Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

simpleman journals. lost in translation
iggy Posted: Mon Apr 4 05:15:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The Simpleman Journals.
Lost in Translation.

Itís strange coming to a land that Iíve always wanted to visit since I was a teenager. And guess what? Getting lost in the language which Iíve learnt and to be in a culture that is so familiar yet to distant for so long.

While on the journey here, I watched ĎCloserí and that movie actually hit home. The themes about relationships and how people handled their personal lives mirrored how my social circle, especially when it comes to Maureen and me.

Itís been a while now since Iíve thought of her. But the song by Damien Rice is something I find a sick yet familiar feeling with.

Here I am, on a plane ride home to a place which I have meaning for other than work and the people I love so much and a place filled with memoriesÖ memories of laughter, memories of joy and balanced by memories of heartaches and tears and my past.

Who was it that said that line, ďGaining by losingĒ. I wish I could agree with that at times, till today I am trying to balance a lot of things in my life.

I went for many lonely walks at night in Tokyo and Taipei, enjoying my whiskey and my smokes listening to the live bands singing out to me, to comfort me in jazz and blues.

I hung around beer and cigarette machines, wishing that there was someone by my side, looking at the world before me. Laughing, smiling, talkingÖ someone to talk about everything but anything.

And I remembered once I knew that if I were to be in this line of work, I couldnít allow anyone to be in my life. How can one take my constant traveling as and when I have to? To spend all my waking hours immersed in my work.

There was this stewardess that gave me a shock when I was flying in to Tokyo, there she was, serving me my meals and I caught sight of her nametag. Maureen Lee it read, smack in my face. The exact name of mo.

Well thank you God, thanks for that strange irony.

Iím not depressed just in case you wondered. Just tired. Just lost. Just confused.

Well. At least I got a dog to keep me company for my lonely nights now.
At least he listens and all he wants is a doggie treat for me bugging him for a little companionship.

addi Posted: Mon Apr 4 07:12:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chan said:

>Iím not depressed just in case you wondered. Just tired. Just lost. Just confused.

Sounds like a typical day for me, chan.

And I really like that Damien Rice song too(Blower's Daughter). It haunts my soul every time i listen to it.
Hang in there.

breeze Posted: Mon Apr 4 11:17:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  chan said:
>Well. At least I got a dog to keep me company for my lonely nights now.
>At least he listens and all he wants is a doggie treat for me bugging him for a little companionship.
>
>

I don't even have a dog...*sigh*

but everything else feels the same.. it's all this rain on the weekends and Mondays that make me feel this way.

antartica Posted: Mon Apr 4 21:20:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  breeze said:
>I don't even have a dog...*sigh*

i dunno if i got a dog or not coz everytime i do something some one would shout at me "son of a bitch"... i'd look about but i dun see no dog about... *scratches head*

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]