Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Women / Phones
Paulo Posted: Sat Apr 23 09:21:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  120 minutes a month
25 minutes a day

The top number is how many minutes my girlfriend is allowed to make per month from her mobile phone on her current contract. If she exceeds this number she gets extra charges on the 25 a month she pays.

The number below that is the number of minutes on average she spends on the phone to me during her lunch break.

Now I care about my girlfriend very much and by no means do I see this as dumping ground its bloody annoying when fate, the mice who control our planet or God conspires against me so that she rings just as the second half of Chelsea V Fulham kicks off.

Chelsea are chasing their first championship win in 50 years, four points will do it, they beat Fulham and get a draw and that is 4 points. At half time its 1-1 a draw will mean more agony for me as a football fan.

This is the time she decides to ring me to talk about how many calories she has eaten, the weather, what i've done in the 5 hours since i dropped her at the station. I then have to use Sky+ (Basically a Tivo) so pause kick off and then spend 25 minutes on the phone umming and ah-ha all the way through. She asks me what outfit I think she should wear to go to a rock type club this evening (I stop short of saying I don't care) yet still she pushes me for an answer!

I sound annoyed, thats because right now I am, and well she sounds and possibly is quite possessive but I can on the hole answer that and I am quite prepared to put up with that but any of you woman out there in GT land like to make pointless and long phone conversations that achieve nothing except dribing up your phone bill, making my good luck Gianluca Vialli (An ex-player in the form of a statue who's bald head i kiss throughout a game) useless as i'm now 25 minutes in the past and must resist temptation to look at the actual score on the BBC website.

In person I will gladly talk shit to her I quite enjoy it, but on the phone why do I and to certain extent Mat_J find girlfriend phone conversations so mind numbingly boring. Any solutions you people can think of?

And one more thing... In my house until Monday evening it was impossible to get a mobile phone signal, now they put a new mast up that my girlfriend knows about and has seen in action meaning I can recieve text messages all day! Time to plan an avoidance tactic!

FN Posted: Sat Apr 23 11:11:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah I sure hate that.

I don't like talking on the phone in general, especially when it's just talking for the sake of talking, I get pissed off and agressive after 5 minutes when I feel like somebody's wasting my time.

Text messages are ok, though I hate it when I don't respond quickly enough and they send me something like "what are you doing that is more important than me".

Some of my gf's also had the nasty habit of checking my messages on my mobile if I left them alone with it for a while somewhere. At some point I started to turn it off with my ex when she was here so she couldn't get into it, but then I got all that crap of "if I can't see it there's bound to be something in those messages that shouldn't be in them". Or making me feel guilty and whatever.

Mesh Posted: Sat Apr 23 11:35:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>
>
>I don't like talking on the phone in general, especially when it's just talking for the sake of talking, I get pissed off and agressive after 5 minutes when I feel like somebody's wasting my time.

Quoted for truth. I'm the same way.

dan632 Posted: Sat Apr 23 11:36:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i think mobile phones are a bit like the clitorus...because they are now so small that they are hard to find and every cunt has one!

libra Posted: Sat Apr 23 13:17:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't call my boyfriend much to talk. Occasionally, if i'm at work alone on friday afternoons and he's at home, we'll call and talk about things and weekend plans. It seems like he's interested and conversing back...and sometimes he'll call me just to talk as well...so I don't think I'm boring him.

red Posted: Sun Apr 24 16:34:46 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mobile phones are not good for you. Like microwaves. And politics.

Paulo, I thought Chelsea needed 5 points? Doesn't really matter though, they've bagged it.

breeze Posted: Sun Apr 24 17:16:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hmm, Paulo, why don't you just say that you're in the middle of something and that you will call her back, if it's a bad timing? I know people who are fun to talk to in person, but who think that phone conversations are boring and annoying, so I never spend more than 3-5 min talking to them on the phone. so it's just the point of making it clear to other person.

whenever I call I always ask people first if it's a good timing for them. I hate to waste somebody else's time and I hate when people waste my time, so i'm usually really blunt and say if i'm busy and i can't talk.

But then again I have 800min/month to spend and I use them all plus free nights and weekends.. I'm a cell phone junkie, i can't live without one. No sms though.. I think they're waste of time. it's much easier and faster to call the person up and say whatever you have to say, than to spend time texting the same thing.

breeze Posted: Sun Apr 24 17:20:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Some of my gf's also had the nasty habit of checking my messages on my mobile if I left them alone with it for a while somewhere. At some point I started to turn it off with my ex when she was here so she couldn't get into it, but then I got all that crap of "if I can't see it there's bound to be something in those messages that shouldn't be in them". Or making me feel guilty and whatever.

Hmm, i make it clear to my bfs that my cell phone is my private territory and that i don't want them to touch it, meaning go over messages or my phone call logs to check who called me and stuff. I hate when people do it and it's not about me having something in it that will make them jealous, I just think it's invasion of privacy and sign of mistrust.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]