Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

How Far is a Bridge Too Far that is over a River Too Far?
Paulo Posted: Wed Feb 16 05:23:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In an attempt to take the feedback (that is the response from Addi to post more, not as I had originally thought the process by which a bird feeds its children. (Which I am told is by feeding by regugitation. A fact I wish I had known before feeding my nephew in this way) (Further more i'm not sure how many brackets within a bracket is too many such is my command of English. So I will end now with 3.)))

ANYWAY: THE POINT

I have a vast collection on my PC of videos, not the kind where women of dubious moral character and age partake in certain consentual and non parental consentual sex, but a collection of banned Warner Bros, Disney and MGM cartoons.

They have all been banned for various reasons, most being that they are highy racist. For instance "Bugs Nips The Nips" They are all very much products of the age in which they were made. The best of which being "Der Fuerher's Face" featuring an Oscar winning and rather catchy song. It stars Donald Duck as a Nazi soldier, he "Heil's" Hitler no less than 35 times.

My vague question is have any of you seen these banned cartoons and have any of you ever been offended by comedy/jokes. Personally I have never been offended by comedy or jokes, I also believe that Comedy is the one thing that should not be censured in anyway as long as it is not directly malicious.

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 16 05:53:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have seen the Donald Duck one. Hilarious.

And I've heard some of the most "offensive" and vulgar jokes and seen some of the worst pictures and cartoons. I find a lot of them hilarious.........most other people find them "offensive" and *gasp* worthy. Oh well, the world is not a nice place, and dark humour just reflects a lot of things in this world most people like to ignore and pretend like doesnt exist. After all, that would ruin their imaginary "everyone is happy and fine" world (which exists in their bubble ONLY).

I dont know, maybe things I have witnessed and experianced in real life has just desensitized me from all that, and allows me to see the humour in it.

In closing, EVERYONE and EVERYTHING is a target of humour. People should stop being so offended because their group (OH HEAVENS NOOOOOOO!!!!!) got made fun of. Yeah its funny when everyone else gets made fun of, but then they moved to your group, suddenly it became not so funny. I hear a joke about white people, or europeans, if the joke is funny I laugh. If its not funny, I dont laugh. But I never take offense to it. Same thing with jokes about my relion, political stance, hairstyle, clothingstyle, sexual preferance, nationality, choice of hobbies or activities....and so much more.

PS I'm in a angered mood so I rambled, I dont give a shit. You dont like it, shove it up your arse, and keep on shoving it until you can taste it.

FN Posted: Wed Feb 16 05:58:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Is there any way that they could get from your computer to mine?

Where did you get them?

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 16 06:03:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Plus, I laugh when little shits who get an attitude with adults fall off their bikes.

And when people fall on those funny home videos shows.

And when White people get angry. Isnt it so cute?

And black people making fun of how white people act when they get angry. BINGO! They are always right on the dollar, which makes it all the more funny.

I also laugh when Rush Limbaugh "resigns" from his job at ESPN(yeah right Rush, we all know you got fired, they just decided to be nice and let you pretend you resigned, you silly silly man).

Paulo Posted: Wed Feb 16 07:23:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Is there any way that they could get from your computer to mine?
>
>Where did you get them?

I got mine off Kazaa Lite, I found the list of banned cartoons on Google. If you do not have file sharing software where they can be found the only other way is to transfer them via MSN but i'm not sure of the limit on size of them.

I'm off sick officially thanks to dodgey bowels and a Dr's note to prove it, I'll work on a list of the cartoons and post them sometime over the next two days!

Posted: Wed Feb 16 07:27:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This is an interesting enough topic; Chris Rock has come under scrutiny lately for cracking a joke and saying that the right to abortion in this country is a beautiful thing; conservative idealists have set him under fire for it.

He was just cracking a joke, and even if not then: it's only an opinion, and he's got the right to it just like everybody else has the right to theirs.

Censorship of pretty much any kind is dubious at best.

addi Posted: Wed Feb 16 07:28:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wish I had a copy of those, Paulo.

I remember one in particular when i was a young boy and it was still deemed acceptable to show cartoons like that. It was a Daffy Duck Warner Brothers toon. I can only remember bits and pieces, but it really hit the Germans hard. There was a rooster that played a German officer (meant to mock Herrman Goehring i think), and some kind of little bird or something that was his sidekick, named Schultz. The rooster was constantly screaming, "Schultz!!". Of course Daffy gets the best of them.

When I'm feeling silly I still mutter one of the lines from that toon, especially when I feel overwhelmed with the odds against me. Daffy is flying around in a WWII plane and he suddenly stops mid air (you can do that in cartoons) and finds himself surrounded by several German airplanes. He looks directly at the the viewer and shouts in his unique spitting slobbery duck voice,
"Messerschmitts! A whole mess of Messerschmitts!!"

Maybe you had to be there. It always cracked me up.

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 16 07:47:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Paulo said:
>
>I'm off sick officially

NEAT!

I'm officially off because I just dont have to go today. This means today will consist of.........cheetos, hamburgers, internet, music, TV, taking dogs to the park, and going to buy a couple of CDs and a book or two.

After that, I dont know....we'll just have to wait and see. Definately not lifting weights though, no sir, I'm relaxing ALL day.

I may or may not shower today.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Feb 16 08:54:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>This is an interesting enough topic; Chris Rock has come under scrutiny lately for cracking a joke and saying that the right to abortion in this country is a beautiful thing; conservative idealists have set him under fire for it.
>
>He was just cracking a joke, and even if not then: it's only an opinion, and he's got the right to it just like everybody else has the right to theirs.
>
>Censorship of pretty much any kind is dubious at best.
>
I think this whole Chris Rock thing is just a cleverly designed publicity stunt to garner attention to the Oscars and nothing more.

In response to your censorship statement, disagreement is not censorship.

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 16 10:02:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>
>In response to your censorship statement, disagreement is not censorship.

Agreed.

FN Posted: Wed Feb 16 13:14:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I downloaded the fuehrers face with donald duck and a disney cartoon about nazi's as well.

Fucked up.

It kind of reminds me of those dancing Iraqi images on 9/11.

Nikki Posted: Wed Feb 16 13:16:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hahahahahahahahaaa

Zacq Posted: Wed Feb 16 15:58:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I vaguely remember watching on TV within the last year or two one where a bird (not a main character, just one for that part) had a shotgun and was killing other birds that represented all the big leaders during World War Two, him being the U.S. Winston Churchill was one, and he gave a speech before hiding or something.

FN Posted: Wed Feb 16 16:03:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.rotten.com/library/culture/banned-cartoons/

Seems to be down at the moment but earlier today it worked fine.

Puck Posted: Wed Feb 16 19:55:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think that Loony Toons strongly promotes racial stereotypes. Consider Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd...
It's pretty obvious.

I've got a copy of that Disney Nazi film, "Education for Death, The Making of a Nazi".

Paulo Posted: Fri Feb 18 12:47:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  OK, here is the list o my collection a lot of them are banned for the portrayal of African American's as the stereotypical "coon”, so please note I do use the word coon in this list but only to explain why they are banned.

Disney:

"Hitler's Children" - A rather disturbing, sometimes frightening account of life for a German child, from childhood, the Hitler Youth and then dying as a storm trooper on the battlefield. It does start with a funny portrayal of Hitler as a knight trying to woo Germany "portrayed as a big fat blonde lady"

"Der Fueher's Face" - Donald Duck wakes up to find himself in Nazi Germany, he is woken by Emperor Hirito, Mussolini and I believe Herman Goerring and sent to work in a Nazi shell factory, 31 and a half Heil
Hitler's come from Donald's mouth.

"The Spirit of !43" - A huge propaganda piece, where Donald duck is either told to save money for taxes to help the American war effort, or to spend the money and fund the Nazi war machine.

Warner Bros:

"A Coy Decoy" - A highly racist toon, featuring Daffy Duck in one of his earliest appearances (the toon is in black and white) basically he is a character in a book and he leaps out only to walk past the book "Black Beauty" He climbs aboard the book as if he is about to ride a horse out of its pages only to ride a large coon woman out of its pages.

“Bugs Bunny Nips The Nips” – Bugs Bunny is afloat to sea only to find himself washed up on a Pacific rim Island. He runs into a “Nip” soldier, Bugs pretends to be Emperor Hirito to fool him, it doesn’t work. Later on he finds the Japanese war base, he sumo wrestles one of them and later we learn he has defeated many by painting hundreds of Imperial flags on Trees. It ends with Bugs giving out free grenade lolly pops, while calling them “slant eyes, nip, monkey features and bow legs”.

“Coal Black and De Sebben Dwarves” – A coon re-enactment of the classic fairytale, set in the jazz era.

“Confederate Honey” – Banned because it is set during the Civil War and portrays African Americans picking cotton, its banned because one of these African American’s is a so-called “coon” and is shown to be very very lazy” The story is that Elma Fudd arrives at the plantation but is then called to war, he returns, we assume he is to ask the plantation owner’s daughter to marry him but he just wanted parking validation.

“Daffy The Commando” – Daffy parachutes into no-mans land in Nazi territory, he is chased by a Nazi duck officer and is then fired out of a cannon only to land in the very place a Rotoscoped Hitler is giving a speech, Daffy hits Hitler on the noggin with a mallet and the toon ends, Hitler doesn’t die so I assume Daffy was shortly executed.

“Herr Meets Hare” – Bug Bunny forgets to take a left at Albuquerque and ends up in the Black forest where Goering is hunting with his dog. Bugs eats all of his medals, Bugs pretends to be Hitler, Goering disappears and just as quickly appears again in full Nazi outfit. They then dance dressed as what I believe are Vaklery women. Eventually Goering’s dumb eagle catches bugs and he takes him to Hitler. Hitler speaks like a New York scam merchant, when Goering greet him “Heil Hitler” Hitler replies “Heil Me”. Hitler then looks in the bag only to be shocked to see that Bugs is dressed as Stalin.

“Hiwatha’s Rabbit Hunt” – A Native American hunts bugs I can only assume it is banned because it features the portryayl of an Indian as a buffoon.

“Jungle Jitters” – Bugs arrives in Africa to be besieged by tiny African tribe’s people speaking gibberish and wanting to eat him.

“Russian Rhapsody” – Adolf Hitler stars, he is annoyed at the Germans lack of success when it comes to bombing people so he personally flies to Moscow to bomb the Ruskies only for his plane to be picked apart by Russian Gremlins. Quite a catchy tune to it too.

“Tokio Jokio” – Quite simply Daffy and Porky in-advertantly fights some Nip spies on home territory.#
PARAMOUNT

“Felix Saves The Day” – The oldest banned cartoon (1922) banned simply because black people are drawn as “coons”, pretty imaginative cartoon as it mixes live action film with animation.

“Seein Red White & Blue” – Bluto does his best to get out of joining the navy, Popeye is the recruitment officer, but they son forget their rivalry and defeat some really really small and crafty Nip Spies.

There it is, my collection. Some of the cartoons are only bearably entertaining, in fact if it were not for their banned status they probably wouldn’t be well known at all. The real good ones are the war themed ones simply because its funny seeing Hitler lampooned and seeing Daffy Duck Heil Hitler. Some of them are finally on DVD release now some of them may never see the light of day again.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]