Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Missing someone
CorDrine Posted: Mon Mar 14 08:34:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My husband is gone for a week and I miss him terribly, and its only the first day!!! This is just so stupid to me!!!!

Have you guys ever miss anyone that crazy before??? How do you deal with it? Its a new experience for me, and its totally nuts! I had to sleep with the night light on last night, and I don't even need an alarm clock to wake up at 6:30am cause I couldn't even sleep much in the first place!

Ugh! I am so disgusted with myself for being this mushy all over a guy :P

addi Posted: Mon Mar 14 08:51:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yup. I know the feeling, CorDrine. I'd rather have a toothache than deal with the feeling of really missing someone.

My suggestions: Keep as active as you can. Physical excersize will help you fall asleep at night. Bury yourself in a good movie or a good book to keep your mind occupied late at night. If none of that helps resort to heavy drugs.
Sometimes it does get better after a few days go by. Hang in there

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Mar 14 09:46:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well, I've missed many people in the same crazed fashion. I don't have any real advice but erm, I like to be artistic abt it and write songs, do drawings, and paintings, write poetry

libra Posted: Mon Mar 14 11:58:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know what you mean. My boyfriend went home for christmas break and I went ten days without seeing him. It felt like such a long time. I had gotten used to seeing him every day and then I drove him to the airport and he was gone. I kept myself busy reading and doing different things. But sometimes I felt like such a loser cause i spent so much time hovering by the computer or phone hoping that he would sign onto instant messenger or call...

DanSRose Posted: Mon Mar 14 12:25:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Go somewhere else. Out of the house is out of the baseline state of mind. (it's also how I write, anywhere but here)
Museums, a nice coffee place, or a good bookstore does it for me, but to each their own.

FN Posted: Mon Mar 14 12:32:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hmm.

I dunnow, my parents being divorced probably made me like this, but I don't really have a hard time dealing with saying goodbye to people for a long time, or "missing" somebody.

I do know the feeling of missing my girlfriend though, but still, I don't really think I handle it in the same way as I see people around me handling it. I don't really make that big a deal out of it, usually.

choke Posted: Mon Mar 14 14:12:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Do a jigsaw puzzle :P

They take my mind off anything

I'm such a grandma I know

Silentmind Posted: Mon Mar 14 20:18:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Read. Get lost in a book. Thats what I always do. May not make them come back any sooner. But it'll pass the hours by just a little quicker.

Dancer Posted: Tue Mar 15 01:22:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hate to miss someone..especially when you wanna call the person and is afraid you may cause disturb.
The only thing to do is to watch lotsa lotsa teevee..

antartica Posted: Tue Mar 15 01:43:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  this could be a good time to have a Dingapore GT Get-together... ?

Dancer Posted: Tue Mar 15 03:23:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LOL..don't make the rest sick with envy...

addi Posted: Tue Mar 15 06:47:31 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dancer said:
>LOL..don't make the rest sick with envy...

Sometimes i suffer from penis envy, but then i pull down my boxers, look in the mirror, and i'm okay again.

addi Posted: Tue Mar 15 07:12:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  icl said:
>this could be a good time to have a Dingapore GT Get-together... ?

Who's "icl", and what have you done with ant?!

iggy Posted: Tue Mar 15 08:20:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah who the hell is icl?

Mouse Posted: Tue Mar 15 12:31:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  icl said:
>this could be a good time to have a Dingapore GT Get-together... ?

Do! But you have to take lotsa pics and post them up so I can wail about getting on a plane to join in.

I miss GTers all of the time. It's very painful, I end up pacing around when you guys are being cool, trying to distract myself.

I see you changing your names around. 'I disapprove.'

antartica Posted: Tue Mar 15 12:32:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chan said:
>yeah who the hell is icl?

u of all the peeps askin'...

iggy Posted: Tue Mar 15 13:53:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  someone kidnapped ant man...

icl is his evil twin............

dammit ! hand over ANT back!

Dancer Posted: Tue Mar 15 21:54:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah.. how much you demand you evil teddy? we want ant!!

iggy Posted: Wed Mar 16 05:17:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beware of the fuck-u carebear

addi Posted: Wed Mar 16 06:57:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chan said:
>beware of the fuck-u carebear

: )

If you squeeze his tummy he says, "Piss Off!"

Ahriman Posted: Wed Mar 16 16:59:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Go to a cafe, drink coffee for as long as possible, then write down all the things that you've never noticed existed. Post it on GT.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]