Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Drugs
Billy Pilgrim Posted: Sun Feb 20 12:17:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aww why not it's been a while kids lets have a fair and honest discussion about drugs starting with bragging and ending in morality and tragic tales of loss. Who wants to go first?

Puck Posted: Sun Feb 20 13:58:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  First, nice foresight.

I suppose my passive bragging is the morality part and there is no tragic tale of loss.

I have way too much fun without drugs. I don't use any because
1) I'm odd enough. I don't need to get any worse.
2) I expect I wouldn't be affected at all.
3) I'll not do anything that could damage my current mental clarity.

Aeon Posted: Sun Feb 20 14:04:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't do drugs, but I'd try them if I got the chance. Why? Two words: Bill Hicks.

FN Posted: Sun Feb 20 14:18:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't do drugs, am against any form of drugs, but respect everybody's right to use any drug they want, including lsd and heroine and whatever, as long as they don't create a nuisance to anybody else and don't expect to get any help once they're addicted.

kurohyou Posted: Sun Feb 20 14:29:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have never done any illegal drugs, nor do I have any desire to do so. I had a meeting with the officer doing my background investigation last week and he didn't seem to believe me so apparently that is something odd. I guess most departments expect some form of experimentation at some point. Sorry to have disappointed him.

There are a number of reasons for my choosing not to try any drugs at any point in my life. The first reason would probably be because of my mother. She substantially struck the fear of god into us kids so that was the first reason. As I have gotten older and am capable of making my own decisions I have chose not to because I don't like not being in control. I have all but completly eliminated my consumption of Alcohol for the same reasons, I like to be in control of myself and be in a consdition where, if I needed to I could react.

Also since I have begun my study of buddhism I like to try to abstain from poisioning my body in anyway.

As for others, I consider that to be a personal choice. I have chosen not to, but I know a lot of people who have. I don't look down on them, I don't think less of them, its a decision for them and that is okay. If I got the sense that somone I cared for was abusing, or getting so involded that it was becoming a detriment to their well being, the I would probably say something to them. (This is regards to major drugs like Heroin, crack and cocaine) But that would be because I was cared about their well being.

For what its worth...

libra Posted: Sun Feb 20 14:31:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Have never done them.

I would try, but nothing heavy at all.

Puck Posted: Sun Feb 20 15:03:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>...But that would be because I was cared about their well being.

yeah...

I'd like to say I don't look down on or think less of users, but if it's necessary for them, not like an addiction, but as their source of fun, then I do.

FN Posted: Sun Feb 20 15:34:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I look down upon drugusers.

That includes people who smoke and drink untill they're drunk.

Ahriman Posted: Sun Feb 20 16:27:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Never done any, I have personal reasons.

Posted: Sun Feb 20 16:57:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I didn't dig pot. I'd much rather drink.

Mesh Posted: Sun Feb 20 17:03:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've done drugs before. Marihuana, LSD, PCP, Mushrooms etc etc. I'd rather not do anymore drugs, thank you.

Its even been about a month since I last had even a drop of alcohol. And a couple days without a cigarette now.

Mesh Posted: Sun Feb 20 17:07:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I ran for President -- because I got high. I never knew just what that meant -- because I was high. Now Dick Cheney's in charge, and I know why. Because I got high, because I got high, because i got high.

libra Posted: Sun Feb 20 17:10:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
> And a couple days without a cigarette now.

yay meshy!

lazyelephant Posted: Sun Feb 20 17:53:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i've done weed a couple times...but i got really messed up one night before i realized it would kill me faster--plus it was scary anyway, the stuff i saw.

i don't do drugs anymore, and i'll never smoke cigaretts. SMOKING KILLED MY FAMBLY!

anyway. i don't drink much either...just the occasional beer. we're talking, about once in every six months.

misszero Posted: Sun Feb 20 18:40:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i smoke weed with some kind of regularity (i guess... its not the clockwork kind of regularity, but it happens... regularly. haha. bob dylan turned the beatles on.). i drink (to get drunk). i used to smoke cigarettes (because i needed something to do between classes and it made me feel cool. haha. not really.) i took ecstasy a couple of times. used to take valium 'recreationally' (i suppose you'd call it that, i didn't have a prescription.) i did crystal meth a few times. speed a few times. am planning a trip to lsd-land (oh, hahaha. hrm.) i sometimes take codeine when i get a bad headache, or my uterus hurts a lot. I drink coffee (at least 2 cups a day. caffeine is a drug. soft drink, even orange crush, is a drug delivery system.). i used to have a prescription for anti-deps. i've done maybe a dozen courses of anti-biotics since i was born. i've been under general anaesthesia. i take paracetamol sometimes. i used to be on the contraceptive pill. i think that's it.

FN Posted: Sun Feb 20 18:45:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hmm.

I just thought of something.

What would happen if you would mix the contraceptive pill with xtc?

Addictive female contraception with a lot of horniness involved.

*to myself: "Christophe, you magnificent fuck, I think you're on to something."*

*grabs his post and wraps his arms around it, making sure nobody sees it*

*suspicious look*

*waggles off mubling something*

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Feb 20 19:22:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've done virtually every kind of drug you can do, short of sticking a needle in my arm, and I've done them all in mass quantities and for more years than most of you have been alive.
I can tell you this much, if you feel the need to get high, any kind of high, more often than just the occasional weekend recreational thing, you're eventually going to have a problem with it. The real problem here is that it will happen before you even realize it, then it will take that much more work to fix things.
My drug habit caused the failure of my first marriage, and her drug habits caused the failure of my second marriage.
I have been totally clean for two years now and haven't felt this good in a long time.
I'm very optimistic about my future but have a lot of regrets about all the wasted years in my past, spent chasing the dragon, with nothing but two failed marriages to show for it.
I have Debra (my new bride) to thank for my new lease on life and my father had tears in his eyes when he said to her "thank you for giving me back my son".
I still think drugs should be available to those who want them, but truth be told, most people cannot restrict themselves to occasional recreational use, and it will cost them dearly in the long run.

libra Posted: Sun Feb 20 19:34:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>
>
>*waggles off mubling something*

what's waggling you silly boy?

i can just see you walking away from us, computer in arms, swaying your hips as you walk.

Mouse Posted: Sun Feb 20 22:41:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>swaying your hips as you walk.

*rasies eyebrow and declines further comment*

Kira Posted: Sun Feb 20 23:07:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  'Waggling' is that eyebrow thing you do to signify that you are evil and you like it.

*Cracks a grin and waggles an eyebrow.*

See? ;)

Besides having sipped (and hated) wine and champagne a couple of times, I have never used any drugs.

Asswipe Posted: Sun Feb 20 23:33:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i use and have used drugs. the most dangerous one for me is alcohol and i'm running real close to needing it a bit much. me and friends will drink 4-5 nights a week, to excess, and it's something i'm in the process of breaking, but it's hard to find a worthy hobby to replace.

i've smoked pot, a whole lot, but because it's too damned expansive up north here and because i'm so poor, i only smoke occasionally now when others offer to fill the pipe. i've done shrooms on numerous occasions, done a bit of coke, snorted vicadins a few times, ritalins some... think that's about it.

i've several friends who are dangerously close to being alcoholics, if they arn't already, and half of it is the college mindset that drinking isn't a disease or drug but a lifestyle. which most people probably do break after leaving here but i know not all of 'em do. i've a cousin, recently graduated, who with a 9-5 job goes out to the bars on most nights and gets shitty.

HIF: didn't know about your past. i'm curious what you've found to replace the drugs and their sly way of providing fun. and along with that, if it's not too personal, just how much of what were you into?

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 21 00:27:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  When did you all (the ones who did/do it anyways) first start smoking, drinking, doing drugs?

I started smoking about 8 years ago.(Very young starter). Started with the marihuana and alcohol maybe a year later. Started with the LSD and shrooms, Ketamine, morphine, nitrous MDMA etc etc around 17 and 18. I only did most of those more heavy ones a few times each except for shrooms and LSD.

Bzoso Posted: Mon Feb 21 02:57:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I feel really bad for people who haven't at least smoked pot, its like, 'sorry, you'll never get it, I can't explain it, you just have to do it, just go play golf or do your taxes or some shit.'

choke Posted: Mon Feb 21 02:59:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeek. Started smoking pot at 11, doing P at 13, am now 16 and pretty much drug free. I feel so old.

Bzoso Posted: Mon Feb 21 02:59:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I started smoking about 8 years ago.(Very young starter). Started with the marihuana and alcohol maybe a year later. Started with the LSD and shrooms, Ketamine, morphine, nitrous MDMA etc etc around 17 and 18. I only did most of those more heavy ones a few times each except for shrooms and LSD.

Jesus man, morphine? That's some fear and loathing shit.

beetlebum Posted: Mon Feb 21 05:39:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  speaking of fear and loathing- hunter s. thompson killed himself last night.

sigh.

Mark Posted: Mon Feb 21 06:44:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Did about 3 joints in my entire life. Smoked for 3 years (16-19), but I'm clean for 2 years now. Do drink now and then, but not that much.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Feb 21 07:00:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>HIF: didn't know about your past. i'm curious what you've found to replace the drugs and their sly way of providing fun. and along with that, if it's not too personal, just how much of what were you into?
>
Alchohol, pot, Quaaludes,speed in all it's various form back in the early 80's, hash, opium, cocaine, meth, crank, crack, lsd, mushrooms, pcp, ice. Placidyls were my favorites way back in the late 70's, but the ludes were fun too. I used to mix the ludes with coke for a really fun evening at home. When I went camping acid was the drug of choice, or shrooms if acid wasn't available.
To answer your question, I haven't really replaced them with anything defiite, I just don't feel the need to get high to have fun anymore. I still do the things I used to do, I just do them sober now and feel a lot better for it.

antartica Posted: Mon Feb 21 11:12:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  good for you papa thong... stay that way Buddy.

this be mine history

smoking since aug 1992 (i was 15)
drinking since early '93
pot/hash/ganja - watever you wanna call it in any form since 94
have tried coke, brown sugar, thats all i think

when i had better access i used to wash down those small little yellow flu pills up to 8 a time with a codeine based cough syrup, or beer with them pills

last year i was drinking some 6-7 nights a week up to a bottle or slightly more of scotch a night, smoking at least a pack to pack n half...

right now, i am free from any form of controlled substances - including medication.

only the occasional "recreational drink" few times a month, but i still smoke anything from a pack to 2 a day...

oh... and coffee, if you consider caffiene a drug, i needs my coffee to wake up - tried it once to go thru the whole day without, but even by 6pm i was still trying to shake off the post sleep daze, took a drink of mud and i regained
consciousness...

and choke, not to worry, ya not old, stay clean n you still have a long bright future aheads... =)

Bzoso Posted: Mon Feb 21 20:12:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hunter...no..

Howitzer Posted: Mon Feb 21 21:46:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my friends and i did a lot of drungs and sold most of them in high school. after one really bad night my buddy and myself stopped cold. i still drink, but i wont do anything else. i dont support anyone that does drugs, but i dont look down on them. i made my own mistakes and i know ppl will make thier own and dont need my help, i would not take any one else's help.

breeze Posted: Mon Feb 21 23:40:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hmmm I've never done any drugs. I had a chance to try pot 2 days ago, but decided to pass.

I'd want to try pot, but I think that the furthest I would go with drugs.

Mouse Posted: Tue Feb 22 00:17:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I live on a sugar buzz. I've never gotten more than a bit tipsy nor have I smoked.
There are some drugs I would like to try once, but I'd rather to steer clear of anything really addictive.
I don't have a problem with other people doing drugs. If I found out that any of my friends were doing drugs regularly I'd tell them I thought they were stupid and leave it at that.

DanSRose Posted: Tue Feb 22 01:13:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I prefer only 3 drugs: my depression medicine, my anti-anxiety cute little orange tabs, and the Glorious of Glorious, the God Caffine, with many heads and in its many forms.

antartica Posted: Tue Feb 22 01:58:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  wish i had some greens now...

i need a drink...

libra Posted: Tue Feb 22 02:33:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i do rely on caffeine every day...

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 22 03:11:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Speaking of drugs, Lil' John must have been on some hard ones. Cause when I called, I couldnt understand a fucking thing that man said.

Stop mixing coke and PCP Lil' John, Its not good for you.

mat_j Posted: Tue Feb 22 19:00:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Where the hell is Asswipe, he has good opinions on this kind of stuff.

I've done Speed, coke, shrooms, poppers, and prescribed (to someone else) downers

I smoke vast quantities of marijuana, at some points i was smoking so much pot everyday i gave up smoking cigarettes by default.

I've cooled down a little this winter (appalling pun intended)

I still smoke pot (a bit too much)
I smoke cigarettes
I drink a lot (but not recently i've been more or less sober for a month!!!!)

The only drug i hate is coffee because it's habitual users think they are o so clever by making cups with five spoonfuls in or paying 5 in starbucks for it.

My opinions on drugs are the same as most- try it but don't let it rule you. Naturally people will get addicted to drugs and thats too bad but in my opinion there's plenty of other dangerous things to get addicted to like work, that kills you too and makes you very boring to speak to.

antartica Posted: Wed Feb 23 20:45:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  arghhhhhH!!!!!

i cannot get no stocks....

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]