Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

What the bleep do we know?
beetlebum Posted: Wed Mar 23 11:42:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  An awesome film... you can now rent it in the States (and Canada, I think)... if you can get it, rent it.
It is a weird documentary/story film in which some rather cool but often not-talked-about issues are discussed. (materialism, determinism, quantum physics, parallel universes, etc.) However, the dicussion is really accessible and quite funny at times.

http://www.Whatthebleep.com is a cool site, but this, I think was the coolest part of the film- that our feelings can very much affect physical reality. And to think that our earth (and we) are made up of a whole lotta H2O. I don't know if I believe it, but scientists around the world are convinced. It just amazes me that none of this stuff makes it into everyday discussion.
http://www.whatthebleep.com/crystals/

Asswipe Posted: Wed Mar 23 13:40:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  that our feelings can affect our physical reality... without telling me to go watch the movie, can you explain that a bit more or give some examples?

beetlebum Posted: Wed Mar 23 14:19:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This is taken from the website; I'm not trying to be lazy, but the passage explains what I'm talking about better than I could.

"Dr. Masaru Emoto discovered that crystals formed in frozen water reveal changes when specific, concentrated thoughts are directed toward them. He found that water from clear springs and water that has been exposed to loving words shows brilliant, complex, and colorful snowflake patterns. In contrast, polluted water, or water exposed to negative thoughts, forms incomplete, asymmetrical patterns with dull colors.

The implications of this research create a new awareness of how we can positively impact the earth and our personal health. "

In my more bumbling words: basically, water that has been exposed to concentrated thought (either someone sitting in front of the water projecting, or words on a piece of paper taped to the side of a water container, I think) reflects the content of that thought. At least that's how some scientists interpret the discovery. Samples of water from the same stream or river (taken from the same location) were subjected to thoughts like, "You make me sick I want to kill you," and thoughts like, "I love you."

I know, it sounds cheesy. But the water exposed to the first thought became distorted. If you go the website that I listed second, you can see a photo of a water molecule. It's ugly (at least to me). But water that was exposed to the second formed symetrically- meaning that they basically took the form similar to that of snowflakes-- patterned, perfectly shaped, mathematically solid. The photos of those are cool. Same goes for a Mozart symphony- the water molecules formed mathmatically explicable shapes, whereas water that was exposed to Marilyn Manson became distorted, there was a lack of shape, etc.

Another example, found here:http://www.istpp.org/crime_prevention/
explains an experiment in Washington, D.C. in 1993, where people from all over the word came to D.C. and meditated in an attempt to significantly reduce crime. It worked. It has worked all over the world. Who knows... maybe all of it is simply coincidence. But even a sceptic like me refuses to deny the possibility that there is much more going on in our environment, in different dimensions even, that we can't see or understand.

That's what I was talking about- in simple terms, the vibes we put out into the world do indrectly affect our environment in ways we probably cannot imagine.

FN Posted: Wed Mar 23 14:42:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't believe any of it.

beetlebum Posted: Wed Mar 23 15:03:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I don't believe any of it.

Somehow, I didn't think you would. :o)

Mark Posted: Wed Mar 23 16:25:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Seen this movie, it is a great one, though some (including me) remain sceptical about the stuff told. Did made me think though.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 23 19:13:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm gonna have to go with Chris on this one.
I'm pretty sure that there are way too many variables that can affect the way a snowflake or ice crystal will form, such as the minerals contained in "pure water" or the speed at which it freezes or how far below the freezing point it will reach.
Of course we would also have to define what "polluted" is.
The "pure" water emerging from the spring in my back yard will produce different shaped crystals that the "pure" water emerging from a spring in the rocky mountains merely because of the different minerals they each contain.
It's interesting but impossible for me to believe, much the same as the debunked 70's theory about how plants reacted to different kinds of music.

SilentNite Posted: Wed Mar 23 21:39:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I would have to say this isnt any kind of legitimet theory. I shall illustrate.

Sound such as that from Mozart or some such composer, will usually follow a gentle pattern. Yes, yes they all have rather dark songs too, but I am speaking generally of their lighter ones. They are usually smooth wavelengths. Songs from say Marilyn Manson will generally be more erratic and harsh, resulting in sporadic and jagged sound wavelengths.

Which would have a prettier influence on water as it forms a crystal? The smooth one or the harsh and jagged. Think Jurassic park and the part where the T-Rex is coming up behind them and vibrating the water.

And as for the part where thinking thoughts at the water is going to affect it, if it doesnt work when I apply said theory to my girlfriends bra, I doubt it shall work for ice. And believe me, I have tried.

sweet p Posted: Wed Mar 23 23:35:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh finally!
I made a thread about this before the "disaster" but nobody knew what the hell I was talking about.

I really enjoyed this movie.

However, the parts in the movie where JZ talks are a little much. She uses this tone of voice and there are these close-ups on her eyes haha.

JZ Knight claims to be able to channel a 35,000 year old mystic named Ramtha. She has her own "school of enlightenment" coughcultcough or something. [her ranch sounds super nice though!!] : D

In any case, while her parts of the movie were creepy-ish and likely all about her taking the opportunity to advertise her "teachings" and her school, for the most part, the quantum physics ideas, neurology facts and psychological aspects of the movie were presented in an appropriate way. I guess what I mean is that the facts were pretty accurate [to my knowledge at least]and then because it is filmed half like a documentary, the speakers and their opinions are where you get the crazy-talk [but also really cool ideas].

beetlebum Posted: Thu Mar 24 07:59:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>
>However, the parts in the movie where JZ talks are a little much. She uses this tone of voice and there are these close-ups on her eyes haha.
>

Dude, I know. While my friends and I watched her we started laughing nervously because it was so weird compared to the science of the rest of the film. (And just weird compared to anything really!) Did you notice how her accent changed even though she was channeling the same person? hmmmm. :o)

SilentNite Posted: Thu Mar 24 08:31:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  To this I quoth unto you:

Man In White: *I cant kill myself now, just one would look like a lunatic, I need another person!*

Family guy. Giggity giggity giggity

Aeon Posted: Thu Mar 24 11:30:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>Sweet P said:
>>
>>However, the parts in the movie where JZ talks are a little much. She uses this tone of voice and there are these close-ups on her eyes haha.
>>
>
>Dude, I know. While my friends and I watched her we started laughing nervously because it was so weird compared to the science of the rest of the film. (And just weird compared to anything really!) Did you notice how her accent changed even though she was channeling the same person? hmmmm. :o)

And then L. Ron Hubbard comes out and says, "Nuh uh! I talked to Xenu and he's a TRILLION years old! Take that Ramtha!"

I hate cults.

sweet p Posted: Fri Mar 25 00:24:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

> (And just weird compared to anything really!)

Seriously!
That woman is so out of place in my world.
I mean, I know weird people...I like weird people...I am weird people.

But not like that.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]