Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

On my hatred of popular moralism
Posted: Thu Feb 17 00:31:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I haven't posted nearly as much as I should have lately, and even then I haven't started a thread in ages. For this, I apologize. University has become somewhat overbearing on my GT time.

I've come to the conclusion that the single characteristic I despise in most of the people that I can't stand is their moral theory. This is largely why I have trouble with dealing with Christianity (and Values-Voters types, for that matter); simply their nature of imposing unfounded moral habits upon others.

Fred Phelps upsets me a bit much, maybe. Or others that come up with equally ridiculous tendencies of dishing out unfounded hatred based on what is commonly referred to as Divine Command Theory (disproven even before Christianity; read The Euthyphro). In any given moment, it seems as though for many people, the right thing to do is either what they misinterpret in the bible or other religious documents (better quit "spilling your seed", folks), or even worse, taking as fact the words that their priest/preacher tells them.

It occurs to me that popular moralism has overtaken the intelligent doctrine of critical moralism. It occurs to me that, in north america at least, people hardly want to think for themselves.

If the president says that God is on our side, and the war is a crusade, then the president is indoctrinating a moral code to a war without warrant, and half a nation accepts it as such, without questionning what value-laden language is being used, exactly, and it disgusts me.

So I have a proposal. Is it unnacceptable for me to ask of you all to attempt to live your lives in a way that is free of popular moralism? or, rather, live your lives free of the definitions of right or wrong that you refuse to question, for either religious or cultural beliefs?

I'm not asking you to accept certain things, or not accept them. I'm only asking you to question why you have certain beliefs on the subject; if you can't find an answer beyond "because I was told to think as such" for these questions, perhaps it's time you rethink your personal ethics.

Again, I'll reiterrate: I'm not asking you to accept, say, same-sex marriage if you are against it. What I AM asking you to do, however, is choose your being for or against it on the basis not of your church's insistence that the world is becoming again like Sodom, but also not on the basis of sweeping trends for same-sex marriage your state of province happens to abide by.

Be critical of your morals. Apply logic and reasoning, not blind faith. I'm not asking for much. I'm asking for sensibility.

Asswipe Posted: Thu Feb 17 03:59:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the problem with philosphers is their use of so-many words to say so-very little.

FN Posted: Thu Feb 17 04:44:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I get what you're saying, and I find it distubring sometimes as well how little some people come up with themselves as far as their believes/values go, living like they're watching a movie.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Feb 17 04:48:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i agree with you for the most part, but i think you have a rather optimistic view of human nature and our capacity to operate rationally.

and even if we all, by some miracle, formulate a consistent set of beliefs through rational introspection and observation, (even if every one were different), who is to say that humans could, fairly consistently, live by them? maybe everyone. but somehow i doubt it.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 17 07:16:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>the problem with philosphers is their use of so-many words to say so-very little.

: )

Some, not all of them.
The problem I have with Philsophers (and I majored in it) was that I saw the more you immersed yourself in it, the less connected you became with the world. Like you're on earth, but your feet aren't touching the ground. That kept me from pursuing a graduate degree in it.
For the record I saw the same thing happen with theologians. They end up obcessing on the literal translation of a greek word in some obscure passage in II Corinthians, and lose the forest from the tree.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Feb 17 07:24:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Asswipe said:
>>the problem with philosphers is their use of so-many words to say so-very little.
>
>: )
>
>Some, not all of them.
>The problem I have with Philsophers (and I majored in it) was that I saw the more you immersed yourself in it, the less connected you became with the world. Like you're on earth, but your feet aren't touching the ground. That kept me from pursuing a graduate degree in it.
>For the record I saw the same thing happen with theologians. They end up obcessing on the literal translation of a greek word in some obscure passage in II Corinthians, and lose the forest from the tree.

Maybe mediocre philosophers... But the greatest philosophers that I've had the pleasure to meet understand the need to actually live life (an examined one, at that) better than most of the other people I know.
And while I may be contradicting myself, I think it also needs to be said that those who are truly genius must (somewhat) live in their minds anyway, in order to cope. Interhuman connection isn't easy when one is trying to solve the mysteries of the universe. Grin.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 17 07:47:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>Maybe mediocre philosophers... But the greatest philosophers that I've had the pleasure to meet understand the need to actually live life (an examined one, at that) better than most of the other people I know.

You just met better philosophers than i did then

esse est percipi

beetlebum Posted: Thu Feb 17 07:51:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  

>esse est percipi

Can't say that I disagree with Berkeley on that account :o)

addi Posted: Thu Feb 17 07:53:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>Can't say that I disagree with Berkeley on that account :o)

Sheesh, you're good!
I'm impressed!
*But I'm also impressed with the profound content of nikki's posts, so maybe that isn't saying much

beetlebum Posted: Thu Feb 17 08:28:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  One can be impressed on many different levels, Addi.

The witty, intellectual, charming side of you was impressed with my comment.

The perverted, perverted, and perverted side of you was impressed with Nikki's comments.

snarky grin.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 17 08:32:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>The perverted, perverted, and perverted side of you was impressed with Nikki's comments.

Well that was just mean. Doesn't Oxford teach students about the use of sarcasm?

and for the record I'm not perverted..demented maybe, but not perverted

beetlebum Posted: Thu Feb 17 08:42:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And didn't wherever you went to school teach you about the friendly jibe? (big grin.) I regret I cannot humor your comments regarding Nikki's intelligence... it would just be so wrong.

P.S. I think still and will forever maintain that you're both demented and a perv, but never fear, in you is lovely and endearing. :)

P.P.S. No, Oxford does not teach students about sarcasm. I mean, I took a tutorial on sarcasm Michaelmas term with a rather saucy man who teaches as Christ Church, but I didn't get good marks on our conversations. At one point he said, "You know, you're a brilliantly witty girl." And I blushed and said "Thanks." And then he said rather bluntly, "You still don't get it, do you?" And I said, "Get what?"
I failed that module. Still can't understand why, considering I'm brilliantly witty.;o)

addi Posted: Thu Feb 17 08:48:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>And didn't wherever you went to school teach you about the friendly jibe? (big grin.)

I guess voice inflection, body language, and actually knowing you would help here.

>I regret I cannot humor your comments regarding Nikki's intelligence...

Nikki and intelligence shouldn't be used in the same sentence
(no sarcasm used)

addi Posted: Thu Feb 17 08:51:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Furthermore:

beetlebum said:

>P.S. I think still and will forever maintain that you're both demented and a perv, but never fear, in you is lovely and endearing.

Talk about mixed messages. That's like walking up to a plonker, kicking him in the groin for the hell of it, then saying your sorry, and kissing him.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Feb 17 08:58:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  

>Talk about mixed messages. That's like walking up to a plonker, kicking him in the groin for the hell of it, then saying your sorry, and kissing him.

Since when did demented and perverted become huge insults? Most of my friends are a bit demented (we're all tools at one time or another), and they sure wouldn't be any fun if they weren't at all perverted. Geeeeez. :o)

I didn't know that calling someone perverted was the equivalent to kicking a plonker in the groin. wooooah nelly! The things I've yet to learn....

(Question: If I walked into a cafe and screamed at a boy, "You're perverted!" would he then keel over in pain? Because that would be really funny, and I could just run away.)

addi Posted: Thu Feb 17 09:07:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>I didn't know that calling someone perverted was the equivalent to kicking a plonker in the groin. wooooah nelly!

uhh....i meant a figurative kick in the groin, not a literal one : )

>(Question: If I walked into a cafe and screamed at a boy, "You're perverted!" would he then keel over in pain?

If he was Belgian, yes. American boys would respond with a, "thank you"

beetlebum Posted: Thu Feb 17 09:19:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>beetlebum said:
>
>>I didn't know that calling someone perverted was the equivalent to kicking a plonker in the groin. wooooah nelly!
>
>uhh....i meant a figurative kick in the groin, not a literal one : )

i know, i know... but a rather powerful image just the same. :o)

Mouse Posted: Thu Feb 17 09:20:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Talk about mixed messages. That's like walking up to a plonker, kicking him in the groin for the hell of it, then saying your sorry, and kissing him.

It's funnier if you don't say you're sorry first. *evil laugh*

Addi isn't really that perverted, he's just constantly attempting to be humorous. Besides, females tend to me more perverted.

I still consider being called a freak or weirdo a compliment, always have.

Mouse

beetlebum Posted: Thu Feb 17 09:31:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Besides, females tend to me more perverted.

What?!! That's the goofiest thing I've ever heard, unless we take Nikki to serve as the representative for the female gender. I, for one, can assure all of you that I've never thought about sex. *eyes shift downwards* EVER.
I'm too busy concerning myself with popular moralism. So there. :oP

addi Posted: Thu Feb 17 09:33:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:

>Addi isn't really that perverted

Yeah..I'm only slightly perverted.
thank you, mouse

addi Posted: Thu Feb 17 09:38:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>I, for one, can assure all of you that I've never thought about sects.
>I'm too busy concerning myself with popular oralism.

English Birds..go figure

Mouse Posted: Thu Feb 17 09:40:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>What?!! That's the goofiest thing I've ever heard, unless we take Nikki to serve as the representative for the female gender. I, for one, can assure all of you that I've never thought about sex. *eyes shift downwards* EVER.
>I'm too busy concerning myself with popular moralism. So there. :oP

Sure, sure. Whatever you say.
I actually took that statement from the (female) concensus at lunch yeasterday.
We just have the ability to not let the whole world know just where our minds are going, excepting Nikki of course.
Guys seem to think they have the market on random horniness cornered.

Mouse

Mouse Posted: Thu Feb 17 09:42:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Mouse said:
>
>>Addi isn't really that perverted
>
>Yeah..I'm only slightly perverted.
>thank you, mouse

You're welcome, addi.

Now... where's my two dollars?

beetlebum Posted: Thu Feb 17 09:44:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  

>Guys seem to think they have the market on random horniness cornered.
>
>Mouse

"market on random horniness" might very well be the best phrase i've heard in a long, long time. and what a lovely market in which to trade goods. grin.

Mouse Posted: Thu Feb 17 09:49:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>"market on random horniness" might very well be the best phrase i've heard in a long, long time. and what a lovely market in which to trade goods. grin.

Thank you very much, mademoiselle, glad to be of service. *bows*
Mouse

addi Posted: Thu Feb 17 10:02:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:

>Now... where's my two dollars?

You've gone up in price!

*feeling dirty again
.......must......shower...

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Feb 17 11:20:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I was going to jump in on this thread, but you guys have such filthy minds, I feel like I need a shower after reading it.

FN Posted: Thu Feb 17 13:42:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>*bows*

Hey, what's nikki pointing at there?

*distant moans*

Oh...

FN Posted: Thu Feb 17 13:43:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I feel like I need a shower after reading it.

A golden one probably.

FN Posted: Thu Feb 17 13:45:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>Guys seem to think they have the market on random horniness cornered.

Actually, I told a girl a few days ago that she looked very sexually appealing so the conversation about random horniness started and she said the same thing; girls/women are also eroticabombs waiting to explode.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 17 13:51:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>girls/women are also eroticabombs waiting to explode.

lol
reminds me of meshie's famous line:

I couldn't wait any longer, I esploded.

*Towel..wet towel at table three please."

novemberrain Posted: Thu Feb 17 16:16:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Actually, I told a girl a few days ago that she looked very sexually appealing so the conversation about random horniness started and she said the same thing; girls/women are also eroticabombs waiting to explode.

I think I have a new favorite word

'eroticabombs'

In other news:
I was told I must start posting again more frequently...or else.

Posted: Thu Feb 17 18:30:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I really wish someone would have some sort of an actual reponse to my proposition

Kira Posted: Thu Feb 17 18:57:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You're too late Crim, I've been thinking for myself for years. However I appreciate the thought.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Feb 17 19:16:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>I really wish someone would have some sort of an actual reponse to my proposition.

Sorry. :( But who is going to disagree with the idea that independent, rigorous, analytical thought should be what forms our opinions, not popular moralism? So I'm going to simply agree, even if it is a rather boring, unintriguing response to your proposition.

FN Posted: Thu Feb 17 19:21:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>I really wish someone would have some sort of an actual reponse to my proposition

I hate propositions unless they are my own.

Also, I don't believe that the world can/will change in that direction in the next few centuries. And I doubt that it will after that too actually.

Some quote I always found very amusing:

The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant. The population is growing.

Although I do think that people have always been this stupid and always will be. The majority at least.

Do I sound like an elitist?

Yeah, perhaps, and I don't have any problems with it.

breeze Posted: Thu Feb 17 19:36:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I was forced to question my whole morals' system that inherited through upbringing and culture, when I moved out and started living on my own in different countries when I was 18. It made me reconsider and change my point of view on many things, but who knows if I would never leave my house, country, my "comfort zone" to see what's out there, I'd be perfectly happy in my own "little world", and I would never feel an urge to question my believes because pretty much everyone around me thinks the same.

I'm just trying to say that people like the ones you're talking about, Crim, are gonna always be there. You can't really do much about it, you just need to accept it.

Posted: Thu Feb 17 22:47:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  breeze said:
>I'm just trying to say that people like the ones you're talking about, Crim, are gonna always be there. You can't really do much about it, you just need to accept it.

The ones that keep to themselves, I have no problem with. But how do I "just accept" that people are going out and shooting abortion clinic doctors simply because their church is reinterpreting scripture?

Posted: Thu Feb 17 22:50:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Also, I don't believe that the world can/will change in that direction in the next few centuries. And I doubt that it will after that too actually.

I don't know about that; According the Nietzsche, the world's population is just now (more than a hundred years after his time) coming to adjustment with the death of god; Feuerbach said that the irreligious spirit would take a couple centuries.

I'm still hopeful the majority can start thinking for themselves soon enough.

Silentmind Posted: Thu Feb 17 23:25:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I agree. Look at Canada. The only reason why the legalization of gay marriage won't pass is because, as CriminalSaint put it, popular moralism has taken over. This shouldn't be about religion, and yet it is. Simply because it seems as though these morals must be applied simply because its the popular thing to do. The politicians have done it, as it might get them votes. Popular thing to do. Everyone needs to take a step back and see. But alas, I don't think that will ever be achieved.

breeze Posted: Thu Feb 17 23:28:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>breeze said:
>>I'm just trying to say that people like the ones you're talking about, Crim, are gonna always be there. You can't really do much about it, you just need to accept it.
>
>The ones that keep to themselves, I have no problem with. But how do I "just accept" that people are going out and shooting abortion clinic doctors simply because their church is reinterpreting scripture?

True. Similarly, I can't accept people who blow themselves out saying it's for the sake of Allah, thinking they will go straight to heaven afterwards. Extremism exists in every belief system. Maybe one of the ways is to educate people and show them different points of view and let them chose for themselves.

I understand in Middle East, education is not accessable for everyone, combined with poor economic conditions it often leads people to hang around with wrong groups. But here in the west I think many times it's voluntarily, as well as influence of media and community.

When I lived in OK for some time, people there often times never left the state throughout their lives. They didn't know much about different countries and cultures, and going to church wasn't only a Sunday activity, it determined their friends, boyfriends, opinion about pretty much everything around them. After 9/11 majority of mosques in that area were attacked, as well as any person on the street who was even slightly looking as a "terrorist" meaning he had Middle Easten look.

But you are right, here it's not like they don't have information available to them, most of them just accept things without questioning them.. but then again, what can you do? go and kill them all? too many of them. Educate them? maybe... I think American educational system and media should do a better job in this, but I think it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Mouse Posted: Thu Feb 17 23:40:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have issues with stupid people. I really don't understand why I can't just do away with them. Well, stupid people who are dangerous at least, can't I kill them?
No? Oh well.

I'm still trying to draw lines between what I think and what is a reaction of what I have been taught. Luckily for me I've some pretty decent teachers.

The extent to which I dislike religion really bothers me, the reaction I have to anything to do with religion is always negative. I know that religion itself is not negative and I try to remind myself of that but the rampant twisting of creed, and sometimes just the ideas themselves, leave me disgusted with the whole thing.

I don't understand what I just wrote but I'm fairly sure it made sense, oh dear... less sugar, more sleep.
Mouse

Asswipe Posted: Fri Feb 18 02:22:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  people do not care. find yourself a hobby or a reason to wake up every afternoon, and sometimes morning, and none of the questions or reasons matter. everyone else knows this so they do not bother questioning it. find ye games to entertain, that's all it's about; be it booze, drugs, chess, video games, a JOB, et cetera... that's what life's about; just find something to keep you happy and occupied.

now you can take years and years of philosophy courses to learn this or you can just do as everyone else does and do it because that's all there is to fucking do.

do what you love, what you enjoy doing.

what i just said is more true than what any philosopher has ever said, and, in action, what every philosopher has said boils down to what i just told you. (but plato's republic still rocks, as does thucidydies: on justice power and human nature; one tells you how to give people what i offered above and the other tells you how to keep the freedom)

but, yeah, you're talking about christian fanatics which ARE RARE AS FUCKING FUCK, so i do not understand the basis for your spiel. what is the basis for your spiel?

Posted: Fri Feb 18 03:38:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the inability of conservative politicians in canada with regards to the new SSM bill, mostly. also; fanatics aren't exclusively christian, either. and you're wrong in saying they're rare.

going on living my life is fine, but other people won't. other people feel the need to impose unfounded laws and rules against people, which shouldn't have any reasonable do, simply because of popular moralism in my view.

anyway, what if what I love to do is philosophy? then great, philosophy is fine.
but what if what I love to do is, say, as a lawmaker and statesman who is depending on the vote of a very influencial but largely stubborn christian public who doesn't like the idea of gay marriage, for no reason other than what their priest tells them? then there's a problem.

Asswipe, if you think simply finding a hobby and accepting the world as it is, is the bulk of human experience, I guess I'd hate to know what your life is like. Simply accepting things as they are and finding some entertainment to keep one happy doesn't make for any progress at all.

In short (since I've learned that you seem to become easily frustrated with longer entries):

+Christian fanatics aren't the only popular moralists.
+Even still, they are not "rare as fucking fuck".
+And even if they are, their laws dominate many countries. HIV has only relatively recently been accepted as a cause of AIDS in south africa, for example.
+the type, your type, to say that people should just find a hobby and let the world go on as it is are probably the kind most inclined to popular moralism.
+quit acting like a pre-teen. why such hatred of critical thinking? a long-felt inability to do it yourself? probably.

FN Posted: Fri Feb 18 05:35:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>I don't know about that; According the Nietzsche, the world's population is just now (more than a hundred years after his time) coming to adjustment with the death of god; Feuerbach said that the irreligious spirit would take a couple centuries.

I disagree.

I think that religion is starting to come back again. Not only islam.

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 18 06:05:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>
>
>I disagree.
>
>I think that religion is starting to come back again. Not only islam.

I'm going to have to agree with christophe on this one. In a big way.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 18 07:05:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>+quit acting like a pre-teen. why such hatred of critical thinking? a long-felt inability to do it yourself? probably.
>
Asswipe does not act like a pre-teen any more than you do Crim.
His critiques, while not always as articulate as yours though they can be when he feels like it, are every bit as relevant as your posted crap.
It's very obvious to me that you are a very intelligent individual and very confident as well. You are obviously very passionate about philosophy.
The real problem I have with a lot of your posts, and please don't take this personally, is that you come off sounding like a boring old professor that just loves to hear himself speak.

Asswipe Posted: Fri Feb 18 12:57:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>the inability of conservative politicians in canada with regards to the new SSM bill, mostly. also; fanatics aren't exclusively christian, either. and you're wrong in saying they're rare.

the inability of conservative politicians to do what?

>
>going on living my life is fine, but other people won't. other people feel the need to impose unfounded laws and rules against people, which shouldn't have any reasonable do, simply because of popular moralism in my view.

what other people are imposing unfounded laws against people?

>
>anyway, what if what I love to do is philosophy? then great, philosophy is fine.

yes! but it'd rock if you guys could learn how to be terse

>but what if what I love to do is, say, as a lawmaker and statesman who is depending on the vote of a very influencial but largely stubborn christian public who doesn't like the idea of gay marriage, for no reason other than what their priest tells them? then there's a problem.

so you come up with another word for marriage to offer the gays, give the same governmental benefits(tax breaks or whatever) and everyone's happy.

>
>Asswipe, if you think simply finding a hobby and accepting the world as it is, is the bulk of human experience, I guess I'd hate to know what your life is like. Simply accepting things as they are and finding some entertainment to keep one happy doesn't make for any progress at all.

progress?!?!?! who the hell said life is about progress?

>
>
>In short (since I've learned that you seem to become easily frustrated with longer entries):

yes, look at me shaking my fists and biting the wall... raaa, i'm rampaging... look out...

asshole

>
>+Christian fanatics aren't the only popular moralists.
>+Even still, they are not "rare as fucking fuck".
>+And even if they are, their laws dominate many countries. HIV has only relatively recently been accepted as a cause of AIDS in south africa, for example.

is this because some fanatics of sorts claimed the disease spurns from turtle meat or...?

>+the type, your type, to say that people should just find a hobby and let the world go on as it is are probably the kind most inclined to popular moralism.
>+quit acting like a pre-teen. why such hatred of critical thinking? a long-felt inability to do it yourself? probably.

i apologize for being so blunt and mean! But beetlebum pretty much summed up all you claimed in three lines:

"Sorry. :( But who is going to disagree with the idea that independent, rigorous, analytical thought should be what forms our opinions, not popular moralism? So I'm going to simply agree, even if it is a rather boring, unintriguing response to your proposition."

thus my original response way up top.

Posted: Fri Feb 18 14:07:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sideways

Even Maddox sees problems with over impressionability.

Bzoso Posted: Fri Feb 18 15:59:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sideways
>
>Even Maddox sees problems with over impressionability.

Finally an update!

And yeah, fuck popular moralism.

Silentmind Posted: Fri Feb 18 16:24:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In response to asswipe: The inability of conservitive politicians to see past the popular moralism that says gay marriage is bad, and look at the intent of the SSM. Equality of rights. Simply put, they are trying to deny a right {as stated in the UN declaration of rights and freedoms, which Canada subscribes to} based on religous viewpoints.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 18 16:42:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Silentmind said:
>In response to asswipe: The inability of conservitive politicians to see past the popular moralism that says gay marriage is bad, and look at the intent of the SSM. Equality of rights. Simply put, they are trying to deny a right {as stated in the UN declaration of rights and freedoms, which Canada subscribes to} based on religous viewpoints.
>
Marriage has absolutely nothing to do with religious viewpoints.
When you are talking about the right to inherit or retirement benefits and that sort of thing it's strictly a civil matter.
And any UN declaration of rights and freedoms should be taken lightly considering the thugs that are running that organization.

FN Posted: Fri Feb 18 16:50:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah I agree with hif, we should do exa the opposite of what those thugs are saying and do what the law-abiding citizens in the american government tells us to do.

It's for the good of the world.

Silentmind Posted: Fri Feb 18 18:15:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  

>Marriage has absolutely nothing to do with religious viewpoints.

I know. But as I said, most here are trying to defeat this bill based on religous viewpoints.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Feb 18 22:36:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Yeah I agree with hif, we should do exa the opposite of what those thugs are saying and do what the law-abiding citizens in the american government tells us to do.
>
>It's for the good of the world.
>
youbeturass !

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 18 22:47:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Do away with the current system.

A Triumvirate of Meshuggah, Chanz, and Christophe as world leaders will be best, for everyone.

Especially for Meshuggah, Chanz, and Christophe.

FN Posted: Fri Feb 18 22:50:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah.

Untill I take total control.

Then it'll be a better world for just me and my many, many brunette concubines.

iggy Posted: Fri Feb 18 23:11:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Do away with the current system.
>
>A Triumvirate of Meshuggah, Chanz, and Christophe as world leaders will be best, for everyone.
>
>Especially for Meshuggah, Chanz, and Christophe.

agreed

Bzoso Posted: Sat Feb 19 02:36:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  people are dying and starving and crying and choking and tortured!!! Oh well...

Gay people are in love, GASP!!

TO ARMS TO ARMS!!

Mesh Posted: Sat Feb 19 02:37:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  AND THEY SHOWED A BOOB ON TV OMGWTF!?!?!

Bzoso Posted: Sat Feb 19 02:41:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Seriously!?!?

..what channel?

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Feb 19 08:35:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  King Thong will crush you all and eat your children while laughing at the laments of your women !

choke Posted: Sun Feb 20 03:44:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>King Thong will crush you all and eat your children while laughing at the laments of your women !

If I ever have a child I'm putting it in your mailbox.

FN Posted: Sun Feb 20 07:04:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>AND THEY SHOWED A BOOB ON TV OMGWTF!?!?!

Anybody remember the thing with janet jackson?

America has the biggest porn industry in the world, and from what I've seen next to perhaps the chinese (some weird dudes there as well methinks ;o) some of the most incredibly disturbed people in the world ("feeders" anybody?) who don't have any problems with being perverts and the fact that their country is murdering another one (one?), yet, show a tit on TV and the world isn't big enough to fit all the shock.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Feb 20 08:39:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>meshuggah said:
>>AND THEY SHOWED A BOOB ON TV OMGWTF!?!?!
>
>Anybody remember the thing with janet jackson?
>
>America has the biggest porn industry in the world, and from what I've seen next to perhaps the chinese (some weird dudes there as well methinks ;o) some of the most incredibly disturbed people in the world ("feeders" anybody?) who don't have any problems with being perverts and the fact that their country is murdering another one (one?), yet, show a tit on TV and the world isn't big enough to fit all the shock.
>
Ya gotta take the bad with the good dude.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 21 06:33:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  YES! Oh god yes. Take that Fred Durst! I told you bitch. Christina Aguillera, youre next.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 21 06:44:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  These celebrities will have their phone numbers changed anytime now. You must act now!

Paris Hilton is such a dumbass.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]