Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Graveyards: The Only Place To Hang
Aeon Posted: Tue Feb 8 00:55:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know I'm not the only person who's fortress of solitude also happens to be a sanctuary for the dearly departed. They have to be the most peaceful places on earth.

Aeon Posted: Tue Feb 8 00:56:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've got it: Disneyland Graveyards. The most fun AND peaceful place on earth. Also, the most commercial. Get your picture taken on Mickey's grave! See Walt Disney's frozen head! Zombie petting zoo!

beetlebum Posted: Tue Feb 8 05:34:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  there's a cemetary at the edge of town at a church called st. cross-- and it looks like something out of an indiana jones film... crosses jutting out of the ground everywhere you look, grave stones toppling over or sinking into the ground (from the 1600s, even), sculptures covered in vines... it's a veritable jungle.
and a mess.
and i love it.
good place to read and just chill.

libra Posted: Tue Feb 8 10:46:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the photo in my avatar was taken in the graveyard a few blocks from my house. It might just be my favorite place in my hometown.

jasco1982_2000 Posted: Tue Feb 8 11:24:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I never thought of a graveyard as a place to... Well go near.

Maybe it is because I have too many family members there. But saying that I have never thought of them there anyway.

Perhaps it is because it is on a 80 degree angle hill. Yes thats it

/

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 8 18:13:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I was just last night walk through a very creepy old cemetary in the worst part of city.

I was the scariest person there :(

Puck Posted: Tue Feb 8 18:17:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Which city would that be, Mesh?

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 8 18:21:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Peshawar, Pakistan..........

Lol no I wouldnt never go there, to dangerous.

The city thats been me home for over a year now, good Ol' Austin. Dont know how much longer I'll to be here though....hopefully within six months I would be in Frankfurt, Germany. But thats if things work out....which they have a way of not.

Kira Posted: Tue Feb 8 18:47:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Germany is so much farther away than Texas. :( But I hope things work out...

Graveyards are lovely. My favorite in town is beautiful and very old but, unfortunately, smack in the middle of downtown with busy streets on three sides, which takes a little away from the peace and quiet.

lazyelephant Posted: Tue Feb 8 19:53:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  there is an old forgotten graveyard near my house. it sits on a hill and has some trees planted here and there amongst the tombstones...it's surrounded by woods. i don't go there often, but i've passed it right at sunset and it is absolutely beautiful. the way the orange glow of the sun hits the headstones and trees, casting the semi-dark shadows across others. its amazing. i don't stick around after dark due to a previous experience, but if i've got maybe five other people with me, then i'll stay. living ones, that is.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Feb 8 20:06:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My favorite place here in Louisville.

http://www.cavehillcemetery.com/cemetery.html

Scroll down and click the picture gallery. If you look close, you will see the grave of Colonel Sanders.
No shit !

Seriously though, this is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, besides Sweet-P's smile anyway.

mat_j Posted: Wed Feb 9 12:54:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ah we used to spend many a winters night last year outside the gate of the cemetary where all Jasco's relatives (and my own) are buried. After the pub to avoid going to our terrible homes we'd go sit and shoot the breeze for a few hours.

Ahriman Posted: Wed Feb 9 20:02:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  eh, all of the cemetaries around here are either too small or too well maintained. I jog through the closest one every time I go out. I hate it when I come across idiots who are trying to "contact the dead". Any necromancers or wiccans on gt?

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 9 22:16:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
> I hate it when I come across idiots who are trying to "contact the dead".

Haha. Whatever floats your boat I !guess, though. But, if the dead wanted to make contact with you, they would have already without you even trying.

God I hope ghosts are real. Because I want to be one when I die. Oh the fun I would have, haunting little kids and pathological liars, cause, who would believe them? Hahahaha it would be so good.

Puck Posted: Wed Feb 9 22:31:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Any necromancers or wiccans on gt?

Tried some crap once, realized it was crap, and now I'm an atheist.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Feb 10 06:47:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>eh, all of the cemetaries around here are either too small or too well maintained. I jog through the closest one every time I go out. I hate it when I come across idiots who are trying to "contact the dead". Any necromancers or wiccans on gt?

I lived next to a whole gaggle of wiccans last year- like twenty in the same small house. And one morning it was really cold out and I was taking the trash out, and so was the woman next door, and she asked, "How are you?" And without thinking, I replied, "Good! I just wish it weren't as cold as a witch's heart out here!"
And then I stopped because I realize what I had said.
And she just turned around and went inside.
They were weird anyway, but I was always nervous after that stupid exchange.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 10 07:16:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>And without thinking, I replied, "Good! I just wish it weren't as cold as a witch's heart out here!"

I've never heard it that way before. Where I come from it was always, "as cold as a witch's tit out here!"

beetlebum Posted: Thu Feb 10 07:35:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  weren't as cold as a witch's heart out here!"
>
>I've never heard it that way before. Where I come from it was always, "as cold as a witch's tit out here!"

yeah, that's what my friends say. but i picked up the saying from my mom, so she probably didn't feel right saying "titty", proper southern woman that she is. grin.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 10 07:47:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>yeah, that's what my friends say. but i picked up the saying from my mom, so she probably didn't feel right saying "titty", proper southern woman that she is. grin.

lol

My mother would never ever say the "T" word either. "Bosoms" were the only acceptable way to refer to that part of a woman's anatomy.

Mouse Posted: Thu Feb 10 10:02:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>The city thats been me home for over a year now, good Ol' Austin. Dont know how much longer I'll to be here though....hopefully within six months I would be in Frankfurt, Germany. But thats if things work out....which they have a way of not.

Argh, my aunt is coming home from Germany to Austin soon and I'm hoping to go visit her this summer. What terrible timing. :(

Anyways, there aren't any good graveyards in my town. Oh wait, there might be one... but I've only been there once and it's kind of on the fringe of downtown. I'll have to drop by it and look next time I don't have to hurry home.

Mouse

mat_j Posted: Fri Feb 11 18:48:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ah wicca, religion's fatter uglier cousin. Ilove people who claim to be magickal and have eeire powers, because they don't unless they're David Blaine "Twar", who should be hunted down.

Mouse Posted: Fri Feb 11 19:07:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Ah wicca, religion's fatter uglier cousin. Ilove people who claim to be magickal and have eeire powers, because they don't unless they're David Blaine "Twar", who should be hunted down.

*mutters*

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 11 19:10:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wiccans need to come over to satanism.

BHANG!

Mouse Posted: Fri Feb 11 19:13:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Erm, no thank you.

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 11 21:06:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yes Please.

Mouse Posted: Sat Feb 12 10:01:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Any necromancers or wiccans on gt?

Wiccan, but not necromancer. You won't find me trying to talk to the dead. The dead are dead, why the hell would they care to talk to me?

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Feb 12 12:13:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>The dead are dead, why the hell would they care to talk to me?
>
why not? you're pretty cool

Bzoso Posted: Sat Feb 12 13:56:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I thought ghosts hung out at graveyards....why the fuck would ever go to a graveyard except to bury someone.

Mouse Posted: Sat Feb 12 16:03:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>why not? you're pretty cool

Exactly, I'm too cool for the dead. ;)

Really though, even if I am cool, I'm certainly not cool enough to be worth disrupting someone's eternal rest to chat.

Mouse

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]