Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Age ain't nothing but a number?
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 11:59:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Okay all my plinkers and plonkers in GTland when is the age difference of people important (aside from Anna Nicole Smith and R.Kelly)? I met this really cute nice guy but he's two years younger then I and I'm worried to no end about the problems that will arise. I will not disclose his age figure it out if you know my age. At this point I'm too ashamed to admit our difference. So don't ask.

Mouse Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:12:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Okay all my plinkers and plonkers in GTland when is the age difference of people important (aside from Anna Nicole Smith and R.Kelly)? I met this really cute nice guy but he's two years younger then I and I'm worried to no end about the problems that will arise. I will not disclose his age figure it out if you know my age. At this point I'm too ashamed to admit our difference. So don't ask.

I've never cared much about age, I tend to like guys older than me anyways. A problem can arise if the two of you are teenagers and one passes the 'legal' age before the other.
Knowing your situation in depth, all I have to say is if your other guy doesn't have the balls to make a move and you can pry yourself away from him go for it. What's a few years anyway?

Meow?

libra Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:12:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not sure about this one...it definitely depends on what age you are, and who the two people are.

I knew a girl in high school who was dating a sophomore when she was a senior. It seemed weird, but if you saw them together you knew that their ages didn't matter.

The thing is, if you guys are in different places in life...a lot of times that ends up showing after awhile and things don't work.

I dunno, I'm not really stating a direct opinion here, but i don't really have one.

Remember, girls can get arrested for statutory rape as well

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:15:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Remember, girls can get arrested for statutory rape as well

*blushes profusely* Yeah I know that luckily for the moment I don't have to worry abt that

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:17:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cat said:
I have to say is if your other guy doesn't have the balls to make a move and you can pry yourself away from him go for it. What's a few years anyway?

At this point my new younger guy friend is behaving more like a guy I wish to be with. My bleachheaded guy friend is moving way too slow for my taste anyway cute as he is I'm getting tired with his laid back point of view.

FN Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:21:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've had this conversation a couple of times with friends of all genders.

My answer is always the same:

My personal view on it is that once you're over 30-35, 5 years doesn't make much difference anymore.

If you're like 16-25, I feel like the age difference shouldn't really go over 2 years or something.

Why? Because I truly trhink it's pathetic to see like 26 year old guys with 18 year old guys, or even younger, or 18 year old guys with 14 year old girls, seriously, where's your fucking pride, not to mention common sense. I would feel like a complete loser I think, but that's just me ofcourse.

Seen too much bullshit happening with all the stuff.

Anyway, I also believe in minding my own business and other's doing the same, so the overall conclusion could be: Do whatever the hell you want as long as the 2 people are mentally mature.

Ofcourse, definitions of mentally mature vary quite a bit, with all the inheritent consequences.

FN Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:22:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Why? Because I truly trhink it's pathetic to see like 26 year old guys with 18 year old guys

18 year old girls.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:23:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thanx chris I thought u were going to eat me alive with this rather delicate subject. Yes I believe in the same age principle. And sadly enough this younger guys is more mature then my older one

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:24:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Christophe said:
>>Why? Because I truly trhink it's pathetic to see like 26 year old guys with 18 year old guys
>
>18 year old girls.

Christophe you ass

Mouse Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:29:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Why? Because I truly trhink it's pathetic to see like 26 year old guys with 18 year old guys, or even younger, or 18 year old guys with 14 year old girls, seriously, where's your fucking pride, not to mention common sense. I would feel like a complete loser I think, but that's just me ofcourse.
See, right here is where I get flaky. A lot of teenage guys are pretty daft, excluding our own dear Christophe of course, and teenage girl can be pretty daft too. Sometimes looking outside of your age range, in either direction, is the only way to find someone tolerable.

>Anyway, I also believe in minding my own business and other's doing the same, so the overall conclusion could be: Do whatever the hell you want as long as the 2 people are mentally mature.
Yeah, I like to give opinions and be perfectly happy to see them ignored.

*thwack Cherry*

Meow?

FN Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:32:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Christophe you ass

Want a piece of me?

It's a cliché that guys are slower to reach mental maturity. Now, for the largest part I'm guessing it's true, but to be frank, a lot of girls remain naieve cunts even when they're getting to the age of 20 as well.

Mouse Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:34:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Cherry_Moon said:
>>Christophe you ass
>
>Want a piece of me?
LOL.

>It's a cliché that guys are slower to reach mental maturity. Now, for the largest part I'm guessing it's true, but to be frank, a lot of girls remain naieve cunts even when they're getting to the age of 20 as well.

That's what I was trying to gently hint at. O_o

Meow?

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:34:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Cherry_Moon said:
>>Christophe you ass
>
>Want a piece of me?

No not really but I think Nikki might

>It's a cliché that guys are slower to reach mental maturity. Now, for the largest part I'm guessing it's true,

there are exceptions and you're not one of them

but to be frank, a lot of girls remain naieve cunts even when they're getting to the age of 20 as well.

Like Nikki?

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:35:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cat said:
>That's what I was trying to gently hint at. O_o

Gently hint my ass

at least in person you're not such a Mouse Cat

Mouse Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:39:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Cat said:
>>That's what I was trying to gently hint at. O_o
>
>Gently hint my ass
>
>at least in person you're not such a Mouse Cat

You're the goofyest person in the world. *shakes head*

See, I gently hint with words, and then I smack you upside the head. With you; however, I just cut straight to the smack part.

Meow?

Mouse Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:40:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think we scared Chris away....

Meow?

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:40:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cat said:
>See, I gently hint with words, and then I smack you upside the head. With you; however, I just cut straight to the smack part.
>
>Meow?

Meow my ass should be more like roar.
Don't hit my for I bruise easily

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:42:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cat said:
>I think we scared Chris away....
yeah we did

Mouse Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:43:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Meow my ass should be more like roar.
That's the whole idea, meow sweetly before pouncing and ripping the dazed victim to shreds. :D

>Don't hit my for I bruise easily
Don't hit your what? ;P

Mrow?

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:45:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cat said:
>>Don't hit my for I bruise easily
>Don't hit your what? ;P
head? maybe?

>Mrow?
nope more like hmm I don't know meroar

FN Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:46:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>there are exceptions and you're not one of them

I believe I am.

I dated a 16 year old girl when I was 14 as well. Reversed world.

Mouse Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:47:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Six, now seven posts on one thread.
Jeez.
I need to be punished. *hangs head*

Mroar!

FN Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:47:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cat said:
>I think we scared Chris away....

That's what I wanted you to think.

Yes. That's it.

*waggles off*

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:48:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I believe I am.
>
>I dated a 16 year old girl when I was 14 as well. Reversed world.

okay that's my situation sigh there I'm out of the closet

FN Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:48:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I had fun, that's for sure.

Mouse Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:50:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It wasn't a very deep closet.

I still think it's not a big deal. I'm four years older than him and I was tempted. Oh course I could never get to anyone past you. :P

Mew.

FN Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:50:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Christophe said:
>>I believe I am.
>>
>>I dated a 16 year old girl when I was 14 as well. Reversed world.
>
>okay that's my situation sigh there I'm out of the closet

For the guy's friends, he'll be the man.

For your friends, you'll probably be pathetic.

I'm not saying that's my view on things, but I'm saying that'll probably be what results from it.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:51:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cat said:
>It wasn't a very deep closet.

nope sadly enough

>I still think it's not a big deal. I'm four years older than him and I was tempted. Oh course I could never get to anyone past you. :P

Yeah my other friends complain abt that too

Mouse Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:52:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm one of her friends, and I don't see as pathetic.

Okay, I have to skip off to class.
*blows kisses*

Meow.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:53:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>For the guy's friends, he'll be the man.
>
>For your friends, you'll probably be pathetic.

too true so that is y only Mouse er Cat er Mouse is the only one who knows

FN Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:54:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cat said:
>*blows Chris*

Aww, you shouldn't have.

I'm sorry.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:55:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Cat said:
>>*blows Chris*
>
>Aww, you shouldn't have.
>
>
>
>
>I'm sorry.
You should be. I see Mouse taking out the bat now so put your running shoes on boy

FN Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:56:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Christophe said:
>>For the guy's friends, he'll be the man.
>>
>>For your friends, you'll probably be pathetic.
>
>too true so that is y only Mouse er Cat er Mouse is the only one who knows

Perhaps you could do what I ended up doing, be a sort of fuckbuddies.

I'm sure he won't mind.

FN Posted: Wed Feb 23 12:57:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>put your running shoes on boy

I would, but my pants are hanging around my ankles and it's really difficult to run like this

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 13:01:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>>Perhaps you could do what I ended up doing, be a sort of fuckbuddies.
don't give me ANY ideas of that nature

>I'm sure he won't mind.
probably not

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 13:02:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I would, but my pants are hanging around my ankles and it's really difficult to run like this

from what?

FN Posted: Wed Feb 23 13:06:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Christophe said:
>>I would, but my pants are hanging around my ankles and it's really difficult to run like this
>
>from what?

From Mouse. Or Cat.

Besides, it's all slippery here.

I'm having a conversation about oral sex with a girlfriend of mine. Can you tell?

I'll tell her to change the subject.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Feb 23 13:15:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I'm having a conversation about oral sex with a girlfriend of mine. Can you tell?

no thanx 4 telling me though

>I'll tell her to change the subject.

much appreciated

antartica Posted: Wed Feb 23 14:36:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  from the looks of the poll results so far 4 aye vs 0 nay... looks pretty alright to me for younger guys to be with more matured women...

i'm seeing someone older anyway... =)

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 23 15:30:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  2 years arent so bad.

marsi Posted: Wed Feb 23 15:54:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
> I met this really cute nice guy but he's two years younger then I and I'm worried to no end about the problems that will arise.

If you like him and he likes you, go for it.
I don't know what problems you have in mind. But two years age difference shouldn't be a problem.

FN Posted: Wed Feb 23 17:27:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  marsi said:
>If you like him and he likes you, go for it.

No offence, but that's the most stupid advice you can give people; "if it feels right you should just go for it."

Recipe for doom I tellz ya! Doom!

lazyelephant Posted: Wed Feb 23 18:37:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
> "if it feels right you should just go for it."

heh heh....

i think that a few years don't really matter...if you're comfortable being with that person, and if they like you for who you are and vice versa, then just "go with the flow".

i doubt that made sense.

Bzoso Posted: Wed Feb 23 19:59:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If it isn't illegal, then it doesn't really matter.

Puck Posted: Wed Feb 23 20:27:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bzoso said:
>If it isn't illegal, then it doesn't really matter.

And if it is, don't get caught

antartica Posted: Wed Feb 23 20:43:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  illegal?

what's illegal?

nothing... NOTHING is illegal........

long as you don't get caught

kurohyou Posted: Wed Feb 23 21:12:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well first off I answered incorrectly on the poll. Should probably try reading more carefully before responding...I answered no, but meant yes...I would.

I have. I dated someone who was 17 when I was 18, and I don't think that counts...

My wife and I are the same age, and given that we have been married for 6 years we have grown up together in a lot of respects.

I don't have a problem with age gaps, to each their own. As long as the relationship is built on respect and understanding who is anyone to judge.

I use to get irked when older guys would come and pick up on the girls I knew in high school while we were in high school . There was just something off about that. But after the age of 18 I think its open season, provided its respectful.

For what its worth...

Mouse Posted: Wed Feb 23 22:23:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  >Would you ever date a younger guy/an older woman?
>Yes
>No

Oooooo, JQ is watching! ;)

Meow?

Howitzer Posted: Thu Feb 24 00:44:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  of my relationships, only 2 have been within 2 years. Two were 3 years older than me and one was 4 years younger (that one did not last very long). i will say that maturity varies more than you would think. i would put my 4yr. on par with one my age and maybe close to one 3yr. the other two are pretty close, despite a 3yr diff.

So, moral of the story? go for it, all that can happen is it doesnt work out and you feel like shit for a long time. As long as you are alive you are gonna feel like shit, so you might as well have some fun, even if the notions of "legality" are thrown out the window. no worry, there will be more fun out there somewhere.

FN Posted: Thu Feb 24 05:29:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't know what it's like in america, but just so you know: here sex is legal from the age of 16, below 16 you can be convicted of sexual assault, and 14 or less is automaticly considered rape.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Feb 24 10:50:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thanks Chris that only makes me more paranoid.

Mouse Posted: Thu Feb 24 11:57:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So I googled our state's age of consent and all the sites I found said sixteen.
Here's the legal language I found;
A defendant is guilty of a Class C felony if the defendant engages in vaginal intercourse or a sexual act with another person who is 13, 14, or 15 years old and the defendant is more than four but less than six years older than the person, except when the defendant is lawfully married to the person.

There you have it, parents may be a problem but at least you are out of reach of the long arm of the law. ;)

addi Posted: Thu Feb 24 13:35:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ludwig and I are in different camps on this one.
He won't even date any plinker that's over 25.

I find the whole notion of an older male with a much younger woman morally reprehensible and repulsive.

breeze Posted: Thu Feb 24 14:40:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>I find the whole notion of an older male with a much younger woman morally reprehensible and repulsive.
>

I've always dated guys who were old than me, and sometimes it was quite a big difference (10+ yrs)and I have never seen any problem with this. In contrary, I rarely find guys of my age interesting, because most of the time they are not mature enough (not all of them though).

I'm sure addi if you see a much younger and pretty woman hitting on you, you would change your mind =P

Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 24 14:44:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Breeze, I like your avatar.

FN Posted: Thu Feb 24 15:08:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Not pointing any fingers here, but what I do know is that a lot of the girls who do date much older guys usually do so because they lack the maturity they claim to be seeking in older guys and like to think that dating an older guy makes them more profound.

And judging from a lot of the reactions I got before when I told people like this, I don't think I'm that far off.

FN Posted: Thu Feb 24 15:09:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And always remember ladies, guys fuck, girls get fucked.

breeze Posted: Thu Feb 24 17:02:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Not pointing any fingers here, but what I do know is that a lot of the girls who do date much older guys usually do so because they lack the maturity they claim to be seeking in older guys and like to think that dating an older guy makes them more profound.

Yeah yeah, and I also heard they do it because they are very attached to their fathers so they are looking for "father" figure in those guys and all that.

I don't care what people do it for, as long as they feel comfortable in those relationships. I personally think that some girls date older guys because they are usually (not all of them) more responsible, more intellectual (usually due to experiences and better knowledge of some things), and caring. You're right that often girls themselves lack that maturity, not to the same level, after all the lack of life experience is still there. Very often older guy teaches a lot to the younger girl, _because_ he is more mature and i don't see anything wrong with this. But i doubt anybody would go out with somebody older just to "look profound" unless it's like a high school thing where it's "cool" to be with upperclassmates.

I'm not saying that all people of my age lack maturity or anything, because after all I still date guys of my age, i'm just saying that IF there's an older guy, I don't see age as a problem to the relationship as long as they enjoy each others company and they have things to share.

FN Posted: Thu Feb 24 17:55:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  breeze said:
>Very often older guy teaches a lot to the younger girl

Yeah, I bet he does.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 24 19:14:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>breeze said:
>>Very often older guy teaches a lot to the younger girl
>
>Yeah, I bet he does.

You need any help in that department, Christophe?

breeze Posted: Thu Feb 24 19:16:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>breeze said:
>>Very often older guy teaches a lot to the younger girl
>
>Yeah, I bet he does.

=)

Kira Posted: Thu Feb 24 19:19:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Addison... what is Ludwig doing at a dude ranch with Willy Wonka?

FN Posted: Thu Feb 24 19:23:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>You need any help in that department, Christophe?

Want to be my older guy teacher?

libra Posted: Thu Feb 24 19:31:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey addi, it's good to see you and Ludwig back.

misszero Posted: Thu Feb 24 20:06:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, i was going to say 'isn't that gene wilder?'

and addi, that isn't the tune you were singing the other night *drops a wink*

antartica Posted: Thu Feb 24 20:40:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  who's your daddy!!!

Puck Posted: Thu Feb 24 22:21:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>Addison... what is Ludwig doing at a dude ranch with Willy Wonka?

screen test maybe?

Paulo Posted: Fri Feb 25 06:16:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I went on a date with a 16 year old last june (I was, and still am 21) it can be read about further down in the love section, nothing ever happened but I still left that date with a overwhelming sense that I had done something wrong.

addi Posted: Fri Feb 25 07:09:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sailovzi said:
>Addison... what is Ludwig doing at a dude ranch with Willy Wonka?

I guess this one is a little too "inside"...or maybe I'm just too old

It's from Blazing Saddles. In the movie Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory fame) is grabbing the black town sheriff (Cleavon Little)hoping to get the attention of a group of KKK members in their white sheets. The real script has the black sheriff yelling:

"Hey! Where the white girls at?!"

It got their attention.

*thanks, Sweet P. thanks Libra : )

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 25 08:00:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I lurved Blazing Saddles.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Feb 25 11:35:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wanted to thank all of you except those who have made me paranoid about sexual consent. Mouse what makes you think I would be doing the horizonal bop with him anytime soon *furiously arranges hair to hide any evidence of horns*

FN Posted: Fri Feb 25 11:40:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>except those who have made me paranoid about sexual consent

Yeah, I'm really sorry I tried to keep you with your 2 feet on the ground.

If you feel like it, go for it, and you'll live happily ever after.

You shouldn't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Feb 25 11:48:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>You shouldn't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer.

I'm teasing besides I wanted an answer. I can take a grain of salt

FN Posted: Fri Feb 25 13:09:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>I'm teasing

I don't like a tease.

;o)

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Feb 25 14:43:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You don't eh?

Puck Posted: Fri Feb 25 17:23:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>It's from Blazing Saddles....

I knew. I just didn't want to halt any imagination.

mat_j Posted: Sat Feb 26 19:19:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Sailovzi said:
>>Addison... what is Ludwig doing at a dude ranch with Willy Wonka?
>
>I guess this one is a little too "inside"...or maybe I'm just too old
>
>It's from Blazing Saddles. In the movie Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory fame) is grabbing the black town sheriff (Cleavon Little)hoping to get the attention of a group of KKK members in their white sheets. The real script has the black sheriff yelling:
>
>"Hey! Where the white girls at?!"
>
>It got their attention.
>
>
>
>*thanks, Sweet P. thanks Libra : )
>
>
Hahahahaha

That's one of my favourite Ludwigs so far, made me laugh even harder than the drunken punch up at a wedding one. Such a funny fillum too

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun Feb 27 22:43:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  How did this thread wander off in the direction of blazing saddles. *sighs and stalks off to listen to violin music*

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]