Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

oh... oh, fuck...
Posted: Sun Mar 20 23:40:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://contrakarma.com/ohcrap.jpg

rough morning. apparently, pretty good night-prior-to.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun Mar 20 23:44:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh brother what have you done now?

Posted: Mon Mar 21 00:34:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  this reminds me, I should probably post my lame assignment for class here:

http://electron.cs.uwindsor.ca/~renau1x/

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Mar 21 00:40:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  okay, I think I'm confused. But I'll commment and you can correct me. . .

Is your street name Phil?

You're awesome, I've been studying philosophy for several years now

I love your contrakarma webpage it made me chuckle

Posted: Mon Mar 21 00:47:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  heh
my real name is Phil Renaud
CriminalSaint is a very old net handle of mine.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Mar 21 00:50:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Could be worse,
my street name is Shannon

Posted: Mon Mar 21 00:59:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Shannon's a cool name. I used to have...err..."relations" with a shannon.

my apologies if this was you. Please understand that 4 minutes was a record at the time.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Mar 21 01:00:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You're assignment sound more enlightening then the one I have for writing and fitness class. I'm going to be so glad for friday - spring break - underaged and overbored. I would rather skip the whole spring break buisness. That's just me though. and I'm a slacker so it fits.

I was wondering, I'm a newbie by GT standards, how long have you been designing websites?

I'm interested in starting a cyber teen support teen site for battered teens. It's unrealistic but if you (or anyone else) could help me. I have no money at the moment. Any hints

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Mar 21 01:10:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>Shannon's a cool name. I used to have...err..."relations" with a shannon.

Just relations? he, some realtionships are like that. . .

>my apologies if this was you. Please understand that 4 minutes was a record at the time.

No, no unfortunately not me. I'm a virgin. *sigh* I feel like a female Christophe at times. I want to get laid. *sigh*.

Asswipe Posted: Mon Mar 21 01:19:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>this reminds me, I should probably post my lame assignment for class here:
>
>http://electron.cs.uwindsor.ca/~renau1x/

the main purpose of the assignment was to construct an aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate webpage or to inform us about your influences?

Posted: Mon Mar 21 01:25:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the former
aesthetically pleasing website using no advanced shizzle, which was highly disapointing, as my CSS, PHP, ASP, mySQL, and Actionscript knowledge officially goes to shit.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Mar 21 02:58:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>the former
>aesthetically pleasing website using no advanced shizzle, which was highly disapointing, as my CSS, PHP, ASP, mySQL, and Actionscript knowledge officially goes to shit.

:( I wish I knew what that meant.

Asswipe Posted: Mon Mar 21 03:09:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>the former
>aesthetically pleasing website using no advanced shizzle, which was highly disapointing, as my CSS, PHP, ASP, mySQL, and Actionscript knowledge officially goes to shit.

it seems quite successful in that venture. I'd have been interested to read how the various listed influences affected you, especially Vonnegut, instead of a brief overview of that person/thang.

Posted: Mon Mar 21 03:22:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>CriminalSaint said:
>>the former
>>aesthetically pleasing website using no advanced shizzle, which was highly disapointing, as my CSS, PHP, ASP, mySQL, and Actionscript knowledge officially goes to shit.
>
>it seems quite successful in that venture. I'd have been interested to read how the various listed influences affected you, especially Vonnegut, instead of a brief overview of that person/thang.

That's actually been the chief complaint thus far. Were I to do it all over again, maybe with some more time, I'd put more emphasis on the influence rather than the biographical aspect.

Still, I thought it'd be something I'd share with the GeeTee.

FN Posted: Mon Mar 21 14:31:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't know if it's because of my computer, but your linkspage on contrakarma seems to be fucked.

I'll put a link to it on my own site as well.

Posted: Mon Mar 21 14:42:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  it shows up right in FireFox, actually. I've been meaning to fix the CSS on that.

In the mean time, checkittycheck out my other works-i-eventually-mean-to-finish!

http://www.riotindustries.com
http://www.politicoma.com

Silentmind Posted: Mon Mar 21 20:58:15 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Is it just me, or does you class have very crappy abilities in making websites. Yours was by far the most appealing visually. There rest were just a few random links on a solid background. Are they teaching everyone to be the 12 year old kid with half a monkey brain who makes websites using geocities? You, however, are not that monkey, just wondering about the rest of your classmates.

Posted: Mon Mar 21 21:07:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  that concerns me as well.
They're not teaching web aesthetics whatsoever; just basic HTML with a side of java.

Most of the people in that class are moderately braindead. You've got to understand the way the University of Windsor works: We're ranked very poorly overall, but extremely well specific departments (our school of Engineering is top notch, I can speak that the Philosophy dept. is exceptionally gifted in terms of renowned professors, the Odette School of Business has exceptionally well-recieved graduates, our AI program is pretty spiffy and gets a tonne of grants). On the whole, though, we're thought of as the University where anybody with enough $ can get in, even with slightly lower marks (which I won't deny whatsoever. Thank goodness for my scholarship).

As this particular class requires very little in the way of prerequisites (grades, courses, or otherwise), you'll find a lot of people taking it just to get an easy credit. It's a shame, and it's part of why Windsor continuously ranks poorly in MacLean's.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]