Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Don't expect a card.
FN Posted: Wed Mar 23 17:00:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just to let you people know that tomorrow (thursday) after school I'll be leaving with a group of friends untill monday or tuesday, heading for the Ardennes (if the Battle of the Bulge and Bastogne ring any bells, that's where I'll be, roughly), and I probably won't have time to come and say goodbye between now and then, so I decided to do it now.

I have a feeling things could get a little out of hand, as I'm a bit concerned about the amount of booze (stupendous amounts of heavy beer, tequila, safari, and just about anything you can think of probably...) we're taking. I mentioned to my friends that you can actually die if you drink too much, but I wonder if it will help anything. It's just too much, seriously, they'll all be drunk from the moment they arrive untill 2 days after they get back.

One of the guys that is going is a former best friend of mine, some of you might have heard about him, he was the one that tried (didn't succeed though) to run off with my ex and who I haven't spoken to in about 2 years because of it, and now I'll spend 4-5 days with him in a pretty small space.
Nobody says anything but I can sense that my friends are a bit dodgy about the whole thing, from what I've heard they even thought about not taking the guy along because they worried about the possible consequences, knowing me, knowing him, but I assured them that it was ok. I never ordered them to drop the guy just because I did so, it's between me and him, they don't have anything to do with it. We'll see what happens, I just hope he doesn't give me an excuse.

Anyway, I'm planning on taking a few walks there and try to calm down a little after what have been the roughest one and 1/2 years of my life up to this point. I really want to finish this period in life, I've had enough of it.

I don't really feel like going right now, but I promised my friends a long time ago that I would, so...

Anyway, if I'd die or whatever, it has been fun and interesting to meet you all.

x for the ladies
handshake for the guys

Goodbye.

addi Posted: Wed Mar 23 17:24:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you make it sound so final.

Hope you can deal with the "situation" okay. And i do respect your conviction not to overdo the drinking. It makes me feel like i raised you right.
Don't forget your toothbrush and KY jelly...and make sure you wash behind your ears.

libra Posted: Wed Mar 23 17:24:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hope it's fun, Chris.

it still surprises me that you don't really drink.

libra Posted: Wed Mar 23 17:25:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>you make it sound so final.
>
yeah. you'd better come back, dammit.

beetlebum Posted: Wed Mar 23 17:30:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, come back. :o)

jennemmer Posted: Wed Mar 23 18:27:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Take care and have fun
(I'd add a "don't do anything too stupid" but I'm sure you already know that)

Aeon Posted: Wed Mar 23 19:24:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't care what you say. I expect a card. Always.

Silentmind Posted: Wed Mar 23 19:38:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  

>(I'd add a "don't do anything too stupid" but I'm sure you already know that)

It's probably already happened.

Mouse Posted: Wed Mar 23 20:11:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Farewell, don't kill anybody, don't let your friends kill themselves, and have lots of fun.
I expect a detailed and animated report, and if it's interesting enough you may get a welcome back kiss. But if it's too interesting you just get a hug. ;P
Mouse

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Mar 24 23:22:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You sound as if you're going to die against all odds.

Hope you don't! Return safely.

Mouse Posted: Thu Mar 24 23:46:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>Hope you don't return safely.

Ouch!

sweet p Posted: Fri Mar 25 00:22:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>against all odds.

I like that song..hah.

Come back Christophe, so you can tell me what you said in that other thread.
: P

Aeon Posted: Fri Mar 25 09:24:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>innocenceNonus said:
>>against all odds.
>
>I like that song..hah.
>
>
>Come back Christophe, so you can tell me what you said in that other thread.
>: P

I may not know Flemish or whatever but methinks its either saying something like "You're hot" or "I want to have sex with you". Something along those lines.

Mouse Posted: Fri Mar 25 20:18:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  May thanks to Wolffie for his translation, and a smack on the back of the head for Chris when he returns. ;P
Mouse

mat_j Posted: Sat Mar 26 13:36:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
(if the Battle of the Bulge and Bastogne ring any bells, that's where I'll be, roughly)

Bastogne... It was cold in Bastogne

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]