Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Roommates
jennemmer Posted: Thu Mar 10 01:12:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey all,

Just curious who here is currently living with a roommate. I am likely to be sharing an apartment when I move away in the summer and was wondering if there was anything beyond the general "will we be able to share space without killing each other" considerations I should be concerned with.

Also, for interest sake, feel free to share any good roommate stories (horror or otherwise).

Mesh Posted: Thu Mar 10 01:50:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have two at the three at the current time.

All females. I need not say more.

Mesh Posted: Thu Mar 10 01:55:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  meshuggah said:
>I have two at the three at the current time.

Fackin A, that should read....

I have three at the current time.

Fack.

Dancer Posted: Thu Mar 10 02:58:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  once i came across a 'i hate my roommate' blog. everyday there's a new complaint on the other roommate. some rather.. can't seem to find the link now, if i managed, i'll post here.

antartica Posted: Thu Mar 10 03:12:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dancer said:
>once i came across a 'i hate my roommate' blog. everyday there's a new complaint on the other roommate. some rather.. can't seem to find the link now, if i managed, i'll post here.

http://www.google.com/search?lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=i%20hate%20my%20roommate

iggy Posted: Thu Mar 10 03:19:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i had a couple of roomies when i was in perth

the first year was with my best mate for the longest time.
was a nice apartment with a great view of the river... had lots of fun till he decided to get a dog.

small little fucker shat everywhere... and that's when i decided to move out

and i went to stay in the student hostel.

had wierd roomies.

an america rasta
an aussie farm boy with a huge assortment of sex toys
an iranian with a bad ass attitude
a malaysia with superb martial arts background (loved the times we had our weekly bar brawls)
a burmese fella with an amazing golf swing and humour as well
and an indonesian virgin

our flat was voted the messiest and dirtest place in the entire planet

lol

Mesh Posted: Thu Mar 10 07:09:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  WOW!

Attention plonkers, female dancing ahead!

http://toey.de/link.php?id=3681

addi Posted: Thu Mar 10 07:36:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  gee thanks, mesh. I just threw up my donut watching that.

Last time I had lived with roomies (yes, many years ago)it was me and two plinkers. Two years of bliss, and for my birthday one year, a very memorable evening (can't share the details cuz I'm a southern gentleman now...and Christophe is easily excitable).

Finding a good roomie is a crap shoot to me, jenn. sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. Best friends can end up hating each other.

breeze Posted: Thu Mar 10 10:40:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I had many roommies thoughout my college live:

Pakistani girl, who used to think she's my momma and be very noisy about my private life

Chineese girl, who was a lot of fun, but the food she cooked made me sick. (not regular chineese stuff you can get here).

Puerto Rican girl, who loved singing in the shower and practice her hip hop dances, the nights I had to prepare for finals

American girl, sho was really into fitness (no cigs, no drinks, no partying) but she was a good friend

Italian girl, whom I saw only 2-3 times during the whole time, coz she never really stayed in the apt.

Jewish guy, smart as hell, veeery weird, but a lot of fun. (Guys are btw so much easier to live with, if they know how to clean after themselves! but practice shows that can be trained =P)

and finally my current roommie, she's my best friend from high school. We've been living together for the last 2 years, and hopefully i don't get any new roommies any time soon.

Important rule: in order to prevent any arguments, set the rules in advance on cleaning, cooking, groceries, bills and rent stuff, etc. so it doesn't get ugly between you if any of those issues arrise. And also ask if there are certain things people are picky about (living toothpaste in the shower, towels in certain order, or any weird stuff like that)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]