Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

describe the greatest thing you ever did.......
simonvii Posted: Mon Apr 18 23:22:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  whats the greatest thing youve ever done?

Kira Posted: Mon Apr 18 23:35:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Most likely something I did for someone else, so would would have to talk to them.

Silentmind Posted: Tue Apr 19 00:00:29 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Really hard question to answer. I think I'd rather answer that question when on my death bed, after I've lived my life, and done all that I could have. Then maybe I may be able to come up with an answer. However that is probably doubtful, as it is such a difficult question. Would it be getting a degree, marrying the love of your life, bringing into the world,or adopting a child, or any number of other things. I personally could never say that a single event was the greatest. I could say, however, that the greatest thing I've ever done is live.

Posted: Tue Apr 19 00:04:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I once made love to twenty virgin girls while dangling upon a tightrope over niagara falls.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, the greatest thing I've ever done was win my Euchre tournament last month.

Ed Posted: Tue Apr 19 00:20:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Crim's mom?

;p

sweet p Posted: Tue Apr 19 00:40:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ed said:
>Crim's mom?

Twice.

Bzoso Posted: Tue Apr 19 00:42:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Talked with George Lucas and shook his hand over spring break.

Posted: Tue Apr 19 01:05:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, my mom's pretty great.

FN Posted: Tue Apr 19 05:45:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Few people know this, but about a year ago during summer break I spent some time playing the stockmarket (had collected a shitload of data and graphs and what not about some firms that seemed interesting at the time), and made well over 1000 in a 1 month period (although some longer testing time with a fictional stock portfolio went before that).

I decided to quit while I was ahead and sold my stocks when school started again.

iggy Posted: Tue Apr 19 06:06:34 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i lived...

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Apr 19 06:41:28 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bzoso said:
>Talked with George Lucas and shook his hand over spring break.
>
That's pretty lame Bzoso.

I once saved your life by killing a shit eating dog.

FN Posted: Tue Apr 19 06:59:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Bzoso said:
>>Talked with George Lucas and shook his hand over spring break.
>>
>That's pretty lame Bzoso.

I agree.

>I once saved your life by killing a shit eating dog.

I'm going to have to steal that one.

By the way, my thing wasn't the greatest thing ever in my life, but I do see it as one of the more amusing achievements.

addi Posted: Tue Apr 19 07:14:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Pretty nasty post, hiffer. Perhaps you two should exchange hotmail addresses and take it outside, so to speak.

*and no, I'm not the fricking moderator here (Kira is). Just Addi's *brilliant* opinion.
: )

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Apr 19 07:17:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Pretty nasty post, hiffer. Perhaps you two should exchange hotmail addresses and take it outside, so to speak.
>
>*and no, I'm not the fricking moderator here (Kira is). Just Addi's *brilliant* opinion.
>: )
Yeah, it was wasn't it ?
Probably the first time I've pressed the enter key on an intentionally nasty post with no regrets afterward.

addi Posted: Tue Apr 19 08:10:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  found this place

I'm going to wait till my golden twilight years and find this thread to post a proper reply. The best is yet to come.

Oh yeah...I once went for four hours and 3 minutes without having a sexual thought about girls while I was conscious, back in July of '83. That's pretty remarkable.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Apr 19 09:05:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>Oh yeah...I once went for four hours and 3 minutes without having a sexual thought about girls while I was conscious, back in July of '83.
>
A classic case of spin.
Change the word "girls" in your post to "sheep", and then it becomes an outright falsehood !
:-)

Mesh Posted: Tue Apr 19 10:03:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've dont nothing in my life worth calling great. I've done good things, sure. None of them deserve to be called truly great.

beetlebum Posted: Tue Apr 19 10:10:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm wish Mesh. What IS great? When I think of people who have accomplished great things, I think of Einstein or Benjamin Franklin or Napoleon (sorta) or Newton. (That brief list could be refined, I'm sure, but you know what I mean.)

In that case, I don't think I will ever accomplish anything great.

However, if loving unconditionally is a great thing, then I'm alright. Unfortunately for me, people don't usually make the history books for the minutiae that makes up the personal, as opposed to public, life. :o)

Mesh Posted: Tue Apr 19 10:17:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I guess maybe last year, when I came across a bad accident about 25 minutes outside of the city, in which a car went off the road, flipped, and then slammed into a tree. Left the driver dead, and the passenger close to it. I called on my cellphone for an ambulance, and stayed with the person and held his hand until the ambulance came. I believe he died before the ambulance even made it to the hospital.

But I wouldnt consider that great. Thats just what any human being with a heart would/should do in a situation like that.

libra Posted: Tue Apr 19 10:37:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't know. I hope I haven't done it yet, because I haven't done anything amazing, I don't think. I'm with addi that finding this place was an important thing. But I'll have to wait until later in my life to truly decide

libra Posted: Tue Apr 19 10:38:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  just wanted to mention my cute puppy in my avatar. Her name is kenzie (she's much older and fatter than that now).

Awww, isn't she cute!

Mesh Posted: Tue Apr 19 10:39:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yes she is. I was actually about to make a post about that. Cute little pup she is/was.

FN Posted: Tue Apr 19 13:01:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Her name is kenzie (she's much older and fatter than that now).
>
>Awww, isn't she cute!

I wouldn't take her to china.

DaggerEyes Posted: Tue Apr 19 22:10:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The greatest thing I have done thus far in my life is love many of the people in it with every second of my time.
But these are things that will not be remembered in a generation or so, so I have done nothing truly worth the word 'great'.

antartica Posted: Wed Apr 20 01:12:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  nice avatar Chris :)

FN Posted: Wed Apr 20 09:57:56 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like my new one too.

addi Posted: Wed Apr 20 10:05:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I like my new one too.

LOL!
I think he has some dirt or something on his lip

antartica Posted: Wed Apr 20 12:09:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I think he has some dirt or something on his lip