Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

The SuperBowel-movement.
Mesh Posted: Sun Feb 6 19:51:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The Super Bowl sucks, seriously. Whats the big fucking deal? Someone tell me.

The sport as a whole is shit, but thats a whole other thing all together.

Rugby, now THERES a sport.

libra Posted: Sun Feb 6 20:03:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I hate football. But I'm one of those women who says things like "how do you turn a game where you run around and jump on people into a sport?" I'm not a fan of it at all. I can understand basketball, baseball, soccer, etc. but football just makes me confused and scornful.

Aeon Posted: Sun Feb 6 20:30:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I had the funniest idea for a skit a while back. Jesus' football team. It combines the two "gods" of Protestant America!

Puck Posted: Sun Feb 6 22:47:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I can't see the point of watching most sports. I don't mind playing because I see most sports as war games, especially large-team dodgeball. Maybe I just really dig Ender's Game.

Mesh Posted: Sun Feb 6 23:16:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love playing sprouts.

Mesh Posted: Sun Feb 6 23:17:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah I said sprouts. Fuck you.

Posted: Mon Feb 7 00:31:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I watched the game from a strip club in town. Won some Detroit Pistons tickets and a new leather recliner, tonnes of free food and topless waitresses.

Football goes best with Beer and Titties.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 7 01:53:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I bet they do.

But the go even better with Fußball.

Howitzer Posted: Mon Feb 7 01:55:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i will say rugby is a better sport, but i like football all the same. i am a bigger fan or college football and basketball. i dont watch pro-basketball at all, i think the sport sucks. profootball i watch cause i am amazed my the athletisism, same with rugby.

but the true sport near and dear to me is wrestling. i wrestled for 6 years, and i cant name a sport (besides boxing or UFC, but those pro-sports have so much corruption i dont believe in them) that is any more showing of a person's ability over another. track and gymnastics and tennis and several other single person sports are really competing agaist two things: gravity and the other person's skill. in wrestling it is gravity, skill, and the opponent's strength agaist you. no other sport shows how one can dominate another like wrestling.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 7 02:05:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I loved wrestling when I was teenager. That and boxing are my favourite sports for watching and participating in.

DanSRose Posted: Mon Feb 7 02:50:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love fencing.
It's less of a sport then it is an art.
One more thing- I'm in a fiction writing class now and have a story due Thursday. I was wondering if I could try it out on you GTers, mainly because I like you all so much.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 7 02:55:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Shoot.

Puck Posted: Mon Feb 7 03:28:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Shoot.

word

addi Posted: Mon Feb 7 06:56:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I grew up with football coursing through my veins. Junior high, High school, and one year of college ball as a quarterback. But in my defense with you anti-football GTers I never had the "jock" mentality. Most of the fanatical jock guys I knew were major jerks (but they always had plenty of babes, cuz so many chicks dig assholes).

Now I like college sports, and can take or leave pro anything. I play tennis to keep active.

The best part of last night's super bowl was Paul McCartney, and a few of the commercials.

breeze Posted: Mon Feb 7 09:17:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I was forced to watch Super Bowl yesterday, firstly because I don't like American football and my friends were trying to teach me this "big part of American culture" and mainly because Eagles are from Philly so the whole city was going crazy yesterday.

Oh well, conclusion: Too many Green drunk people on the streets screeming all night crushing stuff.. And if Eagles would win I'm sure it would be even worse, even our classes would be cancelled today officially to celebrate it.. that would be the nice part of it though.

Nikki Posted: Mon Feb 7 10:54:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  what i like about this post is I can now count in one place all the fucking IDIOTS i would never let lay a fucking hand on my body. I say that you can all go suck cock you fucking whoremasters!

kurohyou Posted: Mon Feb 7 11:21:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ...nice to see you again nikki...

I won't lie, I'm a huge football fan. I'm a die hard Broncos fan, have been since I was born. I played ball for two years in high school, but lacked the talent to continue on in college. (The college I ended up going to also didn't have a football program so that put a damper on any alleged pipedreams)

Though like Addi, I didn't have the whole "jock" mindset. I was the only player who took a book to football camp my senior year, got a lot of shit for that. And I was a theatre nerd the whole time. So while I played, I didn't fit in. But I had a blast nonetheless.

My brothers both played, and were much better than myself. One went on to play in college and was an all-american receiver or something like that. It was fun to watch him play.

I watched the super bowl, cheered for the Eagle, primairly for the ethnic reasons behind it.

Favorite commerical was the one with the cat and the spaghetti sauce.

One of my good friends played rugby, he calls us football players pussies. I don't know anything about rugby so I don't comment. But a sport is a sport. To each his own...

For what its worth...

Posted: Mon Feb 7 11:45:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>what i like about this post is I can now count in one place all the fucking IDIOTS i would never let lay a fucking hand on my body. I say that you can all go suck cock you fucking whoremasters!

we still on for thursday night's orgy, Nikki?

novemberrain Posted: Mon Feb 7 11:48:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>Favorite commerical was the one with the cat and the spaghetti sauce.

hahaha. That one was great. I bet some PETA people will be writing in about that one.

I also liked the one where the guy was walking down the street with a diet pepsi, and all those women were following him.

addi Posted: Mon Feb 7 11:51:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>...nice to see you again nikki...

Yes, it is.

Nikki, it's wonderful you earned more tokens for good behavior to buy time on the computer from the Institution. We're all very proud of you, Dear. Keep up the good work!

: )

kurohyou Posted: Mon Feb 7 11:54:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  novemberrain said:
>kurohyou said:
>
>>Favorite commerical was the one with the cat and the spaghetti sauce.
>
>
>hahaha. That one was great. I bet some PETA people will be writing in about that one.
>
PETA and anyone who likes cats.

By the way, I like your Avatar. She was a badass in that movie. There's something about a woman with a gun...

I have the same thing with Scully from the X-files. hmmmm, Scully...

I digress...focus...work...bye...

novemberrain Posted: Mon Feb 7 12:15:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>novemberrain said:
>>hahaha. That one was great. I bet some PETA people will be writing in about that one.
>>
>PETA and anyone who likes cats.
>
>By the way, I like your Avatar. She was a badass in that movie. There's something about a woman with a gun...
>
>I have the same thing with Scully from the X-files. hmmmm, Scully...
>
>I digress...focus...work...bye...
>

Hehe. Yeah she was. They're making a sequel too. Yay!

Scully is awesome too.

FN Posted: Mon Feb 7 13:39:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yes.

Sculder and Mully rule.

Kira Posted: Mon Feb 7 15:46:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yes. What Christophe said.

Zacq Posted: Mon Feb 7 16:06:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love football (not as much as baseball), but last night's super bowl sucked. Maybe I'm just spoiled because up here in New England we've won two of the most exciting super bowls of all time. But XXXIV was sloppy, they had more false starts than the probably had the whole season combined, and the refs are being too touchy with the penalties.

Still, I live in Connecticut and cannot complain. My baseball team is the current champion, my football team (well, one of them) is still the champion, and the UConn men and women basketball teams are defending champs.

Holy krap this is awesome.

Ahriman Posted: Mon Feb 7 16:22:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love to watch football as long as it's my team. The Buffalo Bills, that's right, I said it, the Buffalo Bills! The Buffalo Bills suck but all good Buffalo citizens love 'em. We are the most die hard football fans in the country. Games have been stopped many times because we have been too loud. I have met and talked with many of our players and I personally know Marv Levy(great guy). All we have out here in Western New York is food, the buffalo sabres, the buffalo bills, and taxes. Of course, I'd rather watch a fight(any style/type) than a football game.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 7 16:23:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nikki said:
>what i like about this post is I can now count in one place all the fucking IDIOTS i would never let lay a fucking hand on my body. I say that you can all go suck cock you fucking whoremasters!

Oh dont be silly Nikki.

You like the SuperBowl? Funny, those couple of hours it was on was lost time for fucking.

Bzoso Posted: Mon Feb 7 19:29:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  From someone who played football for 7 years, that sport is fucking sweet. Like with a lot of things though, you have to experience it to appreciate it I guess. And if you don't like the sport or the event, you have to like the commercials.

Zacq Posted: Mon Feb 7 22:35:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bzoso said:
>From someone who played football for 7 years, that sport is fucking sweet. Like with a lot of things though, you have to experience it to appreciate it I guess. And if you don't like the sport or the event, you have to like the commercials.

It's true, even if you're a fan of the sport you never really get it unless you've been in a stance at the line and can experience what the players are actually doing.

And I hate how everyone makes this huge deal about rugby, like it's so much better cuz there's no pads.

Sounds like we're just smarter. No, this is the U.S. I'm talking about. Must be less stupid.

Zacq Posted: Mon Feb 7 22:36:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry, less stupider.

DanSRose Posted: Tue Feb 8 03:29:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  feh Football bores me. Playing it watching it. feh
Soccer, baseball, fencing, hell even (college basketball) is world's away better.

addi Posted: Tue Feb 8 08:01:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Football helped me deal with the high levels of testosterone I had as a teen. It was a legal way to deal with the "warrior" desire in me to let aggression out, and beat the crap out of someone else, mentally and physically. Each week I'd go through the pre-fight ritual of putting on my armour (uniform, pads, helmet, cleats) and then literally run out screaming war cries to the green battlefield to face the enemy. There were always hundreds of onlookers there to watch the ensuing carnage...complete with drums, trumpets, and a field general directing the organized mayhem. Sometimes we won the battle, and sometimes we lost... and there were always soldiers falling by the wayside from injuries and wounds, but it was understood as part of the cost of fighting for victory.

But that was then...

Now the warrior in me has hung up his cleats, and is content to watch the younger soldiers take over. Give me hiking, tennis, hoops, even frisbee throwing to stay active. I no longer feel the need to beat my chest and physically dominate my rivals.

*maybe I should consider using steroids...hmm...

"First and ten..do it again!"

FN Posted: Tue Feb 8 09:11:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I remember as a kid how we played rugby on a concrete underground.

You could actually see small pieces of flesh here and there.

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 8 18:14:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I commend myself on the name of this here topic.

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 8 18:22:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ::APPLAUD::

::BOW::

Thank you.

Bzoso Posted: Tue Feb 8 21:59:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Football helped me deal with the high levels of testosterone I had as a teen. It was a legal way to deal with the "warrior" desire in me to let aggression out, and beat the crap out of someone else, mentally and physically. Each week I'd go through the pre-fight ritual of putting on my armour (uniform, pads, helmet, cleats) and then literally run out screaming war cries to the green battlefield to face the enemy. There were always hundreds of onlookers there to watch the ensuing carnage...complete with drums, trumpets, and a field general directing the organized mayhem. Sometimes we won the battle, and sometimes we lost... and there were always soldiers falling by the wayside from injuries and wounds, but it was understood as part of the cost of fighting for victory.
>
>But that was then...
>
>Now the warrior in me has hung up his cleats, and is content to watch the younger soldiers take over. Give me hiking, tennis, hoops, even frisbee throwing to stay active. I no longer feel the need to beat my chest and physically dominate my rivals.
>
>*maybe I should consider using steroids...hmm...
>
>
>"First and ten..do it again!"

Ha, so nice, so true.

Puck Posted: Tue Feb 8 22:05:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>"First and ten..do it again!"

Sine, Sine, Cosine, Sine, 3.14159!

Ah, 3rd Rock.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]