Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Fairies/Faeries
Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Apr 1 11:49:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *sighs mutters* I'm going to be teased. . .

I'm obessed with faeries. I've seen them on a couple of occasions. Thoughts or teases...

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Apr 1 11:51:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>I'm obessed with faeries.

let me clarify "fairy" not gay man.

Faery = magical being of earth, light, and air.

FN Posted: Fri Apr 1 12:23:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Haha

This reminds me of a documentary I saw yesterday about some shelter for abused women.

One of them was an old lady that had been abused for 50 years, and just as I started to more or less empathise with her because of her grandma-like appearance and seemingly gentle voice, the interviewer asked how she managed to cope.

Her eyes flared up and like she was seeing it right now, she said that every time she was alone in a room a little angel would appear and "tell her things".

It totally freaked me out and almost brought me to tears laughing at the same time.

beetlebum Posted: Fri Apr 1 12:55:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>*sighs mutters* I'm going to be teased. . .
>
>
>I'm obessed with faeries. I've seen them on a couple of occasions.

You've seen them?! I'd like to know where, when, who with, and what they looked like, please. :o)

FN Posted: Fri Apr 1 14:12:39 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>You've seen them?! I'd like to know where, when, who with, and what they looked like, please. :o)

I hear they look like the bottom of a whiskeybottle.

beetlebum Posted: Fri Apr 1 14:37:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>beetlebum said:
>>You've seen them?! I'd like to know where, when, who with, and what they looked like, please. :o)
>
>I hear they look like the bottom of a whiskeybottle.

lol. Funny, I thought that's where one would find a leprechaun. Guess I got my magical beings mixed up.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Apr 1 18:23:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>You've seen them?! I'd like to know where, when, who with, and what they looked like, please. :o)

I've seen them alone, late afternoon, in my woods down near the Haw River in North carolina USA. I can't tell you how they look as I have only seen little figments of them. One I saw was orange, another I saw was green. I have found a house of theirs has well. The next day I came back and it was gone. Circles too. They like me I think because they let me see them. Not all of them mind you. Just enough for me to know that I saw something. I once saw sweet green eyes outside my window. My brothers said the saw the same green eyes attached to cute boy elf. I don't belive them. And for the longest time they thought that he - the elf - was going to take me away. lol. I'm pretty and special but not that pretty and special. Faeries seem to be picky about who they invite back to their kingdom. :P

And by the way- if he ever does come and get me I'm not coming back

innocenceNonus Posted: Fri Apr 1 18:39:35 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Me too. Totally have a thing for them.

My dream "honeymoon" [ugh that sounds so trite] is to visit faerie grounds [aka ruins] in the countryside of Western Europe. I think that'd be lovely.

My favorite faerie book is the Encyclopaedia of Faeries compiled by some French guy... Cool book and excellent resource though. I highly recommend giving it a read if you're a hardcore faerie aficionado.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Apr 1 19:02:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>My favorite faerie book is the Encyclopaedia of Faeries compiled by some French guy... Cool book and excellent resource though. I highly recommend giving it a read if you're a hardcore faerie aficionado.

Been there read that.
I've read just about everything there is about faeries.

Aeon Posted: Fri Apr 1 19:19:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I see them too, sometimes... on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. HA HA! That was a little obvious...

FN Posted: Fri Apr 1 22:01:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A friend of mine claimed to have seen a talking orange with tiny legs walking in his garden, threatening to kill her.

innocenceNonus Posted: Fri Apr 1 22:56:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Been there read that.
>I've read just about everything there is about faeries.

lol. EVEN NOVELS ABOUT FAERIES?!?!?!??!

I used to be a sucker for young adult fiction that incorporated faeries in any way, shape, or form.

Other Faerie books I liked:

- The faerie fashion book where all the clothers were made of petals and leaves and feathers
- Lady so-and-so's book of pressed faeries [there's a sequel now too, but i haven't been able to look through it yet]
- [if you're a sucker for young adult fiction like me] Eoin Colfer books dealing with Artemis Fowl
- Mists of Avalon [surprisingly in-depth read... shame it isn't considered "of literary merit" because it's fantasy... pfft. l4m3]
- this other young adult's book where there was a faerie prince and a common girl and the girl had to defeat her evil stepmother... can't remember the title. bloody good book though.

Those are my preferred readings. I've kinda been wanting to read The Tempest though because of Ariel.

Dancer Posted: Sat Apr 2 00:01:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>beetlebum said:
>>You've seen them?! I'd like to know where, when, who with, and what they looked like, please. :o)
>
>I've seen them alone, late afternoon, in my woods down near the Haw River in North carolina USA. I can't tell you how they look as I have only seen little figments of them. One I saw was orange, another I saw was green. I have found a house of theirs has well. The next day I came back and it was gone. Circles too. They like me I think because they let me see them. Not all of them mind you. Just enough for me to know that I saw something. I once saw sweet green eyes outside my window. My brothers said the saw the same green eyes attached to cute boy elf. I don't belive them. And for the longest time they thought that he - the elf - was going to take me away. lol. I'm pretty and special but not that pretty and special. Faeries seem to be picky about who they invite back to their kingdom. :P
>
>And by the way- if he ever does come and get me I'm not coming back

they really exist?? gosh i love fairies..been wanting to get a soaked fairy tattoo.. are they supposed to be colorful? i need to get that encyclopedia!

Aeon Posted: Sat Apr 2 00:25:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>A friend of mine claimed to have seen a talking orange with tiny legs walking in his garden, threatening to kill her.

Orange with legs... Oh... Todd... yeah... you don't fuck with Todd.

Posted: Sat Apr 2 01:43:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>Christophe said:
>>A friend of mine claimed to have seen a talking orange with tiny legs walking in his garden, threatening to kill her.
>
>
>Orange with legs... Oh... Todd... yeah... you don't fuck with Todd.

....*claps*

Mesh Posted: Sat Apr 2 05:33:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Crim, you just saved a tiny beings life. Youre a hero.

I saw a drakken once.

FN Posted: Sat Apr 2 05:47:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>A friend of mine claimed to have seen a talking orange with tiny legs walking in his garden, threatening to kill her.

*his=her

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Apr 2 09:02:44 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  okay, people this is serious. I need to go to FA (faeiri-holics). I think it's because for years I was abandoned in the land of back-wood homeschoolers. Faeries became my friends. I used to make offerings to them and make little villages out of certain rocks and moss and mud. I used to set out a bowl of cream every midsummer's eve (they use it to bathe their children in). I suppose that many won't take them seriously but I'd like to believe that there is something magical left in this world. Cause I certainly can't find any trace of "God".

FN Posted: Sun Apr 3 15:12:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I believe you cherry.

Sicko

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Apr 4 08:52:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I believe you cherry.
>
>
>
>Sicko

Don't you *thwack* call me sicko *thwack* sicko :P At least faeries are a more um, sane then humans. *Stalks muttering* I'm call Tinkerbell about this, I don't this, *fumes*

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]