Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

Dating
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Mar 30 11:45:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What are the thoughts abt it. My mom teased me the other day that it's been a while since I brought up dating (which is currently forbidden). I'm kind of in a funky mood abt it. It seems all of the good guys are either 1) taken 2) insane 3) boring 4)too old for me or 5) too young for me. Aside from that all the guys I like are on GT and either have gfs or are too old :( *pout*


 
addi Posted: Wed Mar 30 12:00:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
Aside from that all the guys I like are on GT and either have gfs or are too old :( *pout*

Too old?! If 75 is too old for you then you're just too damn picky!
:)


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Mar 30 12:04:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>Cherry_Moon said:
> Aside from that all the guys I like are on GT and either have gfs or are too old :( *pout*
>
>Too old?! If 75 is too old for you then you're just too damn picky!
>:)

I'm sorry Addi . . . I admit I'm a bit picky :D


 
Aeon Posted: Wed Mar 30 12:46:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maybe your standards are too high, yes. But I wouldn't worry about it. You're young. There's still plenty of time.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Mar 30 12:54:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>Maybe your standards are too high, yes. But I wouldn't worry about it. You're young. There's still plenty of time.

okay here are the current standards:

1) older then me (no more then 4 years)
2) dorky
3) semi-shy
4) lovely blck curls (not a requirement but a perk)
5) educated and well spoken
6) plays an instrument (perk)
7) just downright fun to be around
8) loves music and movies
9) drives
10) lives in N.C., U.S.A.

not to much to ask for really ^_^


 
DanSRose Posted: Wed Mar 30 13:37:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have been on 1 date in my college career. bleh. I'd love to go out on dates, but also- too high standards, mixed with the fact that I'm super shy.
It always, for me, gets to where I'm good friends with the person when I get to the point where I'd want ask them out, but then, we're good friends and I don't want to ruin that.
Damn, now I all I want are nuggets from that big mac thread.


 
Posted: Wed Mar 30 13:40:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  honestly, who dates anymore?

I've said it before, I'll say it again: love is a subjective term. for me, love is being brought to orgasm by a person whose last name you don't necessarily know.

ah, l'amour.


 
jennemmer Posted: Wed Mar 30 14:12:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The main rules of thumb (true in every successful relationship I know):

-As soon as you are not looking, don't want a relationship right now, are soon moving to a different country or anything else that would make love difficult to impossible it tends to show up on your doorstep.

-Keep your standards high. Lowering your standards does create a larger dating pool, but it's much shallower.

-All the good ones are also at least a little crazy


 
FN Posted: Wed Mar 30 14:38:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm caught between 2 fires with the whole dating thing at the moment.

There are a few girls that I'd like to get funky with, and there are a few that would like to devour my banana, followed by doing the monkeydance, but I dunnow.

I'm really enjoying flirting, and though I could use a shag, I'm keeping my mojo to myself at the moment, because I'm too shaky about it right now and change my mind about wanting to be in a relationship or not on an hourly basis.

So to avoid trouble it's better to stay out of them at this point.

That being said, I also have insanely high standards, and the few ones that meet them usually have been in a relationship for a few years.


 
libra Posted: Wed Mar 30 15:59:50 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't think i've ever dated. I went right from being friends to being in love with a friend and then we were splitting the tab and I was driving us places and we were staying up late at his apartment watching movies and laughing and crying(me, only) and fighting and kissing and we're still doing that now. But I don't think I've ever been on a real date. And if the first time we ever tried 'dating' counted, then it sucked and I don't like it. (We went to see a movie together and he paid and i was nervous and the entire night sucked.)

Anyway, I'm rambling here because I'm not quite with it. I've been sick recently and am rather dizzy and am on ibuprofen, chlortrimetron or whatever it's called, and robitussen so i'm all messed up.

My main point is that dating is overrated and that you'll find the right person when you least expect it and it will just happen.


 
Aeon Posted: Wed Mar 30 16:04:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I shall quote the sage words of Jack Black who sayeth: "Don't date. If you do you're just gonna be worried about what resuraunt to pick or what clothes you're going to wear it's all gonna get fucked up. Instead, call up the person you wanna go out with and just ask, 'What are you doing right now?' and if that person says, 'I'm about to go do some laundry' just say, 'Hey, can I come with you. I got a load.'"


Well... that's pretty much the jist of the quote. I'm not good with exactness.


 
FN Posted: Wed Mar 30 16:23:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ah yeah well over here nobody dates, you just go from being friends to being a couple.


 
sweet p Posted: Wed Mar 30 17:33:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think dating must be for the indecisive and restless.

I have never been the dating type.
Lately though, I am feeling something strange. For the first time in years, I have met so many interesting people in such a short period of time...so now I'm all interested and I want to talk to everyone and I want to know them all and it's a weird thing...
You can't really know everyone at the same time. The school year is almost over and I don't rush things. I feel like I want to date them all but really, I don't like dates and it's confusing to like too many people at once.

It must be the spring weather. Or like Jennemmer said...a bunch of the people I have met are either graduating or going away when school is over. It's just the way it goes.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Mar 30 18:02:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dates are ok, but I like figs better.


 
Ahriman Posted: Wed Mar 30 18:18:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Taken :)


 
Aeon Posted: Wed Mar 30 18:48:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Let's see how well I stack up to your tremendous standards.

1) older then me (no more then 4 years) - I don't know how old you are. I'm 20. :( Just turned it March 18.
2) dorky - I was captain of the Scholar's Bowl team in high school... and I am considered one of the best players to have come from my school.
3) semi-shy - yep.
4) lovely blck curls (not a requirement but a perk) - if I let my hair grow then yes I would have curly black hair. I keep it short though.
5) educated and well spoken - Well educated... depends. Well spoken? Most definately.
6) plays an instrument (perk) - I drum a bit. I sing a bit.
7) just downright fun to be around - I suppose
8) loves music and movies - definately
9) drives - just learned. j/k. I can.
10) lives in N.C., U.S.A. - I live in TN.



 
FN Posted: Wed Mar 30 19:19:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think she was stated on more than one occasion, and quite specificly, that the job also requires a penis, Aeon.


 
sidzee Posted: Wed Mar 30 20:04:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  well even if a guy scores 7/10 on the list i could be acceptable... hehe 10/10 is impossible.


 
sidzee Posted: Wed Mar 30 20:05:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  AEON is a female? man this place is a bit mind boggling!


 
FN Posted: Wed Mar 30 20:12:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  He hasn't always been one though.


He used a nailclipper.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed Mar 30 20:51:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>Let's see how well I stack up to your tremendous standards.
>
>1) older then me (no more then 4 years) - I don't know how old you are. I'm 20. :( Just turned it March 18.
>2) dorky - I was captain of the Scholar's Bowl team in high school... and I am considered one of the best players to have come from my school.
>3) semi-shy - yep.
>4) lovely blck curls (not a requirement but a perk) - if I let my hair grow then yes I would have curly black hair. I keep it short though.
>5) educated and well spoken - Well educated... depends. Well spoken? Most definately.
>6) plays an instrument (perk) - I drum a bit. I sing a bit.
>7) just downright fun to be around - I suppose
>8) loves music and movies - definately
>9) drives - just learned. j/k. I can.
>10) lives in N.C., U.S.A. - I live in TN.

Are you taken? *looks hopeful*
Being in TN is a surmountable problem.
If you do have a girlfriend, says hello to her for me.


 
Mouse Posted: Wed Mar 30 20:55:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I think she was stated on more than one occasion, and quite specificly, that the job also requires a penis, Aeon.

I see that you have returned Chris...
*thwack*
Sometimes you are the ass people think you are.

Mouse


 
addi Posted: Wed Mar 30 21:06:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sidzee said:
>AEON is a female? man this place is a bit mind boggling!

LOL!

Isn't that just like life!
One day you've got a penis, and the next day you wake up and it's gone.


 
beetlebum Posted: Wed Mar 30 21:21:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:

>One day you've got a penis, and the next day you wake up and it's gone.

You win some, you lose some.



 
Aeon Posted: Wed Mar 30 21:59:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I think she was stated on more than one occasion, and quite specificly, that the job also requires a penis, Aeon.


Holy crap! I'm a woman?!

:: checks ::

Wait... no. I don't really know of a witty comeback for such a statement that doesn't include insinuating that you're gay, Christophe so.... YO MAMA!


 
sidzee Posted: Thu Mar 31 05:36:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>addison said:
>
>>One day you've got a penis, and the next day you wake up and it's gone.
>
>You win some, you lose some.
>

So is losing a penis a win win situation then?


 
addi Posted: Thu Mar 31 07:46:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sidzee said:

>So is losing a penis a win win situation then?

it's a sin sin situation

*i'm just glad mine's attached... otherwise i just know i'd be leaving it everywhere, and it would be embarrassing to get a call from the resturant you just ate at and have to hear that the busboy found your penis under the table.




 
FN Posted: Thu Mar 31 08:54:01 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Must suck to be a leper.

In Flemish, a "leper" is a spoon. Must suck to be that too.



Talking about lepers, how do you deliver a leper's baby?

By peeling away the mother.


 
Aeon Posted: Thu Mar 31 12:17:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Aeon said:
>>Let's see how well I stack up to your tremendous standards.
>>
>>1) older then me (no more then 4 years) - I don't know how old you are. I'm 20. :( Just turned it March 18.
>>2) dorky - I was captain of the Scholar's Bowl team in high school... and I am considered one of the best players to have come from my school.
>>3) semi-shy - yep.
>>4) lovely blck curls (not a requirement but a perk) - if I let my hair grow then yes I would have curly black hair. I keep it short though.
>>5) educated and well spoken - Well educated... depends. Well spoken? Most definately.
>>6) plays an instrument (perk) - I drum a bit. I sing a bit.
>>7) just downright fun to be around - I suppose
>>8) loves music and movies - definately
>>9) drives - just learned. j/k. I can.
>>10) lives in N.C., U.S.A. - I live in TN.
>
>Are you taken? *looks hopeful*
>Being in TN is a surmountable problem.
>If you do have a girlfriend, says hello to her for me.


I'm single.


 
kurohyou Posted: Thu Mar 31 12:36:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I never really dated per se. But I do enjoy listening to the dating saga's of my brothers, friends, and most recently my sister-in-law. (She is "in love" with two men, one is perfect, one is famous and she doesn't know what to do)

Dating to me seems to be complicated, and I don't think I would be good at it. First off, I make horrible first impressions. So I think that would provide a major handicap for attempting any form of dating.

I don't know what I would do if I found myself looking for another companion. I've told my wife that if we can't make our marriage work, I'm gonna end up being single. She says she doesn't believe that. Right now I'm hoping I don't have to find out.

For What its worth...


 
Silentmind Posted: Thu Mar 31 14:46:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dating is ok, provided its relaxed. It allows you to get to know the person before you go seriously at it. The second it gets tense, you lose all advantages, and you ruined a night.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Mar 31 16:38:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>I'm single.

okies. . .
I'm not sure how to phrase this elegently, Why? and Can I see a picture of you? please *flutters eyelashes and primps curls*


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Mar 31 16:41:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>>>Let's see how well I stack up to your tremendous standards.
>>>
>>>1) older then me (no more then 4 years) - I don't know how old you are. I'm 20. :( Just turned it March 18.

well I'll be 17 monday, 4-4-05.
I'm afraid you'll think that I'm too little for you :( (probably because I am *shakes head and wanders off to sulk*)


 
Aeon Posted: Thu Mar 31 21:29:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Aeon said:
>>I'm single.
>
>okies. . .
>I'm not sure how to phrase this elegently, Why? and Can I see a picture of you? please *flutters eyelashes and primps curls*


That's a good question. I'm shy so I don't really approach girls. :: shrugs :: Give me your email and I'll send you one, though my avatar is a really good representation of what I look like. No joke.


 
FN Posted: Thu Mar 31 21:31:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If people are reluctant to post pictures of themselves they usually have every reason to leave it that way.


Look, tv *wanders off*


 
Aeon Posted: Thu Mar 31 22:07:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>If people are reluctant to post pictures of themselves they usually have every reason to leave it that way.
>
>
>Look, tv *wanders off*


Don't you have some people to oppress?


 
libra Posted: Thu Mar 31 22:07:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  He looks kind of like John Cusack.



 
Aeon Posted: Thu Mar 31 22:20:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And who doesn't love John Cusack?


 
dan632 Posted: Fri Apr 1 00:55:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i like girls...and john cusack is a man


 
iggy Posted: Fri Apr 1 02:07:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  anyone likes me *sigh*


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Apr 1 08:49:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>That's a good question. I'm shy so I don't really approach girls. :: shrugs :: Give me your email and I'll send you one, though my avatar is a really good representation of what I look like. No joke.

kallyn_lili@yahoo.com

I don't mind shy. It's nice for a change. I'm loud and personable. Mouse is shy and I get along just fine with her.


 
addi Posted: Fri Apr 1 08:59:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chan said:
>anyone likes me *sigh*

not what you were really hoping for, but i do chan : )

Cherry....Aeon...get a room!



 
Aeon Posted: Fri Apr 1 09:20:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>chan said:
>>anyone likes me *sigh*
>
>not what you were really hoping for, but i do chan : )
>
>Cherry....Aeon...get a room!
>

Reminds me of Dane Cook's standup where he says he saw two homeless people making out in the streets and someone yelled, "Get a box!"


 
addi Posted: Fri Apr 1 09:30:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:

>Reminds me of Dane Cook's standup where he says he saw two homeless people making out in the streets and someone yelled, "Get a box!"

LOL!!




 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Apr 1 10:00:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addison said:
>chan said:
>>anyone likes me *sigh*
>
>not what you were really hoping for, but i do chan : )
>
>Cherry....Aeon...get a room!

erm I don't even know what he looks like. We don't live in the same state and I'm not sure if he is even interested in me any more then a friend. Which is fine. I'm getting used to rejection for one lame reason or another.


 
Mouse Posted: Fri Apr 1 11:10:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>If people are reluctant to post pictures of themselves they usually have every reason to leave it that way.

Yeah, like annoying comments from you. ;P

Mouse


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Apr 1 11:12:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>I'm getting used to rejection for one lame reason or another.

I'm really not that bitter. I'm rather disappointed that's all....


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Apr 1 11:15:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>Christophe said:
>>If people are reluctant to post pictures of themselves they usually have every reason to leave it that way.

> okies I think that isn't true



 
FN Posted: Fri Apr 1 12:17:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>Don't you have some people to oppress?

Yeah, but this is fun too.


 
FN Posted: Fri Apr 1 12:18:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>I don't even know what he looks like. We don't live in the same state

Either of those should be enough to banish the thoughts you seem to be having.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Apr 1 18:26:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Either of those should be enough to banish the thoughts you seem to be having.

Listen honey some of get bored looking at Patrick Fugit and dreaming about cute dorky guys it would be lovely to own one or lease one I'm flexible either way.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Apr 1 18:26:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
 
*us

some of us

damn typo


 
Aeon Posted: Fri Apr 1 19:09:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Christophe said:
>>Either of those should be enough to banish the thoughts you seem to be having.
>
>Listen honey some of get bored looking at Patrick Fugit and dreaming about cute dorky guys it would be lovely to own one or lease one I'm flexible either way.

Oh... and my name is Patrick, too. Go fig.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Apr 1 20:57:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *melts* Really?!


 
FN Posted: Fri Apr 1 22:03:12 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Patrick Fagot?


 
Aeon Posted: Sat Apr 2 00:26:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Patrick Fagot?

Ewww... Ouch. I submit to your mighty cut downs. Your superiority as "alpha male" is firmly established. :: scoffs ::


 
FN Posted: Sat Apr 2 05:48:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Very well then.


*wanders of fertilising concubines*


 
addi Posted: Sat Apr 2 07:44:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Very well then.
>
>
>*wanders of fertilising porcupines*

ouch
love hurts


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Apr 2 09:05:00 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>*wanders of fertilising concubines*

*sighs* yes I must go tend to my harem to Chris. It's a duty that must be done. Best do it in person.


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]