Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

colorado road trippin'.......
simonvii Posted: Tue Apr 26 14:01:48 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  so my girl's goin out to colorado on the 6th by plane to visit her bro, and my buddy aaron and i decided to road trip out on the 5th to see her for her birthday on the 8th...we're goin by crappy piece (car) so if anybody lives between kalamazoo, michigan and denver feel free to leave some gas money in yer mailbox......

addi Posted: Tue Apr 26 14:11:57 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry guy. I used to live right on the route you'd be taking and would have been happy to help, but you'd have to go way out of your way south to get to my mailbox now.

Word of advice...if you're crossing the length of Nebraska make sure you have lots of coffee or pills or something to keep you awake. That stretch is a killer!

andariel Posted: Tue Apr 26 17:45:19 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I live in Denver (or at least will be living in Denver by then) if you need a place to stay, some good dinner or something fun to do one night or another, i know the city like no other and can get you anywhere you want to be. Swing dance club? Know it. underground punk music? Know it. Old rocking book stores? know 'em. I know somewere to go or something to do for just about anyone.

kurohyou Posted: Wed Apr 27 10:22:45 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Word of advice...if you're crossing the length of Nebraska make sure you have lots of coffee or pills or something to keep you awake. That stretch is a killer!

Good advice...the length through Kanasas is not much better. Flat land will put you to sleep faster than anything. I woke up from full nights sleep in St. Louis, started back to CO and passed out 20 mins into the trip...I wasn't driving.

I'm in Denver as well, but I don't know that I will be in town during that stretch, may be out of town on business. Drop an E-mail if you need anything and if I'm around I'll try to help.

Bring Lotion, very dry climate. And also bring winter and summer clothes, we are having wacked weather right now. Sunny and hot one day. Snowing and cold the next. Colorado weather is a bitch.

I don't know where you are at but we're a mile above sea level...thin air so be ready. I've heard that it affects some people more than others.

Have a good trip, stay safe.

For what it worth...

kurohyou Posted: Wed Apr 27 10:23:43 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  andariel said:
>I live in Denver (or at least will be living in Denver by then)

Where in Denver will you be living?

andariel Posted: Wed Apr 27 11:06:55 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  a very little off Broadway and Bellview (so more in Englewood I guess).

kurohyou Posted: Wed Apr 27 22:19:20 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  andariel said:
>a very little off Broadway and Bellview (so more in Englewood I guess).

That is where I grew up...I lived in a house off of Chenango and Delaware by Sinclair middle school...small world. I lived in that area up until about two years ago and I moved to Denver, but my brothers still live in Englewood and I work at EHS...small world.

For what its worth...

andariel Posted: Thu Apr 28 12:22:41 2005 Post | Quote in Reply  
  small world indeed; I almost went to EHS, then stuff happened and I had to live with my mother so I served my 4 years at Eaglecrest.

And I'm back now, sitting here watching the world turn all dark and gray. Made it through my first year of college (yay!) Driving in Co. Springs was great, fog so thick you didn't know there was someone in fount of you until it was almost to late to brake.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]