Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

I'm just not sure any more....
boondock743 Posted: Wed Mar 23 23:35:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not realy all that sure that there's a supreme being anymore. I grew up a christian. I even went to a lutheran school for the first 11 years from the age of 2-13 but lately I've been having doubts. I'm not sure this whole supreme being thing works out. It doesn't make sense.

1. We're suppose to put worldly possesions last but it seems to me like heaven is made up of
worldly possesions. You know what I mean... the pearly gates, the streets made of gold, the beautiful mansion god has so graciously prepared for us. A man inthe Bible said he saw that
and it seems to me like he was just dreaming a damn good dream and thought it was just so perfect that only a prefect being could have made it.

2. It seems to me like god didn't creat man; but man created god. A long time ago when people first started to belive in gods the gods were the ones that suppsedly controled our fates. Every miraculous thing that happened was just so amazing and mystirous that we could think of no other explaination except that only something much more powerful than humans could have done it. Every time something realy weird and important happens that our best scientific minds can't come with an explaination for all the bible thumpers say that it
was a miracle and that we should all thank god for it because there's no imediate reason for why it happened. Same thing with evolution: If you can tell me why there's no possible way evolution could work that i couldn't answer with a contradicting statment I would be eternaly than grateful. If anyone says that "If we evolved from apes why are there still apes around?" or "It's just a thoery." they need to be slaped as hard as physicaly possible.

3. Humans don't have an explaination for everything and that goes against our nature so what we do is think up somthing that can explain why something happened that can't be proven or disproven by science. We always seem to have to have an answer for everything and if something happens that we can't explain with common sense or science a superme being is our only other way of answering the qestion "Why".

4. Every human is in fact a part of the animal kingdom making us all animals. So why do we go aginst natural instincts like sex and killing?
It's because it is socialy looked down upon. Humans are social creatures and if we don't have anyone to socialize with we go crazy so we don't do anything that will get us cast out from the rest of the world. The so called "fellings"; such as love, hate, saddness, and especialy morals; that we all feel aren't what we think they are. They are just chemical reactions in our brains that, through social ideals and belifes, we misinterpret to make us think that they are feelings because that is what the rest of the world thinks they are. Sex is a natural part of being alive and anyone who says that it is sacred and holy is wrong. Sex is a compileing of different chemicals that go to our brains and then we sense another chemical that just happens to be (for one reason or another) compatible with our scent. Thats when an erection (Ooooo! He said a funny word... *erection* hehehe...) happens and it just means that you are ready to spread your genetic code. (Don't get me wrong now. Im not saying that you can just sleep around with anyone you want, some animals choose one mate and stay with that one mate for the rest of thier life. Humans could be that kind of creature) Life is circular, there is only onemeaning of life: Our purpose for being alive is to continue our exsistance.We weren't "put" on earth to "spread the word of god" we were created by a complex series of events that stemed from one event, The Big Bang. Killing isn't exactly wrong. Now before you start cusing me for that listen to me. Killing is a natural part of being alive,it's not actualy wrong. Animals kill for territory,food and mates and thats all. Humans would do the exact same thing if there wasn't a media and all the distortion of "feelings" or social behavior. People would only kill for natural reasons (territory, food, and
mates). The idea that there's a god that said that we shouldn't kill or that we shouldn't have sex because we're not married is actualy fundamentaly flawed. It goes against our nature, so why would a pefect god create a creature and then tell it to go against what it was created to do. Such an idea is just nieve and ignorant of the world around you. Well that's my reasoning and if you have any conflicting ideas (which I know you will) please tell me because I would love to hear them.
Your favorite, curious 15 year old:
Andy


 
boondock743 Posted: Wed Mar 23 23:37:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  boondock743 said:
>I'm not realy all that sure that there's a supreme being anymore. I grew up a christian. I even went to a lutheran school for the first 11 years from the age of 2-13 but lately I've been having doubts. I'm not sure this whole supreme being thing works out. It doesn't make sense.
>
>1. We're suppose to put worldly possesions last but it seems to me like heaven is made up of
>worldly possesions. You know what I mean... the pearly gates, the streets made of gold, the beautiful mansion god has so graciously prepared for us. A man inthe Bible said he saw that
>and it seems to me like he was just dreaming a damn good dream and thought it was just so perfect that only a prefect being could have made it.
>
>2. It seems to me like god didn't creat man; but man created god. A long time ago when people first started to belive in gods the gods were the ones that suppsedly controled our fates. Every miraculous thing that happened was just so amazing and mystirous that we could think of no other explaination except that only something much more powerful than humans could have done it. Every time something realy weird and important happens that our best scientific minds can't come with an explaination for all the bible thumpers say that it
>was a miracle and that we should all thank god for it because there's no imediate reason for why it happened. Same thing with evolution: If you can tell me why there's no possible way evolution could work that i couldn't answer with a contradicting statment I would be eternaly than grateful. If anyone says that "If we evolved from apes why are there still apes around?" or "It's just a thoery." they need to be slaped as hard as physicaly possible.
>
>3. Humans don't have an explaination for everything and that goes against our nature so what we do is think up somthing that can explain why something happened that can't be proven or disproven by science. We always seem to have to have an answer for everything and if something happens that we can't explain with common sense or science a superme being is our only other way of answering the qestion "Why".
>
>4. Every human is in fact a part of the animal kingdom making us all animals. So why do we go aginst natural instincts like sex and killing?
>It's because it is socialy looked down upon. Humans are social creatures and if we don't have anyone to socialize with we go crazy so we don't do anything that will get us cast out from the rest of the world. The so called "fellings"; such as love, hate, saddness, and especialy morals; that we all feel aren't what we think they are. They are just chemical reactions in our brains that, through social ideals and belifes, we misinterpret to make us think that they are feelings because that is what the rest of the world thinks they are. Sex is a natural part of being alive and anyone who says that it is sacred and holy is wrong. Sex is a compileing of different chemicals that go to our brains and then we sense another chemical that just happens to be (for one reason or another) compatible with our scent. Thats when an erection (Ooooo! He said a funny word... *erection* hehehe...) happens and it just means that you are ready to spread your genetic code. (Don't get me wrong now. Im not saying that you can just sleep around with anyone you want, some animals choose one mate and stay with that one mate for the rest of thier life. Humans could be that kind of creature) Life is circular, there is only onemeaning of life: Our purpose for being alive is to continue our exsistance.We weren't "put" on earth to "spread the word of god" we were created by a complex series of events that stemed from one event, The Big Bang. Killing isn't exactly wrong. Now before you start cusing me for that listen to me. Killing is a natural part of being alive,it's not actualy wrong. Animals kill for territory,food and mates and thats all. Humans would do the exact same thing if there wasn't a media and all the distortion of "feelings" or social behavior. People would only kill for natural reasons (territory, food, and
>mates). The idea that there's a god that said that we shouldn't kill or that we shouldn't have sex because we're not married is actualy fundamentaly flawed. It goes against our nature, so why would a pefect god create a creature and then tell it to go against what it was created to do. Such an idea is just nieve and ignorant of the world around you. Well that's my reasoning and if you have any conflicting ideas (which I know you will) please tell me because I would love to hear them.
> Your favorite, curious 15 year old:
> Andy
Just e-mail me your responses to boondock743@yahoo.com


 
Posted: Wed Mar 23 23:39:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  God
God fucking damnit, I want to respond to this so, so much.
but I have so, so much essay due tomorrow.

fuck.

*runs away screaming "Agnosticism is the only way!"*

Briefly, though, on #2: you're touching on Feuerbach very deeply; God, as a spiritual entity, is just the collective entity of the human spirit. nothing more, nothing less, take it as you may; this is why the issue of god has developped in the way that it has; human beings and the human spirit has developed.

will talk more tomorrow. good post!


 
libra Posted: Thu Mar 24 02:48:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  it makes me so happy to see someone thinking about it all...i don't care if you go back to believing in a god...it just makes me so happy to see someone consider it.


 
addi Posted: Thu Mar 24 07:08:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>it makes me so happy to see someone thinking about it all...

If libra's happy, i'm happy : )

I've evolved into agnostic beliefs. Nothing more than my opinion (which on the grand scale of things means diddley squat), but i have a difficult time with people who are absolutely certain there's a god, and with people who are certain there is no god.
I am certain that i will die one day. Beyond that it's a crap shoot.....and it brings me no joy or happiness.


*life was easier when i was a believer. There's a heavy toll to pay for enlightenment : )

"Well, that was a arrogant thing to say, Addi."
"Shut up! I don't remember asking for your opinion."
"NO! You shut up!"


 
ifihadahif Posted: Thu Mar 24 08:26:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The voices in my head concur with the voices in Addie's head.


 
Aeon Posted: Thu Mar 24 11:28:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>it makes me so happy to see someone thinking about it all...i don't care if you go back to believing in a god...it just makes me so happy to see someone consider it.


I've been considering it for a few years. I just don't think anyone will know the answer until it's all over.


 
boondock743 Posted: Thu Mar 24 19:20:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This is a very bad thing for me because I've been raised in an entire christain family all my life and if suddenly word gets out that im agnostic I'm in deep shit even though that's not right because I have freedom of religion. I noticed that you all are agnostic and I belive that is a sign of a true thinker. If you just automatical accept that there is a god then you are ignorant of some common knowlage. If you accept the idea that there isn't a god then you lack an open mind and are just as shut out to new ideas as belivers. However, if your agnostic you aren't sure and you have looked at all the facts before you came up with a conclusion because if you hadn't looked at the facts you would be motivated more to one side than the other. Also, you're open to new ideas and are ready to think about other options other than the ones right in front of you. By being open to new ideas you are ready to look at every angle of the situation instead of thinking in a straight line. I'm happy there are such people left in the world. It revives some of my faith in mankind. We are the kind of people that can prevent humanity from destroying itself.
Your favorite, curious 15 year old, Andy


 
libra Posted: Thu Mar 24 20:32:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  boondock743 said:
>We are the kind of people that can prevent humanity from destroying itself.
>

I've always felt that about the people at GT.



 
boondock743 Posted: Thu Mar 24 20:43:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I belive it to.


 
Ahriman Posted: Thu Mar 24 20:52:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ha


 
antartica Posted: Thu Mar 24 22:26:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  if at times we dun destroy ourselved first


 
boondock743 Posted: Thu Mar 24 23:51:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Alrite I made a mistake. I don't fully belive in the Big Bang, only certain parts. I just used the wrong words.


 
Posted: Thu Mar 24 23:59:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  if you want a good argument for theism: Richard Taylor - The Contemporary Cosmological Argument

if you want a good argument for atheism: David Hume - Evil Makes a Strong Case against God's Existence; or, J.L. Mackie - Evil and Omnipotence


 
boondock743 Posted: Fri Mar 25 00:16:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ok thanks


 
sweet p Posted: Fri Mar 25 00:39:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  boondock743 said:

> Your favorite, curious 15 year old, Andy

: ) I think so.


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]