Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

red stars
libra Posted: Mon Feb 28 16:48:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The following is part of the California Education Code:

"EDUCATION CODE
SECTION 51530

51530. No teacher giving instruction in any school, or on any
property belonging to any agencies included in the public school
system, shall advocate or teach communism with the intent to
indoctrinate or to inculcate in the mind of any pupil a preference
for communism.
In prohibiting the advocacy or teaching of communism with the
intent of indoctrinating or inculcating a preference in the mind of
any pupil for such doctrine, the Legislature does not intend to
prevent the teaching of the facts about communism. Rather, the
Legislature intends to prevent the advocacy of, or inculcation and
indoctrination into, communism as is hereinafter defined, for the
purpose of undermining patriotism for, and the belief in, the
government of the United States and of this state.
For the purposes of this section, communism is a political theory
that the presently existing form of government of the United States
or of this state should be changed, by force, violence, or other
unconstitutional means, to a totalitarian dictatorship which is based
on the principles of communism as expounded by Marx, Lenin, and
Stalin."



I thought some of you might be interested in this, and I want to know if anyone else is experiencing similar events at their school campus.

I go to a Junior College that is known for its academic excellence.
6 teachers at my school found pieces of paper with the above education code printed on them along with a red star attached to their office doors on campus. The "letters" were signed "Anonymous Students" and the word "inculcate" was circled and defined by those posting the letters.

The instructors and others feel that it is a cowardly threat by students who were perhaps led by another organization. They feel that it is their duty to teach about various types of government/economic systems so students understand what it is they are living and what they are not living in, understand the history of this country and the history of others. In sociology, an economic system has an effect on the mindsets and types of individuals within it, and my sociology teacher (one of the six) talks about communism, capitalism, and other structures in that sense. The professors to recieve these letters were professors of History, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology and Political Science.


 
casper Posted: Mon Feb 28 18:28:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the Legislature does not intend to
prevent the teaching of the facts about communism.

That sentence right there makes these "students" morons. of course who am i to talk. i had to look up the word inculcate :)


 
breeze Posted: Mon Feb 28 19:04:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I was in elementary school, when my country was still under influence of communism. I remember I was given the pin with young Lenin's face on it and I had to wear it everyday to school and we had to sing USSR anthem every monday and friday. This is pretty much what this code is trying to prevent.

So I agree with Casper. Even though I also had to look up the meaning of inculcate =P



 
Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 28 19:29:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  breeze said:
>
>So I agree with Casper. Even though I also had to look up the meaning of inculcate =P
>

Me too.

Oh yeah, and, those students are dumb.


 
Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 28 19:31:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://washingtontimes.com/commentary/20050226-101212-8072r.htm


 
Posted: Mon Feb 28 20:24:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I find it ludicrous that they're not making the difference between Marxist communism and Stalin's communism.

That rule should not be upheld.


 
libra Posted: Mon Feb 28 21:07:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It looks like the teachers are going to try to get rid of the code. Not because they've violated it, but because it's stupid.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Mon Feb 28 21:39:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's not stupid.
It should be prohibited to indoctrinate or inculcate students to any kind of communism, Marxist or otherwise in any public school.
To teach the theory is an entirely different thing, and that is not prohibited, nor should it be.


 
DanSRose Posted: Mon Feb 28 23:09:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Marxist communism is essentially saying "Hey! We're all people and we should all be equal. So why don't we do that?"




 
Bzoso Posted: Tue Mar 1 01:13:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  breeze said:
>I was in elementary school, when my country was still under influence of communism. I remember I was given the pin with young Lenin's face on it and I had to wear it everyday to school and we had to sing USSR anthem every monday and friday. This is pretty much what this code is trying to prevent.

Thats...out of countrol m'man.

http://www.wellredusa.com/stickers.asp

At the Socialist party web site they used to sell Marxist lunchboxes, with a big picture of Marx and a sickle and hammer.

As long as the teacher isn't trying to recruit himself his own personal Red Army, it doesn't really matter. Still, whoever posted up that code is a stupid pig fucker.

Got Marx?


 
breeze Posted: Tue Mar 1 01:43:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bzoso said:
>breeze said:
>>I was in elementary school, when my country was still under influence of communism. I remember I was given the pin with young Lenin's face on it and I had to wear it everyday to school and we had to sing USSR anthem every monday and friday. This is pretty much what this code is trying to prevent.
>
>Thats...out of countrol m'man.
>
>http://www.wellredusa.com/stickers.asp

Wow, they have exactly the same pin I was wearing in elementary school in "pins" section! I haven't seen them in a while.

I dont think there's a threat of communism here in the US, back home though we had a party that was proposing to create Communist republic, but it didn't live long. One by one, they started disappearing until they just seized to exist... but there are still some old people who remember USSR and miss it.


 
Mark Posted: Tue Mar 1 11:14:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>I find it ludicrous that they're not making the difference between Marxist communism and Stalin's communism.
Amen to that.

--

Like hif said, it is against indoctrination and stuff like that, not against teaching about a theory.

They actually should make up more rules like this like not to inculcate any form of political structure or religion or whatever... just give the damn theory and let the students sort it out for themselves.


 
casper Posted: Tue Mar 1 14:25:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bzoso said:
>breeze said:
>>I was in elementary school, when my country was still under influence of communism. I remember I was given the pin with young Lenin's face on it and I had to wear it everyday to school and we had to sing USSR anthem every monday and friday. This is pretty much what this code is trying to prevent.
>
>Thats...out of countrol m'man.
>
i don't see what's so out of control about it. everyday in school i had to say the pledge of alliegence. what's the difference?


 
libra Posted: Tue Mar 1 15:32:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wolffie said:
>Like hif said, it is against indoctrination and stuff like that, not against teaching about a theory.
>
>They actually should make up more rules like this like not to inculcate any form of political structure or religion or whatever... just give the damn theory and let the students sort it out for themselves.

I wouldn't mind that...I just don't think they should have a just communist code. It seems like no teacher should be trying to indoctrinate anything, whether it be capitalism, communism or democracy...

If they have the code, it should be a generalized code that talks about indoctrination in general, not just some relic from the fifties.


 
Bzoso Posted: Tue Mar 1 18:23:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  casper said:
>Bzoso said:
>>breeze said:
>>>I was in elementary school, when my country was still under influence of communism. I remember I was given the pin with young Lenin's face on it and I had to wear it everyday to school and we had to sing USSR anthem every monday and friday. This is pretty much what this code is trying to prevent.
>>
>>Thats...out of countrol m'man.
>>
>i don't see what's so out of control about it. everyday in school i had to say the pledge of alliegence. what's the difference?

Haha true, hey breeze, what's your avatar pic from?


 
breeze Posted: Tue Mar 1 23:03:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bzoso said:
>casper said:
>>Bzoso said:
>>>breeze said:
>>>>I was in elementary school, when my country was still under influence of communism. I remember I was given the pin with young Lenin's face on it and I had to wear it everyday to school and we had to sing USSR anthem every monday and friday. This is pretty much what this code is trying to prevent.
>>>
>>>Thats...out of countrol m'man.
>>>
>>i don't see what's so out of control about it. everyday in school i had to say the pledge of alliegence. what's the difference?
>
>Haha true, hey breeze, what's your avatar pic from?

Isn't it cute =) I got it from one Russian wallpapers website. it's on my desktop too..


 
Bzoso Posted: Tue Mar 1 23:34:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  breeze said:

>Isn't it cute =) I got it from one Russian wallpapers website. it's on my desktop too..

It is, in a weird, deppressing kind of way, you're going to have to hit me up with a link to that web site some time.


 
breeze Posted: Tue Mar 1 23:46:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bzoso said:
>breeze said:
>
>>Isn't it cute =) I got it from one Russian wallpapers website. it's on my desktop too..
>
>It is, in a weird, deppressing kind of way, you're going to have to hit me up with a link to that web site some time.

yeah i know, it's weird. the wallpaper was called "outcast", so it's kinda sad. You just need to go to www.wallpapers.ru they have a bunch of good ones there.


 
breeze Posted: Tue Mar 1 23:54:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bzoso said:
>breeze said:
>
>>Isn't it cute =) I got it from one Russian wallpapers website. it's on my desktop too..
>
>It is, in a weird, deppressing kind of way, you're going to have to hit me up with a link to that web site some time.

Also, once you get to this website it's in Russian so it might be kinda difficult to navigate. You gonna see the newest ones on the front page, but to see more click on "новинки" on the left handside of the page. It has all the wallpapers listed there.


 
breeze Posted: Tue Mar 1 23:56:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  breeze said:
>Bzoso said:
>>breeze said:
>>
>>>Isn't it cute =) I got it from one Russian wallpapers website. it's on my desktop too..
>>
>>It is, in a weird, deppressing kind of way, you're going to have to hit me up with a link to that web site some time.
>
>Also, once you get to this website it's in Russian so it might be kinda difficult to navigate. You gonna see the newest ones on the front page, but to see more click on "новинки" on the left handside of the page. It has all the wallpapers listed there.

If you can't read this word in "" change the encoding to Cyrillic (Windows) and you'll be able to read it.


 
Mesh Posted: Wed Mar 2 01:09:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Breeze, youre so awesome.


 
breeze Posted: Wed Mar 2 01:25:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>Breeze, youre so awesome.

thanks, meshy =)


 
libra Posted: Wed Mar 2 17:29:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Here's the article about the whole communist thing.

Apparently, it was some girl from the republican club on campus sneaking around and trying to make some sort of point...

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050302/NEWS/503020303/1033/NEWS01


 
Bzoso Posted: Wed Mar 2 21:21:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Here's the article about the whole communist thing.
>
>Apparently, it was some girl from the republican club on campus sneaking around and trying to make some sort of point...

Republicans being stupid cock-eating shitheads? Nahhh.


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]