Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

GT Dream wizards
mat_j Posted: Fri Feb 4 05:33:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Okay, last night i dreamt that i was competing in some kind of charity olympic swimming event it was in a building that was abandoned warehouse on the outside but olypmic style pool on the inside. My team consisted of Ashley Olsen and myself, we triumphed in the first event but in the relay swimming we didn't do so well as somebody stole ashleys flippers. After the event i introduced her to various minor UK celebs and met Mary-Kate who was twitchy at best. Then spent a the remainder of the dream trying to convince them both to come out for a night out in town which would be unfeasible at best due to their celebrity status. I suggested some kind of disguise and she agreed.

libra Posted: Fri Feb 4 12:11:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  wierd.

Aeon Posted: Fri Feb 4 13:28:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>wierd.

Well put. I've consulted my dream book and here is what it had to say: YOU'VE GONE MAD!

J/K. I don't have a dream book.

libra Posted: Fri Feb 4 16:07:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have a dream book!

But I don't believe it, and I doubt it says anything about the Olsen twins in it, despite their fame and nightmare-ish quality.

kurohyou Posted: Fri Feb 4 16:39:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Here's some of what I found...

Swimming: Dreaming that you are swimming, suggests that you are exploring aspects of your unconscious mind and emotions. The dream may be a sign that you are seeking some sort of emotional support. It is a common dream image for people going through therapy. Dreaming that you are swimming underwater, suggests that you are completely submerged in your own feelings. You are forcing yourself to deal with your emotional difficulties.

Warehouse: Seeing a warehouse in your dream, represents stored energy or hidden resources. They also refer to memories. You may also be putting your ambitions and goals on hold. Seeing an empty warehouse indicates that you inner resources have been depleted. You need to take some time off to restore your energy and replenish your resources.

Celebrities: Dreaming that you are a celebrity means your high aspirations that may be way beyond your reach at the present moment. You may just be setting yourself for a let-down. Dreaming that a friend or lover becomes a celebrity means your fear of losing the friendship and loyalty of this person. Seeing a celebrity in your dream, represents your beliefs and understanding about him or her. Something in you waking life has triggered these similar beliefs and feelings. It is not uncommon that your obsession with a certain celebrity may carry over onto your dream world. Celebrities are often seen as heroes and all that is mighty. Also consider any puns within the name. Dreaming that you are good friends with a celebrity, represents your idealized version of someone you know in your life. Perhaps you hope that a real-life friend can act more like a particular celebrity. Consider the qualities that you see in this celebrity and how you want your friends to have those qualities.

Disguise: Dreaming that you are in a disguise. means that you are hiding from something or someone in your waking life. It is time to face reality and stop hiding behind a facade.

My final analysis...I have no idea what it means. But I found it quite entertaining and it gave me a great reason not to work for a while on Friday here...thanks...

I found these definitions at www.hyperdictionary.com

For what its worth...

Puck Posted: Fri Feb 4 16:57:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dream dictionaries suck.

Aeon Posted: Fri Feb 4 17:38:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>Dream dictionaries suck.

Really?

note to self: GET DREAM DICTIONARY for all those lonely, lonely nights.

kurohyou Posted: Fri Feb 4 17:39:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:

How so?

Aeon Posted: Fri Feb 4 18:01:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>Puck said:
>>Dream dictionaries suck.
>
>How so?
>
>

Sexually. I hope.

Puck Posted: Fri Feb 4 18:40:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  They're all (those I've seen) too vague and impersonal. They don't directly apply to each individual. Having each object always mean something and the same thing in anyone's dream doesn't make much sense. Maybe (probably) it's just that they aren't useful to ME.

lazyelephant Posted: Fri Feb 4 18:52:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:

well, i think YOU suck. so there.

lazyelephant Posted: Fri Feb 4 18:54:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>They're all (those I've seen) too vague and impersonal. They don't directly apply to each individual.

if you want one personalized, i'm sure you could find one on the internet somewhere. why don't you google it?

>Having each object always mean something and the same thing in anyone's dream doesn't make much sense. Maybe (probably) it's just that they aren't useful to ME.

maybe you should look at it as being useful to everyone in general rather than applying it only to yourself. sheesh.

kurohyou Posted: Fri Feb 4 19:04:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Depending on what school of dreaming thought you come from I think they give a pretty good starting point from which to look at things.

True they are vague, kinda like horoscopes.

Its all good....

I think ultimatly the intrepretation of any dream is up to the dreamer. If any intrepretation is to be made.

For what its worth...

Puck Posted: Fri Feb 4 19:32:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lazyelephant said:
>well, i think YOU suck. so there.

Uhhh...No I don't!

Kira Posted: Fri Feb 4 19:35:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck, suck?!

*Evil look*

Meaning in dreaming?!

mat_j Posted: Fri Feb 4 19:35:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  We never did find out who stole ashleys flippers either

Puck Posted: Fri Feb 4 19:38:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lazyelephant said:
>if you want one personalized, i'm sure you could find one on the internet somewhere. why don't you google it?

So, I could pay piles of cash, type out my entire life story, email it to a uncredited psychologist, and have them analyze my dream? :b

>maybe you should look at it as being useful to everyone in general rather than applying it only to yourself. sheesh.

Oh, I'm so sorry that I want to buy a book that's useful to ME.

Puck Posted: Fri Feb 4 19:40:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>Puck, suck?!
>
>*Evil look*
>
>Meaning in dreaming?!

They (dream books) are useless in the analysis of my dreams. They suck.

Puck Posted: Fri Feb 4 19:45:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>Depending on what school of dreaming thought you come from I think they give a pretty good starting point from which to look at things.

Perhaps. I'll spend some time on this when I have it (time, that is).

>I think ultimatly the intrepretation of any dream is up to the dreamer. If any intrepretation is to be made.

I agree. If the dreamer can interpret the book's info, they should be able to interpret the dream without the book (or whatever). If the dreamer can't interpret the book's info, then it's mostly pointless.

Aeon Posted: Fri Feb 4 20:07:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well. Sometimes dreams don't mean anything. I mean just last night I had a dream about going on a murderous rampage and killing my entire family. When I woke up I'd only killed my mother.

See... dreams don't mean anything.

Kira Posted: Fri Feb 4 20:28:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I had a prophetic dream once. I dreamed of three skittles on my beadspread. Two weeks later, there they were. No lie!

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 4 22:15:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I had a dream once.

I'm not kidding, either.

Aeon Posted: Fri Feb 4 22:54:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I had a dream once.
>
>
>
>I'm not kidding, either.

Jesus Christ, man! Why have you never told us this before!?

Bzoso Posted: Mon Feb 7 19:37:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I once dreamt that I was beating a homeless man to death with a baseball bat. Then some old lady came and tried to stop her, and I beat her to death to, then I stepped on a kitten.

Then I woke up, and i was in an alley, and a dead hobo, lady, and kitten lay all around me, I started freaking out, and then spiders started to crawl out of a hole in my chest.

Then I woke up screaming in bed, and my mom came running and opened the door and she was a giant cockroach, then she started dancing. Then I woke up again and......This never really happened.

Puck Posted: Mon Feb 7 20:26:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bzoso said:
>...Then I woke up again and......This never really happened.

l m a o

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 8 01:47:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My dreams are haunted by his lifeless, pale body. With that blank stare in his eyes, and the puddle of blood around him.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]