Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Addi Editorial
addi Posted: Sun Apr 24 10:49:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the thread title is named so because i want to emphasize right from the start that the following is nothing more than one GTers opinion...and no, i do not have an overly inflated sense of my importance here.

so as my good friend Kuro would say....For what it's worth...

I noticed a disturbing trend over the past months that i think lessens this place. Some of you have decided that's it's cool to pose as someone else here. I don't think it's necessary at this time to name names, and I won't pretend to try and understand your motivation for doing so, but I think it needs to stop. If you can't be honest and authentic enough to post here as yourself and not try to decieve us regulars then i suggest you find another site where immaturity and deception are commonplace...god knows there's plenty of those places around.

Why should i even give a damn?

Because I love what JQ has created here. I have invested a lot (maybe too much) time and creativity and energy here over the past 3 years. Right or wrong i care about this place, and that it remains a place where people of all ages and cultural backgrounds come to share their thoughts...sometimes silly and sometimes serious....but always as honest and upfront forum members.
Lies and purposeful deception have no place here. I know already of one regular, whom i greatly admire and respect, that has had their fill of the stupidity going on here and has decided to leave because of it. It's my loss and other regular posters loss because of it.
I'm not calling for a forum where only people that think like me post here. Hif and I disagree and argue regularly on matters of politics, yet i think if he left if would really hurt this place.
I'm only asking that people here be honest and respectful enough to post as themselves.
I want the forum to be a place that makes us laugh, makes us think, makes us care about each other (even if we never meet in person), and most of all, remains a place where people openly and honestly share about their lives with others.
Thanks for the vent
Sincerely,
Addi
: )

antartica Posted: Sun Apr 24 10:57:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i know what you mean Bro...

i've been guilty of that as well... posing as Ian... the guts...

i dunno, but if you've noticed. i've hardly posted no more. but tt dun mean i dun read like i used to.

posting slut no more but heck, i still care about this place...

Mark Posted: Sun Apr 24 11:04:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Amen to that addi. Couldn't have said it better myself ;)

addi Posted: Sun Apr 24 11:24:33 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antartica said:

>i dunno, but if you've noticed. i've hardly posted no more. but tt dun mean i dun read like i used to.

well, D'uh! Of course I've noticed. I wish you'd go back to being a slut.

*and thanks wolffie

FN Posted: Sun Apr 24 12:02:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Anybody care to explain? (sometimes I'm surprised as how oblivious I am to stuff like this)

iggy Posted: Sun Apr 24 12:26:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ditto on what ant said.

Asswipe Posted: Sun Apr 24 12:36:49 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i guess i'm not sure what the hell you all are talking about. but with people's absurd fondness for altering their names just slightly, (addi, chan, etc.) it seems easy enough for someone to create a similar name and post as another and easily get away with it. Hell, I don't question the old names spelled slightly different because I know you dorks like to change your names. again, i'm not sure if this is what you're referring to or there's some password retrieval hacking going on or something, but if it's the first mode, just stop changing your damned names so people can make the distinction between addi, addison, addy, and fuckface, or whoever is identity thefting up the place.

payce

Asswipe Posted: Sun Apr 24 12:39:37 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  on a sidenote, the real asswipe is locked in his closet and i'm a friend of his mother's who plans to roast the lad over a spit in a few hours. i'll be taking over asswipe's GT-soul.

addi Posted: Sun Apr 24 13:05:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>just stop changing your damned names so people can make the distinction between addi, addison, addy, and fuckface, or whoever is identity thefting up the place.

lol

Just so you're not confused Asswipe. Shortening origonal names is not what i was referring to. People stopped referring to me as addison eons ago, so I decided to shorten mine to Addi and go with the flow. I figured having Ludwig and my own pic in my avator made that pretty clear. Sorry if that confizzled you. Likewise chanz changed his to Chan..and I don't think that messed with anyone's minds here...at least i hope not : )
I was referring to something else entirely.

libra Posted: Sun Apr 24 13:39:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I agree with addi. Recently, it has sometimes felt that the forum has been, through immaturity, turned into the sort of forum like the gazillion other chat rooms and forums available to people outside. I didn't go searching for a forum to talk to people on when I found GT, I found an amazing site and the amazing people that appreciated a lot of the same things as me. This forum is special...and that's why I continue to frequent it.

Mouse Posted: Sun Apr 24 13:40:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>If you can't be honest and authentic enough to post here as yourself and not try to decieve us regulars then i suggest you find another site where immaturity and deception are commonplace...god knows there's plenty of those places around.

So be it.

Silentmind Posted: Sun Apr 24 14:07:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I couldn't agree more. It seems quite immature to not be who you are. Thats what this forum is about. Coming here with your own opinions and your own thoughts. Being who you are. Some of us may never see each other in our lifetimes, some of us may, but being true to who you are is important to this community. No one here is going to hate you if you show your soul or ask for advice. Just be who you are. Don't hide yourself.

FN Posted: Sun Apr 24 14:39:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yet still I'm wondering what this is about. Somebody who knows tell me on msn or something.

Asswipe Posted: Sun Apr 24 15:00:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yes, i've also no clue what this is about. are we talking about identity theft or are we talking about simply not appreciating some people's opinions(libra's/silentmind's posts seem to be aimed at simply not liking/enjoying what people are discussing)

Asswipe Posted: Sun Apr 24 15:02:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  keep in mind i'm now a 47 year old bald man with a gut shaped just right to double as a coffee table when i'm sitting slouched on a couch.

no, i'm not ifihadahif.

Asswipe Posted: Sun Apr 24 15:07:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  part of the cool and/or interesting part of existing in a community on the internet is that you can take up any role and identity you really want. for the most part, i don't care who you all are and/or pretend to be, so tell me you once sailed across the atlantic on a barge made of wood strapped together with pig ligaments or tell me you once saved someone's life with a roll of duct tape when a partially chewed cheez-it ruptured their trachea. it don't really matter to me as long as it's interesting. (and i realize none of you have ever done anything near as interesting as what i said, but sometimes you're a cool lot anyways.) but damn it, help me save the world from cheez-its... i've got my reasons.

Mouse Posted: Sun Apr 24 15:14:05 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What this is about is someone coming in with a new screen name and not revealing that they were an existing GTer. What this is about is someone 'lying' and putting up a new facade.

What this is about is addi having a problem with me.

Asswipe Posted: Sun Apr 24 15:16:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>What this is about is someone coming in with a new screen name and not revealing that they were an existing GTer. What this is about is someone 'lying' and putting up a new facade.
>
>What this is about is addi having a problem with me.

oh, sweet drama. TALK IT OUT, kiddies. preferably in public so i can throw verbal feces at all the idiots involved.

Asswipe Posted: Sun Apr 24 15:17:36 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  We'd circle and we'd circle and we'd circle to stop and consider and
centered on the pavement stacked up all the trucks jacked up and
our wheels in slush and orange crush in pocket and all this here county
hell any county it's just like heaven here and I was remembering and I
was just in a different county and all then this whirlybird that I
headed for I had my goggles pulled off I knew it all I knew every back
road and every truck stop

this is REM - Orange crush, or parts of it, and it's totally the mood i'm in right now, and it's fairly wonderful yet i'm hung over.

libra Posted: Sun Apr 24 16:49:25 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>(libra's/silentmind's posts seem to be aimed at simply not liking/enjoying what people are discussing)

The main selling point of GT for me, and I think for many of the other posters, is the level of honestly and straight-forwardness it is able to achieve despite its internet location. Yes, we cannot expect everything we see or read to be the truth, but this place is probably the most truthful place I have ever found onine, and that's why I keep coming back.

sweet p Posted: Sun Apr 24 17:25:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What the mofo.

I am confused like Christophe and Asswipe.

Is this about the unknown "Ed"?

Maybe I am not around enough to understand what is happening...

sweet p Posted: Sun Apr 24 17:28:02 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>saved someone's life with a roll of duct tape when a partially chewed cheez-it ruptured their trachea

ahahaha
I love it.

Mouse Posted: Sun Apr 24 17:45:10 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Okay, addison, you want me to explain what I did? Fine.
I created a second account. If you happened to notice DaggerEyes around, that was me. I'm not going to go into why I did that, if you really want to know you can email me or talk to me on msn, otherwise it's my business not everyone's. I only posted on the blog for a while and then started posting on the forum, which I now regret. Addi emailed me and I didn't admit my identity when I replied.
I never lied, I only hid who I was, thinly at that.
I posted something on the blog, if anyone cares to read that.

addi Posted: Sun Apr 24 18:01:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:

>What this is about is addi having a problem with me.

Not true, mousie, and you know it. that's a very unfair thing to say.

FN Posted: Sun Apr 24 18:09:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Stap argueing children, there's enough Christophe for everybody.

Mouse Posted: Sun Apr 24 18:14:23 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Mouse said:
>>What this is about is addi having a problem with me.
>
>Not true, mousie, and you know it. that's a very unfair thing to say.

'Unfair'? That's all you have to say?
Bullshit, you start a thread with the express purpose of making me bare all, start a flurry of questions leaving me to answer them, and you're going to tell me I'm being unfair?

If this is about something other than me, I'm all ears.

addi Posted: Sun Apr 24 18:23:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  this thread has run it's course. I have no interest in making it a 2 person pissing match.
You know how to contact me, mouse. if you want to talk IM me, otherwise I've said everything i care to say here
peace

Silentmind Posted: Sun Apr 24 18:53:58 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Asswipe said:
>>(libra's/silentmind's posts seem to be aimed at simply not liking/enjoying what people are discussing)
>
>The main selling point of GT for me, and I think for many of the other posters, is the level of honestly and straight-forwardness it is able to achieve despite its internet location. Yes, we cannot expect everything we see or read to be the truth, but this place is probably the most truthful place I have ever found onine, and that's why I keep coming back.

That was my point as well. Be honest. I love what people have to say here, but it was in reference to addi post, and not being honest.

Zacq Posted: Sun Apr 24 19:29:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>this thread has run it's course. I have no interest in making it a 2 person pissing match.

That reminds me of in the Simpsons - "I don't want to start a pissing match... or do I?"

And now to outdo Christophe and his not noticing people using alternate names: How the hell didn't I notice Addison changed his name to Addi! Same with Chanz.

Honestly I'm just retarted.

Zacq Posted: Sun Apr 24 19:30:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just had to go an check to see if hif had shortened his without me noticing. I was worried for a moment.

Kira Posted: Sun Apr 24 21:17:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Personally if I were to have a problem with any specific GTers, I would have enough respect to confront them directly and in private, and the guts to do so, instead of challenging them to do the job for me. Least of all would I attempt to vilify them (in the nicest way possible, without naming names) in public before people who have never had a problem with them.

But then, I have never had a big problem with anyone here. I don't care what your name is or who you say you are, as long as you look after your own opinions, steer away from personal attacks and generally mind your own business. I lose nothing if you lie, or conceal the truth, act, play pretend, or speak in riddles. I enjoy your posts or I don't, then I close the browser and go back to my life.

addi Posted: Sun Apr 24 22:26:18 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Personally if I were to have a problem with any specific GTers, I would have enough respect to confront them directly and in private, and the guts to do so, instead of challenging them to do the job for me. Least of all would I attempt to vilify them (in the nicest way possible, without naming names) in public before people who have never had a problem with them.

My my. Why doesn't this surprise me, Kira.

And i would suggest that you actually check first with your dear friend before you post something like this...maybe to get your facts straight. While I have to admire your sticking up for a close friend, I don't admire your quickness to judge when it's clear you're clueless as to what really transpired.

iggy Posted: Sun Apr 24 23:01:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the thing is ... my name is chan.
when i first joined GT i just added a z extension just for fun and always wanted to change it back to chan.

so there.

chanz chan what's the fucking diff?

as it is, i see no point in posting here as often as i did in the past.

some of the older forummers knows why.

-fini-

Kira Posted: Sun Apr 24 23:22:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You are incorrect, but I see why you would assume that. I should have said, I would *keep* my personal disagreements private.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 25 07:17:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ok, so I'm away from this sacred place for one whole day and it's turned into a fucking soap opera.
WTF ?
I was oblivious to the subterfuge, but I also don't care.
I always suspected that Kira was Sailovzi, but I didn't care because no one uses their real names here anyway.
To me, this smacks as something personal and probably shouldn't be aired in the forum anyway.
In his defense, Addi did say that it was merely an opinion and nothing more.

On another note, I too have noticed that this forum is a lot more immature and high-schooley than it used to be.
It does seem to be gravitating towards the shallow end of the pool.
But I still love this place and care about what happens in the lives of those who inhabit this place.
nuff said.

CorDrine Posted: Mon Apr 25 09:06:26 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just to add my opinion. GT used to be a place I get excited about when I visit it. Someone would always have something interesting to say, exciting to share, some deep thoughts etc. I used to post a lot, almost everyday. But now, its like, I visit GT, and I get a bit disappointed each time. No one is really disgusting about things that matters anymore, not much anyway. The only thing I look forward to now is the weird poll. AS such, I have retreated into my Blog instead. Perhaps its a generation gap? A new generation has emerge in GT? Don't know... don't really care. Just hope that the spirit of GT lives on.... I'll keep on monitoring....

addi Posted: Mon Apr 25 10:08:40 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CorDrine said:
>GT used to be a place I get excited about when I visit it. Someone would always have something interesting to say, exciting to share, some deep thoughts etc. I used to post a lot, almost everyday. But now, its like, I visit GT, and I get a bit disappointed each time.

Made me think about how life is always changing and evolving. Nothing stays static...including this place. I wonder if the old guard regulars, and other used to be heavy posters, do so less now because life's circumstances have changed for them, and they just move on for various reasons...
... or if it's soley because the quality and content has changed in their view and made this place less interesting to post at.

Last thought..
To me the whole has always been greater than the parts here. The lack of a moderator dictating what can and can't be written is unique and freeing, but you can also end up paying a price of drifting to mediocrity if the individual members aren't vigulent and get lazy about what happens here. Before you know it the thread board is overloaded with topics like: "OMG! I just broke my Fingernail!"...or even worse, "Hot Diggety Dog" : )
Thus we get posts complaining about the shallowness of this place lately.

Asswipe Posted: Mon Apr 25 11:00:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CorDrine said:
>Just to add my opinion. GT used to be a place I get excited about when I visit it. Someone would always have something interesting to say, exciting to share, some deep thoughts etc. I used to post a lot, almost everyday. But now, its like, I visit GT, and I get a bit disappointed each time. No one is really disgusting about things that matters anymore, not much anyway. The only thing I look forward to now is the weird poll. AS such, I have retreated into my Blog instead. Perhaps its a generation gap? A new generation has emerge in GT? Don't know... don't really care. Just hope that the spirit of GT lives on.... I'll keep on monitoring....

it's probably just your disgusting ideas.

Asswipe Posted: Mon Apr 25 11:08:54 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you last few posters are fucking tools. 5 days ago someone posted a response to kuroyo(apologize for the spelling) postings on the events at columbine school and his take on the idea of massacring fellow classmates. how much more serious and deep of a discussion are you fuckers looking for? since then there has been only shit on penis's, girls on phones, dogs, and other fairly mundane shit, but no more mundane than stuff than has always been posted here. it's been 5 days, so i don't see what the upcry is all about. god, at least you all haven't resorted to the blasphemous "word game".

no, there haven't been any discussions on religion and politics and mostly because, for most of us, we've beaten these issues to a dead horse. we've said what we've collected on these issues and simply repeating our stances and debates seem like a bloody waste of time.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 25 11:23:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>you last few posters are fucking tools.
>
opinions vary

JesusOnline Posted: Mon Apr 25 11:31:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Asswipe said:
>>you last few posters are fucking tools.
>>
>opinions vary

Made me chuckle, in an otherwise chuckleless thread

addi Posted: Mon Apr 25 11:40:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>you last few posters are fucking tools.

Why is Bush trying to get Bolton into the U.N., when the obvious choice for the job is you : )

Asswipe Posted: Mon Apr 25 11:47:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  honestly, the most important part of my post wasn't when i mentioned you folks.

addi Posted: Mon Apr 25 12:18:03 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>honestly, the most important part of my post wasn't when i mentioned you folks.

you mean there was an important part of your post?

libra Posted: Mon Apr 25 12:23:04 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:

>
>no, there haven't been any discussions on religion and politics and mostly because, for most of us, we've beaten these issues to a dead horse. we've said what we've collected on these issues and simply repeating our stances and debates seem like a bloody waste of time.
>

This part is important.
We're like a group of friends that only talks in circles about things that we always talk about. Creating new identities, identity theft, silly posts...all of those things can sometimes spawn out of a lack of interesting discussions...I don't know what I'm trying to say here...but I think what asswipe is saying is true.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 25 12:24:13 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Asswipe said:
>honestly, the most important part of my post wasn't when i mentioned you folks.
>
Asswipe, your posts are among the most interesting here, and I think part of the reason for that is because you don't give a shit what anybody else thinks.

iggy Posted: Mon Apr 25 12:27:42 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  aye

iggy Posted: Mon Apr 25 12:42:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  here's my 2 cents

there was a lot of silliness and that was balanced out with the seriousness in the past.
not that it's not happening now.

i should know 'cos i posted a lot of nonsensical shit in the past and wasted so much of JQ's bandwidth.
[sorry jase]

i can't say for sure that i've changed as a GT forummer, but i know that i changed as a person in real life.

and everyday i still come into GT, which is the first thing that i do everytime i am online... but everything i want to click on [reply to this thread], i don't.

maybe i am used to the older crowd that posted lesser and lesser... and in many ways, i feel lonely here.

mat_j, addison, hif, bluerain, aurora, antartica, casper, dan632, beetlebum, cordrine, christian, misszero and those that belong to that era have posted lesser and lesser or have disappeared for good.

in a lot of ways i miss them especially bluerain who's musical taste is the best in here till today.

the only ones that are going strong are christophe who's a legend in his own right for saying what he feels and thinks not caring on what people think. the same goes for asswipe...

not that i do not connect to the newer crowd cos some of them are very dear to me like meshie [yes meshie haha], breeze, libra, sweet p, kuroyo [wrong spelling again], aeon, crimsaint.

this is probably the longest post i've addressed to anyone in GT for a long time... and i do hope that i still post in here as much as i used to.

following mat_j and christophe, i believe i'm the third poster in the forum from the beginning of time in GT forum.

and i'm gonna be joining those that is lurking around in the shadows here pretty much....
not because i don't feel for GT anymore,
but because i don't really know what to say in here anymore.

i'll be on msn if u guys wanna get me.

antartica Posted: Mon Apr 25 13:01:27 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  lah dee dah...

jennemmer Posted: Mon Apr 25 13:05:59 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Chan,

I for one hope that you keep posting your simpleman journals. They are the first thing I read if I see one on the Newest Threads list. They don't always get replies, mostly because what can a person say to something so personal, but they always make me think.

FN Posted: Mon Apr 25 13:11:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>no one uses their real names here anyway.

You're right, my real name is Sir Boinksalot.

addi Posted: Mon Apr 25 13:17:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Asswipe, your posts are among the most interesting here, and I think part of the reason for that is because you don't give a shit what anybody else thinks.

Now people, don't get me wrong here, (there's been a rash of it lately), I am in agreement with you about appreciating Asswipe's posts (hell, i even wrote an Ode to him), but since when does "not giving a shit what anybody else thinks" become a quality to strive for, eh?
I do believe you can actually care about others here, and not have to resort to calling them "fucking tools", and still manage to be honest with your opinions.

If not giving a flying fuck about what anyone else thinks makes someone an interesting poster...then I'll sit back and wait till the day Asswipe makes a comment on one of your Coulter threads, for instance, and feels it necessary to call you "shit for brains" or something insightful along those lines, included in his reply remarks.

Then we'll see how "interesting" you find him

FN Posted: Mon Apr 25 13:28:14 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Personally I have this nasty habit of starting to laugh in real life situations like this.

It pisses people off to the brink of trying to cause me some real physical harm.

I just don't like dramaqueens/kings. And I really can't be serious about it.

Same thing when gf's or whatever get all melodramatic on me. I just start laughing haha, I'm even laughing now thinking back at some situations I've been in :o)

I don't see the point. If you have something to say, say so, fight if you feel like it should be fought over, and let that be it. I just can't bring myself to taking these sort of things seriously the way they're going now.

I think everybody should just chill and keep things in perspective a little.

I check this place usually every time I look at the tv programmation or when I check my schoolsite for new documents and class information, or when I'm not that busy on msn and don't have anything better to do than sit in front of the computer anyway.

Granted, political and religious threads have toned down a notch, because, like some already pointed out, at this time most of it has been said for the time being. I doubt however that the political state of the world will remain like it is to now from here into eternity.

To say that there aren't any serious discussions here anymore is a different thing though. The subjects just shifted. All we ever talked about before were politics and religion.

Again, just relax and don't take everything more seriously than it should be taken.

addi Posted: Mon Apr 25 13:52:17 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Personally I have this nasty habit of starting to laugh in real life situations like this.

lol

Just got a visual when i read this of JQ sitting in front of his computer with a beer and chips, smiling and thinking to himself as he reads this thread...

..."This is why I don't post more."

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 25 13:55:22 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>Asswipe, your posts are among the most interesting here, and I think part of the reason for that is because you don't give a shit what anybody else thinks.
>
>Now people, don't get me wrong here, (there's been a rash of it lately), I am in agreement with you about appreciating Asswipe's posts (hell, i even wrote an Ode to him), but since when does "not giving a shit what anybody else thinks" become a quality to strive for, eh?
>I do believe you can actually care about others here, and not have to resort to calling them "fucking tools", and still manage to be honest with your opinions.
>
>If not giving a flying fuck about what anyone else thinks makes someone an interesting poster...then I'll sit back and wait till the day Asswipe makes a comment on one of your Coulter threads, for instance, and feels it necessary to call you "shit for brains" or something insightful along those lines, included in his reply remarks.
>
>Then we'll see how "interesting" you find him
>: )
You must have a short mammary Addie, if you don't remember Asswipe and I trading barbs back before the first of the Great GT Purges.
Seems to me I remember Asswipe getting on almost everyones bad side and taking and giving shit on a regular basis, back in the early days.
Calling me "shit for brains" was probably one of the more milder comments he had for me.
You don't necessarily have to be in agreement with someone to find them interesting, or like them to have respect for them.

You seem a little bitchy today.
:-)

addi Posted: Mon Apr 25 14:22:38 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>You seem a little bitchy today.
>:-)

LOL!
Fuck you!

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 25 14:52:24 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>You seem a little bitchy today.
>>:-)
>
>LOL!
>Fuck you!
>
Uh huh, extra bitchy eh ?
:-)

addi Posted: Mon Apr 25 15:15:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Uh huh, extra bitchy eh ?
>:-)

lol
Extra virgin bitchy!

*actually i was trying out the "I don't give a shit" posting attitude to see how it fit.
Decided it's not my style...so I'll leave that to the professionals and go back to being humble, loveable, Addi

Mark Posted: Mon Apr 25 16:37:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I for one don't think the use of an extra account is good for this forum. If you want some extra spice in this forum just post something.

I know it is the Internet and everybody hides behind a name (so do I with my cute name), but I've always given my own opinion... Or at least I tried since I sometimes use the wrong words for it :p

And about that some subject are dead... the world isn't standing still. There is always something to talk about.

What I do miss are frequent posts of poems and some people that I've met in the year I've been on this forum (Choke to name one).

But one thing I know for sure and that is that there are some interesting people here. Even though some have different opinions, but that exactly what makes them interesting. Ok, so what if there is a discussion (hell, hif even flamed me once but I still wished him a happy b-day ;) ).

and now... greetz to all.. I shouldn't have had the amount of beers I had today

kurohyou Posted: Mon Apr 25 19:09:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *straps on flak jacket and ballistic helmet*

I've now read this thread quite a few times, taking it in before offering any of my viewpoints...for what they are worth. :)

I don't frequent forums or chat rooms on the internet so I don't have a lot to compare this place against. But in my time here this place has stood out from other internet refuges I have run across.

What I have noticed is that there is a strikingly personal nature to this place, which makes it unique. Our interactions here seem very family-esque at times. A long distance sibling rivalrly if you will. We'll rip each other to peices at times, but when one of us needs advice or support, we are right there when they need it. Some of our connections extend outside the bounds of this forum. Some of us communicate through our various IM Programs, an extension of the connections that we have built in these forums. Libra called Jazer when we were concerned about how he was doing. Those aren't the actions of your typical run of the mill group of online chatting buddies who live 1000's of miles apart and in different countries on different continients.

Our screen names are very important to these connections, they are the easiest identifiers of who we are, and who we are talking to when we are participating here. A lot of us know stories of each other, we tell them, retell them and seek closure on some of them, this creates history. That history creates, not only a sense of connection, but also a sense of comfort and safety as we interact with one another.

I know my concern, and perhaps the concern of others as well, is that altering those identifiers, to the point where we don't know who we are interacting with, can be detrimental to the connections what we all have. It can be damaging to that history that has been built over the last x-number of weeks, months and years that we have spent sharing our lives with each other. This place would religate to nothing but a random bunch of wackiness if we all changed our screen names all the time, and would probably not resemble what it is now. No connections could be formed because it'd be like talking to a bunch of strangers every time we signed in.

We all value this place because we frequent it. I, like many of the others here, check this place as a matter of course in my online activities. I don't get the feeling that Addi was attempting to call specific parties out on the carpet for a communal assault on their character, but, as his post stated at its opening, he was presenting his opinion, and voicing a concern that he has, and its a legitimate concern. None of us want to see this place fall apart. I don't think that there's a risk for that right now, or even as a result of randomly changing screen names, but again, its a legitmate concern.

I can appreciate the idea of starting anew with a new name and a fresh start. That is something I wish for at times in my normal life, yet one I've excercised infrequently in my cyber one. My first posts on this forum were under a different name. (kilohertz, maybe 2 posts) But Kurohyou (or Kuro) is the name I've established my connection with various people with, and as far as this forum goes, that is who I am. But the histories that we have built in our time here is what makes that difficult, and confusing for a lot of us.

As for the content of this place, it is what it is. It ebbs and flows. And while I don't participate in every thread, residing somewhere in between a regular and a lurker, I think the balance is good and this remains one of my favorite place on the net.

For what its worth...

*tatically backs out of room*

Zacq Posted: Mon Apr 25 20:24:11 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wonder if anyone would notice if I added a few extra consonants to my name..

Why can't we be friends?

addi Posted: Mon Apr 25 20:46:47 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:

>Why can't we be friends?

We ARE all friends. Everythings cool.

*except for that asshole Koff. I don't like him. In fact, you go tell Raphael and Koff that I ain't takin' no jive
from no Western Union messenger!
You tell that asshole, if he got
somethin' to tell me to get his
ass down here himself!

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 25 20:51:21 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Zacq said:
>
>>Why can't we be friends?
>
>We ARE all friends. Everythings cool.
>
>*except for that asshole Koff. I don't like him. In fact, you go tell Raphael and Koff that I ain't takin' no jive
>from no Western Union messenger!
>You tell that asshole, if he got
>somethin' to tell me to get his
>ass down here himself!
>
Yeah, and after that oil for food scandal, he won't be in charge of the UN much longer either, the bastard !
>: )

Dancer Posted: Mon Apr 25 23:20:53 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sweet P said:
>What the mofo.
>
>I am confused like Christophe and Asswipe.
>
>Is this about the unknown "Ed"?
>
>Maybe I am not around enough to understand what is happening...
>

i'd say that too. i know that GT's a community,
everyone knows everyone here..the thing that keeps this place together is the regulars..GT's the forum i've been around the longest time. I welcome newbies, hope they stay addicted like we do.. but not newbies that come in and disappear after a few posts.. i got very confused by that. And i do not know anymore if i should jump in and welcome any new posters now..

addi Posted: Tue Apr 26 07:33:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dancer said:

>I welcome newbies, hope they stay addicted like we do.. but not newbies that come in and disappear after a few posts.. i got very confused by that. And i do not know anymore if i should jump in and welcome any new posters now..

I hear you, Dancer. With very little thought I think I could name a dozen newbies over the past 6 months that came on like gangbusters for a few days or weeks, and then vanished into the thin cyberspace air, never to be heard from again. It can't help but make you wonder when they first come on if they're going to become a long time regular poster here, or if they'll end up joining the "I came, I posted, and I went" crowd.
I can understand your reluctance to jump aboard the welcoming crew.

At least you know you have a handfull of regular hard core addicts here that offer some sense of community and consistancy to the ebb and flow of forum posters.

*and you need to show your face more here! : )

breeze Posted: Tue Apr 26 10:49:32 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For what itís worth as says Kurohyou I decided to add my couple of thoughts. I loved this place since the very first time when yahoo search led my path in here. Iíve never posted anything on forum, because of my irregular visits and I never wanted to be just someone as Addi says who come, post, and go. The thing that I liked the most though about this place was and still is that no matter when I came back to this place in a month or in a year, Iíve seen all the same faces (the main ďbodyĒ of GT) that always made me feel like home. it was the only place on the web that I kept coming back to, no matter how long I spent time away from it. So joining this forum in a way was like a decision to marry hehe when I finally knew that Iím able to make a commitment I joined. I knew Iíll find enough time for it and stick around and get to know better all the people here. And even though Iím still a newbie here, I care for this place and people here a lot.

Maybe like Sweet P and Dancer I was also oblivious to double identities some people had on this place, and I think itís their personal issue, but I have to agree with Kuro that the way we identify people here is detrimental to our relationships. Iím not talking about slightly modifying the names, but creating a totally new personality. I think it ruins in a way this special atmosphere of sincerity that we have here, were everybody just says what they think whether you like it or not. I met some people here, who became very special to me, and I really hope that nothing is going to ruin what took so much effort, time, and heart to build.

And, Chan, I really hope you still gonna post often, because I love your posts and resistance is going to fall apart without its leader.

Silentmind Posted: Tue Apr 26 19:13:08 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think Kuro put it in words that seem to be quite right, as Kuro always seems to do.

Mesh Posted: Sat Apr 30 23:40:16 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well this thread just depresses me. And I didnt even read half of it.

Mesh Posted: Sat Apr 30 23:40:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nor do I intend to.

choke Posted: Sun May 1 17:31:52 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh you guys are all angry and stuff but all I can think about is how great you all are :D

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]