Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Dogs
Paulo Posted: Sat Apr 23 09:29:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Any of you people a dog person?

I am most certainly not. I was bitten by an alsatian as a child and ever since I have disliked them intensely.

For companionship I look to my right hand, my television and my friends, I don't need a dog who will jump all over visitors, deposit hair everywhere, somehow in my pockets too and the smell, o the smell.

My hatred has worsened in recent months because of my girlfriend's Dogs, the blonde one (I don't know the breed or "model" if you will) What I can tell you is that the fucking beast will rest its head on my lap and drool over my trousers leaving a stinking, wet patch. This model will also deposit hair all over my coat leaving me to pick it up for hours after.

Also tomorrow after a night of heavy drinking my and my girlfriend were planning to return to my home which is a 25 mile trip from a friends house where we are staying to celebrate my cousins birthday. Afterwhich we were going to travel another 25 miles to her house because she hasn't been there in a while.

Now We have to travgel 25 miles to her house because her parents are out and her brother is in work to let the fucking dogs out to piss, then travel 25 miles to mine to parte then travel 25 miles back to hers to sleep.

Its not the first time dog's have stopped me enjoying life. On several occaisions I've had to cancel plans or make a large diversion because of some neeedy beasts who I don't deem fit to live in the same space as me.

Forgive me if i sound virtiolic, i'm not enough of a dog hater to abuse one (though I would kick it if I was viciously attacked)

I'd just like to hear why some people feel the need to have a smelly, drooling, hair depositing, needy creature that can sometimes ruin my night!

Mesh Posted: Sat Apr 23 09:58:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like dogs mainly because I grew up around them and am used to having them. Our dogs were always well trained from the time they were puppies so that they were never any trouble.

One of my roommates went and got a dog, that ended up being a little bastard who shat and pissed everywhere and got into trash and tore things up. I told her if that dog isnt under control she'll have to get rid of it. She got it in obeidiance classes and worked real hard with it, and now its a well behaved dog.

Though, I have been bitten four times (once in the face by a german shephard). That kind of pissed me off.

Mesh Posted: Sat Apr 23 09:59:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh, and why cant she just leave the dogs outside instead of you guys having to go back to let them out? They are animals afterall, a few hours outside wont kill them.

FN Posted: Sat Apr 23 11:12:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not an animal person in general.

Asswipe Posted: Sat Apr 23 11:14:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  don't you people use Kilometers?

addi Posted: Sat Apr 23 11:27:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>don't you people use Kilometers?

Oh they use them and abuse them alright...like cheap whores, and then toss them away like yesterday's news.
: (

I'm a dog person. Love them (except for little yapping rat dogs).
If I meet someone and find out they don't love animals I won't have sex with them...so you're safe, Christophe.

DaggerEyes Posted: Sat Apr 23 11:38:06 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love dogs, but cats are cooler. I got my first larger pets, two cats, when I was twelve or thirteen but I had loved animals for a long time before that.

Paulo Posted: Sat Apr 23 11:46:30 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  We use Miles for long distances, Metres and feet for short distances, Centremeteres and Inches for really small distances and Pounds and Kilogrammes for weight.

Britain is one weired place.

libra Posted: Sat Apr 23 13:14:09 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love dogs. I've grown up with different dogs and I love the two I have now: Kenzie and Alice. They're yappy and annoying at times, but they have such distinct little personalities and they're such sweethearts.

Silentmind Posted: Sat Apr 23 19:40:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm indifferent to dogs and animals in general. If they're nice, sure why the hell not, if they act like assholes and shit on the carpet, no. Thats why I like fish.

kurohyou Posted: Sun Apr 24 01:30:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm a dog person. I'm a fan of bigger dogs. German Shepards, Belgium Malenwa(sp), Labs and Retreivers.

I've had a good number of dogs in my lifetime, the dog I had most of the time while we were growing up is still alive and is pushing 17 years old. He's a good dog.

My wife and I have attempted the family dog thing 4 times, each time my wife saying that we are ready and then for some reason we determimed that we weren't after the dog was in the picture. Very frustrating. My last dog is currently living with my brother. Her name is Rieka and she is a White Shepard. Good dog, no tail...

One of my goals, if and when I get on with a police department is to work with the K-9 unit. Its amazing how well those dogs are trained and its impressive to see them in action.

If you like dogs and are looking for a good and interesting read, check out "How to be your dogs best friend." Its written by the Monks of New Skeet(sp) and talks about how they raise their dogs and is pretty interesting.

For what its worth...

Ahriman Posted: Sun Apr 24 13:25:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love all animals. I can find scars from cats, dogs, bulls, snakes, birds, horses, etc. all over my body but it makes no difference. It's kitten season right now, so we have many many little baby cats. We just adopted out a purebred Irish Wolfhound named Guinness. Name the dog, and I've probably had to take care of it at some point in my life.

http://www.charityadvantage.com/petconnectionprogramsinc/home.asp

libra Posted: Sun Apr 24 13:43:51 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>It's kitten season right now, so we have many many little baby cats.

My friend erin volunteers at a shelter, she has five little seven day old kittens right now. It is so much fun to feed little kittens and watch them grow up...but I do understand the problems behind the kitty overpopulation and feel sorry for the hundreds of kittens put to sleep every spring at our shelter because of human irresponsibility.

FN Posted: Sun Apr 24 14:41:07 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Some people in my family also have loads of kittens, and are looking for creative ways of killing them.

Any suggestions?

red Posted: Sun Apr 24 16:29:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not really a dog person. I prefer human companionship. We have two guard dogs at the farm back home, one has 3 legs, the other one's very fierce.
Dogs for the blind are trained well, so they're cool.
I used to want fish as a pet, but that was before I saw Finding Nemo.

breeze Posted: Sun Apr 24 16:53:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I grew up with many dogs and cats, but I still prefer dogs. I miss my Butch, who's back home now with my parents and who recently became a dad =) *sigh* I wish I could have dogs in the apartment I live now..

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]