 13:31:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Zacq said:
>>How long did it take you to get good at that?
>
>About 10 to 15 minutes.

About 10 to 15 minutes... a day... for 3 years.

FN Posted: Sat Feb 5 13:33:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nah, just try it, it's easier than it looks.

erikagm Posted: Sat Feb 5 18:32:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>He also told me that chocolate can be a trigger for migraines in a lot of people. That really sucks.

That's odd, especially considering chocolate contains some elements that mimmick the natural endorphins in a human body.

For those that don't know, endorphins are a body's natural painkillers and what brings us a sense of "well being"

just my two cents here

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Feb 5 18:37:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>He also told me that chocolate can be a trigger for migraines in a lot of people. That really sucks.
>
>That's odd, especially considering chocolate contains some elements that mimmick the natural endorphins in a human body.
>
>For those that don't know, endorphins are a body's natural painkillers and what brings us a sense of "well being"
>
That's true but a lot of people are allergic to chocolate as well, and that is where the migraines come in.
>just my two cents here

Mouse Posted: Sun Feb 6 00:58:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Look what I learned to do:

>I just know you all want some of this.

Heh. Christophe you never cease to amuse me.
But maybe that's just because I should have been in bed an hour ago. Regardless, I'm sure everyone is astounded by your card tricks. ;P

Sweet dreams. *falls asleep on keyboard*
Mouse

Mesh Posted: Sun Feb 6 01:02:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I didnt watch the card tricks.

I make all my money doing tricks though. There is this one trick I do, its called the "easy money'. I pull out a knife and say "give me all your goddamned money you motherfucker or I'll slice your face off." And people are so amazed at this trick, that not only do they give me lots of cash, but they give me their entire wallet/purse, and even sometimes watches, earrings, bracelets and necklaces.

I even got a prosthetic leg once.

Mouse Posted: Sun Feb 6 01:38:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  To be a little bit closer to the subject but still not on subject, what makes a migraine? Is it just a a *really* bad headache or is it something more than that?

o_O
Mwahahaha

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]